NameSilo

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm receiving this error message, although the names have been verified..

There is 1 error
  • invalid registration_date parameter

•••
It appears that Dynadot finally started to offer bankwire payouts. Fine, time to start actively using the marketplace then :)

However:
1) https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy says:
Does it mean that if I renewed a bunch of domains yesterday (paid via CC), and sold a domain today, then Dynadot will not send a bankwire, but issue a (partial) refund of a recent *unrelated* CC purchase? While this may be convinient in some cases, there are other cases (accounting) - I spent $$$ yesterday and it is one transaction, and received $$$ today - another transaction. Messing up accounting is a big NO. Please make this feature optional.
What that means is if you renewed some domains via CC accidentally and then needed them cancelled and refunded, we would refund it back to the payment method. It would be unrelated to any other sale or purchase you make!
2) Bankwire request form includes a field for beneficiary bank SWIFT, which is what it should be. As a matter of fact, international wires travel via 1 or more intermediate banks. Which is why it is useful to include intermediate (corresponding) bank SWIFT to make sure that the wire will be routed correctly. If it is not done, sending bank will try to determine the route on its end, and this process is not always successful or optimal. Please add an optinonal field for intermediate bank details (applicable for international wires only).
I will check if we can add something like that!
3) Bankwire request form seems to offer currency selection. Does it mean that I can be paid in lets say Euros for sales in USD, and, if so, what exchange rate will be used?
Yep exactly! If you do choose a different currency, we will need to check the exchange rate that day before we send the bank wire.
4) In some cases, I receive communications from potential buyers and send them to appropriate marketplace to finalize the purchase. To let me serve these buyers better, please clarify - buyers from what countries (states, territories) - if any - are subject to additional taxes if they purchase aftermarket domains @ dynadot ? EU VAT, Canadian GST, sales taxes, etc...
We do not have additional taxes on our domain prices, all prices listed are the exact amount that the buyer will pay.

•••
As an update, I successfully used the TXT verification method on a name today that verified quickly [within minutes] (well quickly after I used the correct TXT code :xf.wink: ) This was a different TLD (this was a new TLD from Identity Digital) and registrar (Spaceship in this case), so not sure if it is something Dynadot improved, or that verification is fast sometimes depending on other parameters. I will try some others later today. Life would be so much simpler if you had one TXT code per Dynadot account, rather than one code per domain name. I
We've been working on that steadily so glad to hear it's working better!
The problem (still) is that for externally-registered and verified names when you go to list them for sale the use Dynadot landers option (that is normally there for Dynadot registered names) simply does not appear. So there is no way the lister can choose it, so no lander page appears.

Same thing, the Ask AI option is not there to choose. I am not sure if that is intentional, but would definitely be nice to have AI-generated descriptions on the listings, for those that want them.
I've made the request to add that as it shouldn't be an issue!
I think anything that adds confusion for a potential buyer is bad. For example, the Alexa link just takes people to a page selling Amazon services. Even if it did provide data, it would be confusing, since any name that has not been developed will not rank, of course. The potential buyer might think, oh, there must be something defective with the name, whereas it is simply that the data is not relevant to names that were never developed. The data would be relevant for wholesale buyers of developed names, who might want to know if the name had any SEO juice from past development, but otherwise seems to me just confusing.

Thanks for looking into the various issues, and have a nice weekend.

-Bob
Sounds good. I will check if we can add a filter for what results you want shown at the bottom. Appreciate the insights!

•••
I'm receiving this error message, although the names have been verified..

There is 1 error
  • invalid registration_date parameter
Hello, could you please send me a screenshot of that error and which domain it is for? I'd like our engineers to look into that.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hey Everyone,

We have launched a new promotion for Prepaying your account with Direct Debit!

Starting now, when you choose checking account/direct debit as the payment method for prepay, you will receive a 3% bonus of that amount in account credit instead of the previous 1-2%. This bonus will apply to every prepay transaction paid with a checking account.

We are offering this 3% bonus until January 31st, 2024.

This 3% bonus overrides the previous the previous prepay bonus of 1% for 10-50k and 2% for 50k+, however prepays made with Check and Bank Wire are still subject to the original bonus structure.

Cheers,
Caleb

•••
Hi Everyone,

I have more exciting news regarding our auctions!

Starting today, we have partnered with Identity Digital to showcase an exclusive list of their inventory. These auctions will all last for 10 days so be sure to grab them while you can! All auctions will have 1 year added to their registration automatically. These start as low as $10, and have no reserves, so every auction is guaranteed to complete! You can find the Identity Digital auctions here: https://www.dynadot.com/market/registry-auction.

Please note, we’re unable to offer installment payments for these auctions.

Happy Bidding!

-Caleb

Last edited:
•••
Starting today, we have partnered with Identity Digital to showcase an exclusive list of their inventory. These auctions will all last for 10 days so be sure to grab them while you can!

It would be nice to see the estimated renewal prices.

Some registry premium names have ridiculous pricing.

•••
It would be nice to see the estimated renewal prices.

Some registry premium names have ridiculous pricing.
Of the current line-up, only x.partners is a Premium, so the others should all have Regular Renewal prices! We're currently working on adding the Renewal prices to the auction pages though!

Last edited:
•••
Hello @Dynadot chat not working properly on mobile UI issues.

•••
@Dynadot need your help to resolve Ticket #14989

Appreciate your help.

•••
Great question! The transfer fee will be paid by the buyer when the purchase is successful.
Dynadot asking me as a seller to pay transfer fee.

•••
•••
Who pays for a domain transfer if the domain was purchased on the Dynadot marketplace, but is located at another registrar?
Dynadot asking me as a seller to pay transfer fee. Seller should transfer the domain to Dynadot.
So i go to delist my names.

•••
Dynadot explicitly states: "Protecting our customers' privacy and personal information is of paramount importance and fundamental to the way Dynadot does business." (Terms of use - Privacy Policy).

I trust Dynadot. And, for security purposes, my dynadot account email was set specifically to communicate with dynadot only. I was literally shocked to find out that Dynadot knownlgly and voluntary shared my private (!) email with a third party marketing/reviews website, trustpilot. Earlier today, I received an invitation directly from trustpilot to my private "dynadot only" email:

To: my email
Subject: Leave Your Review of Dynadot

:(

What prevented Dynadot from emailing customers directly, instead of uploading the whole list of account owners emails to a third party?

Moreover, dynadot marketing dept. might want to perform a search on lets say "Can Trustpilot be trusted?" in G. Some interesting results will be shown...

Dynadot privacy policy also states (3.4): "You understand and agree that the processing of Processed Information is required for the provisioning of Services and for compliance with ICANN and registry requirements". Can Dynadot please explain how exactly sharing customers emails with Trustpilot Group plc (a Danish business) is required for above-mentioned purposes?

The last but not the least, what will Dynadot do should trustpilot be hacked someday in epik way? Do you want real emails of all your customers to become public?

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot explicitly states: "Protecting our customers' privacy and personal information is of paramount importance and fundamental to the way Dynadot does business." (Terms of use - Privacy Policy).

I trust Dynadot. And, for security purposes, my dynadot account email was set specifically to communicate with dynadot only. I was literally shocked to find out that Dynadot knownlgly and voluntary shared my private (!) email with a third party marketing/reviews website, trustpilot. Earlier today, I received an invitation directly from trustpilot to my private "dynadot only" email:

What prevented Dynadot from emailing customers directly, instead of uploading the whole list of account owners emails to a third party?

Moreover, dynadot marketing dept. might want to perform a search on lets say "Can Trustpilot be trusted?" in G. Some interesting results will be shown...

Dynadot privacy policy also states (3.4): "You understand and agree that the processing of Processed Information is required for the provisioning of Services and for compliance with ICANN and registry requirements". Can Dynadot please explain how exactly sharing customers emails with Trustpilot Group plc (a Danish business) is required for above-mentioned purposes?

The last but not the least, what will Dynadot do should trustpilot be hacked someday in epik way? Do you want real emails of all your customers to become public?
That request says:
"This review invitation email was sent to you by dynadot.com, using the Trustpilot platform. dynadot.com is the data controller of your personal data used to send this email, and Trustpilot is the data processor."

So I guess they get around it that way somehow...
Still, it has come from the TrustPilot service so I don't really see how Dynadot can be in control of the data when someone else is handling it. If it goes through a different platform they have lost control of it at that point in time.

•••

Hello! I appreciate your feedback and understand your concerns!

We've partnered with Trustpilot to securely collect verified reviews and feedback. The data is controlled by Dynadot and processed in a secure way by Trustpilot. I will certainly share your concerns with the team, but rest assured that we have done the due diligence to make sure all your data is safe.

•••
@calebdynadot hi need your urgent help Ticket #14989 i asked to increase fees from 10 to 20% we should finalize the sale and deliver the domain to the buyer.

Thank you

•••
•••
Domain sale successfully complete. Dynadot truly the best registrar with greatest support team.

•••
Please allow to close and/or completely disable large blue auctions banner/feed, especially inside the account management area. If I want to participate or bid - I will. Regardless. Earlier today logged in to manage my domains, expected to see domain management area, pure, clean and professional - which Dynadot is known for. In particular, I do not want or need or expect to see any banners inside - be it G banner ads, Y ads, auction feeds, whatever... Thank you.

•••
Sudden denial of transfer for expired domains by Dynadot.

DRt8CQ8.png

The response does not make any sense but I decided not to bother the support person further (as its likely not their decision anyway) and ask about it here instead. Why is a domain in the "expired" status within the 30 days period can not be transferred out now?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back