IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is it a somewhat good estimate that
chinese LLLL.com premiums are at at least $1billion value today?
Unlike Number .coms chinese premium LLLL.com boomed in value in a very short period.
Will they hold their value or is it the biggest BUBBLE ever seen in domains?

Share your thoughts please

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi rpanella,

Hi can you confirm me this nkzl.com flippa sale is it error or real.
If real can someone tell me how this happening, i m bidding on all most every single flippa name and already adding bin way high compare to the listed price so wondering how i missed this name, someone got lucky.

It does seem to be an offer someone agreed to sell at: https://flippa.com/5653118-no-title

None of the lower Flippa sales (under $1k in the last couple weeks) were auctions that anyone could bid on, they were private offers accepted by the seller.

•••
So you have to ask someone hey you ant to sale this name for certain price and if they accept you win without auction, that is good to know.

•••
So you have to ask someone hey you ant to sale this name for certain price and if they accept you win without auction, that is good to know.

Yeah Flippa allows auction listings or classified listings, which are free and allow buyers to contact you with private offers. I'm guessing there are some buyers that send out bulk low ball offers hoping someone will sell. I think there is a member on Namepros who has gotten a couple below market value deals at Flippa lately.

•••
Yeah Flippa allows auction listings or classified listings, which are free and allow buyers to contact you with private offers. I'm guessing there are some buyers that send out bulk low ball offers hoping someone will sell. I think there is a member on Namepros who has gotten a couple below market value deals at Flippa lately.
Thanks for your word i will try that strategy and see if i get any success.

•••
Is any one know how to separate 4l.com from that tons of listed names on flippa, since they do not have any option to search with domain length.

•••
There is an option to filter for length at flippa. Strangely enough, that option isn't in the Advanced Search page.

To find it go to Domains > All (or Domains > Auctions if you only want to see auctions). A new page will open with several filters in the left column, At the bottom of it, you'll find the option "Domain Characters". Select 4 and you'll be presented with a list of 4letter domains for auction.

•••
There is an option to filter for length at flippa. Strangely enough, that option isn't in the Advanced Search page.

To find it go to Domains > All (or Domains > Auctions if you only want to see auctions). A new page will open with several filters in the left column, At the bottom of it, you'll find the option "Domain Characters". Select 4 and you'll be presented with a list of 4letter domains for auction.

Thank you for your advice, i will try it.

•••
Does anyone know if 'hg' has a particular meaning?

Yesterday's remarkable sales include:
hg3599.com 2,301 USD
hg3566.com 2,205 USD
hg2366.com 2,204 USD

I checked the first 3500 HGNNNN.com and they are all registered.

Should we move from the LLLL.com bubble to the LLNNNN.com bubble?

•••
Does anyone know if 'hg' has a particular meaning?

Seems like 皇冠 (Pinyin HuángGuàn) which means royal crown.

•••
Thank you. I can't understand yet why hgNNNN.com are all registered while cnNNNN.com are not. Looking at LLLL sales CN should be a better combination than HG. Something in the mix hg plus numbers makes it more valuable. But I can't see what it is. Maybe a postal code?

•••
Yes, it is a bubble, just like there was a bubble in 2006-2008 when all LLLL.com's got registered, min prices for the worst LLLL.com's went up to $75 or so during peak times, but shortly after there was a major crash and in 2009 they were practically worthless again.
Chinese LLLL.com's prices went up at ridiculous rates, I see no reason for such high values, such sharp growth is unsustainable. It might crash soon, or it might hit $1500, or $2000 first, but I'm pretty sure prices will drop back to more realistic levels where they were before.
Most actual end users can't afford the kind of prices that random LLLL.com's are selling at already.
I sold all my chinese premiums recently and planning to sell a few more LLLL.com's as well before it's too late...

There are still some opportunities to make money on this while people constantly pay even higher prices for chinese premiums, but I'd be very careful with holding on to big portfolios for a while..

•••
Yes, it is a bubble, just like there was a bubble in 2006-2008 when all LLLL.com's got registered, min prices for the worst LLLL.com's went up to $75 or so during peak times, but shortly after there was a major crash and in 2009 they were practically worthless again.
Chinese LLLL.com's prices went up at ridiculous rates, I see no reason for such high values, such sharp growth is unsustainable. It might crash soon, or it might hit $1500, or $2000 first, but I'm pretty sure prices will drop back to more realistic levels where they were before.
Most actual end users can't afford the kind of prices that random LLLL.com's are selling at already.
I sold all my chinese premiums recently and planning to sell a few more LLLL.com's as well before it's too late...

There are still some opportunities to make money on this while people constantly pay even higher prices for chinese premiums, but I'd be very careful with holding on to big portfolios for a while..

I don't think people who bought at $1000-1500 are going to let them go any sooner. I guess most of them are capable of holding them long term.

Only 160,000 domains, 10,000 start-ups everyday and 1.35 billion population. You do the math.

•••
Sellers start to set higher BIN for CP's, new trend or just someones experiment?

CPL4L20151016.png

•••

There are few large difference between 2008-2009 and now (2015):
- all LLLL.com were regged on November 2, 2007. Financial crisis, caused by subprime lending, which started in summer 2007, developed into world crisis in 2008, causing Lehman Brothers to go into bancruptcy on September 15, 2008. The result was the worst financial crisis since Great Depression in 1930ies. Even during the crisis, all LLLL.com remained registered, there were no LLLL.com for handreg (probably except for max. 3 days at one point of time, when several thousands LLLL.com dropped at once). All LLLL.com dropping were immediatly dropcatched.
- currently stock markets, real estate prices in the USA are doing well. NY real estate prices already exceed previous (pre-2008 cirisis) peek prices. Chineese economy is much stronger now than in 2008 (even after recent shares decline). China has now larger middle class than the US (see yesterday's article, quoted several times on NP).
- in 2007 people were used to have LLLL.com handregged. In 2015, people used that LLLL.com can not be handregged since 8 years.
- in 2008-2009, new GTLD concept promoted by ICANN was weighting on the .com prices - people were afraid .com will lose its appeal. Now, after launch of numerous gtld, we see that the concerns were overdone, and the .com shines as a king further. I.e. .com will remain the one and only top domain zone. And we know what happens to top zones in real estate (i.e. Manhattan) - they skyrocket. The same for .com - LL.com, LLL.com, LLLL.com are experiencing rise on a huge demand for the one and only limited supply memorable short domains in .com.
- Special comment on CHIPs: in my understanding, the chinese abbreviations in LLLL.com often consist of 2 words, not of 4 words as in western world, probably this makes CHIPs more desirable that normal western LLLL.com

Disclaimer:
All above is imho. When making your domain investments, you need to make your own research and not to rely on other opinions or previous trends.

Last edited:
•••
Somewhat related because of the post author;

Hey Russell when iss the numericsales.com website going to launch! I'm putting some pressure on you to get another great resource up and online.

The LLLLsales website is great for people to track whats going on. The numeric version will be great. Include a few more extensions please.

It does seem to be an offer someone agreed to sell at: https://flippa.com/5653118-no-title

None of the lower Flippa sales (under $1k in the last couple weeks) were auctions that anyone could bid on, they were private offers accepted by the seller.

•••
•••
Excellent analysis. I agree 100 %.

There are few large difference between 2008-2009 and now (2015):
- all LLLL.com were regged on November 2, 2007. Financial crisis, caused by subprime lending, which started in summer 2007, developed into world crisis in 2008, causing Lehman Brothers to go into bancruptcy on September 15, 2008. The result was the worst financial crisis since Great Depression in 1930ies. Even during the crisis, all LLLL.com remained registered, there were no LLLL.com for handreg (probably except for max. 3 days at one point of time, when several thousands LLLL.com dropped at once). All LLLL.com dropping were immediatly dropcatched.
- currently stock markets, real estate prices in the USA are doing well. NY real estate prices already exceed previous (pre-2008 cirisis) peek prices. Chineese economy is much stronger now than in 2008 (even after recent shares decline). China has now larger middle class than the US (see yesterday's article, quoted several times on NP).
- in 2007 people were used to have LLLL.com handregged. In 2015, people used that LLLL.com can not be handregged since 8 years.
- in 2008-2009, new GTLD concept promoted by ICANN was weighting on the .com prices - people were afraid .com will lose its appeal. Now, after launch of numerous gtld, we see that the concerns were overdone, and the .com shines as a king further. I.e. .com will remain the one and only top domain zone. And we know what happens to top zones in real estate (i.e. Manhattan) - they skyrocket. The same for .com - LL.com, LLL.com, LLLL.com are experiencing rise on a huge demand for the one and only limited supply memorable short domains in .com.
- Special comment on CHIPs: in my understanding, the chinese abbreviations in LLLL.com often consist of 2 words, not of 4 words as in western world, probably this makes CHIPs more desirable that normal western LLLL.com

Disclaimer:
All above is imho. When making your domain investments, you need to make your own research and not to rely on other opinions or previous trends.

•••
Correction. I got one more today. That's makes it five below the market prices. :xf.wink:

•••

There are more domainers around the world, more companies, more end-users and the pool of available short domains keep decreasing each day.

Add to that speculation, the need for Chinese investors to park their money outside of the local taxman/government and you see that unlike Pokemon cards (which anyway got bubble prices as well) given the fact LLLL.com are a fixed number, each day even the so called "crappier unpronunciable" becomes rarer than the day before and once you get to the point that a Country with 1 Billion + people becomes wealthy, you get millions of new investors which buy absolutely anything they can.

Examples lately are in every asset class, just Google it.

Here some recent links:

USA

http://kalw.org/post/competitive-so...tional-chinese-buyers-against-locals#stream/0

AUSTRALIA

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/articl...ors-outbidding-hardworking-australian-racists

EUROPE

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-23/china-wants-to-buy-europe

http://www.economist.com/news/busin...-coming-under-chinese-ownership-gone-shopping

•••
Can anyone translate this:
Show attachment 17542

易名 seems like the name of the registrar eName.
爱名 seems like the name of the registrar 22.cn.

四声母 is 4 characters.

4 Letters is 四字母.
4 Numbers is 四数字.

Did my translations put your doubts in context of where you found those words?

•••
I can add that IPV6 addresses start to be more and more in use,
so to avoid to typing long IPV6 adress into the browser will increase demand for short domains.
Plus add here massive Internet of things IOT boom for next years.

There are more domainers around the world, more companies, more end-users and the pool of available short domains keep decreasing each day.

Add to that speculation, the need for Chinese investors to park their money outside of the local taxman/government and you see that unlike Pokemon cards (which anyway got bubble prices as well) given the fact LLLL.com are a fixed number, each day even the so called "crappier unpronunciable" becomes rarer than the day before and once you get to the point that a Country with 1 Billion + people becomes wealthy, you get millions of new investors which buy absolutely anything they can.

Examples lately are in every asset class, just Google it.

Here some recent links:

USA

http://kalw.org/post/competitive-so...tional-chinese-buyers-against-locals#stream/0

AUSTRALIA

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/articl...ors-outbidding-hardworking-australian-racists

EUROPE

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-23/china-wants-to-buy-europe

http://www.economist.com/news/busin...-coming-under-chinese-ownership-gone-shopping

•••

四声母 is 4 characters.

4 Letters is 四字母.
4 Numbers is 四数字.

It's from the price chart at chaomi.cc. I thought it was something like 5th percentile and 10th percentile but it sounds like it is 4 letter .coms and 4 number .coms.

•••
Thank you. I can't understand yet why hgNNNN.com are all registered while cnNNNN.com are not. Looking at LLLL sales CN should be a better combination than HG. Something in the mix hg plus numbers makes it more valuable. But I can't see what it is. Maybe a postal code?

My guess is the organization named 皇冠 is building up a network of sites or just doing defensive registrations.

•••
Can anyone translate this:
34605_dc182710304b5343d4a45664017128d7.png

四声母 is 4 characters.

4 Letters is 四字母.
4 Numbers is 四数字.

It's from the price chart at chaomi.cc. I thought it was something like 5th percentile and 10th percentile but it sounds like it is 4 letter .coms and 4 number .coms.

I'll like to correct myself. 四声母 is not exactly 4 characters.

In the phonetic Hanyu Pīnyīn 拼音 system, each Chinese syllable is composed of three parts: initial, final and tone.

There are 21 initials (声母 Shēng Mǔ) and 2 semi-vowels (y and w).

The 21 initials are b, p, m, f, d, t, n, l, g, k, h, j, q, x, zh, ch, sh, r, z, c & s.

Thus 四声母 is, more correctly, 4 initials; basically 4 Chinese Premium letters as we define them here.

•••
I'll like to correct myself. 四声母 is not exactly 4 characters.

In the phonetic Hanyu Pīnyīn 拼音 system, each Chinese syllable is composed of three parts: initial, final and tone.

There are 21 initials (声母 Shēng Mǔ) and 2 semi-vowels (y and w).

The 21 initials are b, p, m, f, d, t, n, l, g, k, h, j, q, x, zh, ch, sh, r, z, c & s.

Thus 四声母 is, more correctly, 4 initials; basically 4 Chinese Premium letters as we define them here.
Does this also mean that y and w would be less desirable than the 21 initials in Chinese acronym domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back