Dynadot

advice Bulk Forwarding Afternic Domains to Buy It Now Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
I decided to change it up and I recorded my first video for Zandibot. My video production skills need work, but if you guy love videos, I will continue learn more and provide you better production!

Today, I am covering the process I use to bulk forward all of my domain names to Afternic buy it now pages. This is a new approach for me in 2016 and I wanted to share the process with you as well.

Watch the whole video: Bulk Forwarding Your Domains to Afternic Buy It Now Pages

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That transformers logo intro is AWESOME!

Just bookmarked Namerserver.io, great info, and the video is very good. Definitely will want to see another one soon.

Last edited:
•••
That transformers logo intro is AWESOME!

Just bookmarked Namerserver.io, great info, and the video is very good. Definitely will want to see another one soon.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

•••
Zandibot,Thanks for the information.Truly appreciated

•••
thanks for the tips!

the more ways we got to do things, the better.. options are good things.. so.. here is my method:

I set all my domains in all registrars to point to bodis dns.

then from bodis with 1 click and 1 second time I redirect to any sale lander I want.. directly, without going through bodis park page... thus, to reidrect to aftrnic sale lander it is url redirect to:

www.afternic.com/domain/{domain_name}

so I never have to touch registrar dns entries or redirects.. just all to bodis, then direct from there! works for me!

hope this serves well as 2nd option to some!

here is screenshot of how to use bodis to redirect url to afternic sale lander (without going through bodis parked ads page!):

htgrfhyrty.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the video. It looked great. What did you use to make the intro? That looked awesome.

•••
Just be mindful that anything below 5k is @ 20% commission which is quite steep imo, so price your names accordingly to take in to account the rake on sales.

Copy and paste job from another post on NP.

$0-$5,000 >>> 20% ($15 minimum)
$5,000-$25,000 >>> $1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$25,000+ >>> $4,000 + 10% of amount over $25k

From my limited experience end users are more comfortable using marketplaces for transactions. I've had a number of sales that happened after I reached out to end users and they then made offers via marketplaces, they didn't even respond to my mail. Sure you could opt to ignore it but if a buyer is more comfortable using a marketplace such as afternic then I'd rather pay the commission and make a sale over risking annoying them because you ignored the offer. It depends how badly they want/need it and how good the name is.

Ye old adage, 80% something is better than 100% of nothing.

•••
I did actually exactly that already in first half of 2014 with Afternic (+ network) over a span of 6-7 months and did find the sales conversion nothing to write home about (i think it was 4 low x,xxx sales out of ~400 domains, so exactly 1%)..

shortly after that testing period added all my domains to DNS and already got better results in just 3 months afterwards from inquiry to sales conversion via DNS make offer pages.. i remember someone else here on NP (a seasoned domainer) having tried exactly the same as me and also stating the same conclusion.. just saying..

ps: no outreach was done in both examples

•••
@Zandibot

is that just a new strategy or a tested way to do it?

•••
Excellent Post ali @Zandibot . We were after afternic for those Sales Landers.
You just gave us another solution.

Thanks a lot

•••
I did actually exactly that already in first half of 2014 with Afternic (+ network) over a span of 6-7 months and did find the sales conversion nothing to write home about (i think it was 4 low x,xxx sales out of ~400 domains, so exactly 1%)..

shortly after that testing period added all my domains to DNS and already got better results in just 3 months afterwards from inquiry to sales conversion via DNS make offer pages.. i remember someone else here on NP (a seasoned domainer) having tried exactly the same as me and also stating the same conclusion.. just saying..

dns sale landers are way more complicated than afternic.. for no particular reason. for the potential buyer.

•••
Just be mindful that anything below 5k is @ 20% commission which is quite steep imo, so price your names accordingly to take in to account the rake on sales.

Copy and paste job from another post on NP.

$0-$5,000 >>> 20% ($15 minimum)
$5,000-$25,000 >>> $1,000 +15% of amount over $5k
$25,000+ >>> $4,000 + 10% of amount over $25k

From my limited experience end users are more comfortable using marketplaces for transactions. I've had a number of sales that happened after I reached out to end users and they then made offers via marketplaces, they didn't even respond to my mail. Sure you could opt to ignore it but if a buyer is more comfortable using a marketplace such as afternic then I'd rather pay the commission and make a sale over risking annoying them because you ignored the offer. It depends how badly they want/need it and how good the name is.

Ye old adage, 80% something is better than 100% of nothing.

I here you, but for that 20%, I get more than just a landing page. I get their partner network. If someone types my domain name into the search box, it pops up with a buy it now. That kind of exposure is totally worth 20% to me. Just a cost of doing business. And, this is the smoothest/fastest approach I've found yet!

Yea, don't get me wrong, DNS is epic. But for me, it takes me too much time. Plus, with this approach, I even get the make offer on my lander. Takes me less than a minute to setup a new domain name with this system.

But again, it's all about trial and error and finding out what works best.

@Zandibot

is that just a new strategy or a tested way to do it?
I know people who've had success with the approach. I'm just testing it out for myself this year.

•••
I here you, but for that 20%, I get more than just a landing page. I get their partner network. If someone types my domain name into the search box, it pops up with a buy it now. That kind of exposure is totally worth 20% to me. Just a cost of doing business. And, this is the smoothest/fastest approach I've found yet!

Yea, don't get me wrong, DNS is epic. But for me, it takes me too much time. Plus, with this approach, I even get the make offer on my lander. Takes me less than a minute to setup a new domain name with this system.

But again, it's all about trial and error and finding out what works best.

I know people who've had success with the approach. I'm just testing it out for myself this year.

and do not forget afternic gives you link to your other domains too on sale lander! ;)

•••
dns sale landers are way more complicated than afternic.. for no particular reason. for the potential buyer.
i hate domainnamesales popunder O_o that is why I disable domain fwd to DNS

upload_2016-3-18_20-5-40.png

•••
I like the idea of forwarding to Afternic domain page for more marketing exposure and also users can find link to other domains in your portfolio.

•••
Its not working with Namecheap , Namesilo.
when will it be fixed??

•••
Its not working with Namecheap , Namesilo.
when will it be fixed??

Not sure if GoDaddy is allowing the NS yet either.

BUT, if you use Afternic, you can use these shortcut nameservers:

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

•••
I saw your video. You type something in Destination URL, It gave some URL redirect.

what about that ? I am sorry, i did not get it clear.

•••
Please let me clear. I have domains in Godaddy, namesilo , namecheap and Moniker.
All of these domains, i would like to forward to Afternic Sales Landers.

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

will these nameservers forward to AN sales landers, if i change at Godaddy, NS, NC,MOniker???

•••
Please let me clear. I have domains in Godaddy, namesilo , namecheap and Moniker.
All of these domains, i would like to forward to Afternic Sales Landers.

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

will these nameservers forward to AN sales landers, if i change at Godaddy, NS, NC,MOniker???
Yessir!

With those, it shouldn't matter where the domains are. It works for me at GoDaddy and Uniregistry seamlessly and I believe at NameCheap as well. other places not tested yet.

Those nameservers will forward ALL of your domains to their specific Buy It Now sales lander at Afternic. Correct.

Until other registrars "fix" the issue (which I believe is that they aren't recognizing the long nameservers, even though some registrars (ahem.. Uniregistry) do recognize them.

So if you are 100% at Afternic, doesn't matter which registrar, use these:

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

•••
I was looking into this today. I just uploaded a bunch of domains to my Afternic portfolio.

In their bulk template file, if I put my cursor of the header "Listing Status Required", it says "maximum $25,000". Not that I have domains worth that much, but is that limit true or we can put a higher price?

It seems very low for people having great domains.

•••
I was looking into this today. I just uploaded a bunch of domains to my Afternic portfolio.

In their bulk template file, if I put my cursor of the header "Listing Status Required", it says "maximum $25,000". Not that I have domains worth that much, but is that limit true or we can put a higher price?

It seems very low for people having great domains.

Max limit for fast transfer, you can price above no problem.

•••
Yessir!

With those, it shouldn't matter where the domains are. It works for me at GoDaddy and Uniregistry seamlessly and I believe at NameCheap as well. other places not tested yet.

Those nameservers will forward ALL of your domains to their specific Buy It Now sales lander at Afternic. Correct.

Until other registrars "fix" the issue (which I believe is that they aren't recognizing the long nameservers, even though some registrars (ahem.. Uniregistry) do recognize them.

So if you are 100% at Afternic, doesn't matter which registrar, use these:

AN.1.NAMESERVER.IO
AN.2.NAMESERVER.IO

Thanks.
I tested it Ali. It worked with Namesilo. Not with NameCheap.

•••
I tested it Ali. It worked with Namesilo. Not with NameCheap.
It should be works at any registrars that offer nameserver changes (I think all of them are allows you to do so), please note that it takes 24-48 hours for a new changes to propagate in your computer/device after you changed the nameservers. Try with open the domain on another device.

Edit: You can also clear the DNS cache on your computer if you don't want to wait for 24 hours, Windows: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache, OSX: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516

•••
It should be works at any registrars that offer nameserver changes (I think all of them are allows you to do so), please note that it takes 24-48 hours for a new changes to propagate in your computer/device after you changed the nameservers. Try with open the domain on another device.

Edit: You can also clear the DNS cache on your computer if you don't want to wait for 24 hours, Windows: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache, OSX: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202516

Yes, its working..lol
Thank you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back