NameSilo

sales The Estee Lauder Company Acquires .XYZ from Sweetha portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Swetha luck is quality from a pile of big quantity, simple as that.
The sales we see are the quality ones, that is why make sure when investing in xyz to get the quality ones.
Of course here also works the tactic get your pile as big as you can to own them all, in the end people buy from your pile.

u sound like someone who did not see her sales..many or most are low end very avg one word... just ccheck her sales.

but that's fine.. cause it does not.matter when u have 20k of those words and better ones too... the secret everyone knows is... 20k names... almost all 1word.

u.do.the math and understand how many 1word names that leaves for others

again this is not to.downgrade her... it's to make others stop dreaming.

•••
Amusing and sad. Only fitting you own shrewd and subtle.
I believe your sales and xyz are for real. Maybe to a minority at this point
Keep questioning guys and keep searching for mistakes. I see some strange things when in archives etc, but nothing wrong. You simply know things we dont. Traffic, offers, people
May your new year treat you as well or better than this one.
And for the noobs, swetha been attacked quite bad for years, no proof tho. Not like AD
@MadAboutDomains is being quite nice, questioning xyz, some in the past have been nasty
Looking around, i see chris dropped his full name in xyz, thats strange
Things have just changed. Some accept it, some embrace it and some have simply left

https://www.namepros.com/threads/llll-xyz-domains-only-60-cents-each-epik.1193223/
Some nice names were in there, i see kips.xyz 2 years ago
I announced on here a few months ago that stream.xyz was available and someone got it. At least that's a good name in the extension. A premium reg though obviously, 3k a year.

Those 4 letter ones won't sell, I saw someone yesterday trying to flog theirs, a big long list of them.

Thanks for acknowledging my moderate approach.

Such a waste of money.

Last edited:
•••
Again to the down voters that think I post things without being able to quantify it, here's someone selling MANY 4 letter .XYZ names for $4

https://www.namepros.com/threads/al...xyz-mette-xyz-scienza-xyz-ambien-xyz.1270681/

and people giving away xyz names
https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-names-xyz-expired-discriminated-xyz-extravagantly-xyz.1270609/

Good investments... no.

Those 4Ls are nonsense - that's nothing to do with the extension, so your argument against xyz isn't really furthered.

•••
•••
Go on @Jimmysun tell everyone what "nonsense proofs" I provided...
The proof you provided is like oh see this guy here https://www.namepros.com/threads/should-i-drop-or-renew-these-domains-niche-scan-com.1267466/

and also this: https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-have-200-5l-com-domain-but-no-sell.1266979/#post-8531972

And that: https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-there-anything-wrong-with-my-choice-of-domains.1241337/[/URL]

so yeah because of that .com has no value. I can find tons of them, so yeah you're trolling.

Last edited:
•••
In fact, "clinique" is a French word and is an archaic spelling of "clinic" in English.

While I were shaking my head at all the "It's a TM!" - posts, I was just waiting for this post.

•••
While I were shaking my head at all the "It's a TM!" - posts, I was just waiting for this post.

ADDITION

Just to avoid any possible misunderstanding ... sure, this term (no need to write "generic" term because terms are generic in general, that's why they are terms) is (used as) a TM, owned by the named company (and maybe by other companies in other trading classes or areas) but the point is that it is first and foremost a term (its language doesn't matter) which thus belongs to every person, everywhere ; )

TMs are one thing, terms are another, no one can purchase terms ...

... but (TMs and) domain names!

@Robbie
The xyz's queen's name name isn't "Sweetha" but "Swetha".

•••
So what we can see in this thread is that ESTEE LAUDER's (or AFTERNIC's (GODADDY's (?))) "final and best" (offer ($ 5,000.00 USD)) ...

1649963255262.png

What you see above is a part of a (red marked) screenshot (of a part of a screenshot) taken from post #81 of this thread.

... was not their top offer (as their agreement (at least this is what one can assume) to xyz's queen's counter offer ($ 8,888.00 USD) can be considered as "their" top offer).

On a side note but in regards to "best and final" offers ...
... will Elon Musk stick to his "best and final" offer for TWITTER - in other words, will it be his top offer?

1649963438934.png

What you see above is a part of a (marked) screenshot (of a part of a screenshot) taken from the following BLOOMBERG article:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-14/elon-musk-launches-43-billion-hostile-takeover-of-twitter?msclkid=67e04588bc2311ecac1c2b07ced66593

Or won't his ("best and final") offer be his top offer?

Last edited:
•••
... term (no need to write "generic" term because terms are generic in general, that's why they are terms) is ...

I noticed that I have to correct myself here.

In my quoted post (line), I confused the term "generic" with the term "descriptive", thus the outcome is nonsense.

So whoever readed it, is welcome to consider reading it again - but now with "descriptive" (which is what I actually meant) instead of "generic", then my statement makes sense ...

... term (no need to write "descriptive" term because terms are descriptive in general, that's why they are terms) is ...

... thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Clinique is a regular word in French, like "clinic" in English.
So the protection is limited. They cannot close all clinics in all French speaking countries...
Would Apple go after all greengrocers with Apple at the start of their name?

•••
I am going to have to call BS on this one. How many French words do you have in your portfolio? And if you didn't know it was a trademark, what would ever possess you to price the word "clinic" in French at nearly 80k USD? I call "bullshit".
Why can't she price a one word in French at 80k in a circumstance without knowing it's a TM?

•••
At 2 quid a pop I don't mind taking a punt for the first year. I just bought 4 xyz names for less than a kebab. If they don't sell within a year, does it really matter. Plus all this bickering is crazy. People can buy whatever they want with their own money. Peace ..

•••
So Swetha, how many French terms do you have in your portfolio of xyz domains? Can you list them here? You have done really well with your sales and I applaud you.

•••
Petalite... a random mineral... so definitely a web3 acquisition imho
Not this time :xf.grin:

The .xyz redirects to the existing co.uk version of Petalite Limited, UK, a company specializing in EV charging technology.

Last edited:
•••
Can't believe how fast .xyz has gotten transaction in the first & secondary market.

Me neither, it's up to about 4-6 sales a day now at an average of $368 USD. Whopping traction.

1649198044772.png

•••
•••
Not really if you think there's nobody worth talking to on here. I think there's hope, but this obsession with trying to make newbies perceive that XYZ is popular or a good investment when all signs point to IT ISN'T is tiring.

Being called a troll and down voted for asking perfectly reasonable questions is offensive and wrong. Those conducting such activities should have their abilities to do so revoked. It's bad for the community.
I think we all want a positive, healthy community. I agree with you there

Regardless of opinion, think I'd rather cheer someone on in the community that pulls off wonderful sales, without too much a** kissing, than justifying / dissecting every bit of how someone is successful, how they do it, what their angle is, their timing, how lucky they got...some people doing that, unnecessarily toxic. I look at it with respect, taking advantage of XYZ the way she has. Simply bravo, as far as I'm concerned

Last edited:
•••
I was thinking also that maybe G/o/o/g/l/e buys it's own domains to pump the XYZ TLD up.
imo

•••
🤗
Nothing like a little contraversy however the eff you spell it.
This business is so corrupt no wonder there are doubters and liars.
Far more liars. I am not accusing anyone, but its pretty hard to fool me as i have quite the unorthodox way of seeking answers.
Really breaks my 💔 to sed the bickering and blocking haha
Yes it's a shame. Out of interest is the context I attempted to add to these sales a lie or is it useful information?

•••
Beloved all.

I hate to see people I appreciate are now arguing over a few letters of the alphabet :unsure:

A reference has been made to my recent investment in this XYZ TLD. I'd like to say that I'm only doing this because it's extremely affordable the first year, and I think there are still some interesting terms available. I don't just recommend any random person on this forum to do the same. For me it's an experiment for now and I have priced most of my XYZ domains relatively low, with a few exceptions. The experiment will last at least a year, after that I can't keep all XYZ's at all. For now, my investment in this TLD is very marginal compared to other domains in my core portfolio that I hold for a longer period (including my .coms).

I wish everyone good luck and good sales in any TLD (or any other non-domain investment).
Thanks for telling us more! I hope that what I said was not mischaracterising your investment, the down votes on my post appear to insinuate that I'm somehow lying about what I wrote but I was trying to give additional context. It's a lot of domains to buy in a short period so the question is indeed, how could one possibly afford it without the sales.

•••
Those 4 letter ones won't sell, I saw someone yesterday trying to flog theirs, a big long list of them.

Again to the down voters that think I post things without being able to quantify it, here's someone selling MANY 4 letter .XYZ names for $4

https://www.namepros.com/threads/al...xyz-mette-xyz-scienza-xyz-ambien-xyz.1270681/

and people giving away xyz names
https://www.namepros.com/threads/free-names-xyz-expired-discriminated-xyz-extravagantly-xyz.1270609/

Good investments... no.

•••
Go on @Jimmysun tell everyone what "nonsense proofs" I provided...

•••
It's the suggestions that xyz is worthless and that her sales are fake / the result of some dodgy collusion with the xyz registry / crypto companies / the result of having a marketing / sales team etc which have followed every sale made.
Yes, but nobody has mentioned any of these things in this thread and people are still being treated as if they have.

Just as some complain the regular downvotes get annoying, a similar complaint could be made against those who claim to be innocently questioning how Swetha does it, when in reality it seems constant covert criticism.
...and she started it... again. She called us trolls as the first thing she said for a perfectly reasonable discussion (Since deleted by mods).

Anyway I'm done talking about her, we didn't bring her up, I'm sick of trying to justify talking about XYZ as if we're talking about her. We were talking about XYZ and the fact it's a trademark.

Last edited:
•••
Since clinique (translation of clinic) is indeed a dictionary term in French, I would argue in her defense that she also had the foresight to register the most popular dictionary terms in XYZ in many other languages. An example of this is "koffie" (translation of coffee) in Dutch.
It was priced 79888. I really didnt know it was a popular TM. (I am based in india). So i wanted to give it up.

Show attachment 214039

Thanks for sharing that. You made a good decision IMO.
As a generic term the upside is very limited.

I am not sure anyone accused you of targeting TM holders or anything.

I just thought it was a weird sale to highlight as it was a brand protection purchase by a famous TM holder. You have made far better sales, for far better terms.

Brad

•••
Correct me if I am wrong because I wasn't in the business when other tlds were being hyped as .com killers. I remember commercials for .TV registrations on TV and I remember other hypes like .biz and .us.

xyz seems to be doing what .co and the others couldn't do. Attract end users. If the XYZ craze doesn't fizzle out like the others, then two things would have to happen... lay people would have to learn what a TLD is or browsers will end up hiding extensions entirely like the default settings on Windows that hides .txt, .exe, etc. As things go mobile and more and more sights encourage you to use their app, the TLD your website is on will be less relevant. Those of us holding valuable .coms can be left holding massive bags when suddenly end users have 1000 different TLD alternatives that are all equally weighted in the eyes of consumers.

That's my guess of why people are against .xyz.
xyz symbolized web3 in image that's the reason end users, devs like it due to it can easily be linked with Ethereum name service as their wallet address.
It's unlikely hiding extensions in default on browsers it has to show the definite destination of the website, unlike app and windows there is a download progress in between app store and mobile/windows desktop as you don't need to know the exact address to enter in the search bar in your devices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back