IT.COM

Should I buy my domain again?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well I got scammed by Yomura Holdings through Magmahost - my domain (vezup.com) was stolen by Yomura and my website was down (earlier this year). A lot of personal stuff came up so I was forced to let it go, but today I signed into the client area and miraculously I was able to get into WHM and download a backup of my site.

Anyway so I thought of buying Vezup.somethingelse and found on Godaddy that my domain was being sold for $200+. I really don't have that kind of money right now (I make websites mostly as a hobby rather than for business) but I was wondering if anyone thought it is worth forking out the $280ish for the domain?

I'll have to change the design in places if I change the domain but that's okay....but I don't really want to start over advertising my site :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no, probably not, but there was nothing you could do about your domain being stolen?

•••
I emailed support several times with no reply. I just emailed GoDaddy today so I'll see what they have to say about it :(

•••
Do you know how your domain was stolen? If not. It will probably happen again.

•••
Scammed and stolen? I don't think I understand...

•••
Well I registered through Magmahost, which was bought by Yomura Holdings (a scam company) which then parked the domain and are now trying to sell it.

So next time, I'll register through Namecheap :)

•••
Well I registered through Magmahost, which was bought by Yomura Holdings (a scam company) which then parked the domain and are now trying to sell it.

So next time, I'll register through Namecheap :)

Did you let the registration expire?

•••
No, it should expire in January next year.

•••
No, it should expire in January next year.

Ok, well, i've never come across a case like this before... You're saying the name has been stolen then by the registrar!

With this in mind 'though, why would you even consider buying it back from them?.. and why are you promoting this domain name in your signature?

•••
Ok, well, i've never come across a case like this before... You're saying the name has been stolen then by the registrar!

With this in mind 'though, why would you even consider buying it back from them?.. and why are you promoting this domain name in your signature?

Well the registrar was Magmahost originally, but Yomura Holdings bought it out and took the domain.
I want to buy it back to keep my website going as I already advertised it, and the existing links to the files uploaded (it was a filesharing service) will all be dead.
And about the sig, I never bother to change it - I haven't been on in a while - I'll do so now.

•••
but Yomura Holdings bought it out and took the domain.

So, just to clarify, you had this domain and the registration was current and up to date and Yomura came along and changed your registration details to show themselves as the new owner... and THEN disguised their actions by using DomainsByProxy, so as to hide their details.

If this is true you really need to be contacting the Police...

•••
So, just to clarify, you had this domain and the registration was current and up to date and Yomura came along and changed your registration details to show themselves as the new owner... and THEN disguised their actions by using DomainsByProxy, so as to hide their details.

If this is true you really need to be contacting the Police...

Yup, pretty much. People have tried tracking down the owner of Yomura Holdings. Here's what a member of another forum came up with:

Since some time, Yomura Holdings appeared in the web-hosting scene. It acquired a lot of companies magmahost (http://www.cvul.com/hosting/magmahost-has-been-acquired-by-yomura-holdings/), delimiter (http://delimiter.us/press/article.php?PRID=3), ifusehosting (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=901172), rentavps (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/rentavps-4-76-256mb-openvz-vps/#comment-2010), ... etc

People started to wonder, who the heck is Yomura! (http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/general-chit-chat-discussion/18709-who-heck-yomura-holdings.html). They don't even have a website or solid contacts.

I did a little investigation (after losing my hosting with one of its companies), and I found the following:
1- All contacts ended to Giles Anderson (mailto:[email protected]) or Eden Akhavi (emailto:[email protected]).
2- Address "PP 60, 2 Lansdowne Row, London, GB, W1J 6HL " is not a real address. It is mail-box address for company called citibox (http://www.citiboxcentre.com/), which provides "prestigious, discreet and secure alternative address".
3- Phone numbers are not working anymore or are used by other people now.
4- DNSs and other stuff links to ltthosting.com and ltt.com! Which seems to be a company from libya!!!D-:

All the hosting companies was working fine for a reasonable period of time, and then after short time of being acquired by Yomura they started to do BIG discounts and growing the client exponentially.

They waited sometime, till they got enough money from the customers and :gone: bye-bye.. Your servers/websites is down and the company took the money and don't reply to your tickets/emails/phones.

Here is the question:
Is Yomura a hosting scam (http://ezinearticles.com/?Modern-Type-of-Web-Hosting-Scam---What-to-Do?&id=1358956)? or they just failed to cope with the huge growth of clients?

•••
Well, in the thread comment you posted, there is no proof whatsoever that Yomura are running a "scam".

In your own case, however, you are suggesting that they have taken over a registrar and appointed themselves the new owner of your domain name - which, under any normal circumstances, of course, is outright theft...

In your previous thread about this issue however, you said that you got the name free of charge. I think in this scenario then, normal registration/domain ownership rules do not apply.

If someone knows more about this than me, then please correct me. But it looks like you have not been "scammed", nor have you had your domain stolen...

•••
"A lot of personal stuff came up so I was forced to let it go, but today I signed into the client area and miraculously I was able to get into WHM and download a backup of my site."

So basically today you miraculously signed in. ...
I wonder why is that?

You didn't pay your annual hosting fee, which is why you lost your domain name.

I am looking at the whois right now. It say that the domain was created september of 2010. January -September is like a 9 months lapse. Therefore no one stole your domain name.

If they did, it would show registration records previously or continued in January.

From the looks of the records and your info, Domain Name expired.

It was not sold to anyone.

•••
Anyway so I thought of buying Vezup.somethingelse and found on Godaddy that my domain was being sold for $200+.(

Vezup.com seems to be a file hosting site. Did you break any of their terms of service by uploading warez or something ? Googling vezup.com returns mostly files shared.

•••
Domain name was deleted either because of expiration (very likely) in January according to OP. Or it was deleted for some other reasons like illegal stuff.

It was not sold to anyone, therefore no one stole your domain name. See whois record: Creation Date Sept 3, 2010.

•••
Bomb, I vote that you remove your slanderous comment about Yomura from your sig. They shouldn't have to be adversely effected by your shortcomings or what you have neglected to do...

•••
So basically today you miraculously signed in. ...
I wonder why is that?

You didn't pay your annual hosting fee, which is why you lost your domain name.

I finally got time to get back on the computer, that's why I went and checked my hosting account and searched WHT and Namepros to see if there was a resolution. Through client area I was able to get into WHM and get my files, that's why I logged in here today to see whether I should purchase the domain back.

Where on earth did you get that I didn't pay my hosting fee? My HOSTING is still running:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6558/capturelz.png

My domain did NOT expire, it was registered Jan 2010-Jan 2011 and you can ask MH-Andy (Magmahost's sales rep) who set up my account and got the domain set up for me too.

Vezup.com seems to be a file hosting site. Did you break any of their terms of service by uploading warez or something ? Googling vezup.com returns mostly files shared.

I worked closesly with MH-Andy and the support team to make sure my website complied with their rules.
Well, in the thread comment you posted, there is no proof whatsoever that Yomura are running a "scam".

Google them, I'm not the only person who's lost out to Yomura Holdings...

•••
Well if you said it was registered in Jan of 2010.
According to the whois record it is registered in Sept of 2010.

Meaning...
1) you did not pay for hosting it was deleted
2) you did something illegal and it was deleted

Point being, your domain was deleted and registered by someone else.

When did you lose it?
When did you get scam?
Why did you just miraculously sign in today? Were you warned, blocked, because you have illegal filesharing?

Did you ask your host why your domain name was deleted?

•••
Well if you said it was registered in Jan of 2010.
According to the whois record it is registered in Sept of 2010.

Meaning...
1) you did not pay for hosting it was deleted
2) you did something illegal and it was deleted

Point being, your domain was deleted and registered by someone else.

When did you lose it?
When did you get scam?
Why did you just miraculously sign in today? Were you warned, blocked, because you have illegal filesharing?

Did you ask your host why your domain name was deleted?

I've already explained this:
1) I did pay for hosting, my hosting is still running, and will continue to do so until Jan 2 2011. I posted a SS of my client area.
2) There was nothing illegal done, I had the approval of MH-Andy, who looked through and helped set up my site,of the website (plus we stored no files on the server)
3) I lost it earlier this year, it was parked but only now I found that it is up for sale
4) The scam was by Yomura, not Magamhost, everything went haywire when they took over and stopped replying to emails once my domain was parked.
5)I was not warned/blocked.
6)What do you mean "miraculously signed in"? I explained that I had personal stuff to deal with, I got back into client area yesterday and got a backup. So I signed in Namepros to see if I should buy the domain back.

Which still leaves my original question: Should I buy the domain back?

•••

Which still leaves my original question: Should I buy the domain back?

I don't condone supporting scammers. If they scammed or stole your domain then why would you give them money? Wait for it to drop, or backorder it.

•••
I don't condone supporting scammers. If they scammed or stole your domain then why would you give them money? Wait for it to drop, or backorder it.

Oh it's on Godaddy now, apparently it's a "premium domain" now worth $282 :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back