NameSilo

advice Bulk Forwarding Afternic Domains to Buy It Now Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
I decided to change it up and I recorded my first video for Zandibot. My video production skills need work, but if you guy love videos, I will continue learn more and provide you better production!

Today, I am covering the process I use to bulk forward all of my domain names to Afternic buy it now pages. This is a new approach for me in 2016 and I wanted to share the process with you as well.

Watch the whole video: Bulk Forwarding Your Domains to Afternic Buy It Now Pages

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks for the tips!

the more ways we got to do things, the better.. options are good things.. so.. here is my method:

I set all my domains in all registrars to point to bodis dns.

then from bodis with 1 click and 1 second time I redirect to any sale lander I want.. directly, without going through bodis park page... thus, to reidrect to aftrnic sale lander it is url redirect to:

www.afternic.com/domain/{domain_name}

so I never have to touch registrar dns entries or redirects.. just all to bodis, then direct from there! works for me!

hope this serves well as 2nd option to some!

here is screenshot of how to use bodis to redirect url to afternic sale lander (without going through bodis parked ads page!):

htgrfhyrty.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Just be mindful that anything below 5k is @ 20% commission which is quite steep imo, so price your names accordingly to take in to account the rake on sales.

Copy and paste job from another post on NP.

$0-$5,000 >>> 20% ($15 minimum)
$5,000-$25,000 >>> $1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$25,000+ >>> $4,000 + 10% of amount over $25k

From my limited experience end users are more comfortable using marketplaces for transactions. I've had a number of sales that happened after I reached out to end users and they then made offers via marketplaces, they didn't even respond to my mail. Sure you could opt to ignore it but if a buyer is more comfortable using a marketplace such as afternic then I'd rather pay the commission and make a sale over risking annoying them because you ignored the offer. It depends how badly they want/need it and how good the name is.

Ye old adage, 80% something is better than 100% of nothing.

I here you, but for that 20%, I get more than just a landing page. I get their partner network. If someone types my domain name into the search box, it pops up with a buy it now. That kind of exposure is totally worth 20% to me. Just a cost of doing business. And, this is the smoothest/fastest approach I've found yet!

I did actually exactly that already in first half of 2014 with Afternic (+ network) over a span of 6-7 months and did find the sales conversion nothing to write home about (i think it was 4 low x,xxx sales out of ~400 domains, so exactly 1%)..

shortly after that testing period added all my domains to DNS and already got better results in just 3 months afterwards from inquiry to sales conversion via DNS make offer pages.. i remember someone else here on NP (a seasoned domainer) having tried exactly the same as me and also stating the same conclusion.. just saying..

ps: no outreach was done in both examples

Yea, don't get me wrong, DNS is epic. But for me, it takes me too much time. Plus, with this approach, I even get the make offer on my lander. Takes me less than a minute to setup a new domain name with this system.

But again, it's all about trial and error and finding out what works best.

@Zandibot

is that just a new strategy or a tested way to do it?
I know people who've had success with the approach. I'm just testing it out for myself this year.

•••
@David Walker Thanks for the info. is there any bulk forward in NameCheap??

In Godaddy is there any option for bulk forward to respective sales landers??
Nameserver.io looks good in that {{DOMAIN}} will carry the domain name that the user went to over to the "forward"; no other service I know of does this.

So, by creating one nameserver that forwards to http://www.your-domain-name-landing-page.com/?the_specific_domain=[B]{{DOMAIN}}[/B] it will forward example-domain1.com to http://www.your-domain-name-landing-page.com/?the_specific_domain=[B]example-domain1.com[/B]; example-domain2.com to http://www.your-domain-name-landing-page.com/?the_specific_domain=[B]example-domain2.com[/B]; and so on. Then, the nameservers can be updated in bulk as opposed to updating each forward address one by one.

I didn't understand this until it was pointed out to me by @DoumB21. I believed that I had to enter each domain into the {{DOMAIN}} example on nameserver.io's website when creating a new nameserver which would be an additional step beyond enabling URL forwarding if that were the case.

•••
I've never used the Bodis redirect - does the same thing? Or do you go to a parking page first, and then click a link to go to the Afternic sales page?

hi, I've been doing bodis redirect for very long time before seeing your method. and it worked fine for me.. but like all of us, domaining is constant improving and perfectioning so I am glad to read new options to everything all the time. in the end, we're all here to learn and make best of it all.

bodis is one of very few companies which alows direct redirect to url (any url, including afternic sale lander). allowing you to completely bypass parked page. voodoo does not let you do it.. nor parkcrew.. nor any other place I heard of. which is why I like bodis for this.

like most, I am no fan at all of switching dns all the time, having multiple registries for my domains.. so I just set all to bodis and then direct it from there through redirects etc. simple to do. they have nice interface. it literally takes 1 second to bulk switch all your domains to any sale lander url you want.
plus they have also their own sale lander.. which is make offer only now.. which is very nice. plus recently added escrow account to bodis, which mans you can also use their sale lander to set buynow, and buyer pays escrow.com

I asked them to combine in future their make offer lander with their buynow into one page. at which point I may very likely just stick to that (no commission fee) versus using afternic or other sale landers.

if you are interested in checking out the two builtinto bodis sale landers they are here just set it up for you as example:

makeoffer: www.69vr.club

escrow buynow: www.69virtual.club

I also want to point out that bodis is the only company I know of to let you use yoru google analytics tracking# for stats. meaning that if you redirect to afternic lander through bodis, you can still track it all via GA.

hope it helps anyone to make best choice for them.

•••
so evebn if yuo point to gd landers, you still want to sign up on afternic and go premium to expose your dn

Exactly. Afternic gives you access to a large network, which is nice. I think the only logical solution would be to upload them to Afternic, and A/B test 100 or so similar domains 50 A, 50 B, and see which landers you have more success with.

I prefer the Afternic landers because it's the fastest solution. I don't have to wait for my domain name to show up at GoDaddy, that can take a bit. I rather just point it directly, and almost instantly to my Afternic sales page.

Is it the best way? I have no clue. Is it the easiest way? Yes, for me. Time will tell if it is a worthwhile venture, and I'll definitely speak on my experience when I have more data.

•••
well said... hey some people just have plenty success putting on dns landers. I hate dns landers.

anyway.. bottom line for meL afternic premium takes care of all your exposure.. including gd auctions etc.. so then u only have sedo + fluippa left.

so might as well put them on afternic landers.

but I may use bodis landers one day cause its free, and when they put makeoffer+buynow on same screen. this year they say.

its free. way faster loading than afternic etc.
nice looking too.
and u get google analutic stats there too

I just love the simplicity of bodis.. the speed.. its total portofolio managemnt solution really.. redirecting where you pelase with 1 click. 50 times a day if you want to.
I just hate changing all dns records on 10 registrars.

•••
This is from nameserver.io:

nameserver-io.png

Does this mean if you use their nameservers, it will only work up to 100 times per day?

•••
That transformers logo intro is AWESOME!

Just bookmarked Namerserver.io, great info, and the video is very good. Definitely will want to see another one soon.

Last edited:
•••
Please let me clear. I have domains in Godaddy, namesilo , namecheap and Moniker.
All of these domains, i would like to forward to Afternic Sales Landers.

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

will these nameservers forward to AN sales landers, if i change at Godaddy, NS, NC,MOniker???
Yessir!

With those, it shouldn't matter where the domains are. It works for me at GoDaddy and Uniregistry seamlessly and I believe at NameCheap as well. other places not tested yet.

Those nameservers will forward ALL of your domains to their specific Buy It Now sales lander at Afternic. Correct.

Until other registrars "fix" the issue (which I believe is that they aren't recognizing the long nameservers, even though some registrars (ahem.. Uniregistry) do recognize them.

So if you are 100% at Afternic, doesn't matter which registrar, use these:

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

•••
I tested it Ali. It worked with Namesilo. Not with NameCheap.
It should be works at any registrars that offer nameserver changes (I think all of them are allows you to do so), please note that it takes 24-48 hours for a new changes to propagate in your computer/device after you changed the nameservers. Try with open the domain on another device.

Edit: You can also clear the DNS cache on your computer if you don't want to wait for 24 hours, Windows: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache, OSX: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516

•••
Thanks, Ali.

I have been wondering if the best sell-through rate might occur from simply forwarding to the GoDaddy "Yes! Your Domain Is Available" page: https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?checkAvail=1&domainToCheck=edeom.com since the average person is already familiar with GoDaddy.

On a different note, I know that the Afternic guys advise forwarding to this page: http://www.edeom.com rather than the BIN one. They claim conversion is higher without displaying the BIN on the lander.

While people know about and trust GoDaddy, that particular page that you linked to has too many alternative domains right below your domain.

•••
as I Said before, I am also curious whether such a godaddy sale lander can be accessed for people who onyl list on afternic..

Yes it can be. That was the situation with the link I showed. It was for a name that I have in Afternic Premium.

•••
What's the point of using nameserver.io when all registrars provide URL forwarding? It seems like an unnecessary step to take to forward a domain when you should know your registrar's control panel inside-and-out as this is where you basically keep your money. If you can update a nameserver, you surely can enable URL forwarding...

https://uniregistry.help/domains/how-do-i-forward-my-domain-name-to-another-url/
https://nz.godaddy.com/help/forward-a-domain-12123
https://www.name.com/support/articles/205188658-Adding-URL-Forwarding
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/domain-forwarding

Do they accept : {DOMAIN} string in URL Forwarding?

Because changing nameservers in bulk is easy.
If you can't forward to a link with the {DOMAIN} parameter, it takes much more time to do it one-by-one with the accurate link.

•••
You used to tout Bodis. What led you to change your preference?

we do best we can with what we know and have.. at any given time
its just called evolution :)

I've simply never used anything better than above.com for these things.
and you will know exactly why I say it after you try it :)

you just set all yoru domains on all registrars once.. to above.com DNS.. and leave it there forever.. and control all your park companies or url redirects from there... with couple clicks...

it was designed (partly) for this.. bodis is just a parking company.. with a url redirect without going through parked ads option.

who knows.. maybe one day I evolve more and find better than above.com
I doubt it. but I can't say it won't happen. I can just say it hasn't happened yet :)

hope this helps

enjoy.

Last edited:
•••
Its not working with Namecheap , Namesilo.
when will it be fixed??

Not sure if GoDaddy is allowing the NS yet either.

BUT, if you use Afternic, you can use these shortcut nameservers:

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

•••
While people know about and trust GoDaddy, that particular page that you linked to has too many alternative domains right below your domain.

I agree. afternic would be better than GD here.

•••
Here's another landing page that includes phone number

Show attachment 26697

well yes but now we are back to the previous topic I was discussing with MAIN, that this is too crowded with other domaisn selelr does not own, below the main one.
which is again TO ME bad idea. I mean its one thing to show buyer 50 of your other domains when he lands on domainx.com, but show him 50 other domaisn that aren't even yours.. that to me is no good.

so its not for me.. but.. if it works for someone else or you, then Im alright with that. cheers.

•••
Thanks @Zandibot, this is exactly what I needed for my GD domains. Nice one!
I'm glad it helped! ;)

Make sure to use:
AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

for all your Afternic names, it's a shortcut and the one NS that's working across the board at all registrars, from what I'm told :)

•••
Thank you Mike and Ali for providing such a great and easy to use service. It was a big need.

Another alternative to Afternic BIN pages are Sedo landers: https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=vzzr.com&language=us&origin=parking

You can also add your Sedo Partner ID to your URLs and save 15% from Sedo's commission. In this way your total commision will be 12,75% when the buyer comes from the landing page.

URL with partner ID: https://sedo.com/search/details.php4?partnerid=319056&domain=vzzr.com&origin=parking

You just need to accept the terms to join the partnership program.

•••
From BODIS I also suppose it is possible to track the traffic from their interface.

nope that's a technical impossibility. for any place.
if you do not land on their sale lander, and just bypass their site to go elsewhere, they cannot track it. I already asked.

however, th egood news is.. bodis is the only park company around that lets you input your google analytic tracking# into their options.. so u get stats that way.
it's new feature.

I just point all my rgistrars dns to bodis once.. and leave it there forever. then control all traffic from there.. with one click, in 1 second, and with mega simple fast and friendly UI. gotta love bodis
cheer
s

•••
There are so many important questions and issues being raised in this thread.

Ali and Mike thanks so much for this NameServers.io - absolutely awesome.

If I were a big domain company I would read this thread. We have to now simply get the data that tells us which platform converts the best for landers.

Interesting that parking is now just now routinely overlooked.

The problem with testing and say "Lean Domaining" is ... say aDomainName.com sells. Chalk success. How do we know the same name would not have sold on other possible platforms if it were on it at that time?

•••
@Arca , aren't you forwarding with above.com? How does that work? What's the best way that you've found to bulk forward domains via the nameserver level?

Edit:
Ah, I'm confusing you with @alcy.

Bodis rules

•••
Zandibot,Thanks for the information.Truly appreciated

•••
Just be mindful that anything below 5k is @ 20% commission which is quite steep imo, so price your names accordingly to take in to account the rake on sales.

Copy and paste job from another post on NP.

$0-$5,000 >>> 20% ($15 minimum)
$5,000-$25,000 >>> $1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$25,000+ >>> $4,000 + 10% of amount over $25k

From my limited experience end users are more comfortable using marketplaces for transactions. I've had a number of sales that happened after I reached out to end users and they then made offers via marketplaces, they didn't even respond to my mail. Sure you could opt to ignore it but if a buyer is more comfortable using a marketplace such as afternic then I'd rather pay the commission and make a sale over risking annoying them because you ignored the offer. It depends how badly they want/need it and how good the name is.

Ye old adage, 80% something is better than 100% of nothing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back