Dynadot

sales The Estee Lauder Company Acquires .XYZ from Sweetha portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
xyz symbolized web3 in image that's the reason end users, devs like it due to it can easily be linked with Ethereum name service as their wallet address.
It's unlikely hiding extensions in default on browsers it has to show the definite destination of the website, unlike app and windows there is a download progress in between app store and mobile/windows desktop as you don't need to know the exact address to enter in the search bar in your devices.

some link or connection between web3 and xyz exists only in yer mind. and u know it not.

•••
•••
They wouldn't have dropped some good .xyz's. They might have listened your silly negativity comments on this forum and dropped. You were the reason why some people didn't reg .xyz's.

Everyone is appreciating me in the sales thread. What you did to this forum? Waste of time.
Did you post any sales of you?
Just watch back all your threads, what are you doing in this forum?
Yes, it was my negativity in 2017 that caused @4better to drop a load of his domains and fo ryou to pick them up between 2018 and 2020. That makes sense when I only started talking about XYZ domains on this forum properly on September 21st 2021.

It has nothing to do with the number of XYZ registrations going from 5.6 million to 2.6 million or anything, or did I cause that too?

1649425531586.png

I suppose it's me who's causing @Greek23 to drop 90% of his original promo regs in the next 30 days?

I suppose it was my negativity that made @Future Sensors invest in 4,600 XYZ names in the past few months, too?

Off topic bull***t meets reality.

You have a problem with me adding as much context to sales a possible. As long as you're creaming in the cash that's all that matters!

•••
Beloved all.

I hate to see people I appreciate are now arguing over a few letters of the alphabet :unsure:

A reference has been made to my recent investment in this XYZ TLD. I'd like to say that I'm only doing this because it's extremely affordable the first year, and I think there are still some interesting terms available. I don't just recommend any random person on this forum to do the same. For me it's an experiment for now and I have priced most of my XYZ domains relatively low, with a few exceptions. The experiment will last at least a year, after that I can't keep all XYZ's at all. For now, my investment in this TLD is very marginal compared to other domains in my core portfolio that I hold for a longer period (including my .coms).

I wish everyone good luck and good sales in any TLD (or any other non-domain investment).

•••
Amusing and sad. Only fitting you own shrewd and subtle.
I believe your sales and xyz are for real. Maybe to a minority at this point
Keep questioning guys and keep searching for mistakes. I see some strange things when in archives etc, but nothing wrong. You simply know things we dont. Traffic, offers, people
May your new year treat you as well or better than this one.
And for the noobs, swetha been attacked quite bad for years, no proof tho. Not like AD
@MadAboutDomains is being quite nice, questioning xyz, some in the past have been nasty
Looking around, i see chris dropped his full name in xyz, thats strange
Things have just changed. Some accept it, some embrace it and some have simply left

https://www.namepros.com/threads/llll-xyz-domains-only-60-cents-each-epik.1193223/
Some nice names were in there, i see kips.xyz 2 years ago

•••
•••
I was thinking also that maybe G/o/o/g/l/e buys it's own domains to pump the XYZ TLD up.
imo
ShoutOut nevertheless 👍👍👍👍

•••
•••
She has proved herself again to be Queen of the .xyz. congrats to buyer an seller. Ty Mr. Robbie. (hey if you get a sec add paypal to your blog so i can get you a cup of coffee. ty. )

•••
Correct me if I am wrong because I wasn't in the business when other tlds were being hyped as .com killers. I remember commercials for .TV registrations on TV and I remember other hypes like .biz and .us.

xyz seems to be doing what .co and the others couldn't do. Attract end users. If the XYZ craze doesn't fizzle out like the others, then two things would have to happen... lay people would have to learn what a TLD is or browsers will end up hiding extensions entirely like the default settings on Windows that hides .txt, .exe, etc. As things go mobile and more and more sights encourage you to use their app, the TLD your website is on will be less relevant. Those of us holding valuable .coms can be left holding massive bags when suddenly end users have 1000 different TLD alternatives that are all equally weighted in the eyes of consumers.

That's my guess of why people are against .xyz.

•••
no offence but if u.one.of em dudes who thinks xyz is like com then we so far apart we got nothing to discuss.

I'll sum her up tho..

swetha has 99percent of most sellable names..99percent of those.are 1word.

2word.xyz will.never work like 1word xyz. in fact they will hardly work.at all

nobody will ever match her consistent 4 or 5fig.sales. pure math stats. but this doesnt mean u cant dream about it like many here do.

will we.see a few lucky 1word.sales.from others.. sure.. some lucky niche sales..crypto or meta. etc...sure... unlikely 5fig tho....

should u waste yer time watching her make big.regular sales.and thinking it can be u. no.

She doesn't own "all" the good dictionary words in .xyz. I own Marketcaps.xyz.

•••
this is why "domainers" have bad reputations in the business and marketing communities IMO selling company trademarked domains is never professional IMO

Last edited:
•••
Nike is a mythological god - so go on and register Nike.xyz - good luck!

•••
•••
Not this time :xf.grin:

The .xyz redirects to the existing co.uk version of Petalite Limited, UK, a company specializing in EV charging technology.
I'll be right about something one of these days, you watch! :sneaky:

Nice, good to see a UK company doing some domain name investing... they can by my domains chargemycar.uk and chargeyourcar.uk if they want

Last edited:
•••
Those people never stop attacking .xyz since 2016 because they had a feeling deep inside heart that .xyz is the only extension that could upended.com, they didn’t want to believe it and now they are full of jealousy that leads them become a troll, to me it’s like a lot of people on here wasting their time to reg trash super long characters .com and worship it as “king” that’s real irresponsible just as you said above, the fact is there are no room for .com especially for dictionary words and if you check out her portfolio you can see she also reg a lot of two words .xyz’s, it demonstrates she simply believes it is the future, .xyz for web3 is a real deal, people still have chances for good two words domains.
Using the troll line is becoming boring and repetitive.......Who the hell is jealous? I see no responses in all these .xyz threads showing that......I don't give 2 sh*ts what people spend their money on, if they want to feed off scraps or pay through the nose on the aftermarket then let them do it......

I do get interested when people get so defensive when asked legitimate questions and instead of answering them they decide to pass them off as trolls or respond with sarcastic or negative posts or memes.........

The law of averages means she will sell a lot of domains, it's just the way it is.......

Pumping up an extension and selling domains on the aftermarket is an interesting line of conversation that seems to not be happening......

•••
With respect, the argument in this thread started because we were told this, which I refuted:

I have received no valuable evidence to the contrary.

But anyway, lets look at the context surrounding the sales you have highlighted:
  1. Web3pay (web3 obviously) and Handcrafted.xyz (unknown, no website)... user admits to overpaying for domains unlike Swetha and is staunch defender of Swetha and XYZ in September 2020 acknowledged that Swetha had picked up all of the good dictionary word XYZ names, twice which is what most people have been saying.

2. Pastry... web3 website. User previously said in 2017 they had over 100 XYZ names but nearly all of those mentioned have dropped since this post, funnily enough they're all pretty much all owned by you now Swetha (eg Binoular.xyz, hydraulic.xyz, blower.xyz, garter.xyz, chromium.xyz, pesticides.xyz, paramedic.xyz, silica.xyz) according to the whois. XYZ portfolio currently stands at 72 so has bought back in despite previous failure.

3. Two low $XXX sales. User says they hold over 400 .XYZ names and according to that post they're not renewing 90% of them member since May 2020. How were they encouraged as a newb to waste so much money on so many .99 cent regs? It's not a mystery.

4. Petalite... a random mineral... so definitely a web3 acquisition imho, however user owns 4,600+ XYZ names purchased since 2 months ago (That's a lot of names to buy in a short period) and this is their first .XYZ domain sale as mentioned in the post.
None of these are exactly shining beacons that the Swetha effect can be replicated. However their contributions DO allow us to build up a picture about XYZ and their contributions as such are appreciated. But just pointing out some sales isn't enough like some kind've mic-drop moment. As @alcy frequently mentions, ROI is important, not just individual sale prices.

Nobody is bringing anyone down, it's just reality and context. Be careful what you invest in or believe folks!
Lol, those links you posted are from one person that couldn’t demonstrate anything about it, even some posts came from 2017, why u put so much energy on downgrading xyz? I think you’re definitely a troll.
And Ps. Keep Saying someone’s sales are not valuable is even worse to calling somebody a troll.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to be on my ignore list @NickB

•••
I know it's trademark ,but URDP won't reported while it's less than 500$

•••
@Mkt Sales Leads asserted the opposite of what you think he did, he said XYZs are getting interest outside of crypto/nft/fintech... l👀k here...
well, if you're talking about outside of Crypto that's even easier to provide 10-15 of them at gen.xyz reports: https://gen.xyz/category/blog/website-wednesday

As for the above I honestly don't have a clue what this has to do with anything I've said in this thread. People wasting money? Yes, they're wasting money. It shouldn't be encouraged, just like newbs shouldn't be encouraged to try and replicate their favorite XYZer without exercising caution.
Of course how silly it is, just a sarcasm that mimicking those proofs you given.

•••
•••
Correct me if I am wrong because I wasn't in the business when other tlds were being hyped as .com killers. I remember commercials for .TV registrations on TV and I remember other hypes like .biz and .us.

xyz seems to be doing what .co and the others couldn't do. Attract end users. If the XYZ craze doesn't fizzle out like the others, then two things would have to happen... lay people would have to learn what a TLD is or browsers will end up hiding extensions entirely like the default settings on Windows that hides .txt, .exe, etc. As things go mobile and more and more sights encourage you to use their app, the TLD your website is on will be less relevant. Those of us holding valuable .coms can be left holding massive bags when suddenly end users have 1000 different TLD alternatives that are all equally weighted in the eyes of consumers.

That's my guess of why people are against .xyz.

Despite all the .com killers like mobile web, social media, new gTLDs, etc., .COM is as valuable and in demand as ever.

I am old enough to remember when .mobi was going to kill .COM and when Frank Schilling called it "AM Radio". :)

Now we have "Web 3". The new "threat" are things that require a complete paradigm shift like Handshake domains, or quasi extensions like Unstoppable domains which require special software and settings.

You also have .eth domains. A domain existing on one specific blockchain. The same blockchain where you can use legacy extensions like COM/NET/ORG as well as .XYZ and others.

Or the metaverse...

Unless something comes along that improves the experience and ease of use for the general public, I don't see much replacing it any time soon.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
this is why "domainers" have bad reputations in the business and marketing communities IMO selling company trademarked domains is never professional IMO

Somebody hasn't been reading the thread it seems.

•••
The word "clinique" cannot be protected in the French speaking countries. Every clinic can use it.

Who needs .xyz?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back