NameSilo

information Paul Nicks basically told everyone DAN is going away, many don’t seem to believe it

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains.com
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I have a couple friends who I chat with regularly that when I write a long article and ask them what they think? It’s always, “Oh great article dude” and when it’s a long article 1500 to 2500 words I know they did not read it all. They liked the headline and the opening few […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic is missing so many features that Dan has. They need to implement it before shutting it down.

•••
They need to implement it before shutting it down.

... that ain't gonna happen and there are reasons to not (blockchain)

Regards

•••
so what if paulsaid it.. never gave timelines.. u talk like there is no difference between something happening this year or in 10 years... well there is cause in 10yrs many ofus will be dead

•••
Afternic is missing so many features that Dan has. They need to implement it before shutting it down.
well technically they can do it after too hehehe

•••
Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy acquired all those domain markets, just to leave the worst one alive. Great job

•••
•••
Think I might give Sedo landers a try. Seems to be a lot of bad press around GD and it's companies lately.

•••
•••
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
No need to tell PN ( or GD ) or he say what me say here when GD acquire DAN
Of course will be shot down they do with Uniregistry in aprox 5-6 years
DAN maybe will stay next year but for sure in 2026 not unless some investors will buy it for $100 mil. to $200 mil 🤷

Last edited:
•••
If people make decisions that hurt the company, you can always fire them. I always felt listening to your customers is a smart and obvious type thing, some people think they know better and want to do things on their own.

Last edited:
•••
Sad Inside Out GIF

•••
NoDaddy!
UnDeveloped to DAN best rebrand of all time.

•••
•••
Bought to close. Nothing new.
This is what I was thinking too. There's no point in running multiple aftermarket platforms.

That said, GoDaddy's acquisition of Dan should've been in violation of antitrust law.

•••
Think I might give Sedo landers a try. Seems to be a lot of bad press around GD and it's companies lately.
Sedo has been completely dead for me since forever. Same for Dan, good customer service, but zero action..
Nothing at all on Sedo, except a couple views each month..
Without AN, I would have been out of business..
If you never had any luck on Sedo, stick to AN 3&4.
You can get enquiries and decide which names to renew or not.
That doesn't guarantee there will be a sale, but it's something..

Last edited:
•••
I don't know who pulls the strings on decisions like this but it would be an unforgiving mistake.

Integrating dan into AN will bring more power to sedo. Sad fact, dan is the superior venue, by far.

Once the bar is lowered and integrated into AN, why settle for something far less sophisticated than sedo?

Sure, AN has an astonishing reach. Yet they definitely don't get the ( entire) market.

They focus too much on their niche... Which is the west... .com...

Times are changing. Competition is closing in.

•••
The intentions of individual Afternic employees are probably fine.

However, it remains puzzling to me why it was not decided to simply rename the DAN.com platform to Afternic and further improve it.

We're now quite some time post-acquisition, and new features are only being added to Afternic at a snail's pace.

Overall there has been progress, but the Afternic dashboard still remains difficult to work with. There are also often annoying bugs that take far too long to be resolved.

Because Afternic has a huge reach with its partner network, it still has an important advantage, allowing it to get away with the little real innovation in the field.

But consider the missed opportunities. Not just for Sellers, but also for Afternic and GoDaddy as a company. So much more beautiful things (and revenue) could have been possible.

•••
All I know is I can't recall even 1 domainer saying:

Kill 7 day auctions, Make Offer etc, part of GD auctions. Many domainers including myself would get sales from that. So that's not a positive thing for domainers.

Don't remember even 1 domainer saying kill off Dan, merge it into Afternic. I haven't seen this stuff go smoothly in the past. Many of course knew they were going to do this. Buy something like Dan and try to incorporate it into what they have already.

So how are those 2 decisions good for domainers? How is killing sales and killing smooth running platforms a good thing?

Last edited:
•••
if they were smArt they would merge afternic into dan. an is full of bugs and their ui is countless lightyea behind Dan's.

•••
if they were smArt they would merge afternic into dan. an is full of bugs and their ui is countless lightyea behind Dan's.
That would be disastrous for domainers. If an end user can filter the results of a search, then high end expensive names won't be in demand, as the end user would have way too many cheaper options to choose from.
GD search offers alternatives, but they are usually worse versions of your premium domain.
The Dan UI is great for domainers, but terrible for sales to end users.
That's also one of Sedo basic problems for domainers, their search options offer too many options to end users.

Last edited:
•••
That would be disastrous for domainers. If an end user can filter the results of a search, then high end expensive names won't be in demand, as the end user will have way too many cheaper options to choose from.
The Dan UI is great for domainers, but terrible for sales to end users.

merging means keeping best parts. nothing stops gd from adding afternic sales network to dan... same full integration... not the halfbreed network dan has now. which is standard not premium

so u get dan pay and payout and ui... but also the super afternic network...win win

•••
GD acquired Dan with the sole purpose of destroying it, I have always thought this. I'm starting to reevaluate Sedo after years of focusing on Dan.

Last edited:
•••
GD acquired Dan with the sole purpose of destroying it, I have always thought this. I'm starting to reevaluate Sedo after years of focusing on Dan.

I dont know i will find my comment when i say this at the moment GD acquire DAN was aprox in period when Uniregistry was closed & i say this will happen the same with DAN

Also i say Dynadot will be next in line to.be acquire by GD or Namecheap or Domain.com ,.anyway one of this 3 with Dynadot in pole

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back