Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
**BEFORE you buy or register any name, think very carefully about your potential target audience, what REAL benefit the name will bring to an end user, and why they should choose to spend hard earned money on your name rather than any of the millions of others out there.

**Have high quality domain names (dot coms sell the highest proportion of all extensions), so the end users find and reach out to you!

**List names in marketplaces with the most eyeballs, including but not limited to Godaddy, Afternic and Sedo.

**Follow other people's advice about doing outbound emails and make sure your email list is very targetted and relevant to the domain name.

**Be patient and persevere - not every domain name will sell!

**Rinse and Repeat!!!

•••
Hi, I need help to close a deal, I contacted the buyer and he agreed to pay $300 for the name, so I sent him a dan transaction lead, the transaction was accepted by the buyer but he hasn't paid yet it's been 8 days ago.

Please let me know how to follow up.

Thanks in advance.
just ask if there are any issue from his side with the payment and or if he has any questions about how to proceed.

good luck

•••
I basically only sell to the so called "end users" or at least I sell at the so called "end user prices" ;)

Basically what hat I do is:

1) Look for simillar domains and extensions & Conduct searches in SEs for related websites.

2) With this I compile a Email list of potential interest buyers (based on website or WHOIS contacts).

3) Then I set the name on auction (no FSBO).

4) Right after setting up the domain auction I send out a mail to each identified potential buyer, and inform them about the auction.
(1 by 1 and personalized for each buyer)

Important in my experience is, that if you want to attend a decent sales price is to set up the auction BEFORE you mail the potential buyers. This has the effect, that it puts indirect pressue on buyers (bid now or you never have a chance again)
A FSBO mail to a potential buyer has not much effect, or you just receive a bunch of real low offers.

PS:
It is advisable, to evaluate trademark conflicts before you send mails ;)
Hello, thanks for the insights... Please where do you normally place your domain marketplace on auction?

•••
•••
I basically only sell to the so called "end users" or at least I sell at the so called "end user prices" ;)

Basically what hat I do is:

1) Look for simillar domains and extensions & Conduct searches in SEs for related websites.

2) With this I compile a Email list of potential interest buyers (based on website or WHOIS contacts).

3) Then I set the name on auction (no FSBO).

4) Right after setting up the domain auction I send out a mail to each identified potential buyer, and inform them about the auction.
(1 by 1 and personalized for each buyer)

Important in my experience is, that if you want to attend a decent sales price is to set up the auction BEFORE you mail the potential buyers. This has the effect, that it puts indirect pressue on buyers (bid now or you never have a chance again)
A FSBO mail to a potential buyer has not much effect, or you just receive a bunch of real low offers.

PS:
It is advisable, to evaluate trademark conflicts before you send mails ;)
Noted! Thank You!

•••
Hello everyone.
This is my first post on forum.

I quit my job after a lot of years and in last few days I have been devoting myself to learning about domaining. I read a lot of it on forum and It looks fun and challenging when done properly which is what I want to do, with your tips and steps i have read on this forum. ( mostly buy it for 10$ sell it for 100$ ) to end users.

Ever since I started thinking about this, a couple of people have tried to dissuade me from this, saying that this was good about 10 years ago and that there is no point in spending time and money on this today.

My question is :
Does it make sense to start doing this, since I am a beginner and still have a lot to learn?
I'm aware that you oldschoolers are still killing it :) but you have been in this for a long time.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm just looking for encouragement :)

Matko.

•••
Hello everyone.

I quit my job after a lot of years and in last few days I have been devoting myself to learning about domaining. I read a lot of it on forum and It looks fun and challenging when done properly which is what I want to do, with your tips and steps i have read on this forum. ( mostly buy it for 10$ sell it for 100$ ) to end users.

Ever since I started thinking about this, a couple of people have tried to dissuade me from this, saying that this was good about 10 years ago and that there is no point in spending time and money on this today.

My question is :
Does it make sense to start doing this, since I am a beginner and still have a lot to learn?
I'm aware that you oldschoolers are still killing it :) but you have been in this for a long time.

Matko.
I am not an active domainer. I am more like a domain speculator. Based on my experience, I would suggest that if you are really inspired with the domaining industry (from what you have seen/read/heard about it), then the first thing you should do is to learn things deeply and properly. You don't want to loose money on domains that aren't worth anything.

Secondly, start small. Register 3-5 domain names and try selling them first. You can start by registering local domains and you can do outbound to get things going. HINT/CAUTION: My experience with outbound isn't good at all, but I wasn't very aggressive and consistent with it, too, so results vary).

Finally, start with .COM extension. Once you see success with your .COM domains, you can then play with other TLDs.

I hope it helps. Happy domaining.

•••
•••
Presentation..
Presentation..
Presentation..

Finding "potential" end users/buyers is step 1. You do this by conducting a google search for the main keyword /s which your domain name serves/represents.

You then, take the time.. to find the "contact" email on these pages..
and you then,
create a positive, non atrusive msg. to send to theses "potentials"..
basically, an informative, courtesy msg. to make them aware that your domain is for sale.
* don't waste your time on a lengthy sales pitch.. out of respect.. a wise biz owner, will know and recognize the worth of a specific domain..
* simply make this domain web address available for "acquisition".
* be short.. and polite.. and NEVER, underestimate the intelligence of the end "reader" of your email.
* ALWAYS tell the end reader "who you are.. USE YOUR REAL NAME

My msg's go something like this:

Hello,
I am Wanda Cox, owner of the web domain: Whatever.com
I am currently offering this domain "for sale".
Should your organization, have interest in acquiring this domain, please
feel free to contact me.

ALWAYS list a contact email AND A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER.

In your closing signature.. it's good measure, to list your professional website address. (one which relates to your domain listings is best)

AND DON'T FORGET TO OFFER YOUR PHONE NUMBER.

I have rec'd a good # of phone calls, by offering my phone number. Folks wish to speak to the person they will be dealing with. be prepared to answer "domain transfer" questions..

GoodLuck!
Thank you very much for this information.

•••
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief
Many Ways to Conduct User Research: Visit your customers' web sites and look through them; Observe users in their workplace in the process of using certain software; Ask them about their motivation and their expectations

•••
Hello everyone.

My question is :

Matko.

Its not easy to make money in this game and it will more than likely take a few years before you get enough experience to start making any money. The best thing is to have a full time job and learn domaining on the side and gain and much experience and knowledge as you can. DO NOT register any domain in the first few months until you understand domain value. Check out dnjournal.com and namebio.com to see what sort of names sell. Good luck

•••
so happy to have found this tread , great information
one problem that i have found with namepros is that is so full of information that i get lost sometimes
already bookmark it to return again.
thank you

•••
Well, you can try searching for other Domains that use a combination of your Domain plus another word, so if you owned Games.com you could contact the owners of VideoGames.com, just watchout for TM'ed names.

or

Contact the owners of lesser ext., where you own the .com and they own the .net etc...
Agree with this.

•••
Hi,

Regards,
Sjarief
I have not sold the domain name to anyone yet.I have bought the domain from Godaddy. I want to sell domains at market rate.My domain is.com.If you want, I can also tell you the name of the domain?

•••
Hi,

Regards,
Sjarief
can you tell me how to find a not perfact but even sell it in good price , which type domain consider in "ai tool " keyword

•••
This thread has 3,000 replies and sometimes buried.

It is with great pleasure; i finally bookmarked it! This is a legendary thread.

Last edited:
•••
I personally wouldnt use a gmail, hotmail or yahoo email account to contact possible buyers, it just doesnt look pro to me, use one of your own Domains if possible.
Had done this with my own domain and got email that someone potential lead I contacted efore reported about spam and I received e-mail saying If I continue to contact people with offering my personal email will be blocked! (private email service)
So I use g mail and periodically receive replies from potential buyers and had sales also!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back