NameSilo

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just wanted to say thank you all for the tips!
Enjoying reading you.

•••
Did you not read where I said most don't follow-up on forwarding to the right ppl?

With this simple sentence you could get around that:

Address it to : "For the attention of directors"

•••
Did you not read where I said most don't follow-up on forwarding to the right ppl?

Yes, I did but to follow up the right person when you haven't specified the person is different from if you addressed it to the higher up - the staff is obliged to pass your message on or at least let them know what it's all about - have you worked for big organisations before?

Last edited:
•••
I'd advise you to not waste your time. The ppl who read the responses typically are not high enough in power to be of help & wouldn't know what to do with your request. And they don't always follow-up on forwarding to the right ppl. I've never once in my career heard of a sale--even a $10 sale--occurring from a website form. It's just a waste.

80% of my end user sales have come from this exact method.

•••
80% of my end user sales have come from this exact method.

When you say 80%, how many sales have you had total (ballpark)

5 sales? (4 out of 5 sales)

Or something like 40? (40 out of 50 sales)

•••
When you say 80%, how many sales have you had total (ballpark)

5 sales? (4 out of 5 sales)

Or something like 40? (40 out of 50 sales)

Maybe not 80%, but by far the majority.

•••
Were they sales of over $50? Maybe $25, I'm guessing. If you want a big sale, don't bother with web forms.

Maybe not 80%, but by far the majority.

•••
Out of 6 sales I have had this year from contacting endusers, one of them was from a contact form. If I am on the fence about a domain, the deal breaker is often if I can get a direct email address to someone with decision making authority in the company.

•••
Were they sales of over $50? Maybe $25, I'm guessing. If you want a big sale, don't bother with web forms.

Randy, might surprise you to know that Pound has probably had more sales than most of us and I doubt if he ever sold anything to an end user for less than $xxx, more likely $x,xxx or higher.

Just because someone doesn't tout his success doesn't mean you talk down to them - I'd love to hear about your sales given that you're now a self proclaimed authority on this thread's subject.

I've had a couple of decent sales after contacting companies via the contact form, a decent sized company has an ERP, which would ensure your mail actually reached the person who does make the decision.

•••

Why do you insist to enforce your own opinion on others? - may be other ppl have different experiences from yours.

With all the years that you seem to have been in this, have you not realised things are not as black and white as you're trying to portrait, in this business?! I mean anything can happen in this business and besides if a domainer's only way of selling his domain is this way, then leave it to him and let him do it and find out for himslef. Just because you haven't got results doing it this way that does not mean others won't!

PS- I would take a note of Smurge's slogan at the bottom of his posts!

•••
It's nice to see ppl talking about success with web-forms. It's the first time I've ever heard ppl talk about having success with them.

•••

Obviously.

Randy, might surprise you to know that Pound has probably had more sales than most of us and I doubt if he ever sold anything to an end user for less than $xxx, more likely $x,xxx or higher.

Just because someone doesn't tout his success doesn't mean you talk down to them - I'd love to hear about your sales given that you're now a self proclaimed authority on this thread's subject.

I've had a couple of decent sales after contacting companies via the contact form, a decent sized company has an ERP, which would ensure your mail actually reached the person who does make the decision.

Thanks -- good news about the sales, congrats!

It's nice to see ppl talking about success with web-forms. It's the first time I've ever heard ppl talk about having success with them.

You'd be surprised about contact forms. Obviously it takes some luck, but messages, if written well, do tend to end up in front of the eyes that matter.

•••
Forms

Where do you find these Forms? tnx

•••
Where do you find these Forms? tnx

They are contact forms that you find usually under "Contact Us" on any website.

Many websites use a contact forms instead of giving out an email address.

Last edited:
•••
If you have the CEO email, is it worth send him a email for a potential sell?

•••
If you have the CEO email, is it worth send him a email for a potential sell?

Yes, I've sold to several CEO's. They are the decision makers so it's easier to make a deal.

That's been my experience with it at least. I sold a domain to a CEO today for $200.

•••
I have had good experience with "contact forms".
I would say nearly all of them don't end up in spam folders and someone reads them. Its good if you can find the name of the managing director (for small companies) and markting manager (for bigger companies) , or both, before sending so that you can mention the name of them in the contact form.

•••
After going my career never hearing about mail-form success stories, I've read a bunch of them in the last page or 2. So I suppose forms really aren't a bad idea.

•••
Do you think having a "Unsubscribe" link in your emails may trigger spam filters?

•••
Now that's a great question... too many legit newsletters use the words so I really couldn't see spam filters doing anything there... but I could be mistaken.

Do you think having a "Unsubscribe" link in your emails may trigger spam filters?

•••
I don't use "unsubscribe" in my emails. It is used by many Spammers (like this Alex from Bellnames/Epik).

I always mention "if you are not interested, simply ignore this email. I will not contact you again" (and i really don't contact them again if they don't answer).

•••
Archangel

Archangel, sometimes is the only form of contact on a website. Funny enough I get more replies with contact forms than direct email. I make sure I keep my email very short. I have even closed a deal by logging a ticket with several companies :) I am not one to list my sales but the below are just a few sales recently by contact form. Somtimes even the contact form will say contact us for a quote bla bla BUT I still use it if the domain is great they won't care.

webdesignerschester.com
webdesignwestsussex.co.uk
ipadsoftwaredevelopment.com

After going my career never hearing about mail-form success stories, I've read a bunch of them in the last page or 2. So I suppose forms really aren't a bad idea.

•••
Even if it's a big corporation, would you still contact the CEO?

Yes, I've sold to several CEO's. They are the decision makers so it's easier to make a deal.

That's been my experience with it at least. I sold a domain to a CEO today for $200.

•••
Even if it's a big corporation, would you still contact the CEO?

Yes, I would advise that you do. The CEO is the decision maker so it would be easier in my opinion.

I sold a domain for $1,200 to a CEO a while back.

The company made more than 5 million a year. As long as your domain is decent they might be interested.

•••
The company is making billions of dollars. They own the hyphen .com, I have the non-hyphen .com.

Yes, I would advise that you do. The CEO is the decision maker so it would be easier in my opinion.

I sold a domain for $1,200 to a CEO a while back.

The company made more than 5 million a year. As long as your domain is decent they might be interested.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back