Dynadot

discuss Multiple name variations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Molly

Lyrical GangsterUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi. I’m brand new to domaining and am stuck on something… I’m buying multiple, similar variations of many of my domain names — partly because subtle differences seem to make a big difference in automated valuations.

Anyhow, I don’t want a potential buyer to think the other domains are for sale by others & to worry about competition. How do you guys handle this sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Any guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds like a bad plan.

All the variations would end up in the expired list after an year without any use to your main domains. Just register only those good names and forget the rest. Save the money for other good names when they become available.

•••
Thanks! How do you handle singular vs plural? I’m often buying both which is getting costly.

Last edited:
•••
Hi. I’m brand new to domaining and am stuck on something… I’m buying multiple, similar variations of many of my domain names — partly because subtle differences seem to make a big difference in automated valuations.

Anyhow, I don’t want a potential buyer to think the other domains are for sale by others & to worry about competition. How do you guys handle this sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Any guidance would be appreciated.

Slow down on buying names and take more time to learn what makes a valuable name first.

If multiple variations of the names you’re buying are available there is a reason why.

Plurals can make or break many names and are often the difference between a brand name and a product name… until you understand these details stop buying.

•••
Thanks, Kyle. That’s prudent advice. They’re all hand registered (or however you say that), but even that adds up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back