Dynadot

LLLL.com (4L.com) owners, do you plan to drop your domains? Please vote

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you drop any or all your LLLL.com (4L.com) within the next 12 months?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, I will not drop any of my LLLL.com

votes
    85.1%
  • Yes, I will drop SOME

votes
    5.0%
  • Yes, I will drop ALL

vote
    0.8%
  • I do not know yet

votes
    9.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

LLLL.com (4L.com) owners, do you plan to drop some or all your LLLL.com domains within the next 12 months?

Please vote:

1. No, I will not drop any
2. Yes, I will drop SOME
3. Yes, I will drop ALL
4. do not know yet, may be

Please indicate the reason why you are dropping, i.e. Lehman bancrupcy, Merril Lunch sale, falling/rsing dollar, personal financial situatioin, etc.

Thanks for taking your time to reply :great:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Already renewed to take advantage of lower prices.

For about the hundredth time.....
There is NO big overhang of September and October registrations of LLLL.coms. New registrations were very close to the same number over at least the last two years of availability.

DYYO.com is still on line, the chart shows this clearly:
http://dyyo.com/analysis_remaining.php

It just aint so, McGee.

•••
vlad74 said:
I doubt those who bought them for 30 or 60 will let them drop or sell for 15 instead of spending another 6-7 on rebewing and having a chance of riding back to 100

Just like with any market fall some people will sell, not everyone is going to be sold on the "riding back to 100" dream. The people who sell will either be right or wrong, the outcome is far from known.

accentnepal said:
For about the hundredth time.....
There is NO big overhang of September and October registrations of LLLL.coms. New registrations were very close to the same number over at least the last two years of availability.

It is probably more an overhang of "ultra low quality llll.com's" (names registrered last in the buyout), the type some people may just leave drop.

•••
snoop said:
Instead of rising they have fallen heavily and most of the people who bought in after the inital landrush have large losses. It has gone from a boom situation to a bust.
Just out of curiosity.

I'm all for good investment and I want to know other alternatives.

So where do you suggest I should put my money where I wouln't have any losses? Short term or long-term.

•••
xman said:
Just out of curiosity.

So where do you suggest I should put my money where I wouln't have any losses? Short term or long-term.

C'mon this kind of nonsense isn't worth debating. I'm just stating facts, the llll.com buyout names have fallen hugely, they have done far worse than most other investments since it peaked in February, down 80%. The worst thing is at the peak other markets were already well down, the big rise in the first couple of months of this year was never justified in the first place.

•••
vlad74 said:
LLLL.com (4L.com) owners, do you plan to drop some or all your LLLL.com domains within the next 12 months?

Please vote:

1. No, I will not drop any
2. Yes, I will drop SOME
3. Yes, I will drop ALL
4. do not know yet, may be

Please indicate the reason why you are dropping, i.e. Lehman bancrupcy, Merril Lunch sale, falling/rsing dollar, personal financial situatioin, etc.

Thanks for taking your time to reply :great:

From my understanding this is a Poll.

snoop said:
C'mon this kind of nonsense isn't worth debating. I'm just stating facts, the llll.com buyout names have fallen hugely, they have done far worse than most other investments since it peaked in February, down 80%. The worst thing is at the peak other markets were already well down, the big rise in the first couple of months of this year was never justified in the first place.
I do understand that you're stating the fact and I'm all for it. However, this thread should be a Poll as stated and should stay as such.

Wouldn't you think?

There's a thread about LLLL.com discussion and your argument would be more appropriate there.

Wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
•••
xman said:
From my understanding this is a Poll.

I do understand that you're stating the fact and I'm all for it. However, this thread should be a Poll as stated and should stay as such.

Wouldn't you think?

There's a thread about LLLL.com discussion and your argument would be more appropriate there.

Wouldn't you agree?

No, this is more than a poll, it is also a thread..for guess what....discussion.

•••
It is a valid question, Snoop ----

You are so down on LLLL and .Mobi -- what do you recommend?

Please reconsider if your initial answer is Generic PPC .coms - those are out of reach for most newer investors. (Meaning that the potential profit is usually valued fully in the asking price and the knowledge needed to buy successfully in the sector is very great.)

•••
accentnepal said:
It is a valid question, Snoop ----

You are so down on LLLL and .Mobi -- what do you recommend?

Please reconsider if your initial answer is Generic PPC .coms - those are out of reach for most newer investors. (Meaning that the potential profit is usually valued fully in the asking price and the knowledge needed to buy successfully in the sector is very great.)

I'm not recommending people buy anything. If you read my previous posts over the last 8 months I have suggested several areas of the market have been inflated 2/3/4 letter in particular and the keyword stuff probably aren't bargains either (though I don't have a strong opinion either way on them at the moment). The names with revenue behind then are far more solid than the pure speculative stuff though. Keep plenty of cash, watch the market and don't do anything silly (like basing buying on boom time price predictions which seems to be what some are still doing). Buy when names are a screaming buy, not just because they have fallen 30%-50%-80% etc and you think they will return to the old price.

•••
xman said:
Just out of curiosity.

Gold and LLLL.com :hehe:

We will see gold at 1,300-1,500 IMHO (no guarantees, of course, just my personal point of view)

snoop said:
Keep plenty of cash, watch the market and don't do anything silly (like basing buying on boom time price predictions which seems to be what some are still doing). Buy when names are a screaming buy, not just because they have fallen 30%-50%-80% etc and you think they will return to the old price.

definition of a screaming buy is different for evereyone.

but I agree in general. keep available cash, buy what your intuition suggest is a screaming buy.

i.e. I do not buy random double premium LLLLfor $25+ now, but when I see let say vjmr.com for $25 with full year, I take it immediatly. vj-video joker, mr - double premium, plus shor for Mister. This domain has enduser potential and costs much more than $25. vj, although non premium, has potential. iq, cv, uk, hk, ru, etc have potential.

you need just take a look at LLLL and decide for youself, can you define a market niche where are the potential endusers may be found. Worst quality LLLL.com may cost now $20 for example (I do not know market price now, I usuallly selling 2-3 domains per month to determine current market price, but last time my 3 domains were not piad, buyer turned out to be a scammer from DigitalPoint, thus no clue of the current prices), just because of their rarety (yes, 456,000 is a small number, seriously), but LLLL with end user potential will cost more, much more.

In the long term the quality will rise in price, and it will not be just plain premium vs nonpremium letters but the enduser potential, which is not so easy to determine. And the ability to see the enduser niche for each LLLL.com will differentiate successfull vs nonsuccessful domainer.

For this purposess (to help domainers exchange ideas on acronyms for their domains) I started a thread http://www.namepros.com/short-domain-discussion/497752-post-your-llll-com-here-let.html some time ago, feel free to visit and participate.

•••
snoop said:
No, this is more than a poll, it is also a thread..for guess what....discussion.
I apologized for my ignorance snoop...Intellectual engagement it is.

As I mentioned earlier I'm all for good investment and I'm sure others as well. I am looking for alternatives so perhaps you can enlighten us.

Please specify your objective and I will specify mine so therefore we can both have some positive outcome from this discussion.

I for one do many things in very efficient manner since Time for me is a very precious commodity. I am here for reasoning not for the sake of argument.

So let me lay out my objective.

I have a total of 200 LLLL.com and thinking about selling 50% of that (my short-term) and the rest of the 50% will be for long term investment (I won't be selling in the next 4 years).

These 100 LLLL.com short-term investment I can sell now or a year from now or perhaps two years from now. These 100 short-term were all hand registered so I'm pretty sure i won't eat any losses. These 100 LLLLs contains no Qs, no Js, and no Xs.

Since you have so many input in this niche perhaps I can learn from you. I for one is always thirsty for knowledge.

Base on your LLLL.com expertise when do you think is the best time for me to sell so I can maximize my profit?

Last edited:
•••
Will not drop them. sorry. will continue to renew until my Paypal funds is gone :p

•••
Looks like all LLLL.com owners have made their choice. We have 96 votes, 5 will drop some, 5 will decide in the future. Remaining 90% will not drop.

Basically it means that the owners of LLLL.com are not planning droping their LLLL.com in October-November this year. Thus, there will be no excess supply and we may expect steady growth toward the end of the year. In January prices probably will rise sharply due to more domainers seeing the supply is decreasing.

Also, further uncertainty on the world markets and strongly rising inflation (can you imagine the effect of pumping 700,000,000,000 dollars into the system?????) will push up the prices of gold and short (3-4 letter) domains.

Well, lets relax and enjoy the ride. :hehe:

•••
i have not decided yet .....mostly i will renew

•••
Already renewed all my 4 letters several days ago. :D

•••
I have renewed almost all my LLLL.coms expiring in October-November. Will renew others before 1st of October, because in October domain renewal will be .20$ higher.

•••
i will not drop any, but i wouldn't add any LLLL.com to my portfolio yet

•••
Its November coming , any LLLL.com availaible yet ?

•••
i have about 30 i think
i will drop none.
some are uber premiums, ie. words or places
most just offering fair acronyms

i dont plan on buying anymore. except when i have plenty of funds may step into the market for a top one. also have a soft spot for milfs/dilfs as u know, so if anyone has any pre 94 ones let me know :snaphappy:

•••
forest said:

No, and drops are getting less and less, at least at TDNAM (GoDaddy)

•••
forest said:

2 days ago about 500 domains were releasing after Snapnames "tasting"... And all were taken within 2 seconds! 500 or 1000 or 2000 at regfee they will be taken within seconds :)

•••
wow I just renewed my LLLL.com that's unsold>.<:D
I should be happy or sad?:D

•••
Already renewed all (250+) of them.

•••
Ergo said:
2 days ago about 500 domains were releasing after Snapnames "tasting"... And all were taken within 2 seconds! 500 or 1000 or 2000 at regfee they will be taken within seconds :)

HeHe, I was able to grab nearly 30 during the 2 second window. Long live registrar API's!

•••
Ergo said:

Well if the buyout hadn't even held at this stage it would have been a true disaster. I think the buyout will hold though the real test will be how the market goes over the next 6-12 months as recession sinks in, people lose jobs, businesses go under, people leave the domain industry etc. If a moderate recession turns into a severe one then look out.

•••
snoop said:
Well if the buyout hadn't even held at this stage it would have been a true disaster. I think the buyout will hold though the real test will be how the market goes over the next 6-12 months as recession sinks in, people lose jobs, businesses go under, people leave the domain industry etc. If a moderate recession turns into a severe one then look out.
Really? For your information, number of LLLL.com domains registered in August was more than in September and October. http://www.dyyo.com/analysis_registration.php

Also this drop has nothing to do with 2007 year buy out. It was from 2006 registrations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back