.Top Future Will .top be new .com???

Spaceship
Watch

John_Spar

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok, we don't know about the future. Who knows, maybe in 2020:

- Skoda will be the new Lamborghini?!
- The Quarter Pounder will be the new russian caviar?!
- Justin Bieber will be the new Lemmy?!
- .Top will be the new .Com?!

B-):(:alien3::sick:

•••
I wanna reenter this thread just to point out that a top, in the adult world, refers too a gay man who's considered the dominant one in sex. So who would wanna use .top? lol

After seeing OP's regfee domains, I understand why he's such a cheerleader for the extension: when you buy shitty items, ya try to market them so as to give them value. He'll be smart and let these drop, then move on.

But hopefully not onto a new TLD. .tel killed the .com, just like mobi/info/biz and everything else we were promised lol

.top will fail. that's guaranteed, not a personal opinion. Best to stand away from the structure before it crumbles out. OP is sadly IN it.

"The Titanic, it can never sink!"

We all know how that went.

•••
I wanna reenter this thread just to point out that a top, in the adult world, refers too a gay man who's considered the dominant one in sex. So who would wanna use .top? lol

After seeing OP's regfee domains, I understand why he's such a cheerleader for the extension: when you buy sh*tty items, ya try to market them so as to give them value. He'll be smart and let these drop, then move on.

But hopefully not onto a new TLD. .tel killed the .com, just like mobi/info/biz and everything else we were promised lol

.top will fail. that's guaranteed, not a personal opinion. Best to stand away from the structure before it crumbles out. OP is sadly IN it.

"The Titanic, it can never sink!"

We all know how that went.

Simply nonsense, .top has (BTW like me) nothing to do with 'gay'.
I recherched that and so I learned that the term 'top' is inside the so called 'BDSM' szene (adult szene), a term for 'the stronger part' in some weird sexual activities of this weird and insignificant szene.
But it's nothing special 'gay'.
I also have read that there is also the term 'sub' used in this weird scene. But as you may know, 'sub' is, like 'top' also used in many other, more significant parts of the world, for example in IT - there are the terms '
subdomain' and 'topdomain' as we knowww.
Or
subwayyyyy and topspeeeeed.

You can't denie, that the obvious main importance of the term 'top' is simply 'the highest point of whatever' while in marketing / journalism / rankings etc. it is simply used for 'best' - so the insignificant use of this term in this insignificant weird 'BDSM' scene from some scene insiders of it is just insignificant for the rest of the world (except you?) / for the TLD .top haha yeahhh so insignificaaant

.top is much more positive than you connect with. If you would change your view you would see it.

If you are not convinced from the TLD .top why not using your time / energy to build a portfolio of domains in which you believe?
What is the point of your 'periodically attackings' of the TLD .top or members who 'believe' in the TLD .top?
For what reason? Does it bring any benefits to you?

I don't give a cent on your 'guarantee, (which is) not a personal opinion' about the future, that's just unserious, no one knows the future ;)

BTW I don't know what's your problem but that's not my problem.
Your subliminal attacks against me / my domains are just turning childish in my view.
I know why I have blocked you on FB a week agooo.

However - I don't care, it's your time while it's my rhyme yeahhh prhymetime peaaace

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm not gay, but I've lived in San Francisco before so I am familiar with the terms. Definitely every time I see ".top" I think of the thing that @Archangel pointed out. It's kind of embarrassing and funny. Though mainly funny because people in China aren't aware of .top's most common modern English meaning.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not gay, but I've lived in San Francisco before so I am familiar with the terms. Definitely every time I see ".top" I think of the thing that @Archangel pointed out. It's kind of embarrassing and funny. Though mainly funny because people in China aren't aware of .top's most common modern English meaning.

You can be sure, that 99% of world's population don't connect the term 'top' with this bizarre niche of niche of niche - thing.
You also can be sure, that 'people in China' knowing the obvious main importance of the term 'top' very well (as you know, .top is a chinese created TLD and it's not hard to understand that the idea behind it, is the fact that this term stands worldwide for 'best' / ... ) - they simply don't care about some insignificant uses of this term. Like I, like 99 % ;)

So even just the try to claim that the most common english meaning of the term 'top' isn't simply 'the uppermost part' / 'the highest in rank' / 'the best of ...' / ... is just ridiculous.

Find more at http://www.thefreedictionary.com/top ;)

BTW https://www.namepros.com/threads/top-future-will-top-be-new-com.906247/page-5#post-5224821

Last edited:
•••
.top will not be the new .com
.top might be the new .sucks

One of the new gtlds that might do well is .web, which when you think about it, is generic enough but also meaningful, much like .net.

Since.net is so far away from .com I still stand when I say you are comparing apples with oranges.

•••
•••
.top will not be the new .com
.top might be the new .sucks

One of the new gtlds that might do well is .web, which when you think about it, is generic enough but also meaningful, much like .net.

Since.net is so far away from .com I still stand when I say you are comparing apples with oranges.

There is no need for .top to 'become the new .com' or any other .whatever - because .top is simply .top and .top simply will show all what that means - be patient.

Yes, .web will do well, I wrote that here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/top-future-will-top-be-new-com.906247/#post-5212911
The TLD .web is meaningfull but there is / will be never any TLD which is more meaningful than .top
That's simply an easy and ultralogic calculation.

In the meantime you can continue saying apples and oranges I say .top yeahhh

Last edited:
•••
The title of your post is will .top be the new .com.

Now your agreeing it isn't.

Finally, thank you for understanding. :)

•••
The title of your post is will .top be the new .com.

Now your agreeing it isn't.

Finally, thank you for understanding. :)

I have to say that your interpretation is false because I don't agree with that (in the sense how you mean it).
I am not the creator of this thread, so I was not the creator of this thread's title.
But I write / wrote in the sense of this thread.
Maybe I have wrote somewhere that '.top will be the new .com' but I am sure I wrote it with quotation marks (if not, I just forgot them), it's just a symbolic speak.

At the end not one TLD can become some other TLD (logic of course) - and in this sense and especially according to the high status of the meaning/s of the term 'top' I meant, that .top don't need 'to become' .com (or any other TLD) because .top simply stands for .top and that's it.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, we don't know about the future. Who knows, maybe in 2020:

- Skoda will be the new Lamborghini?!
- The Quarter Pounder will be the new russian caviar?!
- Justin Bieber will be the new Lemmy?!
- .Top will be the new .Com?!

Yes, we don't know about the future. But I know for sure in 2016:

- Skoda is part of VW like Lamborghini
- The quarter pounder is 'a russian caviar of the masses'
- JB is managed from the same industry like LK was
- .com will never be .top

:!:;)

Last edited:
•••
Wait a sec--you spent all this time trying to convince the world that .top would be the new .com but after pretty much everyone put you in your place, you THEN had the gull to tell us .top won't ever be the new .com?

Otherwise you're getting smart and realize how worthless/pointless .top is or you were painted into a corner & can't figure out how to escape. Either way, you don't seem to be a good businessman.

•••
Wait a sec--you spent all this time trying to convince the world that .top would be the new .com but after pretty much everyone put you in your place, you THEN had the gull to tell us .top won't ever be the new .com?

Otherwise you're getting smart and realize how worthless/pointless .top is or you were painted into a corner & can't figure out how to escape. Either way, you don't seem to be a good businessman.

Wait an undefined amount of seconds, I will answer you at...
...another time, I have to register some newww .top TOPLDs nowww yeahhh :laugh::$::!:

Last edited:
•••
@kingoftop I guess I & some here just have problem understanding your zealous love for .top, the way you sticking to, reasoning, defending it.

It's almost like you are in denial. I say this of course without meaning to attack you or anything like that.

•••
@kingoftop I guess I & some here just have problem understanding your zealous love for .top, the way you sticking to, reasoning, defending it.

It's almost like you are in denial. I say this of course without meaning to attack you or anything like that.

I see.
No problem.
No denial.
You are allways welcome to follow my posts to understand more.
As I said, .top isn't .com - it's not the same.
So the way to understand is another, maybe an 'outside the
- way'?
The time has changed.
I / don't think in a .command way - the .topic is to be part of this historical change.

Last edited:
•••
Okay, I know I've been sounding very hostile. It lacks professionalism. So instead, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here. Instead of further castigation, I'll simply ask you these things: Why is it that "times are changing" makes this extension worth a damn? What makes .top better than the other 100+ new extensions out there these days? I honestly fail to see why you're so zealous over .top, especially since your .top's are regfee. Sure, there are some keywords that'd do well no matter the extension ie cars.top etc. But what makes .top a viable investment? You own worthless ones, so I'm pretty sure you're not trying to make your portfolio look better (if you are and you think your domains are worth even owning, then there is a serious problem with you). .top is DEFINITELY better than many new extensions, true. But I don't see the logic in the praise you're giving it. Do a Google search: you're among the only ppl around who's placing .top on a large, undeserved throne. Surely there must be a reason...

So what is it? You remind me of those clueless ppl in abusive relationships who stick with their partner solely "because I love him!" Yeah, it worked out great for Whitney Houston, right?

•••
Okay, I know I've been sounding very hostile. It lacks professionalism. So instead, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here. Instead of further castigation, I'll simply ask you these things: Why is it that "times are changing" makes this extension worth a damn? What makes .top better than the other 100+ new extensions out there these days? I honestly fail to see why you're so zealous over .top, especially since your .top's are regfee. Sure, there are some keywords that'd do well no matter the extension ie cars.top etc. But what makes .top a viable investment? You own worthless ones, so I'm pretty sure you're not trying to make your portfolio look better (if you are and you think your domains are worth even owning, then there is a serious problem with you). .top is DEFINITELY better than many new extensions, true. But I don't see the logic in the praise you're giving it. Do a Google search: you're among the only ppl around who's placing .top on a large, undeserved throne. Surely there must be a reason...

So what is it? You remind me of those clueless ppl in abusive relationships who stick with their partner solely "because I love him!" Yeah, it worked out great for Whitney Houston, right?

Wait an undefined amount of seconds, I will answer you at...
...another time, I have to register some newww .top TOPLDs nowww yeahhh :laugh::$::!:

Please wait first for my answer of your other question/s (see above) before asking me other questions.
Understand that I have to examine your partly weird postings before I react to them.
In the meanwhile you can visit the registry of TLD .top to learn more about it's benefits, they also have an english version of their site.

•••
Please wait first for my answer of your other question/s (see above) before asking me other questions.
Understand that I have to examine your partly weird postings before I react to them.
In the meanwhile you can visit the registry of TLD .top to learn more about it's benefits, they also have an english version of their site.

I'm sorry, but visiting the registry to learn about the benefits?

Are you serious?

•••
•••
Otherwise, you have no answer and instead are directing us to the registry's site, hoping we'd deduce an answer for you. You do not see .top as better for any reason--you are merely hoping it'll be in the future.

That plus the fact that my clear-as-day replies are "weird" to you pretty much sums it all up: you've no idea why .top should be considered so goodly. After you swore it was a .com challenger, you admitted that it wasn't. And given the chance to educate us, you balked, having nothing to say (since you have a belief in a product without knowing exactly why you do).

Thanks for proving everyone in this thread right. At least now you are making sense.

•••
Good for hats, hoodies, ganseys and general spams but .top will never be Top you can bet your bottom dollar on that, thanks in advance :)

•••
Otherwise, you have no answer and instead are directing us to the registry's site, hoping we'd deduce an answer for you. You do not see .top as better for any reason--you are merely hoping it'll be in the future.

That plus the fact that my clear-as-day replies are "weird" to you pretty much sums it all up: you've no idea why .top should be considered so goodly. After you swore it was a .com challenger, you admitted that it wasn't. And given the chance to educate us, you balked, having nothing to say (since you have a belief in a product without knowing exactly why you do).

Thanks for proving everyone in this thread right. At least now you are making sense.

You are not patient, VIP with the disgusting smiley avatar.
So here is my answer to all of your last three remarks.

Your 'analysis' about my postings are just showing that you haven't understood.
My keymessage was always and still is that I believe that .top will replace .com in it's status someday and that .com will never be .top - is that so difficult to grasp?

Try to read between the lines if you like to understand my postings.
And don't worry about my business - it's my business, not your's ;)

•••
Good for hats, hoodies, ganseys and general spams but .top will never be Top you can bet your bottom dollar on that, thanks in advance :)

Of course .top is also a good choice for the hat / hoodie / gansey industry, why not :?:
Also a good choice for shoes, gloves and scarfs.
Generally good for textile products.
Generally good for products.
Generally good.*
So I believe that .top will, true to this TLD's invincible name, be on top instead of .com someday :!:

*Except for spam, like any other TLD.
Spam in principle have nothing to do with an TLD but that's nothing newww.
It just looks like that this 'ancient spam - whine' is the last blade of grass on which the '.top opponents' try to cling.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, you are still misguided. I won't even bother with it, as you'll find some cute way to side-step the issue. Reread every post you've made in this thread, and you'll see. However, you'll refuse to acknowledge your errors, using flawed logic (and claims I'm impatient, despite the fact that I've literally sold over 1,000 domains--to well over 200 different people--in the past 15+ years) to aid you in a battle you lost from the beginning.

You are a sad case, but all noobs are. Even I was (I actually regged TM'ed domains!). All noobs believe new extensions will someday be on par with .com, as you think .top will. It not only has no practical use but worse, you can't name one reason it's better than .web, .company etc. Instead, you hope we'll think of one for you.

You're 100% right though that it's your business, not mine. So while I'm making money, your bank account will take a yearly hit. That's fine with me :) It's not my money being flushed away.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back