Dynadot

advice Bulk Forwarding Afternic Domains to Buy It Now Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
I decided to change it up and I recorded my first video for Zandibot. My video production skills need work, but if you guy love videos, I will continue learn more and provide you better production!

Today, I am covering the process I use to bulk forward all of my domain names to Afternic buy it now pages. This is a new approach for me in 2016 and I wanted to share the process with you as well.

Watch the whole video: Bulk Forwarding Your Domains to Afternic Buy It Now Pages

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for this Ali, will visitors to these pages show up in statistics anywhere, to keep track of number of uniques?

Have you had any success with this system since the thread started?

•••
Interested in results from those who used this for a while now.

•••
Interested in results from those who used this for a while now.
I made 3 low $xxx sales through this, buy mt I think just because I listed them on afternic, not because of the landers.

I am sure I wouldnt have made these sales if I didnt list them.

All three godaddy buyers so I assume the buyers jsut looked for the domains on godaddy and since they were fairly priced bought them.

No experience with high value domains

•••
I made 3 low $xxx sales through this, buy mt I think just because I listed them on afternic, not because of the landers.

I am sure I wouldnt have made these sales if I didnt list them.

All three godaddy buyers so I assume the buyers jsut looked for the domains on godaddy and since they were fairly priced bought them.

No experience with high value domains

how did you price your domains?

•••
how did you price your domains?

For the regged ones where i basically think any sale is good I put a floor of 75, bin of 100 and min offer of 50.

For other low valued ones and closeouts i punt min offer 100, floor 150 and bin 388 or 266.

For ones Insee potential in I put a min offer of 100, floor of 250 and bin of 688 or something. I possibly do outbound on those and say I can accept 499 outside afternic.

I dont think I have names worth more than 1k as i mostly reg or buy closeouts.

•••
Getting 404 not found randomly on my domains using this method.

one minute it works then it does not.

Also changing browser seems to kill it completely, in IE iotjava.com never works, but in firefox it does.

Is this method not reliable?

•••
•••
Ok, this is really weird.

It only works when I am logged into afternic.

Even forwarding only works when I am logged in.

Otherwise I get a 404 error on afternic.

•••
hireshield.com works, I just checked the status and hireshield is 'listed' where as most of the others are 'in review'.

I have logged a call with support as to why so many of my domains are in review and not listed.

When I am logged in everything works, which is why it did not make sense.

•••
iotjava is coming up as 404 page but hireshield is displaying properly. Not logged in
I have pointed a few names to their parking pages, but there is no for sale banner on them, but they are for sale and show up in goodaddy search. Still same 2 names pending as last week

•••
I used their support form 2 days ago and still no reply. Think they are closed at the weekend so I will await for good news soon.

•••
i swapped ns on about 30 names last night. Few are working, most say 403 Error - Forbidden
Forbidden.

Sedo is looking good again. ns1.afternic.com ns2.afternic.com pretty easy.
issue is at godaddy, rebel and namecheap reg names
Goodaddy ns i changed 7 days ago,

Hopefully we hear from them today, but holiday happy labor day eh
SolarPowers.ca is example

Last edited:
•••
I got some luck with Godaddy direct redirects, for names in the fast transfer program.

The problem is, I'm not quite sure if the redirect works all the time.

•••
Ended up deleted all my names and re-adding them. Now they are ok, only got about 30 pending now.

•••
Ended up deleted all my names and re-adding them. Now they are ok, only got about 30 pending now.

If a domain is under review, it will show 404 error.
its better to forward them to /forsale/DomainName

•••
This is from nameserver.io:

nameserver-io.png

Does this mean if you use their nameservers, it will only work up to 100 times per day?

•••
@Nat Hunt ,
thanks for your post! I didn't know the free version was limited to 100 per day! was using it for all my domains

•••
This is from nameserver.io:

Show attachment 58005

Does this mean if you use their nameservers, it will only work up to 100 times per day?
Is this new? I've been using their service for a while but never saw that they have a paid plan option or limitations to their basic (free) redirection service.

•••
@Arca , aren't you forwarding with above.com? How does that work? What's the best way that you've found to bulk forward domains via the nameserver level?

Edit:
Ah, I'm confusing you with @alcy.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Arca , aren't you forwarding with above.com? How does that work? What's the best way that you've found to bulk forward domains via the nameserver level?
You're probably confusing me with another user. I don't even have an above.com account, so I can't tell you how their forwarding system works.
I don't know. I just happened to go to http://nameserver.io/ yesterday and notice it. I hadn't been there in probably a year. Personally, I've never used them.
archive.org's latest crawl of the site was in late Dec 2016. The free redirect limitations and premium plans had not been added yet at that time, so it looks like this change has been introduced sometime this year.

•••

Edit:
Ah, I'm confusing you with @alcy.

Bodis rules

•••
I understand nameserver.io charging for the forwarding service via using nameservers, but what does Bodis or Above get out of it doing it for free?

•••
Bodis rules

I think @alcy is using Above to forward now. Maybe he can share why he switched from Bodis.

Also, regarding the 100 limit maybe @Zandibot has further info. He appears to still be using an.1.nameserver.io / an.2.nameserver.io which goes to the Afternic BIN page. I suppose any of us who wanted to forward to the Afternic BIN page could just do the same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back