NameSilo

LLLL.com (4L.com) owners, do you plan to drop your domains? Please vote

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you drop any or all your LLLL.com (4L.com) within the next 12 months?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, I will not drop any of my LLLL.com

votes
    85.1%
  • Yes, I will drop SOME

votes
    5.0%
  • Yes, I will drop ALL

vote
    0.8%
  • I do not know yet

votes
    9.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

LLLL.com (4L.com) owners, do you plan to drop some or all your LLLL.com domains within the next 12 months?

Please vote:

1. No, I will not drop any
2. Yes, I will drop SOME
3. Yes, I will drop ALL
4. do not know yet, may be

Please indicate the reason why you are dropping, i.e. Lehman bancrupcy, Merril Lunch sale, falling/rsing dollar, personal financial situatioin, etc.

Thanks for taking your time to reply :great:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Drop my LLLL.com's? No way.

•••
Looks like everyone is holding..........even Snoop! :laugh:

•••
no way i am dropping them...ive been holding on to most of them since 2005-2006

•••
Not drop any off my llll.com's. I renew 150-200 for one year again

•••
•••
maxeaus said:
Looks like everyone is holding..........even Snoop! :laugh:

I am just curious why owners of 10,000 domains expiring in September-October have not voted yet. Everyone expects them to drop domains. Where are the October Droppers?

I wanted to get a contact to them through this thread and offer them low $x per domain (great deal vs. dropping for free, don't you agree?), but it looks like they are hiding. Well, nevermind. At least we have a nice pool.

Any more votes or opinions?

•••
Well , guy , think about it carefully. I jumped in LLLL.com soon but with wrong choose and most my domains are ugly (which contain Q letters) and until now I pay 2 years regfees for each of my domains and I have 100+. And next year it will cost me 3 years reg fees for each , which mean I will pay $2300 or so for the whole. Do you really think I even earn just to cut my loss in next year by selling 100+ ugly LLLL.com ?
So I suggest you should choose which is the best and drop the worse . I vote for "I will drop some".

•••
forest said:
Well , guy , think about it carefully. I jumped in LLLL.com soon but with wrong choose and most my domains are ugly (which contain Q letters) and until now I pay 2 years regfees for each of my domains and I have 100+. And next year it will cost me 3 years reg fees for each , which mean I will pay $2300 or so for the whole. Do you really think I even earn just to cut my loss in next year by selling 100+ ugly LLLL.com ?
So I suggest you should choose which is the best and drop the worse . I vote for "I will drop some".
If you don't want to renew, why not advertise them for sale? I'm sure you would get lots of takers at $x and higher even with the worst letters and immediate renewal being required. Dropping them earns you $0 and they still go into other people's pockets.

•••
I'm hanging on to mine, already sold off the very ugliest (sometimes for surprising amounts). With economy headed for the rocks, we may have to hold these until 2010 or even later. I'll drop a few more, and buy very cautiously some higher quality names to sit on long term.

My guess is that even ugly domains will eventually pay back the owner - but how many years can you afford to keep paying the renewal fees until then?

•••
Domainace said:
I'm hanging on to mine, already sold off the very ugliest (sometimes for surprising amounts). With economy headed for the rocks, we may have to hold these until 2010 or even later. I'll drop a few more, and buy very cautiously some higher quality names to sit on long term.

My guess is that even ugly domains will eventually pay back the owner - but how many years can you afford to keep paying the renewal fees until then?

just to clarify, will you drop (do not extend) or sell some of your LLLL.com?

•••
vlad74 said:
just to clarify, will you drop (do not extend) or sell some of your LLLL.com?

Sorry, that was unclear. I don't plan to drop. I've sold a few uglies on Ebay, and have only a couple left - and those will go the same route.

•••
Only by accident. I did that a couple of months ago.

•••
just re-regged over 400, these will be *priceless* in years to come

•••
I think we will see quite a few drop, though not by me. The buzz that surrounded the buy-out attracted non-domainers, who will probably be too disheartened by the drop in prices to renew.

•••
of course some will drop for a myriad of reasons but they will all be snapped up because the resale price is greater than the reg fee

•••
No, don't plan to drop, but I only have a very small hand full some of which are for development.

•••
I already renewed all mine

so NO I won't be dropping any.

•••
It honestly doesn't make sense why you would want to even drop one. After all you have to do and put one up on ebay and it will sell for $10. Somebody please tell me one good reason for letting your llll.com drop?

•••
I will NOT drop my LLLL.coms! I have already started to renew my 100+ LLLL.com stockpile.

•••
.h2o. said:
It honestly doesn't make sense why you would want to even drop one. After all you have to do and put one up on ebay and it will sell for $10. Somebody please tell me one good reason for letting your llll.com drop?

Some people chuck stuff out instead of listing it on ebay just to get $10 (depends on the value people put on their time). I do think alot of people will be selling, but some will drop.

For some people push will come to shove when they have to deal with the fact they are spending $8 on something that is continuing to devalue and worth $10 or less. Once you start paying reg fees like that it can lead to the bad situation of making negative returns (ie not just losing all the money invested but losing even more than your initial investment was).

•••
snoop said:
Some people chuck stuff out instead of listing it on ebay just to get $10 (depends on the value people put on their time). I do think alot of people will be selling, but some will drop.

Agree

snoop said:
For some people push will come to shove when they have to deal with the fact they are spending $8 on something that is continuing to devalue and worth $10 or less. Once you start paying reg fees like that it can lead to the bad situation of making negative returns (ie not just losing all the money invested but losing even more than your initial investment was).

do not agree

people who were buying were thinking the investment will gain in price. what have changed to expectations? nothing. investment will rise in value, and people will not be afraid to extend domains. only short term buyers will be selling all their holdings before the first renewal. After they are gone (and losts of flippers are out of LLLL.com already, mainly long term holders will remain who will not sell for a loss).

I expect some drops of the 4 holders of LLLL.com (see vote results) and some more active selling in October, before the renewals, but looks like the large chunk of these September-October babies have already been renewed to benefit from not yet increase prices.

In Novermber-December we will see much less sales (all LLLL.com have gone by that time, and it is not common to sell already expired domains), some drops can come to the market (those regged in September - October 2007)
i.e. GoDaddy, the largest registrar, usually helds the auctions after 30-35 days after expiration. Such drops (much lower than expected here) will not cause the prices to fall, and in Janbuary 2009 we will see strong boost in prices after lower sales and lower drops will dry out the supply on the reseller market.

Last edited:
•••
Just renewed 50% of my LLLL.coms that are due for renewal in November. Will renew others soon when I have available funds.

•••
@vlad74

same like you, I am actually waiting for the guys that hold the large large number of LLLL.com expired september-october to vote and comment in this thread:D.

•••
vlad74 said:
people who were buying were thinking the investment will gain in price. what have changed to expectations? nothing.

Instead of rising they have fallen heavily and most of the people who bought in after the inital landrush have large losses. It has gone from a boom situation to a bust.

•••
snoop said:
Instead of rising they have fallen heavily and most of the people who bought in after the inital landrush have large losses. It has gone from a boom situation to a bust.

I doubt those who bought them for 30 or 60 will let them drop or sell for 15 instead of spending another 6-7 on rebewing and having a chance of riding back to 100

if you bough them at regfee and need to double your investment, it is another case. but this will be sorted by november, as I wrote above

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back