NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Really neutral about the "flag" because it is a American thing so my opinion is worthless but did find this approiate for this thread!
11249156_456905004491020_2896784149579273481_n.jpg
You climb it and pull it down. Sheesh. It's only proper.

(I only say "it" because she's obviously an "It" girl.)

•••
•••
Shit! Knew you mentioned Blackhat, but couldn't remember if you were thumbs up or down. Just rented it. We'll see. At least I didn't get Inherent Vice, apparently that's a big disjointed mess of a dog.

Yeah, Inherent Vice, I couldn't finish it, shut if off about half way thru. Think you mentioned Chappie earlier, didn't like that one either.

Yea, not that funny, but I know where JBL is comming from.

Peace,
Cy

Don't know what that means.

Escaped New York Inmate Richard Matt Shot and Killed by Police, Search Ongoing for David Sweat

https://gma.yahoo.com/escaped-york-...ed-police-204947073--abc-news-topstories.html#

JN got part of his Bday wish for Sweat.

Peace,
Cy

They got that other dude today. Shot, captured alive

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/new-york-prison-break/index.html

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of FB

"Life Of Brian" became
255292_513567912002753_1798936701_n.jpg

Life of Vagina

Still neutral @forge .. I sure wouldn't climb another country "flag" and take it down.....figure it was safe for me to post..cause I have no political agenda (USA or any country other than Canada)

•••
Found pretty far north ... and south ... of the Carolinas.
330px-Thryothorus_ludovicianus_species_distribution_map.svg.png
Well, what the heck is wrong with those people who named them? Why call them Carolina Wrens if they go to Canada & Mexico? ;) Why not just an Eastern Wren? :D

Those birds are crazy! You don't want to go fly down to Mexico! Don't then realize what happens to birds who go to Mexico:
o.jpg

;)

•••
Yeah, Inherent Vice, I couldn't finish it, shut if off about half way thru. Think you mentioned Chappie earlier, didn't like that one either.

Don't know what that means.
Item #1: That was Verbster.

Item #2: I think Cy may be confusing one of my posts.

OK, movie time. For better or worse...

•••
We have those around here too. Anyone friendly with her? "Borrow" a cat or 2 at a time and have them neutered.
There is one woman who she talks with but the woman is an older (than the other) woman who seems to have taken her side to the whole cat thing.

There's a Vet school that will fix them for free but they can't do it if the cats don't come to them.

Maybe we just need to sneak into here house and soak her pillow case with :
570-1500.jpg

Then just take the cats and get them taken care of, then return them to her and problem solved (for a while)!

•••
•••
Speaking of FB

"Life Of Brian" became
255292_513567912002753_1798936701_n.jpg

Life of Vagina

I would replace the work "Killers" in the movie "Replacement Killers"! ;)

OR

I would replace the word "Jane" from the movie titled "Fun with Dick and Jane"! ;)

•••
How I know what the weather will be.
1743696_10153681872696840_4128292687052926102_n.jpg

•••
•••
Yeah three days away from my blog
Comments
  • All |
  • Pending (0) |
  • Approved |
  • Spam (11,754) |
  • Trash (0)
Search Comments:

Select bulk action
Filter by comment type
11,754 items « Select Page of 588 »

•••
•••
I use Disqus comment system on my blog.
Cut down the damn spam comment from thousands to nothing!

•••
•••
•••
Not sure what YouTube video you watched BUT Keep the saw sharp before every use..wear protective clothings (not short, tanktop and sandals)..stay alert.. fill the tank before every use,,,you are using a "tool" that can take off your arm/leg etc in a blink of a eye..also watch videos on "widow makers" and how to fall a tree properly!!!

Thats solid advice, thank you.

I had never heard of 'widow maker' before, that's some unnerving stuff.

As I was hauling out the one limb that was fairly thin, 8 inches circumference, I thought about how heavy it actually was and how it would 'ruin' someone day if they got smacked with that.

I watched about 15 different videos on proper tree cutting before I took this project on myself and had a safety & cutting plan in place. I wore jeans, sweatshirt, and steel toe boots. I was thinking, 'respect the tool, respect the tree' the whole time.

Here was the most helpful one:

I don't think i will be taking down any more for now, but it needed to go due to it being half on our fence.

Someone came and picked up the wood I put out front; they can have the whole lot of them!

•••
•••
Couldn't get thru 10 min of Blackhat. A Michael Mann film?

Doesn't bode well when first 5 min of movie is CGI animation traveling thru the innards of a computer, motherboard, data line, lord knows what, ultimately to a nuclear reactor, OOH, SCARY! Literally close to 5 min, and not a single satellite or tower is shown! (Or actor for that matter.) And then the subtitles begin, for an American movie! Another 5+ min. of nameless extras speaking Mandarin.

The opening shot is Planet Earth, also CGI of course, and then zooming in to a cityscape or whatever, no that's never been done before.

•••
I cut down my first tree today. This is a big accomplishment since I never touched a chainsaw with my gentle 'internet' fingers before.

I have about 40 thin 80ft trees in my back yard... and I despise them.

I had to cut this particular tree down because to top half fell in a storm this week, and landed in the neighbors back yard; leaving 40 feet of tree remaining.

Went to Lowes and picked up a chainsaw, made the proper cuts, and dropped it on target.

Of course I learned how to do that properly on YouTube :P

1 down... 39 more to go.

BUT...WHY...WHY...WOULD YOU CUT 40 TREES?
Those " things " you despise are the ones that allow you to breath...just saying

•••
Couldn't get thru 10 min of Blackhat. A Michael Mann film?

Doesn't bode well when first 5 min of movie is CGI animation traveling thru the innards of a computer, motherboard, data line, lord knows what, ultimately to a nuclear reactor, OOH, SCARY! Literally close to 5 min, and not a single satellite or tower is shown! (Or actor for that matter.) And then the subtitles begin, for an American movie! Another 5+ min. of nameless extras speaking Mandarin.

The opening shot is Planet Earth, also CGI of course, and then zooming in to a cityscape or whatever, no that's never been done before.

Yeah, usually Iike his films, the atmosphere of them

Blackhat - 34/25 - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blackhat/

Ones I liked, own on bluray
Heat - 86/94 - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1068182-heat/
Collateral - 86/84 - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/collateral/?search=collateral
Last of Mohicans 94/88 - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1040678-last_of_the_mohicans/?search=last of moh
Public Enemies, not great but ok 68/59 - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10009526-public_enemies/

Trees, I like them but some gotta go if they can fall on property or roots mess with the pipes and such.

•••
BUT...WHY...WHY...WOULD YOU CUT 40 TREES?
Those " things " you despise are the ones that allow you to breath...just saying

Well one of those things fell on our fence this week. Could have fallen on our house, but we were lucky.

You see... in my house I have my most important things. So if it's my house and my most important things versus some trees that should have never been allowed to grow as tall as they are by the previous owner; it's the trees that are going.

I doubt that 40 trees are going to drastically effect the worldwide ecosystem.

Here is all of the great things trees have done for my area this week:
http://www.nj.com/weather/index.ssf...n_in_nj_why_it_was_likely_something_else.html

•••
Those birds are crazy! You don't want to go fly down to Mexico! Don't then realize what happens to birds who go to Mexico:

Pretty crazy to make a nest in a mailbox right next to the door! Mama Wren doesn't give an F. If I look at it while she's in there, she just sits there and blinks at me.

I think I saved one of her babies! Wednesday I had just taken my older dogs out and was putting things in the car to take the puppy to class - went outside and there was a recently-hatched baby bird on a bench across the porch from the mailbox! Looked unharmed - moving around, opening its mouth ...I had no clue how it got there and wasn't even sure it was a wren, but that was the only nest I knew of and he would have died out there by himself. So I scooped him up carefully with a card and deposited him gently in the nest. 5 minutes later, Mom was back on the nest, completely nonchalant like nothing happened, so I assume all's OK.

Trees:
I have a ton of them in my yard. I like them, but I like the bigger ones best the farther they are from my house. Had one 70' pine tree snap like a pencil in a similar storm and miss the house by 2'. Also had to pester the town for a year to take down a massive oak tree that was badly rotted out inside - half of that split off during Sandy leaving a gash in a screen. Fortunately, the forks were cabled which prevented it from doing more damage. The remaining half was leaning ominously over my house for over a year before I finally got them to take it down. I sleep a lot better since that's gone.

•••
Yeah, until now just reading a review on Amazon, had no idea Mann directed Last of the Mohicans.

I met Madeleine Stowe in Texas in an antique shop after seeing her in Another Stakeout the night before. Really sweet lady. Crazy coincidence.

•••
I doubt that 40 trees are going to drastically effect the worldwide ecosystem.

Yes I agree. Just multiply them for the number of homeowners who potentially have the same opinion you have and you will see the impact.

It works this way for everything : the actions of 1 human ( most of the times ) do not have a global impact but the sum of many 1s does.

Maybe you can prune them? Or maybe reduce the number to a safe one instead of cutting them all down. Just a suggestion

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back