IT.COM

discuss GoDaddy's "Keyword Valuation Tool"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
While i don't believe GD should even be in the Appraisal/Valuation business, I intend to to use their valuations to sell domains to "end users" because i can:xf.wink:

What I want to share with NP members is GD's "keyword valuation" tool and how that too may help sell your domains. Simply go to; https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/?domainToCheck=engagesomeone.org

While i happen to own a similar domain, GD values engagesomeone.org @ < less than $100 as they do the similar domain i own. However you'll see where GD says this about the keywords "engage" and "someone";

• Valuable keywords: engage and someone are high value keywords with an average sale price of $1943 and $1867.
I don't know about you, but at least for me this is pretty powerful when it comes to selling a domain to an "end user". What say you? I'd really like to know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks

ps. i intend to share this sort of information with a potential "end user" in the hope that Go Daddy's valuation adds to my credibility.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is giving me Phil Connors type of vibes.

•••
What I want to share with NP members is GD's "keyword valuation" tool and how that too may help sell your domains. Simply go to; https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/?domainToCheck=engagesomeone.org

While i happen to own a similar domain, GD values engagesomeone.org @ < less than $100 as they do the similar domain i own. However you'll see where GD says this about the keywords "engage" and "someone";
  • Valuable keywords: engage and someone are high value keywords with an average sale price of $1943 and $1867.

While the keywords "engage" and "someone" could have those average domain sales prices, that data is next to useless because:
  1. The average is skewed by outlier sales.
  2. Low sales volume.
Engage.com is going to be significantly more valuable than enagewiththem.com, even though both domains contain the keyword "engage". So if engage.com sells for $800,000 and enagewiththem.com sells for $20 then the average will be $400,010, which is not a reliable estimate for either of the domains' values.

As for sales volume, consider the sales of the domains containing the word "someone."

1706773188231.png

There are only 30 documented sales containing this keyword...out of over 1.3 million entries. This keyword doesn't (reliably) sell.

Further consider that you own a .org which is significantly less desirable than a .com, and no one is going to even think of wanting it unless they can't get the .com.

I don't know about you, but at least for me this is pretty powerful when it comes to selling a domain to an "end user". What say you? I'd really like to know your thoughts and opinions. Thanks

ps. i intend to share this sort of information with a potential "end user" in the hope that Go Daddy's valuation adds to my credibility.

I'm not sure what you're thinking here. Are you going to link them to a site that appraises the domain you're trying to sell them to be worth less than $100? Or are you going to provide them with the blanket statement that these keywords average for this much and hope they don't ask you to source your claim?

GoDaddy's domain appraisal service has a terrible reputation overall, because it's not designed to properly appraise the value of domains, it's designed to get people to use their services. So if you assign credibility to it then you're going to lower your own credibility once they decide to look it up.

Last edited:
•••
While the keywords "engage" and "someone" could have those average domain sales prices, that data is next to useless because:
  1. The average is skewed by outlier sales.
  2. Low sales volume.
Engage.com is going to be significantly more valuable than enagewiththem.com, even though both domains contain the keyword "engage". So if engage.com sells for $800,000 and enagewiththem.com sells for $20 then the average will be $400,010, which is not a reliable estimate for either of the domains' values.

As for sales volume, consider the sales of the domains containing the word "someone."

Show attachment 252155

There are only 30 documented sales containing this keyword...out of over 1.3 million entries. This keyword doesn't (reliably) sell.

Further consider that you own a .org which is significantly less desirable than a .com, and no one is going to even think of wanting it unless they can't get the .com.

I'm not sure what you're thinking here. Are you going to link them to a site that appraises the domain you're trying to sell them to be worth less than $100? Or are you going to provide them with the blanket statement that these keywords average for this much and hope they don't ask you to source your claim?

GoDaddy's domain appraisal service has a terrible reputation overall, because it's not designed to properly appraise the value of domains, it's designed to get people to use their services. So if you assign credibility to it then you're going to lower your own credibility once they decide to look it up.
So YOU think GD's appraisal service has a terrible reputation overall?:ROFL: An "end user" doesn't know that......do YOU think an "end user" knows or cares what you think?

Of course the .com is better.....you don't think i know that.....Duh!

It's a pity you don't know me but i "engage" pretty much every stranger/newbie i meet at the gym, at church, at my golf club, my Kiwanis Club, my neighbors, even strangers/someones in front of or behind me at my grocery store or even at sporting events or the movies.

Do you like Crabcakes?:unsure:
Artboard 18.png

•••
•••
So YOU think GD's appraisal service has a terrible reputation overall?
Yes. If you do a quick check-up on Google for [godaddy appraisal accuracy] (which is a recommended search option)...

1706782281244.png

...the first non-sponsored result is this.

1706781977239.png

An "end user" doesn't know that......do YOU think an "end user" knows or cares what you think?
If you keep referencing GoDaddy's appraisal service in a negotiation then yes, there's a good chance that the potential buyer will look it up. Most people aren't keen on blowing thousands of dollars on something they don't know the value of, without at least a little bit of impartial feedback.

Of course the .com is better.....you don't think i know that.....Duh!
Right, and engagesomeone.com was registered just now (most likely by you). Meaning that no one saw any value in this domain until just recently. In other words, engagesomeone.com is worthless, and since engagesomeone.org isn't worth more, it can also be concluded to be worthless.

It's a pity you don't know me but i "engage" pretty much every stranger/newbie i meet at the gym, at church, at my golf club, my Kiwanis Club, my neighbors, even strangers/someones in front of or behind me at my grocery store or even at sporting events or the movies.
Yes, these are commonly used words but that doesn't mean that they're effective brand names or domains. You'd have to ask yourself, who'd buy this and why? A site for meeting new people? A dating site? There are catchier and more concise domain names. So why would they choose yours?

Do you like Crabcakes?:unsure:
Never had one.

•••
Yes. If you do a quick check-up on Google for [godaddy appraisal accuracy] (which is a recommended search option)...

Show attachment 252162

...the first non-sponsored result is this.

Show attachment 252160

If you keep referencing GoDaddy's appraisal service in a negotiation then yes, there's a good chance that the potential buyer will look it up. Most people aren't keen on blowing thousands of dollars on something they don't know the value of, without at least a little bit of impartial feedback.

Right, and engagesomeone.com was registered just now (most likely by you). Meaning that no one saw any value in this domain until just recently. In other words, engagesomeone.com is worthless, and since engagesomeone.org isn't worth more, it can also be concluded to be worthless.

Yes, these are commonly used words but that doesn't mean that they're effective brand names or domains. You'd have to ask yourself, who'd buy this and why? A site for meeting new people? A dating site? There are catchier and more concise domain names. So why would they choose yours?

Never had one.
You've never had a crabcake.....OMG! Have you ever had an oyster? How about a dram of Single Malt Whisky?

Now back "on topic"......i've done some guest lecturing at a local university about intellectual property and domain names and i can assure you that very few "end users" have a clue about domain appraisals or valuations. However, most have heard of Go Daddy but never the likes of DAN, Afternic, Sedo, Epik or YOU!

I happen to have started and yes NAMED dozens of businesses. As a matter of fact I'm in the process of starting a new business that involves the "delivery" of seafood (crabcakes:xf.wink:), and while I don't own the domain SeafoodDelivery.com when I noticed from GD;
    • Valuable keyword: delivery is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $2016.
btw, this won't mean anything to you but Nameworth values SeafoodDelivery.com at 105K. I wonder why that is? I now own the domain SeafoodDelivery.xxx and as an "end user" I can assure you that GD's valuation of the keyword "delivery" is meaningful to me(y)

•••
•••
Now back "on topic"......i've done some guest lecturing at a local university about intellectual property and domain names and i can assure you that very few "end users" have a clue about domain appraisals or valuations. However, most have heard of Go Daddy but never the likes of DAN, Afternic, Sedo, Epik or YOU!
It doesn't matter whether they do or not. Because if they're planning to buy a domain they'll do their due diligence and research it. They have no reason to trust the seller, because the seller isn't an impartial purveyor of information. In fact the seller's goal (to sell for the highest price) is antithetical to the buyer's goal (to acquire for the lowest price).

I happen to have started and yes NAMED dozens of businesses. As a matter of fact I'm in the process of starting a new business that involves the "delivery" of seafood (crabcakes:xf.wink:), and while I don't own the domain SeafoodDelivery.com when I noticed from GD;
    • Valuable keyword: delivery is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $2016.
btw, this won't mean anything to you but Nameworth values SeafoodDelivery.com at 105K. I wonder why that is? I now own the domain SeafoodDelivery.xxx and as an "end user" I can assure you that GD's valuation of the keyword "delivery" is meaningful to me(y)
Seafooddelivery.com is a good domain. Not a six-figure domain, as evidenced by the fact that it's listed on Afternic for under $10,000...

1706791397246.png

...but still a good domain.

Seafooddelivery.xxx on the other hand is worthless because it's just a .com-alternative among a thousands, and one with an extension that's associated with adult content and spam, and has a renewal fee of $77.73 / year.

Now, luckily you didn't actually register seafooddelivery.xxx. Because it's not in the Whois database and it's still available for registration.

1706792041824.png

Last edited:
•••
It doesn't matter whether they do or not. Because if they're planning to buy a domain they'll do their due diligence and research it. They have no reason to trust the seller, because the seller isn't an impartial purveyor of information. In fact the seller's goal (to sell for the highest price) is antithetical to the buyer's goal (to acquire for the lowest price).

Seafooddelivery.com is a good domain. Not a six-figure domain, as evidenced by the fact that it's listed on Afternic for under $10,000...

Show attachment 252164

...but still a good domain.

Seafooddelivery.xxx on the other hand is worthless because it's just a .com-alternative among a thousands, and one with an extension that's associated with adult content and spam, and has a renewal fee of $77.73 / year.

Now, luckily you didn't actually register seafooddelivery.xxx. Because it's not in the Whois database and it's still available for registration.

Show attachment 252165
"Now, luckily you didn't actually register seafooddelivery.xxx. Because it's not in the Whois database and it's still available for registration."

That shows how much you know.....check again mon frere. 80% of my business is based on an app not a com, now see if you can figure it out:xf.wink:

Besides, didn't i tell you i'm an "end user" as well as an domain investor. Are you saying that i shouldn't trust myself:ROFL:

btw, instead of xxx, i should have used SeafoodDelivery.???

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back