Dynadot

information Go Daddy's "Keyword Valuations"

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
While i don't believe GD should even be in the Appraisal/Valuation business, I intend to to use their valuations to sell domains to "end users" because i can:xf.wink:

I'm still seeking plaintiffs for a "Class Action" lawsuit as a result of GD devaluing my portfolio in excess of a million dollars, however that's not the purpose of my starting this thread.

What I want to share with NP members is GD's "keyword valuation" tool and how that too may help sell your domains. Simply go to; https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/?domainToCheck=engagesomeone.org

While i happen to own a similar domain, GD values engagesomeone.org @ < less than $100 as they do the similar domain i own. However you'll see where GD says this about the keywords "engage" and "someone";

• Valuable keywords: engage and someone are high value keywords with an average sale price of $1943 and $1867.
I don't know about you, but at least for me this is pretty powerful when it comes to selling a domain to an "end user". What say you? I'd really like to know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's just an automated appraisal service, and end-users don't buy domains because they're valuable, they buy them because they want them.

In fact, if it undervalues your domains, it means that people (who are interested in them) would be more inclined to make offers on them. In which case you'd get more opportunities to engage with clients (be it directly or indirectly).

•••
Doesn't almost everyone see (including end users) that those average keyword sale prices are skewed by some obvious outliers, such as engage.com selling for over $800K.

Your example is an emotive and evocative domain name, and dividing it into keywords just ruins it, imo.

Last edited:
•••
It's just an automated appraisal service, and end-users don't buy domains because they're valuable, they buy them because they want them.

In fact, if it undervalues your domains, it means that people (who are interested in them) would be more inclined to make offers on them. In which case you'd get more opportunities to engage with clients (be it directly or indirectly).
How do you know "end users" don't buy domains because they're valuable:xf.rolleyes: "End Users" buy domains for all sorts of reasons.....i know because I am an "end user".

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't almost everyone see (including end users) that those average keyword sale prices are skewed by some obvious outliers, such as engage.com selling for over $800K.

Your example is an emotive and evocative domain name, and dividing it into keywords just ruins it, imo.
I "engage" as many as a dozen people every day....Do you like crabcakes:xf.grin:

•••
How do you know "end users" don't buy domains because they're valuable:xf.rolleyes:
Because they have no use for the value. If anything, the value is an obstacle for them.

Let's say they want ox.com, and they see that it's a eight-figure domain. It's not within their budget so they won't bother reaching out, and instead make an offer on oxtech.com or something like that.

"End Users" buy domains for all sorts of reasons.....i know because I am an "end user".
No. Investors speculate in domain value.

•••
Because they have no use for the value. If anything, the value is an obstacle for them.

Let's say they want ox.com, and they see that it's a eight-figure domain. It's not within their budget so they won't bother reaching out, and instead make an offer on oxtech.com or something like that.

No. Investors speculate in domain value.
This may have gone over your head but i'm both an investor and an "end user". One of us is obviously conflicted and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

Now to get back "on topic", GD's "Keyword Valuation" tool is something I'd share with an end user if I thought it might help them decide whether or not to buy a domain. That said, thanks for your OPINION!

•••
This may have gone over your head but i'm both an investor and an "end user".
No I got that you're an investor (you wouldn't be here otherwise), and whether you're also an end-user isn't relevant.

One of us is obviously conflicted and I'm pretty sure it's not me.
Well I'm not the one trying to sue GoDaddy over their appraisal service.

Now to get back "on topic", GD's "Keyword Valuation" tool is something I'd share with an end user if I thought it might help them decide whether or not to buy a domain.
That has always been a terrible negotiation strategy because you're giving credit to an automated appraisal service that is designed to get people to try to sell hand-registrations and enlist brokers.

I've had clients trying to throw these numbers at me as well. And I always explain why they're unreliable and that I'm not interested to sell at that price.

That said, thanks for your OPINION!
You're welcome, and best of luck to you with your class action lawsuit.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back