Dynadot

sales The Estee Lauder Company Acquires .XYZ from Sweetha portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please dont waste your time arguing with trollers. They are in the forum to divert domainers to their alliance extensions. Time to grab some more .xyz...
I like what your doing Swetha - you've earnt the sales that are coming your way......

But

Your statement is contractionary - saying someone is trolling because they are trying to divert people to other extensions apart from .xyz and then saying it's time to buy more .xyz.......

Come on.......

People need to stop believing the hype, do their own research and make an informed decision based on the facts....

And the facts are that you are the only consistent seller of .xyz domains in the x,xxx range and above because through foresight you amassed a a huge portfolio of quality domains - telling people to buy more .xyz is irresponsible as they are feeding off the scraps.....

A lot of fools on here worship the ground your feet are on because some people like to kiss a**e and can't think for themselves.....

As I said your doing a great job but don't have a pop at someone when you are doing the same thing........

Last edited:
•••
Allowing some words on a computer/mobile screen (typed by from randoms online) to put you off posting seems a bit of an overreaction.
Not really if you think there's nobody worth talking to on here. I think there's hope, but this obsession with trying to make newbies perceive that XYZ is popular or a good investment when all signs point to IT ISN'T is tiring.

Being called a troll and down voted for asking perfectly reasonable questions is offensive and wrong. Those conducting such activities should have their abilities to do so revoked. It's bad for the community.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to be on my ignore list @NickB
Due to NP mods support you were still roaming on .xyz threads and spreading negativity,
I am ignoring you @MadAboutDomains.

I have been a NP member for 15 years and have (0) people on my ignore list.

This is a public forum, not an echo chamber.

People are not "haters". Many of the comments were very reasonable.

You are basically a unicorn, really the only person putting up steady high dollar sales in .XYZ, so it comes with the territory.

It is not like terms like Anagram, Clinique, etc. sold for high dollars because they are naturally amazing terms. It is what happens with large portfolios in any extension. It is quantity domaining.

Other terms like Pluto, Fortress, Momentum, Bolt, Glow, Alliance, Quest. etc. are much higher quality. These quality of terms eventually finding buyers is far more predictable.

I am not sure why you seem to be so offended by anyone asking any questions, or pointing out it is a numbers game. That is not something that should be offensive. You had the foresight to register these domains when you did, and kept renewing them when the extension was on life support.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Lol, those links you posted are from one person
What? Each link in each bullet point relates to the user for each reported sale.
even some posts came from 2017
Yes, I've included the information required to determine that the user invested in XYZ in 2017, then dropped names (now with Swetha) and now has a portfolio of 72. What's wrong with that? Should I have included a link from yesterday to prove their past investments or something?

In truth your post is so ill informed that it isn't worth replying to, but I can't resist because of how stupid it is. It's like you didn't read the post.

What's funny is that YOUR POST that contains nothing but vitriol has been upvoted by the right people the moment you posted it. Birds of a feather flock together.

I'm sure that this is what @NickB is talking about. If you provide actual useful information to people that provides context instead of just inflating people's egos you get down voted and called a troll.

Sorry you don't like context.

Last edited:
•••
They wouldn't have dropped some good .xyz's. They might have listened your silly negativity comments on this forum and dropped. You were the reason why some people didn't reg .xyz's.

Everyone is appreciating me in the sales thread. What you did to this forum? Waste of time.
Did you post any sales of you?
Just watch back all your threads, what are you doing in this forum?
I really tried to stop, I mean really tried not to post again but you are beginning to p==s me off........

Any rational, logical or detrimental comment made about this extension and you are down voting and making stupid comments like this?

People are liking and thanking you for sharing sales data - people can choose not to if they want - many successful domainers do not publicly post their sales........

This is a public forum, again people can post what they want in relation to domains/domaining......

Save yourself from the comments and stop posting your sales data and upselling comments on .xyz or don't engage at all........

Ignoring people want stop them commenting on .xyz topics and you really don't engage in discussion so I doubt he is really going to give 2 sh*ts.......

I'll await your down votes..........

•••
It was priced 79888. I really didnt know it was a popular TM. (I am based in india). So i wanted to give it up.

1649946533257.png

•••
I like what your doing Swetha - you've earnt the sales that are coming your way......

But

Your statement is contractionary - saying someone is trolling because they are trying to divert people to other extensions apart from .xyz and then saying it's time to buy more .xyz.......

Come on.......

People need to stop believing the hype, do their own research and make an informed decision based on the facts....

And the facts are that you are the only consistent seller of .xyz domains in the x,xxx range and above because through foresight you amassed a a huge portfolio of quality domains - telling people to buy more .xyz is irresponsible as they are feeding off the scraps.....

A lot of fools on here worship the ground your feet are on because some people like to kiss a**e and can't think for themselves.....

As I said your doing a great job but don't have a pop at someone when you are doing the same thing........
Those people never stop attacking .xyz since 2016 because they had a feeling deep inside heart that .xyz is the only extension that could upended.com, they didn’t want to believe it and now they are full of jealousy that leads them become a troll, to me it’s like a lot of people on here wasting their time to reg trash super long characters .com and worship it as “king” that’s real irresponsible just as you said above, the fact is there are no room for .com especially for dictionary words and if you check out her portfolio you can see she also reg a lot of two words .xyz’s, it demonstrates she simply believes it is the future, .xyz for web3 is a real deal, people still have chances for good two words domains.

•••
scroll back to page 1 when you definitely 100% already known there are many web3 crypto companies adopted .xyz for their sites (https://tldinvestors.com/2022/01/top-20-xyz-domain-name-sales-of-2021.html) and you are pretending unacknowledged and deny it
You are wrong - I don't and didn't.

Long version:
Sorry but you are always the first person who started it, scroll back to page 1 when you definitely 100% already known there are many web3 crypto companies adopted .xyz for their sites (https://tldinvestors.com/2022/01/top-20-xyz-domain-name-sales-of-2021.html) and you are pretending unacknowledged and deny it, then you tried to give some nonsense evidence to claim .xyz are no value by all means, that’s clear a troll will do.
And overall you want to pretend as an innocent person who’s talking about the “fact”.
It seems that you just see what you want to see and then extrapolate from there.

@Mkt Sales Leads asserted the opposite of what you think he did, he said XYZs are getting interest outside of crypto/nft/fintech... l👀k here...

Looks like xyz is gaining interest outside of Crypto/ Nft / fintech

I disagreed, So what? and asked for examples

As for the above I honestly don't have a clue what this has to do with anything I've said in this thread. People wasting money? Yes, they're wasting money. It shouldn't be encouraged, just like newbs shouldn't be encouraged to try and replicate their favorite XYZer without exercising caution.

All I did is added additional context to some sales, suck it up cause it's real.

Last edited:
•••

CLINIQUE: reputation alone may not cure trademark's inherent weakness​

Jacobacci & Partners

Jacobacci & Partners logo
European Union, Italy April 5 2017
In a recently published decision (Civil Division, Section I, December 7 2016, no 25168) the Court of Cassation held that although the trademark CLINIQUE was well known in the European Union, its reputation was insufficient to overcome the weakness of the trademark and its inherent lack of distinctiveness.
Background Clinique Laboratories LLC, a US company within the Estee Lauder Group and a leader in the cosmetic products market, brought an action against Beauty Full Srl for unfair competition and infringement of the CLINIQUE trademark before the Court of Milan.
Clinique owns several device and word trademarks specifically directed to or including the CLINIQUE mark, related to products and services in Classes 3, 42 and 44. Clinique sued Beauty Full over its use of marks including the term 'Clinique' (eg, DERMACLINIQUE and DERMACLINIQUE BEAUTY FARM) in connection with its own cosmetic products.
Beauty Full successfully defended its position at first and second-instance proceedings. Clinique appealed to the Court of Cassation, which confirmed the lower courts’ rulings.
Court of Cassation decision In upholding the Milan Court of Appeal’s decision, the Court of Cassation held that despite being well known in the European Union and having acquired reputation, the CLINIQUE mark had not acquired strength through distinctiveness.
The starting point of the court’s reasoning was that the term 'Clinique' was similar to the corresponding Italian noun for clinic ('clinica') and the Italian adjective for clinical ('clinico'), and was a foreign term easily understood in the Italian language and sometimes used in its foreign form in the healthcare field.
Thus, the CLINIQUE mark fell into the category of weak trademarks – that is, marks strictly connected to their related products or services, which as a result are considered poorly distinctive.
The court found that the trademark at issue, due to its intensive use over the years and the differences between the medical and pharmaceutical sectors and the cosmetics field, had acquired a certain degree of reputation and secondary meaning. However, this reputation was insufficient to overcome the mark’s inherent weakness, which affected the strength of the protection afforded to the sign.
Therefore, the Court of Cassation upheld the Milan Court of Appeal’s decision, confirming that Beauty Full’s actions did not constitute infringement, counterfeiting or unfair competition. The court stated that small alterations to weak trademarks are sufficient to prevent confusion and, accordingly, concluded that even the slight differences between the trademarks at issue were sufficient to distinguish the Beauty Full marks from the CLINIQUE mark.
Comment The Court of Cassation decision embraces a restrictive interpretation of Article 13 of the IP Code, which relates to distinctiveness, by concluding that achieving secondary meaning does not necessarily cure the weak nature of a trademark. The court found that weakness remains when a sign does not possess the inherent capability of being highly distinctive.
This decision raises doubts as to the court’s reasoning concerning distinctive character since it did not discuss the perception of the CLINIQUE trademark by the relevant consumers.
Some Italian legal authorities have taken the blanket position that words that are descriptive in a foreign language cannot become valid trademarks in Italy. However, the courts have generally disregarded this approach as too narrow. Indeed, the European Court of Justice has stated that the main criteria should be how consumers perceive the sign at issue. If the Court of Cassation had applied such criteria, it should have given more weight to the distinctiveness acquired by CLINIQUE over the years.
Looking at the market through the eyes of a consumer would have allowed the court to conclude that, due to advertising campaigns and strategies carried out by Clinique Labs, and given its widespread presence on the cosmetics market, the CLINIQUE mark had acquired distinctiveness in Italy rising to the level of secondary meaning. In other words, there was a direct connection between the term and the company's products or services in the minds of relevant consumers.
As a long-time Italian consumer of Clinique’s products, I personally believe that not only has CLINIQUE acquired a strong reputation in Italy, but also that this reputation has cured any inherent weakness of the trademark since the connection to the company is now clear.
This article first appeared in IAM. For further information please visit www.iam-media.com.
Jacobacci & Partners - Alessandra Naia

•••
I'm not sure why people are congratulating her for the sale of Clinique. Famous aged world renowned trademark and nothing else.

•••
I'm not sure why people are congratulating her for the sale of Clinique. Famous aged world renowned trademark and nothing else.
I agree. There have been a lot of other sales that are far more generic.

I don't think a company buying their TM term for clear brand protection reasons is really something to celebrate.
It is not an .XYZ thing. That is true with any extension.

Brad

•••
Well, someone just sold web3pay.xyz for $10500.

Attachments

• 0775A94F-E872-463D-BD59-08749687CC9F.jpeg
    0775A94F-E872-463D-BD59-08749687CC9F.jpeg
    629.4 KB · Views: 103
•••
I'm just reviewing yesterdays huge stash of reported XYZ sales:

1649327370300.png

Let's compare them to .info sales:

1649327424542.png

.io

1649327455923.png

.co
1649327477057.png

.com (first page):

screencapture-namebio-2022-04-07-11_31_47.png

In my view .xyz isn’t worse a bit than .com
Sorry, as an investment, I have to disagree based on the above

Update: You can down vote in secret as often as you want, it doesn't make me wrong. It just means you're not adding anything meaningful to the conversation.

Last edited:
•••
I have been a NP member for 15 years and have (0) people on my ignore list.

This is a public forum, not an echo chamber.

People are not "haters". Many of the comments were very reasonable.

You are basically a unicorn, really the only person putting up steady high dollar sales in .XYZ, so it comes with the territory.

It is not like terms like Anagram, Clinique, etc. sold for high dollars because they are naturally amazing terms. It is what happens with large portfolios in any extension. It is quantity domaining.

Other terms like Pluto, Fortress, Momentum, Bolt, Glow, Alliance, Quest. etc. are much higher quality. These quality of terms eventually finding buyers is far more predictable.

I am not sure why you seem to be so offended by anyone asking any questions, or pointing out it is a numbers game. That is not something that should be offensive. You had the foresight to register these domains when you did, and kept renewing them when the extension was on life support.

Brad
I don't think Swetha denies the volume of her names. She's talked about this with Raymond @equity78 in previous interviews.
It's the suggestions that xyz is worthless and that her sales are fake / the result of some dodgy collusion with the xyz registry / crypto companies / the result of having a marketing / sales team etc which have followed every sale made.

Just as some complain the regular downvotes get annoying, a similar complaint could be made against those who claim to be innocently questioning how Swetha does it, when in reality it seems constant covert criticism.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Will u say the same thing to three words .xyz are nothing if two words started making good sales?
In my view .xyz isn’t worse a bit than .com and I’ve already counted/admitted Swetha being a role as the main wholesaler so that you could buy dictionary’s from her and mark up for 6 figures for next coming years like some of early renowned domainers did for .com, I think she’s offering a reasonable price as she being that role and guess she would eventually have risen the prices to 6-7 figures as time goes on.

no offence but if u.one.of em dudes who thinks xyz is like com then we so far apart we got nothing to discuss.

I'll sum her up tho..

swetha has 99percent of most sellable names..99percent of those.are 1word.

2word.xyz will.never work like 1word xyz. in fact they will hardly work.at all

nobody will ever match her consistent 4 or 5fig.sales. pure math stats. but this doesnt mean u cant dream about it like many here do.

will we.see a few lucky 1word.sales.from others.. sure.. some lucky niche sales..crypto or meta. etc...sure... unlikely 5fig tho....

should u waste yer time watching her make big.regular sales.and thinking it can be u. no.

•••
Well, someone just sold web3pay.xyz for $10500.

yes and I just explained occasional lucky sales versus consistent big sales week after week

good for the.seller tho

•••
•••

With respect, the argument in this thread started because we were told this, which I refuted:

Well done @DNGear
I have received no valuable evidence to the contrary.

But anyway, lets look at the context surrounding the sales you have highlighted:
  1. Web3pay (web3 obviously) and Handcrafted.xyz (unknown, no website)... user admits to overpaying for domains unlike Swetha and is staunch defender of Swetha and XYZ in September 2020 acknowledged that Swetha had picked up all of the good dictionary word XYZ names, twice which is what most people have been saying.

2. Pastry... web3 website. User previously said in 2017 they had over 100 XYZ names but nearly all of those mentioned have dropped since this post, funnily enough they're all pretty much all owned by you now Swetha (eg Binoular.xyz, hydraulic.xyz, blower.xyz, garter.xyz, chromium.xyz, pesticides.xyz, paramedic.xyz, silica.xyz) according to the whois. XYZ portfolio currently stands at 72 so has bought back in despite previous failure.

3. Two low $XXX sales. User says they hold over 400 .XYZ names and according to that post they're not renewing 90% of them member since May 2020. How were they encouraged as a newb to waste so much money on so many .99 cent regs? It's not a mystery.

4. Petalite... a random mineral... so definitely a web3 acquisition imho, however user owns 4,600+ XYZ names purchased since 2 months ago (That's a lot of names to buy in a short period) and this is their first .XYZ domain sale as mentioned in the post.
None of these are exactly shining beacons that the Swetha effect can be replicated. However their contributions DO allow us to build up a picture about XYZ and their contributions as such are appreciated. But just pointing out some sales isn't enough like some kind've mic-drop moment. As @alcy frequently mentions, ROI is important, not just individual sale prices.

Nobody is bringing anyone down, it's just reality and context. Be careful what you invest in or believe folks!

Last edited:
•••
Since clinique (translation of clinic) is indeed a dictionary term in French, I would argue in her defense that she also had the foresight to register the most popular dictionary terms in XYZ in many other languages. An example of this is "koffie" (translation of coffee) in Dutch.

•••
Nice sale. It is a trademark though as mentioned in the article.
Clinique is a regular word in French, like "clinic" in English.
So the protection is limited. They cannot close all clinics in all French speaking countries...

•••

Well done @DNGear

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back