IT.COM

Facebook Shares Plummet...lol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This was a true example of greed.

Its down 20% from the IPO price, down 30% from Fridays high.
$104 billion market cap was a joke.
$20 billion in market cap has been lost since Friday.
Morgan Stanley screwed up.
Mark Zuckerberg believed his own press clippings.

Facebook's IPO should have been at $15 - $20, not $38

Next stop the high $20s

:lol:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The problem with FB and Groupon is that anyone can come along and develop a site like those, you can put up a script and have one running tomorrow. They get some celebs to say I like that site and you're in competition.

Now google, with their patents and infrastructure and amazing search algorithms (like them currently or not) cannot be copied, at least not anytime soon.

Because of this I think fb and groupon are bad investments, but I wish I bought google at it's IPO!

•••
No wonder Warren Buffet said over a week ago that he was not interested in FB Shares.

He'll probably wait till they drop to about $5-10 a share

•••
Buffet won't touch something as crap as FB. He is more old school.

You mostly see him chasing investments which has a great past of generating profits. Here and there he will buy something which needs some fixing up-but then it has assets which are undervalued.

FB is young and has yet to prove itself. Maybe only after a few annual reports, he would consider them, if FB has outperformed his expectations and is extremely profitable. Not likely.

Personally, I don't think FB is a good investment.

Sell while you can. :D

:wave:

•••
They were going to price it at $28 but decided to go for max at 38. It helped Zuc get married though lol NASDAQ found out too late their system cant handle the mass cancellations on IPO day which seems so weird. The premium so high buying at these levels that figuring out mobile monetization of FB is a complete must!

•••
When Google had its IPO it went up, but like Ben42 says; the Big G is a different animal. I under bid for it so I missed out on a great opportunity because it just kept going north all the time. Just over 3 years ago I did buy some Apple shares, watched them go up a bit then bang, they dropped in the 2008 stock market crash. I kept holding back from selling them, but eventually did, losing quite a bit by selling them at about $100. A month ago they hit $640. What an amazing stock

"They were going to price it at $28 but decided to go for max at 38."

Looks like a lot of greedy people or bankers or financial institutions behind that change of IPO price, which is now backfiring.

Last edited:
•••
Well, facebook under pressure to make money.
So in the works?
A plan to charge every user for using facebook.
Think about that...
900 million users...
At a buck a head per year...
900 million dollars...

Go for a buck a head per month?
You figure out...

•••
•••
FB shares will go down to about $4 a share, 900 million users, does not mean 900 million people with money. There will be investigations into this IPO, I feel sorry for everyone who got caught up in the hype.

$38 a share based on nothing but projections, I say it will move towards $10 within 2-3 weeks, and years before it ever climbs back up. Everyone is so conditioned to think that because it's an IPO, the stock will automatically go up, but this FB IPO will cloud all future IPO's. I bet most holders have set up to sell at their purchase price; for those who don't/won't/can't stand the idea of taking a loss, this month will be slow death.

Three weeks, ten dollars. JMHO,

•••
I say it will move towards $10 within 2-3 weeks

$10?, Probally wont go under $25 in the next 3 weeks (unless the market crashes lol) There alot of share sold under hold conditions (cant sell for 180 days) People will be on it like a rat on a cheeto (thanks ecalc) in the $20's no matter if Apple and Google are better values.

•••
FB shares will go down to about $4 a share, 900 million users, does not mean 900 million people with money. There will be investigations into this IPO, I feel sorry for everyone who got caught up in the hype.

$38 a share based on nothing but projections, I say it will move towards $10 within 2-3 weeks, and years before it ever climbs back up. Everyone is so conditioned to think that because it's an IPO, the stock will automatically go up, but this FB IPO will cloud all future IPO's. I bet most holders have set up to sell at their purchase price; for those who don't/won't/can't stand the idea of taking a loss, this month will be slow death.

Unless some earth shattering news comes out, I say it will languish in the low to high $20s until the next earnings report.
Then after earnings or lack thereof we will see the teens.
:imho:

•••
Well, facebook under pressure to make money.
So in the works?
A plan to charge every user for using facebook.
Think about that...
900 million users...
At a buck a head per year...
900 million dollars...

Go for a buck a head per month?
You figure out...

Just taking a buck per user would have been a much softer kill lol, There are some folks getting pounded right now.

I see FB just like i did myspace, Web users drool for the next big thing, It is due, It has been a while.

•••
Looks like a lot of greedy people or bankers or financial institutions behind that change of IPO price, which is now backfiring.

Looks like most of the relevant domains got taken a while back, mainly 2009 or earlier - Facebook + fraud, lawsuit, lawyer, Fadebook, Fraudbook etc
But facebookscandal.com was registered recently, 18 May 2012. Nice one, not mine.

Facebookprosecution.com is free, so is facebookshort.com and facebookshortselling.com and facebookdump and facebookdumping.com, not to mention facebookponzi.com

I see swindled.com is on auction at Sedo today, currently just $210.00 (not mine)
http://sedo.com/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=128037

Last edited:
•••

The issue facebook faced was the media. The media hyped Facebook up so much that so many first time investors and short term investors bought stock thinking it will go up rapidly like google. With that not happening the first day or two they sold there stock (can't afford to stick it out) and increased the supply which in return caused the price to drop.

I honestly don't think it will go below 25$. I see it shooting up very soon. Maybe not into the range of google , but in the mid - high xx. Range.

Personally I'm waiting for it to drop some more before I buy some. Many senior investors are doing the same. Once it drops a significant amount I feel more serious and long term investors will follow suite

•••
Hope they are not relying om my once a week visit to bail them out !

•••
Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18234004

Facebook manufacturing a smartphone!!! wow my first question would be wouldnt it be a crappy phone because lack of patents. But with nokia dumping the "feature phone" market by going all in with MS smartphone, that opens the door for facebook to challenge china manufactures on the low end phone market. You know FB is taking this up now to prop up their stock.

•••
Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18234004

Facebook manufacturing a smartphone!!! wow my first question would be wouldnt it be a crappy phone because lack of patents. But with nokia dumping the "feature phone" market by going all in with MS smartphone, that opens the door for facebook to challenge china manufactures on the low end phone market. You know FB is taking this up now to prop up their stock.

Thanks for the article Johname. :tu:

Indeed, that wouldn't be a good smartphone. FB lacks the necessary resources to complete with global giants. The only thing that they have behind them is an inflated market cap- waiting to burst. They are trying to break into new markets with limited funds. Perhaps they going to have a rights offer sometime in the future. :lol: That'll just be a joke.

Timing of this news is just to help dampen the effect of the whole IPO issue.

:wave:

•••
The problem with FB and Groupon is that anyone can come along and develop a site like those, you can put up a script and have one running tomorrow. They get some celebs to say I like that site and you're in competition.

Now google, with their patents and infrastructure and amazing search algorithms (like them currently or not) cannot be copied, at least not anytime soon.

Because of this I think fb and groupon are bad investments, but I wish I bought google at it's IPO!

I absolutely agree! This is what I would describe as barriers to entry. The Instagram purchase was a move by Zuckerburg to add something to the plate that Facebook will have, somewhat of a tangible asset. Even then it's a long way from Google patents.

I originally believed in this stock for purely a day trade on the opening week. I figured if enough people were interested (people who've never invested) got involved it would drive the price throughout the day and the following week.

Long term it is absolutely necessary that Facebook diversifies its holdings and moves away from social media advertising as its money maker. It needs to explore mobile, television, search, etc.

This was one of my most popular posts last month on the Facebook IPO. It highlights some of the sentiments.

I absolutely did not agree with the valuation as others have stated.

•••
•••
Down Goes Frazier, Down Goes Frazier

Next stop the high $20s

:lol:

Hate to say I told you so...oh wait, I love to say I told you so :lol:

Lost another 10% today now at $28.84

Mid $20s here we come!

•••
I watched the FB trading today, no "bump" at all lol Its at the lowest price considered for the IPO wouldnt surprise me if it hangs out at this level for a while. Two big things happen today. Option trading started today for FB and the rumor that FB wants to buy Opera Software

•••
I watched the FB trading today, no "bump" at all lol Its at the lowest price considered for the IPO wouldnt surprise me if it hangs out at this level for a while. Two big things happen today. Option trading started today for FB and the rumor that FB wants to buy Opera Software

There's Also a rumor spreading that fb is in takes to buy rim. Rim currently has a market cap around 6 bil.

I think it will a horrible investment. Just let rim burn

•••
Struggling moblie phone manufactures are now judged by the patents they own. They might have 6 bil in patents, i dont know. NorTel had 3-4 bil if i remember right.

•••
Fb is trying to get into the mobile market from what I hear. I know they have hired prior employees of apple.

I hope if facebook does buy rim they completely dump the black berry and start from scratch. Use the patents for some good.

The bb hasnt been changed significantly in years and slowly but surely rim is dying because the lack of innovation. Something must be done because obviously rim isn't trying hard enough

•••

.40 for $25 puts looks really tempting :$:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back