NameSilo

discuss Showcase and Discuss .XYZ New Domains and or Acuisitions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello!

Well today is the day .XYZ is officially released and open to the public and oh my oh my, some names literally in my shopping cart and removed the instant I proceed to checkout; I have a feeling this extension will overtake all the other extensions and surely be in the top 5 for new tld's if not #1 imo.

A few I registered

nfc / xyz
tap / xyz

at what $10 each I could go all day!

What did everyone register?! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go talk to your friends about .co .biz .center .guru .info and .xyz. The only extension that they will easily remember is .xyz. I did the test and they've alerady registered their own .xyz lol.
If you friends have difficulties in remembering 2-3-4 letters combination including words like "info", "guru" and very common words like "center", than I'm afraid your friends have brain issues.

•••
.center doesn't sounds like an extension but a word. .xyz makes sense.

•••
•••
.center doesn't sounds like an extension but a word. .xyz makes sense.
so why .xyz? why not .abc or .etc or whatever the hell else? do really think .xyz will be the only extension that 'doesn't mean anything'...its just another piece of dirt in the garbage can that are new gtlds.

•••
I do feel like i wasted $10 buy gettng a .xyz, i cant even type the name properly, and each day it gets uglier and uglier.

Ext not meaning anything doesn't make it better, makes it worse really. random letters just for random cred?

If i could get my $10 back i would :p

Next year its going to be funny when all these free registrations expire, and 90% of the xyz domains drop.

so why .xyz? why not .abc or .etc or whatever the hell else? do really think .xyz will be the only extension that 'doesn't mean anything'...its just another piece of dirt in the garbage can that are new gtlds.

i heard the owners had the xyz.com domain which is why they used it. But i could be wrong. I only read snipplets here and there.

•••
Go talk to your friends about .co .biz .center .guru .info and .xyz. The only extension that they will easily remember is .xyz. I did the test and they've alerady registered their own .xyz lol.

Gotta find better friends. Friends don't let friends buy any xyz. A 3 syllable extension of random letters. I heard, it's the last letters of the alphabet. And what's so great about being last? I heard, it's for the new generation. Well to the new generation it means examine your zipper. Right now, taking out the freebies, it's only in 18th place. Next year, most of those freebies will drop, it'll be the biggest drop in domaining history. The blogs will have a field day with this. When they do, I will come here and bump this post.

Imagine an 80% drop in a week.

Let's say an extension has 1,000,000 regs

Week later they have 200,000

Last edited:
•••
Yeah but what makes it any different than .biz, .co, .tv, .info, etc etc etc

Its only been not even a week for .xyz Its been years and years for those other extensions and they are useless

You wait, we will see some HUGE sales.

•••
Yeah but what makes it any different than .biz, .co, .tv, .info, etc etc etc

Its only been not even a week for .xyz Its been years and years for those other extensions and they are useless

You wait, we will see some HUGE sales.

Huge sales to who exactly? If you think those others are useless, then this one isn't because?

I just gave you 1, next year there will be a big drop. You think a domainer is going to touch them after that? What about development? Knowing that most of them are freebies, they won't ever get developed. The other real purchases are mainly domainers, who won't ever develop them either.

And what happens when .web comes out, and whips it out and drowns them? Out of the new gtlds, that one is clearly going to be #1 whenever it comes out. It's the one that's going to get all the attention. It's the one most watched.

•••
Well im realizing in the "domain" world, not everything has to do with development. I don't expect people to type in facebook.xyz

But I think its going to be the next big thing when it comes to collecting, trading , and owning.

Kind of like pokemon cards when they first came out. Yes I see .xyz slowly fading out but im talking within the next year.

•••
Well im realizing in the "domain" world, not everything has to do with development. I don't expect people to type in facebook.xyz

But I think its going to be the next big thing when it comes to collecting, trading , and owning.

Kind of like pokemon cards when they first came out. Yes I see .xyz slowly fading out but im talking within the next year.

Development actually plays a major part, it's how the general public even sees these. Nobody is going to directly type in any of these new ones, going to a parked page probably.

Among domainers? Go back to big drop. Go back to many different alternatives. Go back to all the bad press about the inflated numbers. If you want to spend money on that, good luck.

•••
Okay so for example, Moda.tv sold for $30,000.

What is that?!? I don't even know or care what that means and to me .TV is useless. But its all in the eyes of the buyer.

SO if you owned sex.xyz right now, you would drop it?? Just because of your opinion on this new extension? Well god bless

•••
Kind of like pokemon cards when they first came out.
Domain names exist for a purpose, like hosting serious websites.
But domainers like to own garbage domains in useless extensions, they are actually domain collectors and their domains are like pokemon cards indeed, because they are of no use in the real world and will never sell.

SO if you owned sex.xyz right now, you would drop it??
I wouldn't accept a free push. Ditto if you gave me the .tk or .pw. .xyz means nothing. Pointless TLD. It's an April Fools day joke.

•••
Okay so for example, Moda.tv sold for $30,000.

What is that?!? I don't even know or care what that means and to me .TV is useless. But its all in the eyes of the buyer.

SO if you owned sex.xyz right now, you would drop it?? Just because of your opinion on this new extension? Well god bless
why don't you use an example that was actually possibble to register. and moda means fashion...fashion tv..

•••

The next big thing probably won't even last a year.

With .club there were a few sales appearing @ dnjournal that got some attention. But those were premium names getting below premium prices.

.XYZ might see a few of those - though with the opt-out giveaway I'll expect a lot of people will greet the reported sales with skepticism.

The only market for .xyz is domainers - who will probably never develop an .xyz domain, meaning almost no users will ever see an .xyz domain, meaning they won't know sex.xyz means web site, meaning that the value of sex.xyz keeps falling because there is almost no end user market for it.

the .xyz opt out giveaway worked to inflate the numbers for publicity but it was quickly found out. What's left is tens of thousands of .xyz domains that will never be developed and will probably never be renewed - unless register.com puts them on auto-renew for next year - and that will be fun to watch.

•••
Anyone wasting there money on these should go to Ricksblog. A few industry heavyweights commented on .xyz...Ron Jackson and Pinky Brand in particular.

The registration numbers are misleading and the registry owner is basically a scam artist.

Sorry for anyone who spent or will spend money on these!

•••
Why .com? Why not .web or .net? .xyz is about anything. That's why I like it.

.tv means tv so you will build some video realated websites.
.xyz is shorter than .anything

I own Punk.xyz I can build it has an all in one Punk Site.

Why own Punk.shop Punk.forum Punk.blog Punk.pics when you can Own Punk.xyz?

•••
It is no use. Good luck with .xyz

•••

:rolleyes:
That last paragraph though

•••

212u3vs.jpg

Last edited:
•••
After some thinking :rolleyes: I decided to delete all my .xyz domains with the exception of two, which are keywords that have a global monthly [exact] search volume in the millions: "hentai" and "manga". These two (as well as mangaDOTzone, which I also own) are (by the way) the only one's who already received type-in traffic. I need to observe that.

•••

Hold up, is this you - http://vij.xyz/vij-now-xyz

You're selling vij.com to move to vij.xyz? Looks like you're already forwarding it.

I noticed this on the bottom - Domain Name by DotbayDomains

•••
Probably he will put on sale the .com to make some money and in mean time will drive all the possible traffic from the .com to the .xyz domain and if the new site will not get much interest it will be probably dropped in the next year.

•••
I'm looking to sell Vij.com or I might develop it more when I will have more time.

•••
I'm looking to sell Vij.com or I might develop it more when I will have more time.

I will trade you VIJ (com) for my TechSupport (xyz) :) Might as well build up our portfolio!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back