NameSilo

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi guys,

I recently hosted one of my domains, MostSearches()com for being able to send emails to end-users from its email adress, Office()MostSearches()com.

I am asking for your opinions/advices, is this a good email to contact end-users from? Also, should I post my names list portfolio, or at least some of it on the site and add a link or a phrase for that in the emails or take it one by one?

Also, which method has the best results, posting links in the email at sedo/godaddy... or negociate it directly if the "buyer" is interested?

Regards and thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone have success with selling to a US City Entity as their end user?

I reg'd a dot com name in mid 2008 and have since noticed that local city itself reg'd the dot net and dot org, roughly seven months after, in spring of 2009. They have an active website on the org with the net pointed to their site. For obvious reasons I would like to keep the name out of the actual thread, but am willing to share via PM with experienced domainers who are willing to help.

My question- Since I am no longer going to spend time or money (aside annual renew fees) on my dot com, I am considering selling the name and would like to start with that city entity as my first potential end-user. However, they obviously do not need the dot com, so I feel this may require a specialty email script, which is more conducive and more appropriate for this type of end user. Does anyone have such a script they are willing to share, or any tips on this type of end-user? Or am I safe in using any general business email script?

I would appreciate any assistance you are able and willing to provide. Feel free to PM if you would prefer to keep your info/script private and/or would like more detailed info, such as the name in question, etc. Thanks in advance.

-Regards

•••
•••
Anyone have success with selling to a US City Entity as their end user?

I reg'd a dot com name in mid 2008 and have since noticed that local city itself reg'd the dot net and dot org, roughly seven months after, in spring of 2009. They have an active website on the org with the net pointed to their site. For obvious reasons I would like to keep the name out of the actual thread, but am willing to share via PM with experienced domainers who are willing to help.

My question- Since I am no longer going to spend time or money (aside annual renew fees) on my dot com, I am considering selling the name and would like to start with that city entity as my first potential end-user. However, they obviously do not need the dot com, so I feel this may require a specialty email script, which is more conducive and more appropriate for this type of end user. Does anyone have such a script they are willing to share, or any tips on this type of end-user? Or am I safe in using any general business email script?

I would appreciate any assistance you are able and willing to provide. Feel free to PM if you would prefer to keep your info/script private and/or would like more detailed info, such as the name in question, etc. Thanks in advance.

-Regards

Not sure if I am understanding what exactly you are asking with that script thing? Do you mean a pitch?

Just tell them what you got to offer and what your asking price is, make it short and sweet...

But the enduser you described sounds more like the type you should give a call as well (make sure you speak to actual decision makers)

However, they obviously do not need the dot com

I disagree, they were smart enough to grab their name in 2 extensions and I am 99,9% sure they would have taken the .com as well if it were available, which makes them a top prospect IMO...

Good luck :)

•••
Not sure if I am understanding what exactly you are asking with that script thing? Do you mean a pitch?

Just tell them what you got to offer and what your asking price is, make it short and sweet...

But the enduser you described sounds more like the type you should give a call as well (make sure you speak to actual decision makers)

I disagree, they were smart enough to grab their name in 2 extensions and I am 99,9% sure they would have taken the .com as well if it were available, which makes them a top prospect IMO...

Good luck :)

Thanks for the reply. I realize my original post was a bit vague, and script was not the best word to use. I did in fact mean pitch. I was not sure if government agencies, such as the City of Denver, for example, need to be coddled, so to speak, by way of a tailored sales pitch. Or if a general, more direct approach was best.

The name is a city specific service name. The city itself reg'd the net and org seven months after I had reg'd the com. They have both pointed to their main "City of..." website. The fact they took both the net and org leads me to believe they may be interested in the com. However, since both are routed to their main site, and they have not expressed interest in owning the com, I am having doubts. In the end, all we can do is try, but I first wanted another opinion on the matter. I agree it is probably best to keep it short, sweet and to the point. The direct approach seems to work more often than not, but I have never pitched a name to a city government. The real hurdle now will be coming up with an appropriate price to gain their interest.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Rep added.

-Regards

Great info. Thanks for sharing. Rep added.

-Regards

•••
Who are willing to be my domain brokers?
I need a lot of money to fund my business.
Please every one help me sell my domains to end users.
I will give you 20% commission.
Please visit my site in my signature to see all of my domains.
I have sent 200 emails to potential end users but still no answers at all.
Any helps will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

•••
Hey guys. Today I sent out a couple emails and I got one reply with " a price would help" . I'm wondering which is the best approach when sending emails. Is it better to list a price initially or not?

•••
What is the best title for sending an email to a potential end user?

•••
Hey guys. Today I sent out a couple emails and I got one reply with " a price would help" . I'm wondering which is the best approach when sending emails. Is it better to list a price initially or not?

I never price my emails. Make sure you have a price in mind when you get a reply but I usually use this line in my email.

"If you're interested, just reply to this email with an offer or call me at the phone number listed below and we can negotiate a deal that is fair for both parties."

Regards,

Eric

•••

Mostly I send out emails saying: "reply if interested" but for my lower quality names I would like to clear out anyhow, I send my minimum enduser sales price + 50% or more on top of that (it's my negotiation room)

For me it's the domain name only, stay away from words like sale, great, offer, buy etc... or else you'll land in the spam folder too often...

•••
I was not sure if government agencies, such as the City of Denver, for example, need to be coddled, so to speak, by way of a tailored sales pitch. Or if a general, more direct approach was best.

The name is a city specific service name. The city itself reg'd the net and org seven months after I had reg'd the com. They have both pointed to their main "City of..." website. The fact they took both the net and org leads me to believe they may be interested in the com. However, since both are routed to their main site, and they have not expressed interest in owning the com, I am having doubts. In the end, all we can do is try, but I first wanted another opinion on the matter. I agree it is probably best to keep it short, sweet and to the point. The direct approach seems to work more often than not, but I have never pitched a name to a city government. The real hurdle now will be coming up with an appropriate price to gain their interest.

A few years ago I've sold DineLA. They have contacted me with an offer.

Many city/government agencies don't have a lot of money. So keep your expectation low. In DineLA's case, they were sponsored by local businesses at the time.

Over the years I was approached by some businesses and a few non-profit organizations and here are my suggestions:

1, don't be greedy. Many organizations don't understand the domaining business and they won't negotiate.

2, tell them the way it is: you were going to develop the site for your business but changed your mind (so they won't think that you are simply squatting the name)

3, it is perfectly normal that they don't respond to you at all. Often nobody is "in charge" with domain names.

Good luck!

•••
Earlier this year (4-5 months ago), I emailed about 50 keyword domain offers to end users who were paying to advertise when Google users searched for those specific keywords. Got a couple of phone calls, didn't close any deals.

One of the email recipients (who I hadn't heard from before) just called me - four months after getting the email - and we closed a quick deal, which is now in escrow. It's only for low $xxx, but considering that it was a $20 drop-catch, and that I'd given up on that email marketing effort months ago, it was a nice surprise. :)

•••
Who are willing to be my domain brokers?
I need a lot of money to fund my business.
Please every one help me sell my domains to end users.
I will give you 20% commission.
Please visit my site in my signature to see all of my domains.
I have sent 200 emails to potential end users but still no answers at all.
Any helps will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

So you're planning to use the funds to buy more domains?

Anyways, I dont think 200 emails is nearly enough unless the market for your particular domain(s) is narrow. You can't just send out 200 emails and sit back and watch. You have to continuously market your domains via email and by phone.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Definately not anything related to "Domain For Sale"

•••
Hello,
I'm having some problems with my email account, since every single mail i send from my own server is recognized as spam and go to the junk folder, at least i checked it for hotmail and gmail.

I enabled SPF records on my cPanel (under "Email Authetication"), and ask to my manager (it's a fully manager vps) to help me to figure out why it's recognized as spam, assuming i never used this server before to email or even spam (it's a pretty new vps, and however i've never spammed in my life).

After some days of working about this issue, my emails still go in the junk folder of every email address, and it is pretty annoying, since now i'm sure i'm unable to catch the attention of potential enduser.

I've been used Google Apps for one domain until i discovered also those emails were going to go to junk folder, and i don't mean commercial emails, i mean emails for my friends, i use it for my personal photography website and usually i give them an email like email[@]myname.com, it's cool.

Do you ever had this problem before? Have you figured out how to solve this annoying issue?

I know it's not strictly in topic, but i've read many complaints about this problem in this thread, and SPF records seems to not be the right solution, at least not enough.

--EDIT--

I've partially solved my problem using a third-part mail service (postmark). I'm trying the free trial, and it seems to work. Hotmail still recognizes my email as spam, but all the others i've checked don't.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
•••
Just to check, Is it better on the safe side to use Sedo escrow on a deal for small amount like $300? And does buyers( I sent through emails ) able to make paypal dispute after I sent them my domains and they get off with it? Thanks.

•••
Just to check, Is it better on the safe side to use Sedo escrow on a deal for small amount like $300? And does buyers( I sent through emails ) able to make paypal dispute after I sent them my domains and they get off with it? Thanks.

For small amounts like this I push first and let the buyer pay me afterwards, except for one transaction (buyer took forever to come forward with the payment but he eventually did) this always worked without issues for me..

Starting at 4 Digits I start considering using an escrow service but have even done a few "push first" in that range...

•••
Hey guys just sold my 2nd domain to an enduser for $200. It was a hyphenated .net.

I had gotten lazy til yesterday I decided to email some potentials and I got an instant " I want it now, how much?" reply.

•••
Be also prepared to get such a reply once in a while (got it today)

"Don't you dare to spam me again!"

:sold::cy:8-X:hehe:

•••
Nice, I got a "WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING US" reply the other day. I never spam, but hey, you can't please every one.

•••
Can see some domain traders use lots of different email addresses and send it multiple times. Should i use the same too? To avoid ending in the SPAM box..

•••
Can see some domain traders use lots of different email addresses and send it multiple times. Should i use the same too? To avoid ending in the SPAM box..

Best way (IMO) is to set up an email for every domain you are touting ([email protected])...

It's a little bit of an extra hassle but if you have Cpanel or use Google Apps it shouldn't take you more then 5 minutes...

•••
Hi, currently I'm selling my domains only here in NP as they aren't so many.
I was thinking to register in Godaddy auctions cause I have heard that it has endusers, but now I'm reading that many of you are selling them by emails. I thought that this was a worthless tactic as most people will get your email as spam, or anyway how can I find the email addresses of people who are interested in my domains? :S

Does it really worth sending emails or joing GoDaddy acutions, when my portfolio is quite small (check my signature for an idea), or I should stay here in NP?

Thanks for your time!

•••
Hi kosvam I think it really depends on the type of domain but its best to get your sales from multiple sources.

•••
Very useful thread guys. Going to email a few companies. Waiting to tide over the holiday season, when I'm assuming most businesses in the US would be closed & my mails would probably end up as part of backlogs and hastily deleted as marketing/spam.

•••
Very useful thread guys. Going to email a few companies. Waiting to tide over the holiday season, when I'm assuming most businesses in the US would be closed & my mails would probably end up as part of backlogs and hastily deleted as marketing/spam.

Made that error yesterday and sent out 30 for a few names. Regretted it instantly when I got loads of auto-replies saying they were out of the office...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back