Dynadot

question What is your biggest mistake in Domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello Guys
As in title.
For me, It is the investing in 5L.com Chips.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buying domains without putting any real thoughts into their brandability, and who they would appeal to. Anyone can buy domains but to be successful requires research and some thought..

•••
Hoping that's soon! I currently have a few nice 5L.com domains in my list.

I don't think it will be soon, I'm just pointing out that it will eventually happen.
It's like in stock trading, you have high risk investments(expensive new TLDs, for example) and low risk(such as good, quality 5L chip/western premium kings). It's low risk, because it isn't likely to drop in value, and when they are all gone, it's very probable their base value will rise continuously.

Last edited:
•••
Because their value now:
Gone with the Wind

I would not be so pessimistic:
http://domainpayout.com/5lcom/5lcomchips.php

upload_2016-8-10_14-22-53.png

•••
There is a few but biggest one is - I have reg. more than 3k domains with 1und1. Total lost something about 9k EUR.

•••
•••
•••
mistake is that I should have started earlier

•••
Late 1990s, buying many EMDs in a niche marketplace and, over valuing their marketplace value ; rejecting $$$$ purchase offers while holding out for never - to - materialize $$$$$ offers.

•••
•••
- biding and winning auctions with empty pockets.

- registering absolute crap names.

•••
•••
a) selling off my 4L .com's and 3 char .com's too cheaply
b) EVER EVER EVER buying any extension outside of com/net/org or cctld's. unbelievable waste of money.
c) not quitting when i was waaaaay ahead. :)

•••
•••
•••
I did not do any major mistakes that cost me a lot of money but I guess I should not have let myself try the 5L, 6N and even 7N (yeah!!) rush for big buck!!
In total that represents around 125 domains, $1,000 down the drain.

•••
My biggest mistake is letting names go to auction with too low a price hoping the auction attention would jack up the price, now I wont let a name go to auction unless the price starts at the minimum I would be willing to sell it for.

•••
selling all my 300+ 5'ns before they skyrocketed :/

•••
investing in 6N.com

Ahhh, what's wrong with 6N.com domains?

I have a few of these in my domain list as well, haha.

•••
- hand reg. crappy names
- dot mobi
- dot me

•••
Buying domain at auction at high price which has one end user target, they had every other extension except .com and after contacting them they asked for the price and it's been 1 year they never turned up even after regular follow ups ..and it's now renewL time .

Moral of the story never invest big depending upon 1 end user ..buy names which h has minimum 25 to 30 endusers

Last edited:
•••
•••
Buying domain at auction at high price which has one end user target, they had every other extension except .com and after contacting them they asked for the price and it's been 1 year they never turned up even after regular follow ups ..and it's now renewL time .

Moral of the story never invest big depending upon 1 end user ..buy names which h has minimum 25 to 30 endusers

This.

I've made this mistake plenty of times. Live and learn

•••
Relying too much on Sedo's estimations :$::$::-o:$::$:

•••
•••
not doing the proper research needed to be successful in acquiring and selling domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back