NameSilo

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Travel.agency can be compared to TravelAgency.com but also to Travel.com as the domain keyword is TRAVEL (AGENCY is the extention). In our opinion this domain is less valuable than "Travel.com" but more valuable than "TravelAgency.com" as it is shorther and only one word domain name. Estibot valuation for TravelAgency.com is $290,000 USD so Travel.agency may be worth more than that ... the problem is, people need time to see value in "NEW" oportunities ...:)
(many years ago when the domain KING bought S_X.com for $47K everybody tought he was crazy; last year when he sold it for $8,888,888.88 USD everybody thought it was a crazy sale ;))
My mistake guys, sorry ... I was talking about P_ _ _ O.com ; bought for $47K and sold for $8,888,888.88 USD by domain King :-, I don´t know why I wrote S_X.com :?:

•••
I can only share the variation of how people use terms, of course I do know what a travel agency is, but in Australia I suggest the term Travel Agent may be the more common, however we would say Advertising Agency over Agent ,,,, different strokes different folks. Some terms/words do not crossover as well. I would never have a "centre" domain name because depending on where you are it can mean "middle" It did make me wonder why the renewal cost was not listed in the initial auction listing. That cannot help the New Gtld cause in my view. Perhaps this will be the one that gets developed and alerts the critical mass to the new Gtld's?

Some terms/words do not crossover as well. Good point.

I agree the up charge on renewal fees doesn't help nTld's. I think the registrars are wrong about this. I look forward to stats on renewals for these types.
.com fees came down over time.

•••
Travel.Agency, no doubt a name to be cherished, a name to be hold, till it gets its real value, that is above fifty thousand dollars.
Good Luck to the new owner of this apt domain name.

•••
As opposed to reaching out to everyone individually, I chose to create a no reserve auction, and invite all of the potential buyers to it. If the auction was made public enough, then anyone who would find interest in it, could appreciate the opportunity to acquire it. And being that it is a no-reserve auction, they know it's not a waste of their time.
Inviting end users to auction is a great idea to demonstrate interest and value "without having to explain". I would have liked to see it at a "higher end" auction platform. Each auction platform has it's strengths point of view. Still hoping to see Flippa + Travel.Agency as the top sale for the month !
Cheers

•••
In your opinion ...

We are on BrandClub.com as we could not register/acquire Brand.club ;)

TravelAgency.com is a 2 words domain name.
Travel.agency
is a 1 word domain name and is 3 characteres shorter !
Travel.agency can be compared to TravelAgency.com but also to Travel.com ...
Not so valuable as Travel.com but definitelly more valuable than TravelAgency.com :)
oh dear if you think travel.agency is worth more than travelagency.com, just because it is three characters shorter. No one says Travel DOT Agency it is natural to say travel agency and therefore in its basic form it is a hack. Then there are many reasons why an Established TLD will always be worth more than a new gTLD for the same term, UNLESS IT BECOMES ESTABLISHED which is looking less likely ever day

•••
No one says Travel DOT Agency it is natural to say travel agency and therefore in its basic form it is a hack.

I disagree PO.ST is a hack but popular I must say! :xf.confused:

•••
oh dear if you think travel.agency is worth more than travelagency.com, just because it is three characters shorter. No one says Travel DOT Agency it is natural to say travel agency and therefore in its basic form it is a hack. Then there are many reasons why an Established TLD will always be worth more than a new gTLD for the same term, UNLESS IT BECOMES ESTABLISHED which is looking less likely ever day

just because, and therefore, will always be, poetic ;)

Everything in life and business has a cycle including .com. Add to that, there just isn't enough inventory.
1 reg for every 10 humans, in 20 years. ( 900 million) We are at 300 million. That is conservative if one considers corps that are now holding portfolios of thousands each.+ the hundreds of thousands of start-ups each year.+ the entire globe now has access. Never before in the history of mankind.
Now that there is overwhelming inventory, shortest, relevant, category kings reign and in some cases it
would be .com and some not.

•••
You are the one who started this thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/day-1-of-the-implosion-n-gtlds-stop-renewing.923209/ so your opinion about New gTLDs is not worth ... you still need to learn a lot about them ;) and if you see Travel.agency as a HACK you first need to learn what a domain Hack is ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

Last edited:
•••
•••
I disagree PO.ST is a hack but popular I must say! :xf.confused:
thats settled then - no coming back from that insight. whats you view on the winning bid for agency.travel

•••
You are the one who started this thread: https://www.namepros.com/threads/day-1-of-the-implosion-n-gtlds-stop-renewing.923209/ so your opinion about New gTLDs is not worth ... you still need to learn a lot about them ;)
learning every day, especially about how judgements are made on emotions rather than logic. I have been accused of promoting gtlds on this thread and also using the thread to be negative. Must of got the balance just right.
I defer to your superior understanding, 'giving i got a lot to learn'. That certainly wins the argument

•••
learning every day, especially about how judgements are made on emotions rather than logic. I have been accused of promoting gtlds on this thread and also using the thread to be negative. Must of got the balance just right.
I defer to your superior understanding, 'giving i got a lot to learn'. That certainly wins the argument
Keep so. One day you will understand ... :)

•••
just because, and therefore, will always be, poetic ;)

Everything in life and business has a cycle including .com. Add to that, there just isn't enough inventory.
1 reg for every 10 humans, in 20 years. ( 900 million) We are at 300 million. That is conservative if one considers corps that are now holding portfolios of thousands each.+ the hundreds of thousands of start-ups each year.+ the entire globe now has access. Never before in the history of mankind.
Now that there is overwhelming inventory, shortest, relevant, category kings reign and in some cases it
would be .com and some not.
in todays market its still .com unless one of the new gtlds break out and thats starting to look unlikely. Of course there is a need to increase the namespace but the value of these new gTLDs are lower for the same term, until there is a breakout of public awareness. It hasn't happened yet, and it gets less likely as time goes on.

•••
thats settled then - no coming back from that insight. whats you view on the winning bid for agency.travel

Since you've asked me twice I'll predict 7K, only because of the high renewal. 7K reflects an investor purchase but if an end user finds the auction easily 10K or better. JMO

in todays market its still .com unless one of the new gtlds break out and thats starting to look unlikely.

Already a breakout, it's called .xyz.. ;)

•••
in todays market its still .com unless one of the new gtlds break out and thats starting to look unlikely. Of course there is a need to increase the namespace but the value of these new gTLDs are lower for the same term, until there is a breakout of public awareness. It hasn't happened yet, and it gets less likely as time goes on.
This is not the right thread to discuss this, but I don´t understand why you are so NEGATIVE regarding New gTLDs ??? I know, not everything is positive about them, maybe some will fail but there will be some successful as well. The point is that for domain investors, the New gTLDs bring NEW OPPORTUNITIES so up to you to cash on them or sit and watch how others are doing it !!!
I like .COM but things are changing, internet is changing and what is today may not be tomorrow ... so be "SMART" ;)
New gTLDs are only 2 years old and we have a large list of 5 & 6 figures sales; yes I know most where done by registries but that´s not the point: a sale means that out there are end-users willing to pay 6 figures for a New gTLD domain name. It´s true that registries act as domainers, they hold back the best keywords and those they release they label as PREMIUM and ask for astronomic renewal fees; that´s the bad side of this business model, but there still opportunities out there.
"Dui.attorney" was sold for $100K by a private person. "Transfer.money" was registered and sold within 2 months for $90K by a private investor and outher sales have been made by domainers as well, so this is just the begining of this new era. New gTLDs allow to create new catchy BRANDs and the new generations will embrace them, you´ll see. Just take a look at this sales (courtesy of SOLD.domains):

Domain Name Price Date Venue

88.xin
180000 USD 2015-11-19 Registry Sale
9.xyz
175166 USD 2015-12-21 west.cn
tube.webcam
175000 USD 2014-06-09 Hunting Moon/Sedo
Wine.Club
140000 USD 2015-01-13 NamesCon 2015/RightOfTheDot
6.xyz 125000 USD 2015-11-22 FindYourDomain
3d.software
100001 USD 2015-05-08 Rightside
dui.attorney
100001 USD 2015-06-01 Private
Undisclosed
100000 USD 2014-12-31 Sedo
Coffee.Club 100000 USD 2014-11-01 TRAFFIC MIAMI 2014
Vegas.Club
100000 USD 2015-01-13 Right Of The Dot
Autism.Rocks
100000 USD 2015-06-18 Sedo
net.work 100000 USD 2015-06-16 Mind + Machines
6.top
93600 USD 2015-12-09 Jiangsu Bangning
M.top
Transfer.Money
90000 USD 2015-06-17 Private
8.xyz 81741 USD 2015-09-10 4.cn
8.top
79000 USD 2015-10-18 Jiangsu Bangning
Y.top
78500 USD 2015-09-06 Jiangsu Bangning
88.xyz
70000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon 2016/RightOfTheDot
stock.photo / stock.photos
60000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon 2016

Remember: "A domain is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it"

Last edited:
•••

until there is a breakout of public awareness. YES!
It took .com 10 years to create a value market. Internet awareness, partial connectivity.
.new 5 years. Connected demand, global connectivity.
Money is made on the buy, not after the demand emerges. Start now ;)
Cheers

•••
until there is a breakout of public awareness. YES!
It took .com 10 years to create a value market. Internet awareness, partial connectivity.
.new 5 years. Connected demand, global connectivity.
Money is made on the buy, not after the demand emerges. Start now ;)
Cheers
yes the bet is on breakout public awareness and Im betting this will not happen because majority of businesses are shunning them as there is no compelling reason to use them. But yes if you feel there will be a breakout then nows the time to buy. But remember money is also lost on the buy, rather silly quote Money is made on the buy.

•••
Since you've asked me twice I'll predict 7K, only because of the high renewal. 7K reflects an investor purchase but if an end user finds the auction easily 10K or better. JMO

Already a breakout, it's called .xyz.. ;)
Thanks we think the same at $7k. Ridiculous to say .xyz has had breakout awareness, hardly worth the effort to type this

•••
This is not the right thread to discuss this, but I don´t understand why you are so NEGATIVE regarding New gTLDs ??? I know, not everything is positive about them, maybe some will fail but there will be some successful as well. The point is that for domain investors, the New gTLDs bring NEW OPPORTUNITIES so up to you to cash on them or sit and watch how others are doing it !!!
I like .COM but things are changing, internet is changing and what is today may not be tomorrow ... so be "SMART" ;)
New gTLDs are only 2 years old and we have a large list of 5 & 6 figures sales; yes I know most where done by registries but that´s not the point: a sale means that out there are end-users willing to pay 6 figures for a New gTLD domain name. It´s true that registries act as domainers, they hold back the best keywords and those they release they label as PREMIUM and ask for astronomic renewal fees; that´s the bad side of this business model, but there still opportunities out there.
"Dui.attorney" was sold for $100K by a private person. "Transfer.money" was registered and sold within 2 months for $90K by a private investor and outher sales have been made by domainers as well, so this is just the begining of this new era. New gTLDs allow to create new catchy BRANDs and the new generations will embrace them, you´ll see. Just take a look at this sales (courtesy of SOLD.domains):

Domain Name Price Date Venue

88.xin
180000 USD 2015-11-19 Registry Sale
9.xyz
175166 USD 2015-12-21 west.cn
tube.webcam
175000 USD 2014-06-09 Hunting Moon/Sedo
Wine.Club
140000 USD 2015-01-13 NamesCon 2015/RightOfTheDot
6.xyz 125000 USD 2015-11-22 FindYourDomain
3d.software
100001 USD 2015-05-08 Rightside
dui.attorney
100001 USD 2015-06-01 Private
Undisclosed
100000 USD 2014-12-31 Sedo
Coffee.Club 100000 USD 2014-11-01 TRAFFIC MIAMI 2014
Vegas.Club
100000 USD 2015-01-13 Right Of The Dot
Autism.Rocks
100000 USD 2015-06-18 Sedo
net.work 100000 USD 2015-06-16 Mind + Machines
6.top
M.top
Transfer.Money
90000 USD 2015-06-17 Private
8.xyz 81741 USD 2015-09-10 4.cn
8.top
79000 USD 2015-10-18 Jiangsu Bangning
Y.top
78500 USD 2015-09-06 Jiangsu Bangning
88.xyz
70000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon 2016/RightOfTheDot
stock.photo / stock.photos
60000 USD 2016-01-11 NamesCon 2016

Remember: "A domain is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it"
Ofcourse some people will get lucky and the deck is stacked in the registry's favour. Its that most domainers will lose money in this class. But I accept you are one of the exceptional few as you refer to wikipedia, and wikipedia is always right and always updated.

•••
yes the bet is on breakout public awareness and Im betting this will not happen because majority of businesses are shunning them as there is no compelling reason to use them. But yes if you feel there will be a breakout then nows the time to buy. But remember money is also lost on the buy, rather silly quote Money is made on the buy.
It looks like you are waiting for a GLOBAL BOOM of breakout public awareness in order to see any value on New gTLDs ... that helps but may never happen. There is no need to wait to see if a new gTLD becomes the new .COM ; You just have to pick up the opportunities you discover on each of them and cash on it :)
As today I talk to people that never heard about the .NET extension (which is 31 years old) and that doesn´t mean that there where no money made reselling .NET domains ...

•••
As today I talk to people that never heard about the .NET extension
your people need to get out more!
GLOBAL BOOM of breakout public awareness in order to see any value
Yep you need public awareness in order to see increases in value and its on a sliding scale, the greater percentage of public that are aware, the greater the value. Now we are at nearly zero public awareness.

•••
your people need to get out more!

Yep you need public awareness in order to see increases in value and its on a sliding scale, the greater percentage of public that are aware, the greater the value. Now we are at nearly no public awarness.
My "PEOPLE" are people from all around the world ... and you are right saying: "Now we are at nearly no public awarness" ... so we where 2 years after .COM launched ;)

•••
so we where 2 years after .COM launched
Crazy to compare to .com, it had no competition and the market was not mature. These new gTLDs have a mountain to climb and none of the registries want to do it because of the marketing cost.

•••
Crazy to compare to .com, it had no competition and the market was not mature. These new gTLDs have a mountain to climb and none of the registries want to do it because of the marketing cost.
Yes, is: "Crazy to compare to .com" something you are doing constantly :)

•••
so we where 2 years after .COM launched
difference is you are comparing it as an indicator of the future, giving no public awareness of .com after 2 years of launch. In that way its crazy to compare it to .com but then I got a lot to learn, so I will take it as lesson 2 today

lesson 2: there will be a direct correlation with the time it took for .com to gain public awareness and the new gTLDs. This is proven by both having no public awareness 2 years in.
Learning fast ah.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back