opinion Should I try again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Akhilesh.Kumar

Established Member
Impact
Hello Namepros family

I tried my luck with Domaining approx. 3 years ago
Started with hand reg names which was a good investment considering the lessons I learnt.
Then scrubbed some from GoDaddy closeouts, Sedo low value auctions/buy now, Flippa low value names etc.
I was banned by NamePros for one year for a malpractice. I felt bad but looking back now it was another lesson learnt.

I was no where near the professionals but I was getting the addiction and started enjoying the game.
All in all I owned approx. 40-45 names and kept flipping them for small profits.

My biggest sale was flipping a hand reg $1 name for $50 on Sedo.

When I left playing, it was not planned but for no reason I started dedicating lesser time and slowly went out of it.
The names kept expiring and today I don't own any.

Since last few days, I am getting pulled back.

I understand there is no scope for Hand reg names, also I understand I can't invest tons to buy good names and keep them for years expecting a good resale value.

If you have read it this far, please suggest if I should jump back.
All I can invest is approx $500-600 (in chunks) to build a profile.
I know you may want to laugh at that, but it is what it is.

I really want to try domaining but is it possible with this low investment.
If yes, should I invest it in 2-3 names and keep them alive for few years expecting returns or should I make a profile of 30-40 or more names looking for decent 2-3 words names where I make $20-30 on few of them and few others gets dropped or expired.

Confused. Please help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would ask myself a different question - how much time and effort am I willing to put in? To me, that's more important than how much money you have. Whether you buy 5, 50 or 500 names - you need to understand well what you are doing. Otherwise you'll spend all your money fast and leave brokenhearted )

Just think if you are willing to put hours and hours, day per day - into learning, researching, matching, watching, checking, comparing etc (and even if it is just a side thing for you!). If the answer is yes - go ahead and try. But if you say - ''hey, I got much more interesting-better-easier ways of making money with more joy at the same time, - don't.

To me - two most important things in domaining - determination and passion (passion also can be developed over time, imo))

Whatever you decide - good luck!

•••
I would ask myself a different question - how much time and effort am I willing to put in? To me, that's more important than how much money you have. Whether you buy 5, 50 or 500 names - you need to understand well what you are doing. Otherwise you'll spend all your money fast and leave brokenhearted )

Just think if you are willing to put hours and hours, day per day - into learning, researching, matching, watching, checking, comparing etc (and even if it is just a side thing for you!). If the answer is yes - go ahead and try. But if you say - ''hey, I got much more interesting-better-easier ways of making money with more joy at the same time, - don't.

To me - two most important things in domaining - determination and passion (passion also can be developed over time, imo))

Whatever you decide - good luck!
Thanks buddy
That sure make sense.

God bless you

•••
I tried my luck with Domaining approx. 3 years ago
I was no where near the professionals but I was getting the addiction and started enjoying the game
I started dedicating lesser time and slowly went out of it
Since last few days, I am getting pulled back
Confused. Please help.
This is what it does to you.

😐

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back