.Top Future Will .top be new .com???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

John_Spar

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Every L (A - Z) and every N (0 - 9) is registered with .top in its most possible amount.
It's just impressive.

•••
Watching paint dry can be fun too.
Yes, absolutely agree.
Watching how the worldwide .top picture is emerging, is wonderful.

Last edited:
•••
It's because .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top .top is so popular that it is used on Mars, Jupiter and by the Klingonians too :)

:?: Maybe .top comes not from this earth??? ?? ?

:!: No, serious - it's simply because the term 'top' is understood nearly all over the world, in nearly every language, thats why.

•••
i personally like the extension
competitor to .xyz maybe
but a competitor to .com i dont think so

Why you like the .top extension?

•••
because it reminds me of a mancunian friend of mine who used to say it about everything.
English northerners will understand...

•••
because it reminds me of a mancunian friend of mine who used to say it about everything.
English northerners will understand...

I see, so 'top' was part of his s/lang/uage* if something good or great or positive happened if I understand you right.
That's again a plus for .top because I never heard someone using 'com' as part of his s/lang/uage*.
*slang / language

•••
Likely not. I know for sure it will it never be the next dot-one. But, like many of the new gTLD's, except for dot-xyz, which is the most horrid looking extension I've ever seen, it sure is fun to play with! Could very well be a contender.top!

•••
•••
•••
While it's the gTLD .com which stands for 'commercial' it's the gTLD .top which can stand for almost all what's 'top' in someones mind / view - equal if it's a commercial thing or not.
30 years ago no one would have thought, that the abrivation 'com' will be connected with nearly all themes (websites) in future while it originally was created just for commercial.
So to believe, that the full word 'top' will be adopted worldwide someday and connected with nearly all is very realisitc, although it's very early.

Another fact (of course not to compare directly but it's a thought worth):

1st day of .com
registration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_oldest_currently_registered_Internet_domain_names#.com

1st day of .top
registrations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.top_domain#.top_development

Last edited:
•••
While it's the gTLD .com which stands for 'commercial' it's the gTLD .top which can stand for all.
30 years ago no one would have thought, that the abrivation 'com' will be connected with nearly all themes in future while it originally was created just for commercial.
So to believe, that the full word 'top' will be adopted worldwide someday and connected with nearly all is very realisitc, although it's very early.

Another fact (of course not to compare directly but it's a thought worth):

1st day of .com
registration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_oldest_currently_registered_Internet_domain_names#.com

1st day of .top
registrations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.top_domain#.top_development

I appreciate your opinion but I believe your wrong. The first day of the World Wide Web nobody knew the Internet or what it was truly about. You can't compare that to the registrations of .top today. The only reason there was 30k. Reg of .top was a) because people wanted to take valuable keywords which sold for a lot in the .com version b) because people jump on any new domain and c) because investors followed the likes of big companies registering their version too. "Top" that with the Chinese stock markets doing incredibly poor of course; people with physical holdings will look for better ways to hold and possibly increase the value of their money.

There have been many attempts before .top came out at being the next '.com' but so far none truly outshine it. And no, .top does not stand for everything.

Past .top there will be many more extensions coming. Each one diluting what used to be a goldmine. will they do any better? Possibly but probably not. You'll still see the same pattern though. Lots of domain regs as the rush happens. Means nothing.

•••
I appreciate your opinion but I believe your wrong. The first day of the World Wide Web nobody knew the Internet or what it was truly about. You can't compare that to the registrations of .top today. The only reason there was 30k. Reg of .top was a) because people wanted to take valuable keywords which sold for a lot in the .com version b) because people jump on any new domain and c) because investors followed the likes of big companies registering their version too. "Top" that with the Chinese stock markets doing incredibly poor of course; people with physical holdings will look for better ways to hold and possibly increase the value of their money.

There have been many attempts before .top came out at being the next '.com' but so far none truly outshine it. And no, .top does not stand for everything.

Past .top there will be many more extensions coming. Each one diluting what used to be a goldmine. will they do any better? Possibly but probably not. You'll still see the same pattern though. Lots of domain regs as the rush happens. Means nothing.

As I said, I didn't compare those 1st day registering directly.
Still, it's impressive.

But what I can see, is that many people are writing that .top has no chance to replace .com someday.
For me this just look like that they don't consider the fact that there is a gape of 30 years between .com and .top - that's why .top isn't comparable with the current status of .com at this time.
But this doesn't mean that it isn't possible (for .top to replace .com in future).
It's possible.
I don't think in days or weeks or months or years.
I think in decades.

And all the attempts of other gTLDS 'beeing the next .com' are simply not comparable with the gTLD .top because they all haven't the 'logic' like the term 'top' has - because 'top' says it all - and that's why .top must be on top someday, no doubt.

•••
As I said, I didn't compare those 1st day registering directly.
Still, it's impressive.

But what I can see, is that many people are writing that .top has no chance to replace .com someday.
For me this just look like that they don't consider the fact that there is a gape of 30 years between .com and .top - that's why .top isn't comparable with the current status of .com at this time.
But this doesn't mean that it isn't possible (for .top to replace .com in future).
It's possible.
I don't think in days or weeks or months or years.
I think in decades.

And all the attempts of other gTLDS 'beeing the next .com' are simply not comparable with the gTLD .top because they all haven't the 'logic' like the term 'top' has - because 'top' says it all - and that's why .top must be on top someday, no doubt.

It's possible but your dismissing hundreds of others which have just as much potential. You say they all haven't got 'logic' like the term 'top' because it says it all. What does it say?

The internet the tomorrow will not look like the one we use today. That and the fact that hundreds of others are attempting the same thing I don't see it but yes your right it is possible. I just think that possibility based on what we already know is low.

•••
i dont think there will ever be a extention that will be the next .com i dont know why people waste the time to even talk about it

•••
It's possible but your dismissing hundreds of others which have just as much potential. You say they all haven't got 'logic' like the term 'top' because it says it all. What does it say?

The internet the tomorrow will not look like the one we use today. That and the fact that hundreds of others are attempting the same thing I don't see it but yes your right it is possible. I just think that possibility based on what we already know is low.

'top' says it all because 'top' simply means (that it is simply) top - so the gTLD .top imparts, that the name (content) before the dot is top and that makes curious.

Yes, you are right, what we know is low - so it's more a believe thing, a feeling (based on observation of society) that I think .top will evolve well.

•••
i dont think there will ever be a extention that will be the next .com i dont know why people waste the time to even talk about it

I respect your opinion but doesn't that mean that you were wasting your time while writing this comment?

•••
i express my opinion because i don't want some newbie thinking .top is the next dot com..

•••
i express my opinion because i don't want some newbie thinking .top is the next dot com..
I see, thx for your explanation.
I express my opinion because I don't want some newbies are so impressed by .com that they forget the posibillity to think outside the .com box.
We always should remeber that new ways are new possibilities.
The TLD .top is a new way - the way from .com to .top - and this way is a way from old to new.

•••
I see, thx for your explanation.
I express my opinion because I don't want some newbies are so impressed by .com that they forget the posibillity to think outside the .com box.
We always should remeber that new ways are new possibilities.
The TLD .top is a new way - the way from .com to .top - and this way is a way from old to new.

im not going to argue ...... .com will always be king. you will see.....

•••
•••
would you like to make a wager on this???

•••
would you like to make a wager on this???
Since I do not know when .top will be at the top, it does not make sense for both of us to make a wager, thanks.

•••
when you sell this please let me know toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

•••
when you sell this please let me know toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

I can not promise, that I will notifying you personally if I have sold it - but you can be sure that it will go through all the news channels worldwide while insiders of the domain scene will be the first ones who will know it I think.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back