Dynadot

advice Bulk Forwarding Afternic Domains to Buy It Now Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
I decided to change it up and I recorded my first video for Zandibot. My video production skills need work, but if you guy love videos, I will continue learn more and provide you better production!

Today, I am covering the process I use to bulk forward all of my domain names to Afternic buy it now pages. This is a new approach for me in 2016 and I wanted to share the process with you as well.

Watch the whole video: Bulk Forwarding Your Domains to Afternic Buy It Now Pages

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for me GoDaddy looks more trustworthy and friendly. GD is well known domain name company on the Internet.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/afternic-username.930044/
e.g. GD landing page
Show attachment 26694

its personal choice. to me havign phone# on afternic page is big plus. having option to display other domaisn on afternic page is also FOR ME a plus.

and I'm not even sure if you only lsit on afternic (then put it on prem network including GD), which I think was the goal of op of this thread, if then you can even still link to an actual GD Page. mayeb yes maybe no. not sure.

either way, everyone has their own preferences. and its fine that way. cheers.

•••
its personal choice. to me havign phone# on afternic page is big plus. having option to display other domaisn on afternic page is also FOR ME a plus.

and I'm not even sure if you only lsit on afternic (then put it on prem network including GD), which I think was the goal of op of this thread, if then you can even still link to an actual GD Page. mayeb yes maybe no. not sure.

either way, everyone has their own preferences. and its fine that way. cheers.

GD has phone support too. :)

and this
upload_2016-3-20_20-59-29.png

•••
GD has phone support too. :)

and this
Show attachment 26695

I really meant a phone number on main screen next to domain. :)

one that I myself would not have said does not exist, because I missed it and it was not obvious :)

so to me a phone hidden in options and links somewhere is not what I want.. but to each his own. its kinda bad once buyer starts clicking around on options and links really.. he can get away from yoru forsale lander and the sale forever!

as I Said before, I am also curious whether such a godaddy sale lander can be accessed for people who onyl list on afternic.. and then their doamins are auto sent to gd and other partners. I rpesume so. I just cannot confirm it. mayeb u can.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here's another landing page that includes phone number

Show attachment 26697

well yes but now we are back to the previous topic I was discussing with MAIN, that this is too crowded with other domaisn selelr does not own, below the main one.
which is again TO ME bad idea. I mean its one thing to show buyer 50 of your other domains when he lands on domainx.com, but show him 50 other domaisn that aren't even yours.. that to me is no good.

so its not for me.. but.. if it works for someone else or you, then Im alright with that. cheers.

•••
well yes but now we are back to the previous topic I was discussing with MAIN, that this is too crowded with other domaisn selelr does not own, below the main one.
which is again TO ME bad idea. I mean its one thing to show buyer 50 of your other domains when he lands on domainx.com, but show him 50 other domaisn that aren't even yours.. that to me is no good.
agreed

•••
as I Said before, I am also curious whether such a godaddy sale lander can be accessed for people who onyl list on afternic..

Yes it can be. That was the situation with the link I showed. It was for a name that I have in Afternic Premium.

•••
Thanks @Zandibot, this is exactly what I needed for my GD domains. Nice one!

•••
Thanks @Zandibot, this is exactly what I needed for my GD domains. Nice one!
I'm glad it helped! ;)

Make sure to use:
AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

for all your Afternic names, it's a shortcut and the one NS that's working across the board at all registrars, from what I'm told :)

•••
for me GoDaddy looks more trustworthy and friendly. GD is well known domain name company on the Internet.

e.g. GD landing page
Show attachment 26694
I agree. I liked Ali's post and info as usual, but I think people might feel more trust dealing with GD. It's basically the same exact setup as the afternic page and they charge just 10% I think? I might be wrong

That plus people might not want to sign up with afternic, just a thought

•••
I agree. I liked Ali's post and info as usual, but I think people might feel more trust dealing with GD. It's basically the same exact setup as the afternic page and they charge just 10% I think? I might be wrong

That plus people might not want to sign up with afternic, just a thought

yes you are wrong. its 20% like afternic

but I agree. some people prefer godady name than afternic

i personally like afternic big phone# on page. and link to other domains. not given to you at godaddy.

that coupled with the fact that its good to be on afternic premium netwok to get all the exposure on 100 parner sites..

so evebn if yuo point to gd landers, you still want to sign up on afternic and go premium to expose your dn

•••
so evebn if yuo point to gd landers, you still want to sign up on afternic and go premium to expose your dn

Exactly. Afternic gives you access to a large network, which is nice. I think the only logical solution would be to upload them to Afternic, and A/B test 100 or so similar domains 50 A, 50 B, and see which landers you have more success with.

I prefer the Afternic landers because it's the fastest solution. I don't have to wait for my domain name to show up at GoDaddy, that can take a bit. I rather just point it directly, and almost instantly to my Afternic sales page.

Is it the best way? I have no clue. Is it the easiest way? Yes, for me. Time will tell if it is a worthwhile venture, and I'll definitely speak on my experience when I have more data.

•••
well said... hey some people just have plenty success putting on dns landers. I hate dns landers.

anyway.. bottom line for meL afternic premium takes care of all your exposure.. including gd auctions etc.. so then u only have sedo + fluippa left.

so might as well put them on afternic landers.

but I may use bodis landers one day cause its free, and when they put makeoffer+buynow on same screen. this year they say.

its free. way faster loading than afternic etc.
nice looking too.
and u get google analutic stats there too

I just love the simplicity of bodis.. the speed.. its total portofolio managemnt solution really.. redirecting where you pelase with 1 click. 50 times a day if you want to.
I just hate changing all dns records on 10 registrars.

•••
I hate dns landers.
I think DNS is dead. FS listed his names on Afternic too.

BTW i still cant sign into my dns account

•••
I think DNS is dead. FS listed his names on Afternic too.

BTW i still cant sign into my dns account

WHAT?!!??!?!?

dns dead???

how when why who where

should I be getting stuff out of uniregistry?

•••
WHAT?!!??!?!?

dns dead???

how when why who where

should I be getting stuff out of uniregistry?
cuz I don't see any sales on DNS.

•••
cuz I don't see any sales on DNS.

ah ok
u mean no one buying your stuff thorugh dns landers.
I must have misread. sorry.

•••
A great vid. Fast, concise and informative. Cheers Ali!

•••
ah ok
u mean no one buying your stuff thorugh dns landers.
I must have misread. sorry.

On another note I brought a lot of my domains over from godaddy, to Unregistry, but now when I sell them the buyer requests them at godaddy so I have to move them back which is fine, but uniregistry does not have a express release feature on transfers. Have to wait 48 hours, which delayes release of escrow, and annoys buyers a bit. Very simple feature to integrate, until they bring something like this on, I have ceased all transfers over to uniregistry.

Reviewing some of my inquiries on dns I have noticed brokers recommend buyers hand register a domain at uniregistry if they are unwilling to buy the domain they came for on the landing page.

read more http://www.domaininvesting.com/new-landing-pages-uniregistry-market/

•••

tnx for taking time to put this together

I definitely don't have many doamisn at unireg but this will prevent me from havign more. in the end, all roads lead to godaddy. sometimes its just best to be where most people are. simple as that.

besides, can anyoen really beat 7.99+ican for transfers to gd, no ddc needed.. and a 8.4 total .com reg fee .. with dcc. not really.

I never liked dns sale landers.. now this silly new unireg lander/parked page makes things even worse.

thank god for bodies, their non greedy approach (the only one I know in parking industry) to letting domainers redirect to bodis sale lander or any url lander they want without going through parked pages at all.

I'll leave it at that
tnx

Last edited:
•••
Is there a way to know the number of visits for the domains in our portfolio? I don't see anything in that matter. It seems possible for parked pages only.

•••
Is there a way to know the number of visits for the domains in our portfolio? I don't see anything in that matter. It seems possible for parked pages only.

I don't believe so, but, I usually just download my Whois Searches - Current/Previous Period. That gives me a small idea of interest.

Then again, you could just hire a developer to create something custom for you ;)

•••
Yo, thanks to Mike at Park.io/Nameserver.io - the new nameservers should be working with most registrars. Just have to head back over to Nameserver.io and create a set of new ones.

•••
Thank you Mike and Ali for providing such a great and easy to use service. It was a big need.

Another alternative to Afternic BIN pages are Sedo landers: https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=vzzr.com&language=us&origin=parking

You can also add your Sedo Partner ID to your URLs and save 15% from Sedo's commission. In this way your total commision will be 12,75% when the buyer comes from the landing page.

URL with partner ID: https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?partnerid=319056&domain=vzzr.com&origin=parking

You just need to accept the terms to join the partnership program.

•••
What's the point of using nameserver.io when all registrars provide URL forwarding? It seems like an unnecessary step to take to forward a domain when you should know your registrar's control panel inside-and-out as this is where you basically keep your money. If you can update a nameserver, you surely can enable URL forwarding...

https://uniregistry.help/domains/how-do-i-forward-my-domain-name-to-another-url/
https://nz.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123
https://www.name.com/support/articles/205188658-Adding-URL-Forwarding
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/domain-forwarding

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back