Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SOLD

Sale price: $488
Purchase price: Hand Reg
Hold time: 94 Days
Venue: Afternic

SOLD.jpg

•••
Sale venue: Dan.com
Hold time: 437 days
Purchase price: $30 SAV auctions
Sale price: $1500 ($1365 payout after fees) - BIN was $2588

VC.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
L o k j i . c o m

- sold for $977 on Sedo, BIN
- registered for $7.99 with Epik
- hold time 7 months
Seems to be a name.

Attachments

• Lokjicom.jpg
    Lokjicom.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
•••
o/r/a/n/g/e/c/a/n/n/a/b/i/s .co
Sales Price: $100
Sales Venue: Afternic (Not FT)
Hand Reg 99 cents

When I first started I registered a bunch of names for foolish reasons, however as time has gone by, I have learned and tried to improve my domaining. I dropped price to $100 and it sold a few hours later, I am currently shifting my strategy to closeouts/expiring domains (90% com and sprinkle in a few co, org and net) and going to fire sale the .co I registered for 99 cents to clear them out and I don't want to look at them anymore lol. Either way was a positive learning experience, profitable, but have to evolve and accept where I perform better and scale up those successes to become more consistent.

No Further Details.

•••
Anagram.xyz sold for $29888 @DAN.COM
Clinique.xyz sold for $8888 @Afternic

No further details please. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Haters will say this is Fake but while they were busy pulling down their fellow domainers, casting aspersions, calling them lier who fakes sales, I was looking for opportunities and since I couldn't afford the 4 figure Auction names, I looked for overlooked keywords in Web3 and Crypto.

This is my second XYZ sale out of a little over 200 that I hold.

Hand Crafted in December 2021 for $0.69
Sold for $10500

Without the generous sharing/reporting of sales by @DNGear , this would not have been possible.
Grateful to her and all the others who bring a positivity to the industry.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 9.53.58 AM.png

•••
P a s t r y (.xyz)
$1495 Afternic Bin
Handreg + 7 renewals
Dan lander (increased price to $3988 last month), same at Sedo. However, forgot to update my price at Afternic.
Payment received after one day.

1649366856596.png

•••
c/e/r/t/i/k .xyz
Sales Price: $100
Sales Venue: Sedo MLS
Hand Reg 99 cents

s/t/o/c/k/c/h/a/r/t/s .xyz
Sales Price: $150
Sales Venue: Dan
Hand reg 99 cents

As mentioned on last sale, cleaning up a lot of garbage and xyz names that I had hand registered when I first began domaining (~400 hand regs at 99 cent promo). These names were registered when I was less informed and had no clue what the heck I was doing (still learning every day, but learning curve is speeding up nicely imo) and I am happy to use these funds to upgrade my portfolio with 15-20 .com drop/GD closeouts instead of renewing and pricing these names much higher and waiting for a sale in a few years. I am a firm believer in xyz and within the last 6 months or so (doing the grind/research every day that is necessary to have more consistent results) I have acquired what I believe to be many 4 figure xyz names and some possible 5 fig names as well. These were in a promo batch that I don't want to look at anymore/will not renew 90% of that initial promo batch and are expiring in 30 days. I have given a lot of details, but just want to help others and also share my experiences as I grow in domaining.

No Further Details

•••
Domain name: Petalite // (dot) // XYZ
Sale venue: Afternic Manual Transfer (Apr 7, 2022)
Lander: DNS to DAN (EUR 920 BIN)
Listing type: BIN on Afternic
Asking price: USD 1,090 BIN
Sale price: USD 1,090
Afternic Fees: 20%
Purchase venue: Porkbun (Mar 30, 2022)
Purchase price: USD 0.98
Details: hold time 8 days
Note: First XYZ I've sold; still experimenting and tuning
Note: I never do any outbound

Last edited:
•••
p - s b . c o m

- sold for $1,000 on Afternic, BIN
- bought in 2019 (accidently registered for longer time period 5 years)

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220407.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220407.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 90
•••
Antic.xyz sold for $10000 @Lumis.com / @Escrow
Paragraph.xyz sold for $9888 @Afternic

No further details please. Thank you.
Paragraph.png
Antic.png

Last edited:
•••
Domain: B // A // N // G // B // U // D // D // Y // dot COM (Please don't write it out for privacy)
Sales venue: Direct contact via WHOIS
Hold time: Since April 2019
Purchase price: $526
Sales price: $100,000 via installments through 5 years, payment each month, first payment received today.

•••
Sold few weeks ago,
My first .org sale,
CryptoCash in Org
For $800
@ Afternic make offer.
Hodl time 1+ year.
Acquired for high $xx

Last edited:
•••
Playbacks.xyz - €75
hold time few days, regfee 0.98, outbound.

EDIT: these small sales are for the course on *How to start domainin with $20*, so don't get me wrong. End buyer was domain investor.

Last edited:
•••
Drop reg october 2021, no further details
1649518877965.png

•••
Screenshot_20220410_063906.jpg

SH

Handreg + renewal

holdtime 19 months

•••
Screenshot_20220410_064546.jpg

$300

reg'd price $11

6 months hold

•••
Screenshot_20220410_064913.jpg

$500 DAN

bought for $39 @ GD Expired auction + transfer

HT 15 months

•••
Screenshot_20220410_065309.jpg

4 months hold

DAN, backordered $10.88

•••
Screenshot_20220410_065628.jpg

Dynadot expired auction $25.99 + renewal transfer

ht 19 months

DAN

•••
Screenshot_20220410_070208.jpg

Handreg

Holdtime 10months

Afternic

•••
$404

DAN make offer

5 months hodl

handreg.
Screenshot_20220410_070640.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Pleased to inform you that my second XYZ MetaHollywood domain name was sold through Afternic. The sale lander was at DAN. Even though I have over 5k domains, I never had any inbound sales opportunities through DAN, but their service is really wonderful! The interesting thing is that the current domain is also prefixed with the keyword 'Meta' like my previous name MetaWin/XYZ that was sold recently. I am proud that my first name sold MetaWin/XYZ now has online under a large corporate meta banner with the same name. I also have a few hundred meta prefixed names in the same batch, and I hope it will be sold soon as well! Thank you.

Untitled.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back