NameSilo

Facebook Shares Plummet...lol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This was a true example of greed.

Its down 20% from the IPO price, down 30% from Fridays high.
$104 billion market cap was a joke.
$20 billion in market cap has been lost since Friday.
Morgan Stanley screwed up.
Mark Zuckerberg believed his own press clippings.

Facebook's IPO should have been at $15 - $20, not $38

Next stop the high $20s

:lol:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Today - Right Now

FB down 1.42%
Google down 1.28%
Apple down 0.20%

SGI up 3.82% (EPS -0.58)

Pesky fundamentals... this means a negative EPS is good, right? :sold:

Any stock can have a dead cat bounce...lol

I personally wouldn't touch SGI, its near a 52 week low from a high of $18
SGI does has a really low float of 29m shares.
and it has $88m cash on hand but it also has 30% of its float being shorted and that's not a good sign.

This is a stock you could play on the dips but its really risky

Good luck :)

•••
This what I was talking about earlier on how charts cant see this coming, Topeka put a buy rating on it late in the afternoon.

How are we supposed to know he is looking at the wrong companies fundamentals?

I thought it was because Ford announced they liked putting Ads on FB!

I sure hope the fundamentals stay the same... I can't bear to see any more volume on this puppy.

•••
My advice right now is this:
Buy FB stock!

My reason?
I will buy some advertising on FB.

•••
Yes Ford is going to increase there advertising on Facebook on ads to sell their t-shirts and toy cars. While GM pull their ads on Facebook for people driving cars because they say they were ineffective. Go figure.

•••
Yes Ford is going to increase there advertising on Facebook on ads to sell their t-shirts and toy cars. While GM pull their ads on Facebook for people driving cars because they say they were ineffective. Go figure.

Who likes GM anyway.. lol

All jokes aside, now is def the time to buy Facebook stock

•••
All jokes aside, now is def the time to buy Facebook stock

What's the reasoning for a buy? Being listed doesn't mean better earning potential.

Aside from that, there is very little data available to study the behavior or calculate other variables correctly at this point to predict price movements.

But there is a downward trend. It's overpriced.

FB has to make announcements now because it's listed. That's not special at all. And advertising isn't something new to them either.

:wave:

•••
I think fb will do fine. Its still a new to the market. Once it works its kinks out and better organizes there game plan i think it will raise.

Facebook is still new.. not even 2 weeks public and a young ceo with little experience in the mark at the reins..

Only time will tell.

•••
Facebook is the next Myspace which was the next iGlobe.

•••
Facebook is the next Myspace which was the next iGlobe.

That very well may happen, they will have to learn to continue to reinvent themselves time and time again.
That's the name of the game for all internet or tech companies.

Unless you are Microsoft then you can just rest on your past achievements and just be happy at being a cash cow forever and never really having to create anything new ever again and who's stock price has stayed around the same place for 12 years.

•••
I think fb will do fine. Its still a new to the market. Once it works its kinks out and better organizes there game plan i think it will raise.

Facebook is still new.. not even 2 weeks public and a young ceo with little experience in the mark at the reins..

Only time will tell.

The IPO is not a surprise. It's like going to a play and saying... well you know, it's only been on a few days - give them time - they'll learn their lines and then won't it be good.

What's the reasoning for a buy? Being listed doesn't mean better earning potential.
But it makes it easier to buy than when it's not listed.

MySpace is signing up 40,000 new users a day apparently :) It's not dead yet... except to Rupert.

Last edited:
•••
Fb is trying to get into the mobile market from what I hear. I know they have hired prior employees of apple.

I hope if facebook does buy rim they completely dump the black berry and start from scratch. Use the patents for some good.

The bb hasnt been changed significantly in years and slowly but surely rim is dying because the lack of innovation. Something must be done because obviously rim isn't trying hard enough

RIM is highly unlikely to be bought out even though we hear it on investment news all the time as a possibility. This is a result of tight protection the Canadian government has on American companies buying them out. RIM is a hero for innovation and technology in western Ontario and will not leave without a big fight from the government.

Keep in mind too RIM's core audience is business people and professionals. Although they have strayed away in trying to swing others over and have gained quite a bit of popularity - largely unintended from everyday users - innovation is not their problem.

Their problems are many but mainly lie in a lack of direction (management has been unfocused for years) and a disregard for customer service; reacting to problems and addressing them appropriately.

Innovation is what they are known for for business people. Their products are not made like the Apple and Google products for that reason. Besides that, their customers, mostly business people have craved consistency which they have delivered on and off. The problem demographic have been youth and everyday people, great customers but not the intended ones.

RIM's focus going forward will be a scale down of the company and reexamining their target audience. Once they have done that they can be a successful smaller business. The way they have been doing things though, it is a long shot.

Options traders will continue to have fun with this one.

Last edited:
•••
This what I was talking about earlier on how charts cant see this coming, Topeka put a buy rating on it late in the afternoon.

An analyst rating can always move a stock, we will see how long this love last.

I dont think for long.

They have already lost that loving feeling.
Down another 5.5%

One analyst cant keep a stock up, unless its a Goldman Sacks analyst.
Those guys have mystical magical powers :ghost:

:lol:

•••
•••
To be fair everything but gold/mines is down today

I did search for namepros is
down and ended up at Microguy's site.

The whole market is down because Mitt Romney is rebranding America to Amercia. You know those politicians can never admit mistakes - easier to stick with the new "truth".

•••
I miss microguy, my np dream is for microguy and fonzie to rekindle their "friendship"

I see mg pulled his forum. Damm

•••
I'm no stock expert, I used to buy Yahoo thinking that it'd have to go up at some point. lol

•••
I know how facebook can make some cash. One easy thing too. Get rid of them stupid apps other companies are making millions off in credit sales or like the mobsters stuff did off of godfather credits, and have your team do there own for the users. You could sell the credits for them and people would buy them like they do every other little mmorpg game out there.

•••
I miss microguy, my np dream is for microguy and fonzie to rekindle their "friendship"

I see mg pulled his forum. Damm

LMFAO!!!! That is classic stuff there johname.

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

I know how facebook can make some cash. One easy thing too. Get rid of them stupid apps other companies are making millions off in credit sales or like the mobsters stuff did off of godfather credits, and have your team do there own for the users. You could sell the credits for them and people would buy them like they do every other little mmorpg game out there.

Why hell yes i want to build a virtual farm. NOT!

Zucker will have guru up some revenue streams to even get shares back up to $38 , I don't see it happening. We web users like "FREE", Charging users a fee might work at first and for a very short time IMO.

Revenue streams on a free social network is a touchy move, If it in any way effects it's users IMO

•••
Down another 3.5% to $26.75
I should have bought those Jan/2014 $5 puts for .10 on Thursday, would have doubled my money by now :P

•••
•••
.40 for $25 puts looks really tempting :$:

Damn, I should have pulled the trigger on that.
at .70 cents now :(

FB hit under $26 today on its way to under $25 :)

•••
Fb is going up soo far today

•••
Im still not buying any shares..lol

•••
Facebook (FB -0.45%), whose botched IPO will be remembered for decades to come, is attracting record numbers of short sellers.

According to data from Bloomberg News and Data Explorers, short interest in the company is about 6% of shares outstanding. No other S&P 500 company with at least $50 billion in market capitalization has a short interest higher than 3%.

As of June 4, about 37.5 million Facebook shares were sold short, compared with an average daily volume of 72.6 million shares, excluding the first day of trading, the news service said.

Sentiment regarding Facebook isn't bearish, it's downright morose. Shares of the social networking company have slumped nearly 30% since its IPO as investors wonder whether the reality matches the hype. For now, the answer appears to be a resounding "no." This is not simply Schadenfreude, a German word meaning rejoicing in the misery of others.

Earlier this week, analysts at Bernstein slapped a $25 price target on the stock, below where it trades now, arguing that there was a "material risk" to the stock because investors will question Facebook's ability to meet 2013 forecasts. Indeed, many investors, who recently believed Facebook could do no wrong, now seem to think the company can do no right. It's easy to understand why.

Read more about the stock you should not buy at all!
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=4d5ef716-ce25-4e20-8d01-c0f0b5b046e8

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back