domains Sav.com off to a hot January when it comes to .Xyz domain sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Sav.com has already notched 100 .xyz domain name sales in the first 19 days of January. They had 183 .xyz sales in 2021 according to Namebio. 30 sales have hit the four figure mark. Score.xyz has been the highest sale at $7,350, other top sales include work.xyz, consulting.xyz and tv.xyz, it looks like that is […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Kindred is a solid brand. The term starts more than 1000 domains.

Kindred then a dash starts 217 domains. It is used a decent amount as a brand.
I would consider paying that type of price range for it.

Though what sold is an .XYZ, not a .COM.

Brad
Agree, if you want to promote a brand, a long the lines of family, or connections, like Kindred spirits. Solid. Not sure how we got to it does make sense at reg fee.

•••
Either way, TV.XYZ is either worth it because the extension is worth investing in or it's not. I'm not sure what appeal kindred and campground have in any extension tbh even at regfee in .com.
They are certainly worth more than reg fee in .com.

•••
•••
I have felt the same Brad, I would imagine marketplaces would not allow premium renewals to be listed to solve, I cannot imagine they have systems in place to log every renewal price. I mean some .xyz renewals are $55,000.
They are disclosed - not my domain

Could be slightly clearer imo.... but they do show the renewal price.....

Attachments

• Screenshot (40)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (40)_LI.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
•••

I don't think the average person would see that - much smaller font, at the bottom.

It is clearly of lesser importance on the listing than everything else, probably for obvious reasons.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
What about Afternic and other venues selling domains with premium renewals? Does anyone know if these are disclosed in a transparent manner.
On Afternic (ns5/ns6), for these TLDs, only the lowest registry pricing tiers are listed with price. All more expensive tiers are displayed without price ('may be for sale'). As far as I know, there's no additional notice. Last time I checked was past year, a few months after the launch of the ns5/ns6 landers.

Last edited:
•••
Absurd but fact
Can the sales of kindred and campground for those amounts be verified officially or not? Namebio lists sales that are not reported officially by Afternic.

•••
it's stupid prices
....like on parkio

all this xyz hype is making some rich..

but mostly it's making poor the.poor domainers who pay 4fig.for xyz thinking it will be.5fig sale.. or even pay 3fig thinking it's easy.4fig.sale

unless yer name.is.dngear... u are screwed buying 4fig xyz.names for resale

•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
@Ron Jackson were you able to verify the sale of campground.xyz and kindred.xyz or were they self reported?

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you try "prove" that these are fake sales since you are the one who have been casting aspersions since you started posting about xyz.

The burden of proof is on you, otherwise you are just making wild allegations.

•••
•••
I feel that every marketplace ( dan , afternic , sedo , and other ) have verified data for every domain sales .

If we can't trust a seller report, its better to ask directly to marketplace staff. Not ask for detail sales, but only for clarification. Cause some seller usually mention the sales venue

•••

I meant at the other marketplaces Nick, like when you buy at Sedo or Afternic or GoDaddy.

•••
It is considering neither of these high price domains have been touched since purchase. Not even nameservers updated.

Lol do people expect a site to be setup immediately after a domain purchase? I mean I have multiple domains in .com, io, .co which I sold as far back as 2019 for mid/low/high 4 figures and still forward to the Dan.com "this domain has been deleted" page..

Does this mean they were fake sales? Some of my buyers after spending so much even drop the domain which I re-register.

For all the disbelievers who claim the sales are fake & don't resolve, here are some @DNGear sales from the last 3 months:

Spiral.xyz sold for $24888 & resolves (sold to twitter).
Alliance.xyz sold for $50000 & resolves/redirects.
Squid.xyz sold for $34888 & resolves.
Ante.xyz sold for $19888 & resolves/redirects to a discord server.
Daylight.xyz sold for $14888 & resolves.
Siren.xyz sold for $22310 & resolves.
Stir.xyz sold for $39888 & resolves/redirects.
Runway.xyz sold for $19888 & resolves/redirects to the .com.
Embed.xyz sold for $14888 & resolves to a coming soon lander.
Tribes.xyz sold for $4995 & resolves.
UpShot.xyz sold for $3995 & resolves.
OffBeat.xyz sold for $8988 & resolves.
Valence.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Supercool.xyz sold for $2995 & resolves.
Stratos.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Persuade.xyz sold for $2995 & resolves.
Soba.xyz sold for $4995 & resolves.
Zapper.xyz sold for $7888 & resolves.
Qualia.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Hypothesis.xyz sold for $7888 & resolves.

What these companies all have in common is they have a lot of VC/crypto money & are building products for web3/blockchain/metaverse/gen z. There are things called trends & as we saw with .io being adopted by SAAS companies since like 2013, we are seeing the same with .xyz for web3 companies..

And the whole philosophy of web3 campaigners is to disrupt the old world, so perhaps choosing .xyz over .com is a reflection of that. It's supposed to be edgy and against the grain. Doesn't matter if you like it or think it's ugly or whatever. There are really rich people who like it & are willing to spend a lot to acquire it..

We've also seen a similar boom for .eth domains having crazy high sales for so called obscure words. I mean someone bought mystic.eth for $79,000 yesterday & someone else is offering $47,000 for convict.eth which hasn't been accepted by the seller (yet)..

I myself bought my most expensive domain which is 90% higher than my 2nd highest acquisition in other extensions for like $3000 (smartphone.eth). There's not even a proper way to build stuff that resolves ens domains to a functioning site in current browsers yet & people are still spending crazy amounts which can be verified publicly on the blockchain..

And regarding why words like kindred or campground sell for such amounts, please study a bit about branding & why companies choose certain names. The trend with these web3 companies is to choose quite abstract names for their products..

Kindred & campground both denote connection/working together + are positive which is possibly why the companies who had a high budget decided to go for those names as they may want to build something to do with connecting in the web3 space..

TV & Fitness had lower sales but it was really on seller to properly value their domain & put higher prices. They most likely sold to a reseller or somewhat lucky companies when considering the state of the current xyz market..

Even DNgear undersold metaverse.xyz for like $9k early last year before the whole metaverse + fb/meta hype & trust me that would have been a decent 6 figure sale if it had been held out till Q4 2021. I think Andrew Rosener also undersold metaverse.io for like $100,000 early last year. Like metaverse.eth had a 200 ETH offer ($800,000 at the time) around December 2021. It didn't sell because the owner was asking for $4,000,000..

Last edited:
•••
Lol do people expect a site to be setup immediately after a domain purchase? I mean I have multiple domains in .com, io, .co which I sold as far back as 2019 for mid/low/high 4 figures and still forward to the Dan.com "this domain has been deleted" page..

Does this mean they were fake sales? Some of my buyers after spending so much even drop the domain which I re-register.

For all the disbelievers who claim the sales are fake & don't resolve, here are some @DNGear sales from the last 3 months:

Spiral.xyz sold for $24888 & resolves (sold to twitter).
Alliance.xyz sold for $50000 & resolves/redirects.
Squid.xyz sold for $34888 & resolves.
Ante.xyz sold for $19888 & resolves/redirects to a discord server.
Daylight.xyz sold for $14888 & resolves.
Siren.xyz sold for $22310 & resolves.
Stir.xyz sold for $39888 & resolves/redirects.
Runway.xyz sold for $19888 & resolves/redirects to the .com.
Embed.xyz sold for $14888 & resolves to a coming soon lander.
Tribes.xyz sold for $4995 & resolves.
UpShot.xyz sold for $3995 & resolves.
OffBeat.xyz sold for $8988 & resolves.
Valence.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Supercool.xyz sold for $2995 & resolves.
Stratos.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Persuade.xyz sold for $2995 & resolves.
Soba.xyz sold for $4995 & resolves.
Zapper.xyz sold for $7888 & resolves.
Qualia.xyz sold for $9888 & resolves.
Hypothesis.xyz sold for $7888 & resolves.

What these companies all have in common is they have a lot of VC/crypto money & are building products for web3/blockchain/metaverse/gen z. There are things called trends & as we saw with .io being adopted by SAAS companies since like 2013, we are seeing the same with .xyz for web3 companies..

And the whole philosophy of web3 campaigners is to disrupt the old world, so perhaps choosing .xyz over .com is a reflection of that. It's supposed to be edgy and against the grain. Doesn't matter if you like it or think it's ugly or whatever. There are really rich people who like it & are willing to spend a lot to acquire it..

We've also seen a similar boom for .eth domains having crazy high sales for so called obscure words. I mean someone bought mystic.eth for $79,000 yesterday & someone else is offering $47,000 for convict.eth which hasn't been accepted by the seller (yet)..

I myself bought my most expensive domain which is 90% higher than my 2nd highest acquisition in other extensions for like $3000 (smartphone.eth). There's not even a proper way to build stuff that resolves ens domains to a functioning site in current browsers yet & people are still spending crazy amounts which can be verified publicly on the blockchain..

And regarding why words like kindred or campground sell for such amounts, please study a bit about branding & why companies choose certain names. The trend with these web3 companies is to choose quite abstract names for their products..

Kindred & campground both denote connection/working together + are positive which is possibly why the companies who had a high budget decided to go for those names as they may want to build something to do with connecting in the web3 space..

TV & Fitness had lower sales but it was really on seller to properly value their domain & put higher prices. They most likely sold to a reseller or somewhat lucky companies when considering the state of the current xyz market..

Even DNgear undersold metaverse.xyz for like $9k early last year before the whole metaverse + fb/meta hype & trust me that would have been a decent 6 figure sale if it had been held out till Q4 2021. I think Andrew Rosener also undersold metaverse.io for like $100,000 early last year. Like metaverse.eth had a 200 ETH offer ($800,000 at the time) around December 2021. It didn't sell because the owner was asking for $4,000,000..
Thanks for taking the time to share your insights into XYZ. They are certainly valuable, more valuable than taking offense like others do. (Eg Down voting a post asking for proof of verification of a reported domain sale on a domaining forum? Blows the mind. 🤯)

It's not being a non believer. Asking for verification of domain sales or to see sites being developed is not too much to ask, because it takes more effort to fake a domain sale if there's a real website that's more than just a Dan landing page that can be materialised at the click of a checkbox... Asking questions is important and knowing you're using reliable information to make investments is very important to everyone.

To those subscribers that are lurking and robotically downvoting all of my posts....

Rightly or wrongly I've been through the mill too many times not to see the signs of something that could cause anyone who's unwise to lose perspective and be sucked into wasting money... .biz, .mobi, .app, .uk, .top, .me to name but a few. Take a look through the past sunrise threads, they are chock full of people convincing others that it's the next big thing, this is no different... Or is it? 😉

Having a conversation and sharing your opinion and insight as @alienbaba has done here is about 1 million times more useful to the community than taking things personally as if you own .XYZ or saying "go on Twitter" to find the answer to something they know nothing about. In the words of Joe the potato Biden... C'mon maaaan, help people in this community out, don't discourage genuine inquiry, there's people's hard earned money at stake!!

👇👇 Lol see what I mean

Last edited:
•••
Worst registry ever. I don't recommend them. They will suck your credit card dry with auto-Renewals without your permission. Good luck trying to turn off auto renewals and good luck trying to get your money back. And don't try emailing support. They won't reply. You can only message them from their buggy website.

Also saw this today:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sav-auto-renewal-problem-how-to-refund.1263339/

•••
Worst registry ever. I don't recommend them. They will suck your credit card dry with auto-Renewals without your permission. Good luck trying to turn off auto renewals and good luck trying to get your money back. And don't try emailing support. They won't reply. You can only message them from their buggy website.

Also saw this today:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sav-auto-renewal-problem-how-to-refund.1263339/

they had rough start. most bugs fixed.now.

some auction issues left that's all

still have best prices

autorenewals and bulk changes work.perfect...u just gotta remember to untag expired names..else all fail... took me while to.figure it.too...

other than this tickets slow... but if u tag nick here he can help

I also like their simple ui.. unlike namecheap and other crap...

Last edited:
•••
autorenewals and bulk changes work.perfect...u just gotta remember to Montag expired names..else all fail... took me while to.figure it.too...
Totally and this is the most helpful thing you ever said on this forum :)
So Thanks and I owe you a drink for this.

I was pulling my hair over it.

•••

if I knew this would help u then rest assured I'd have never written it heh

Last edited:
•••
they had rough start. most bugs fixed.now.

some auction issues left that's all

still have best prices

autorenewals and bulk changes work.perfect...u just gotta remember to Montag expired names..else all fail... took me while to.figure it.too...

other than this tickets slow... but if u tag nick here he can help

I also like their simple uni.. unlike namecheap and other crap...

The won't immediately tell you that your bulk edit of auto renewals failed. People expect a simple task like that to work, so they click them off and go back their life just to realize later that their auto renews are still on and they've been charged hundreds of dollars to renew domains they no longer want. THIS is how they make thousands a year. And THIS is why they won't let bull autorenew settings work on all of your domains and THIS is why they make it so that they email you later to let you know that the bulk edit didn't work and THIS is why they won't immediately tell you WHY it didn't work and THIS is why they won't reply if you reply to that tech support email ([email protected], the most intuitive email to reply to). Because that way they can keep charging you until you've removed your fucking credit card out of scammy their system. By the time you've finally figured out that they don't do tech support via email to figure out WHY bulk edit of autorenew doesn't work via email they've already tried to charge your card several more times. Seriously. They know the hoops they put users through adds even more money to their pockets. They're aware of all of this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back