Dynadot

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a domainer I love exact match keywords, travel.agency .
if you have a big network and more followers and you are a star in domain industry , and when you are in right platform to sell ,then definitely it will fetch you very good price. Not only an end user , but as a domaining my hobby I will buy for any price ( if I am a deep pocketer)

There are so many good hacks are there and it listed in many sales platforms, but there is no discussion here, but only for this domain, why it is becoz we know domain registered by Ali.
The price will go higher for 2 reasons,
1) Domain owner is Ali, people have a mind set that he has good domains only
2) Exact match and good keyword for very big industry

net.work is one of the amazing one word hack,
transfer.money is another great domain two word domain hack
both are niche industry I believe that's the reason it gave great price. But travel.agency may not fetch high xx,xxx value but it may fetch high x,xxx and xx,xxx.
If this name sells at good price, then people will be looking in to hacks i guess and smartly all the registry will increase these type of few un noticed domain hacks to huge price.

I wonder how much the guy who owns now alpha.bet is going to fetch when he list for sale. Even google was not smart enough to take the domain

good luck Ali

•••
What keeps amazing me is that this section for mostly new GTLD's has a handful of people who keep entering it posting how bad new GTLD's are and give all kind of reasons. Over and over and over and over ... again. It's like having a club which is open every day about a specific hobby and one keeps going there to tell them their hobby is bad. Every day one walks to that club and tells them how bad their hobby is. Just amazing and wondering what makes these few people tick :) If i didn't like this club i would never imagine going there every day just to tell people how bad their hobby is.

As for Travel.Agency, this is a killer domain and whoever buys it is set :)

•••
As a domainer I love exact match keywords, travel.agency .
if you have a big network and more followers and you are a star in domain industry , and when you are in right platform to sell ,then definitely it will fetch you very good price. Not only an end user , but as a domaining my hobby I will buy for any price ( if I am a deep pocketer)

There are so many good hacks are there and it listed in many sales platforms, but there is no discussion here, but only for this domain, why it is becoz we know domain registered by Ali.
The price will go higher for 2 reasons,
1) Domain owner is Ali, people have a mind set that he has good domains only
2) Exact match and good keyword for very big industry

net.work is one of the amazing one word hack,
transfer.money is another great domain two word domain hack
both are niche industry I believe that's the reason it gave great price. But travel.agency may not fetch high xx,xxx value but it may fetch high x,xxx and xx,xxx.
If this name sells at good price, then people will be looking in to hacks i guess and smartly all the registry will increase these type of few un noticed domain hacks to huge price.

I wonder how much the guy who owns now alpha.bet is going to fetch when he list for sale. Even google was not smart enough to take the domain

good luck Ali

Gobinath,

Travel.agency
Transfer.money
Alpha.bet
Net.work

etc ... are NOT domain HACKs !!!
A domain HACK is when you divide a keywork with a DOT like NewZea.land (for example ...)
These are ONE word New gTLDs domain names which is very different :)
You can read more about domain HACKs at wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

Hopr this helps ;)

•••
it is an exact match domains plus I would call as two word domain hack.
what you call these as
sen.sex , sus.sex and middle.sex?
service.apartments?

•••
it is an exact match domains plus I would call as two word domain hack.
what you call these as
sen.sex , sus.sex and middle.sex?
service.apartments?
The only domain HACK I see above is: sus.sex because it is a UK city ...
The others are NOT HACKs.
What is sen.sex or middle.sex ???
Service.apartments is a one word New gTLD domain name :)

•••
middlesex is one of the county in UK , how you define a domain hack here? :)

•••
middlesex is one of the county in UK , how you define a domain hack here? :)
Well, if "middlesex" is a county or city than middle.sex is a domain hack as well ...

From wikipedia: A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain.For example,"bir.ds" and "examp.le", using the fictitious country-code domains .ds and .le, suggest the word birds and example respectively. In this context, the word hack denotes a clever trick (as in programming), not an exploit or break-in (as in security). See more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

Two words divided by a DOT like Travel.agency are NOT a domain HACK !!!

Hope this help

•••
there is a gap in the logic :)

•••
•••
I agree newzea.land is domain hack
but I dont agree, middle is one word, sex is another word ,how do you call as domain hack?
when net.work is not a domain hack in your dictionary :)
not an argument just finding the right definition

•••
edit : net.work (clean work, dirty work) if you look at it as clean work, but if you look as the whole word it change everythingn it this precise case, this can only be network, so it can be a hack, but some classification is needed

Last edited:
•••
I agree newzea.land is domain hack
but I dont agree, middle is one word, sex is another word ,how do you call as domain hack?
when net.work is not a domain hack in your dictionary :)
not an argument just finding the right definition
If Midllesex is a city or county in the UK than it is a word ... dividing this word with one or more DOTs makes a domain hack: middle.sex is a domain hack in this case ...

Regarding Net.work I wouldn´t say it is a domain hack because Net stands for internet and work is a dictionary word so I would not look this one as a hack :-, If you look at it as the word network divided by a dot, well you could say it is a hack, but domain hacks refer more to dividing a word with DOTs than separing several words with DOTs (one of the most famous domain hacks was del.icio.us)

•••
network is one dictionary word, so it is a domain hack

•••
@asset.domains
those are two different key words which I would say EMD, not an hack.

•••
network is one dictionary word, so it is a domain hack
Well, being NET a widely used abreviation of INTERNET and WORK a dictionary word, for me Net.work is not a domain hack.

•••
•••
I hope it sells and sells for a nice amount, it would be good for all of us as a whole.

•••
My vote goes for $50,000 - $60,000 range. May go higher if end-users jump in.

•••
I say $27,999, if that is still the topic. Seems brandclub, has turned this into his opinion thread. Hopefully he will state his estimate and move on, or start his own thread
Good luck Ali

•••
This is the sort of domain which would be a nice brand for a talented developer or someone with lead generation experience. Agencies tend to go with brands rather than generic keywords so I am not sure how much interest there would be among travel agencies in branding a business on this domain. No doubt new TLD domainers will jump all over it. Will this domain ever become a real business or just a domain for flipping among the domaining community? My suspicion is that a domainer pays mid $XXXX for it and never sells it to an end user.

•••
I've worked in the travel industry on the development side for a number of years and I can see a use for this style of domain. Travel Agency .com will benefit from type in traffic which travel.agency will not in the short term but with the right content (content is king) and branding I expect this domain will be very valuable to the right person. In answer to the original question of what will it sell for? I think 12k to 15k for someone who's going to hold it for a while or 18k+ to an end user who recognises it's potential.

•••
Jumping in with my 2 cents. Travel . Agency will reach $40K in this auction because the name with the dot in the middle is brandable. You wouldn't be able to brand Travel Agency because it is generic and you can have that combination in all extensions. But Travel . Agency is one of a kind and always will be. It's true that people don't say Travel dot agency. But people will and they can, and they will mean the business of the person who buys this name in the same way people say "I booked it on hotels dot com."

Regarding new gTLDs in general and breakouts. I agree with those who think the best new gTLDs are limited by their extensions. Travel . Agency works, tissue . agency does not. Limitation was initially intended for dot coms, nets and orgs. All extensions were made to fit a general vision - company, net-related, organizations and now a ton more, but most of these are even more limited .club, .press, .tech, etc. except .xyz. That's why I think .xyz will be the breakout - it means nothing or anything. Basically it means "the end." It goes with everything.

•••
I can't really say for what it will sell for but travel.agency is definetly one of those perfect new domaincombos for which new TLDs are made inter alia.

•••
Well, if "middlesex" is a county or city than middle.sex is a domain hack as well ...

From wikipedia: A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain.For example,"bir.ds" and "examp.le", using the fictitious country-code domains .ds and .le, suggest the word birds and example respectively. In this context, the word hack denotes a clever trick (as in programming), not an exploit or break-in (as in security). See more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_hack

Two words divided by a DOT like Travel.agency are NOT a domain HACK !!!

Hope this help

You provided a definition that contradicts what you are saying. "From wikipedia: A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain."

See that it can be a "phrase", i.e. two or more independent words...

•••
You provided a definition that contradicts what you are saying. "From wikipedia: A domain hack is a domain name that suggests a word, phrase, or name when concatenating two or more adjacent levels of that domain."

See that it can be a "phrase", i.e. two or more independent words...
If you read deeper the wikipedia article, you´ll see that there are posibilities to build a domain hack over a phrase but in this case you should build something like: "please.do.not.disturb.me"
(the wikipedia example on a .ME domain)
It´s absolutely wrong to classify new gtld domains keyword+extension as domain hacks as both words (keyword and extension) do not suffer any change or transformation on themself. Also mind that left of the dot is keyword and right of the dot is extension, so in the case of Travel.agency the domain is "TRAVEL"; what comes after the DOT is the extension NOT the domain ...
In order to get a domain hack on Travel.agency you should register something like vel.agency and then add a subdomain on it Tra.vel.agency (as example this could be a domain hack ... :))

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back