IT.COM

advice Is there anything wrong with my choice of domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Simpsonrocket

Established Member
Impact
Good day friends, I've been domaining since 2019 and I've been working on the way i pick my names from drops. Had a couple of sales in geo+service but I've also been investing time and money in keyword domains from drops but only had two offers which weren't successful. I've successfuly sold some of them here on NP for a few bucks but no end user sales yet. I'm thinking maybe there is something I'm doing wrong. I price my domains between 1985-2985. Maybe I need to reduce the price or what do you think? I need some advice here.

Here are some of my domains:

bankingvirtual/com
customshares/com dronegenerator/com
bussupplies/com
electricsecure/com
cranedoc/com
glasslogo/com
swiftcarpet/com
steelkeys/com
stairexperts/com
expressvoucher/com
pationetwork/com
locksmithcrew/com locksmithworks/com canineadvisor/com
custommeter/com
onlineremodel/com
textplug/com
nftwage/com
instantremodeling/com thermomechanic/com nftdigitalexchange/com stairservices/com
expresspainter/com
fireplacework/com
printingconnect/com
postalpage/com
customoptic/com
accesspurse/com
electronicbucks/com
maxpublisher/com
buskeys/com
treasurefunding/com insurancemktg/com
shipcabin/com
farmlandscape/com
capitallord/com
yachtarena/com
counselmax/com
vacationplug/com
cleaninglesson/com
roofernearby/com
hirereviews/com
agromeal/com
classiccharger/com
superhare/com
stagehelp/com
virusremedy/com
Heronanny/com
fridgetrucks/com
hatchservice/com
printediting/com
caseattorney/com
countermax/com
renovationagents/com
countertopmaster/com businesslecture/com economyconnect/com propertyofficial/com netmotorcycle/com superbathroom/com
partycooks/com
expresshacker/com
goproducer/com
chickenhaven/com
tinyappliance/com
electriccamp/com
garagemodel/com
resellerdrive/com
securitybill/com
resellerclick/com
stoptermite/com
insureplug/com
cheapcounter/com
tylermax/com
dimeagent/com
fundconsultancy/com remodelagent/com
tradebutton/com
transportyacht/com
travelkayaks/com
lawaffair/com
elasticcompany/com
studioroll/com
broadbandmaster/com marketerconnect/com
cheaptaco/com
ridecharter/com
masterscrap/com
agrowares/com
springstock/com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Simpsonrocket It's not the worst name list I've found on Namepros. Have you considered diversifying your monetisation plan? Successful development brings consistent revenue.

•••
@Simpsonrocket It's not the worst name list I've found on Namepros. Have you considered diversifying your monetisation plan? Successful development brings consistent revenue.
Thanks for your swift response. Can you explain what you mean by "diversifying your monetization plan"

•••
Many of your names are two word combinations suited to products. I'm suggesting that you develop micro sites on these names with information about a product. Wait three months to get traffic from the search engines (edit: while you add news pages every week to every site) and then feed in your text and image advertisements. You can earn $ 50 every year from each of your names just from 13 cents daily ad clicks.

Last edited:
•••
Many of your names are two word combinations suited to products. I'm suggesting that you develop micro sites on these names with information about a product. Wait three months to get traffic from the search engines (edit: while you add news pages every week to every site) and then feed in your text and image advertisements. You can earn $ 50 every year from each of your names just from 13 cents daily ad clicks.
It's a nice suggestion but not what I'm passionate about and don't see myself developing websites for my domains just yet. Thanks

•••
My guess is that you don't speak from experience at all. I've built many websites and I never just get traffic from search engines by building pages. If it was that simple, everybody would be building websites!

•••

Most of your names are word pairs that don't mean anything or have any use, like:

shipcabin/com
farmlandscape/com
capitallord/com
yachtarena/com
counselmax/com
vacationplug/com
cleaninglesson/com

Most of them aren't worth anything because its hard to imagine who would buy them.

•••
Most of your names are word pairs that don't mean anything or have any use, like:

shipcabin/com
farmlandscape/com
capitallord/com
yachtarena/com
counselmax/com
vacationplug/com
cleaninglesson/com

Most of them aren't worth anything because its hard to imagine who would buy them.

Thanks for your input. I've seen a couple of domain starting and ending with max all registered and some in use. I think Counselmax can be used by marriage counselors, divorce lawyers and a couple of others. I like vacationplug. Vacation is a hot keywords and you will rarely find a good combination available for registration. I feel plug though not that hot as max still makes sense when combined with vacation, I might be wrong though. I once received a $750 offer for toolplug, another hot keyword with plug. For shipcabin though the day I registered it I saw the plural form in use and also thought it will be suitable for ship cabin design. I have eyes for better domains but most get backordered. And I'm not ready to start using backorders until I start making decent sales.

Last edited:
•••
@maxjohan "My guess is that you don't speak from experience at all. I've built many websites and I never just get traffic from search engines by building pages. If it was that simple, everybody would be building websites!" Many things are possible that appear to be impossible. There is a phrase attributed to the late Giovanni di Pietro di Bernardone commonly known as Saint Francis of Assisi which I like very much. This great is quoted as saying "start by doing what's NECESSARY then do what's POSSIBLE and suddenly you are doing the IMPOSSIBLE". I encourage you to read the wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi. So why am I quoting a thirteenth century friar from the Duchy of Spoletto on a domain name thread in 2021? I'm trying to draw your attention to a person of great character who lived by "your God is of your flesh, He lives in your nearest neighbor, in every man". Gaining traffic from any source is relatively simple if you start with the intention to serve. This is the starting point of all greatness in any walk of life. Serve others. If you do this successfully your efforts will create long lasting value. Value is rewarded with money.

•••
Watch this video. It lasts less than three minutes.

•••
My guess is that you don't speak from experience at all. I've built many websites and I never just get traffic from search engines by building pages. If it was that simple, everybody would be building websites!
Upon reflection I just think you need to study your competitors more and make better websites than them. It's like really totally honestly completely that simple fella. Cheers

•••
Good day friends, I've been domaining since 2019 and I've been working on the way i pick my names from drops. Had a couple of sales in geo+service but I've also been investing time and money in keyword domains from drops but only had two offers which weren't successful. I've successfuly sold some of them here on NP for a few bucks but no end user sales yet. I'm thinking maybe there is something I'm doing wrong. I price my domains between 1985-2985. Maybe I need to reduce the price or what do you think? I need some advice here.

bankingvirtual/com
customshares/com dronegenerator/com
bussupplies/com
electricsecure/com
cranedoc/com
glasslogo/com
swiftcarpet/com
steelkeys/com
stairexperts/com
expressvoucher/com
pationetwork/com
locksmithcrew/com locksmithworks/com canineadvisor/com
custommeter/com
onlineremodel/com
textplug/com
nftwage/com
instantremodeling/com thermomechanic/com nftdigitalexchange/com stairservices/com
expresspainter/com
fireplacework/com
printingconnect/com
postalpage/com
customoptic/com
accesspurse/com
electronicbucks/com
maxpublisher/com
buskeys/com
treasurefunding/com insurancemktg/com
shipcabin/com
farmlandscape/com
capitallord/com
yachtarena/com
counselmax/com
vacationplug/com
cleaninglesson/com
roofernearby/com
hirereviews/com
agromeal/com
classiccharger/com
superhare/com
stagehelp/com
virusremedy/com
Heronanny/com
fridgetrucks/com
hatchservice/com
printediting/com
caseattorney/com
countermax/com
renovationagents/com
countertopmaster/com businesslecture/com economyconnect/com propertyofficial/com netmotorcycle/com superbathroom/com
partycooks/com
expresshacker/com
goproducer/com
chickenhaven/com
tinyappliance/com
electriccamp/com
garagemodel/com
resellerdrive/com
securitybill/com
resellerclick/com
stoptermite/com
insureplug/com
cheapcounter/com
tylermax/com
dimeagent/com
fundconsultancy/com remodelagent/com
tradebutton/com
transportyacht/com
travelkayaks/com
lawaffair/com
elasticcompany/com
studioroll/com
broadbandmaster/com marketerconnect/com
cheaptaco/com
ridecharter/com
masterscrap/com
agrowares/com
springstock/com
91 domain names. Most have low or zero search vol. Most can't be used by a company. Most are just random two word combos. 30 % have C-P-C- above $ 1 which is a good starter. Query those ones into Google and find out who advertises. Contact them in a highly tailored and professional way. You might like to develop roofernearby. Although search vol is in the hundreds it's got a whopper $ 16,30 C-P-C- and the S.E.O. difficulty is low. If you don't want to develop or out-bound then go low and if no sales drop most of these names when they expire and start over. Next time get higher search vol. with your high C-P-C-. I could be wrong. Good luck bro.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back