NameSilo

Chinese LLLL.com bubble!?

Located in "Short" Domain Discussion, started by freezer, Sep 13, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. hullswingerscom

hullswingerscom Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

so why don't they invest in LLL.tv LLLL.tv

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Nile Patel

Nile Patel IdealDomain ★★★★★★★★★★

I m not Chinese so i can't tell that why not in .tv
    Simple logic is people know what is .com and they know their own country code like .cn or com.cn, lets see now all this new gtlds get popular or not, time will tell.

3. En

En Account Closed (Requested)

LLL and LLLL with .tv may be too long, it would be LL.tv or L.tv if anything.

The "TV" names with most offers at 4.cn are LLTV.COMs

4. Genius327

Genius327 Top Contributor VIP

If "V" was a letter in Chinese alphabets, I would have become a millionaire by now. :(

5. Nile Patel

I see many good sales with V too not that big but still very good return so hold it you will gain more.

6. freezer

freezer Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

question,
    For an example, If you look the cities in China, they contain non chinese premium letters.
    Are they pronounced differently in chinese or they have other word? simply, are they english
    style, that chinese do not understand? Beijing, Tianjin, Wuhan, LongHai etc

7. En

I guess it depends on how the V is used. If there is no Chinese word (or double word such as Tianjin = TJ, Television = TV, etc.) that has a V, then it is useless.

8. En

VOC.com.cn is another. Lots of gov.cn sites

9. metwebber

metwebber Established Member

I dont know Chinese and their culture but as i know, the important thing is abbreviation. Of course they use vowelsbut in abbreviation they dont generally use vowels. (sometimes E and A are used.)
    If you use google translate, you can hear how they pronounce.

Abbreviation of your examples ; BJ (Beijing), TJ (Tianjin), WH (Wuhan).... They prefer consonants when using abbreviations.

Some exception in the abbreviation of cities : Xi'an (XA)

10. NPer

NPer Very Allergic to CURRY PRO VIP

As far as "V" goes... it'll have it's time. You'll see. :)

11. Jen-Sin

Jen-Sin Established Member

I am expecting the price will be depressed slightly with a huge supply of 118 Chinese Premium LLLL.com to flood the market within a 3-4 hours time frame.

To put this number in perspective, 628 Chinese Premium LLLL.com were reportedly sold in the whole month of September.

I even thought a smart trader would control the supply to get maximum price out of each sales. I'm so wrong.

At of the time of this posting, the price is well supported with a minimum close of $1058. And there are about 30 more to go with 1 hour left.

Seems to me the bubble is not ripe yet.

Disclaimer: I'm not involved or related to the listings.

@rpanella, heads up for you to update your database after this lot has ended.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  12. vlad74

vlad74 Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As I see, the auction is over (except for 1 last name). Do you know what was resulting lowest price? Median price?

13. Jen-Sin

I did not know the names will all be removed when the auction of the lot is over.

The lowest is 6,700 RMB (1,058 USD) for FFBQ.
    The highest is 23,011 RMB (3,633 USD) for KIZG.

It'll not be easy to manually sort the values and calculate the median. My guesstimate is around 7000+ RMB. Anyone can PM me to help calculate the median, mean, etc..

14. metwebber

metwebber Established Member

According to Economictimes News ;
    10.000 Startups A Day Being Set Up in China to boost Economy.
    https://no_url_shorteners/iC8AEq

If this is true, I guess rising in price is normal and it grounds nice reality, nice reason.
    Also the remarks of that chinese people invest these domains because of that they want to save their money in USD is remarkable however I think starting a business is harder reason why price of chinese domains are incrasing or increased .

15. rpanella

rpanella Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

120 Chinese Premium sales reported from 4.cn so far today are now up on LLLLSales.com:

Minimum Price: $1,056
    Maximum Price: $3,625
    Average Price: $1,231
    Median Price: $1,129
    Total Volume: $147,748

89 of the 120 finished between $1050 -$1200, with the rest above $1200.

Seems like the floor remained pretty solid even with the huge temporary increase in supply.

16. campout

campout Top Contributor VIP

So that should bring the 10th percentile above $1,000 for the first time. And the 5th percentile a whole lot closer, if not above the same mark.

17. Tim Schoon

Tim Schoon Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I held this auction at 4.cn today. There are some very large buyers out there who do not bother bidding on a single domain name, so holding a big auction with many domains can attract other bidders and therefor get higher prices.

There were only two premium LLLL domains at 4.cn yesterday, one of them (DNMN.com) went for only $1057, the same price as my lowest sale today, even though dmnm.com is also a western premium and therefor (in my opinion) of higher quality than the lowest sale today.

Most of the domains that I auctioned today were of better quality than the 'minimum' or 5th percentile quality - most of them contain repeating letter patterns or popular acronyms so it's hard to judge that just based on this auction.

The 5th percentile should be above $1,000 by now anyway, as I have received several bulk offers on any Chips for $1k+ ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  18. forge

forge Be one or buy one VIP

Congratulations, Tim. Quite a success, I would say! Job well done.

19. thebutler

thebutler Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Well done Tim. I'm guessing you approached 4.cn to run the auction? Did they promote the auction on their website in advance?

20. krx

krx Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Not a bad haul for a day's work.

21. Nile Patel

This is amazing so all 120 sold in one single day or it was listed there since long, when i saw all sudden listing on llllsales.com I assumed they may be release whole month sale in one day, can someone tell me please.

22. rpanella

rpanella Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

They all ended today, spaced about 2 mins apart. We add the sales with the date the auction finished, usually within a couple hours of the end time.

According to this post (https://www.namepros.com/threads/hu...auction-118-domains-qccq-com-and-more.885042/) it seems like most bids came in the last 24 hours.

23. Jen-Sin

I was monitoring this auction. Most bids come in the last 30 minutes of each.

One reason could be 4.cn requires a deposit before bidding.

24. Nile Patel

That is good to know , as the bubble is not busting yet, Thanks for your reply.

25. Nile Patel

Hi rpanella,

Hi can you confirm me this nkzl.com flippa sale is it error or real.
    If real can someone tell me how this happening, i m bidding on all most every single flippa name and already adding bin way high compare to the listed price so wondering how i missed this name, someone got lucky.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice