Domain Empire

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"please.do.not.disturb.me" does not suffer any change of transformation on itself either... Neither does Disturb.me. It was registered as "Disturb me", not "Disturb" that happened to be on .me

Now, if Travel.Agency ignores "Agency parts" and is just regular travel site, just like Travel.net, .org etc., then it is not a hack. But if it positions itself as a "Travel Agency", then it is a hack.

•••
You provided a definition that contradicts what you are saying. "From wikipedia: A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain."

See that it can be a "phrase", i.e. two or more independent words...
Fortunately for you and me BrandClub.com is generously teaching those who have a lot to learn about the new gTLDs
Today I have learnt from the master
1. that a domain hack can only be a word
2. there is a direct correlation with the time it took for .com to gain public awareness and the new gTLDs. This is proven by both having no public awareness 2 years in.
3. Mad409 has also illuminated me, to the fact there has been break out public awareness of .xyz.
Stay tuned for more pearls of wisdom.

•••
"please.do.not.disturb.me" does not suffer any change of transformation on itself either... Neither does Disturb.me. It was registered as "Disturb me", not "Disturb" that happened to be on .me

Now, if Travel.Agency ignores "Agency parts" and is just regular travel site, just like Travel.net, .org etc., then it is not a hack. But if it positions itself as a "Travel Agency", then it is a hack.
Travel.agency is exactly like Travel.com , Travel.net or Travel.org ...

.Agency is the extension so it equals to .Com, .Net or .Org it just sounds different ...
there is where the beauty of new gTLDs comes in: you can built a catchy Brand using the combination between left and right (keyword+extension) something that you cannot do with legacy TLDs like .Com, .Net or .Org but that´s not a domain hack ...

•••
Domain hack examples:
Love.ly (one word)
Ga.me (one word)

Following are not domain hacks
Travel.Agency
Auctions.Bid

•••
It.is.not.a.hack.because.we.all.speak.and.write.like.this

•••
Domain hack examples:
Love.ly (one word)
Ga.me (one word)

Following are not domain hacks
Travel.Agency
Auctions.Bid
How hard is to make people understand what at domain hack is ...
If Travel.agency is a hack than all the New gTLD domain names are HACKs !

:)

•••
It.is.not.a.hack.because.we.all.speak.and.write.like.this
Fortunately for you and me BrandClub.com is generously teaching those who have a lot to learn about the new gTLDs
Today I have learnt from the master
1. that a domain hack can only be a word
2. there is a direct correlation with the time it took for .com to gain public awareness and the new gTLDs. This is proven by both having no public awareness 2 years in.
3. Mad409 has also illuminated me, to the fact there has been break out public awareness of .xyz.
Stay tuned for more pearls of wisdom.
You my friend, keep waiting for the day 1 of implosion of New gTLDs ... but take a seat ;)

•••
Telecom.com is not a hack.
Tele.com is a hack.
TravelAgency.com is not a hack, unless it stands for TravelAgencyCom LTD
Travel.Agency is not a hack, if it stands for Travel LTD.
Travel.Agency is a hack, if it stands for Travel Agency LTD.

As "Travel LTD" could have found other more suitable extensions for company called Travel LTD, there are more chances that Travel.Agency end user is going to be a "Travel Agency LTD".

And even if it will have another company name, chances are on its posts it will be referring to itself as "Travel.Agency is announcing deals for ...", not "Travel is announcing deals for...", like many companies/organizations would "CNN first reported on the subject...", not "CNN.com first reported on the subject..."

•••
Telecom.com is not a hack.
Tele.com is a hack.
TravelAgency.com is not a hack, unless it stands for TravelAgencyCom LTD
Travel.Agency is not a hack, if it stands for Travel LTD.
Travel.Agency is a hack, if it stands for Travel Agency LTD.

As "Travel LTD" could have found other more suitable extensions for company called Travel LTD, there are more chances that Travel.Agency end user is going to be a "Travel Agency LTD".

And even if it will have another company name, chances are on its posts it will be referring to itself as "Travel.Agency is announcing deals for ...", not "Travel is announcing deals for...", like many companies/organizations would "CNN first reported on the subject...", not "CNN.com first reported on the subject..."
Tele is the abreviation for Television in many languages ... so Tele.com is NOT and cannot be considered a domain hack.
A domain HACK has nothing to do with the company name or type: LTD, LLC etc ...
Travel.agency as domain is NOT a hack outherwise all New gTLD domain names are hack´s:
Credit.club , Coffee.club , Wine.club , Web.cam , Web.hosting ??? do you see them as domain hack´s ???
Well they are NOT. They are normal domains: keyword+extension

•••
Travel.agency as domain is NOT a hack outherwise all New gTLD domain names are hack´s:

WOW what idiots:
Domain Sherpas: Dan Schindler founder of Donuts, Rob Monster and Jebidiah Burnett from RightSide.
DNSeattle: The Investment Opportunity in New gTLDs
at 37minutes into the panel discussion, they agree at its basic form all the new gTLDs are domain hacks.

I've emailed Cyger to say hes got a lot to learn and that he should put a warning on the video. Cant believe how stupid these so called experts are.
http://www.domainsherpa.com/dnseattle-20150601/

•••
WOW what idiots:
Domain Sherpas: Dan Schindler founder of Donuts, Rob Monster and Jebidiah Burnett from RightSide.
DNSeattle: The Investment Opportunity in New gTLDs
at 37minutes into the panel discussion, they agree at its basic form all the new gTLDs are domain hacks.

I've emailed Cyger to say hes got a lot to learn and that he should put a warning on the video. Cant believe how stupid these so called experts are.
http://www.domainsherpa.com/dnseattle-20150601/
Yes, got to agree!

They are old school!
They don't seem to understand how much the domain market is changing.
Its an age thing!

•••
Yes, got to agree!

They are old school!
They don't seem to understand how much the domain market is changing.
Its an age thing!
Good job we got such a wise person, in BrandClub.com, to guide us. Eternally grateful.

•••
Of course travel.agency is a hack. Tell people "my website is travel.agency"

99.9% of people "what the hell is .agency?" "Do you mean travelagency.com?"

•••
Just got student number 3 BrandClub.com, getting quiet a class.

•••
@bluebox
Why would anyone sell their domain on Flippa unless they are desperate for cash?
I assume Ali Zandi has a lot of contacts?
Why settle for a (crappy) reseller marketplace?
Where better to sell a domain? Flippa seems to work quite well for Ali.
As for what it will sell for..... all this hack talk's makin' my throat sore....

•••
Without editor's choice designation, and if it is not LLL.com, LLLL.com, Flippa auction is useless. Very premium name can get 5-20 views in 30 days. It is because the platform is flooded with .ly, .io, .me, and other non-tradional names or just plainly trashy .coms, nets, orgs, like thememagination, glamglowskincare, v-map.co.in, scammers.site, highriskcheck21.com etc.

•••
Shane, do you care to make a wager that this doesn't sell for 5 figures?

I did not say it won't sell for 5-figures. I said it's not worth 5-figures.

•••
My prediction is very simple. If this domain does not sell for 6 figures then new GTLDS are DOOMED.
I can't think of a better name in NEW GTLDS. I think new gtlds are doomed and thats why it will sell in low 5 figures.

•••
IMHO.... 5 figures easy!!!!!!!!!

It's not for me.... But it'll sell for a decent amount! ;)

•••
For comparison purposes....

Travel.info sold for $116k
Travel.tv sold for $65k

and selling domains in those two TLDs is not particularly easy.

•••

Travel.tv sold for $65k

You left out the word agency.

•••
True - with generic TLDs like xyz or top or .ws I guess you ignore the word to the right of the dot. With longer TLDs like .agency perhaps one needs to consider the search volume for the longer keyword phrase. It should be noted that the keyword phrase "travel agency" does not have a great track record as DNPRIC.ES only has two instances above $1000. "Travel agency" appears in GAKPT with 110k monthly searches - nice vs "Travel" with 550k.

•••

Travel.tv sold for $65k

Nice comps !
Hey Ali, here's another comp to add
Travel.info = you get, travel information
Travel.tv = you get, travel information on tv
Travel.Agency = you, get we help you with everything
Travel.com = you get, travel commercial

Relevant(.)Relevant ;)
Cheers!

•••

Travel.tv sold for $65k

.info .tv is easy sale for perfect fit top 100-200 words, like travel, cash, card, money, usa, news, online, net, web, bank, finance, loan, mortgage, insurance, car, sports, golf etc.

•••
True - with generic TLDs like xyz or top or .ws I guess you ignore the word to the right of the dot. With longer TLDs like .agency perhaps one needs to consider the search volume for the longer keyword phrase. It should be noted that the keyword phrase "travel agency" does not have a great track record as DNPRIC.ES only has two instances above $1000. "Travel agency" appears in GAKPT with 110k monthly searches - nice vs "Travel" with 550k.

Good points in this case.
one needs to consider the search volume, 110k monthly searches - nice vs "Travel" with 550k

I'm assuming the search volume doesn't include direct or affiliate,
The advertising value year after year,
@ ten cents per search per 1 year, I put value @ 132,000.00 That's a cheap ad spend that lasts forever.
Could be worth 3 times that,
in branding cost savings year after year.
CMO's recognize the value here.
Domain Property that doesn't have to be "explained" is extremely cost effective long term.
Relevancy is a factor that few New tld's and .coms can achieve in any mega niche.
Even more rare than any general use 1-4 character that will always have to be "explained"
Cheers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back