Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'll see if we can get something added there, even a link to our contact page. We do have the "request support" tab in the corner, but I can see how having something beside the actual "Contact Us" tab could be more helpful. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks! Yes, ''contact us'' in the top right corner just leads to a bunch of topics which no potential customer will bother to read. It needs to be something straightforward. (y)(y)

Last edited:
•••
Sorry if someone else already brought this issue (I haven't read the whole thread), but on the landing page next to ''Contact us'', there is nothing - no phone, no email or form to fill.

Show attachment 244976
We've made the "Contact Us" line a link that directs to our contact page, so customers can be directed right to our support! Let me know if that helps!

•••
•••
Hey @calebdynadot

I have a couple of suggestions for Domain Bulk Search:
  • Firstly, I'd love to be able to save my options so that next time I come back to do a search it checks the same TLDs instead of me having to change to my preference each time.
  • Secondly, the excessive cell padding is rather annoying in the results. I have a 24" screen, yet can only view results for 4 TLDs, but have to scroll sideways to see the others. If the results filled the wings of the page I could view more, or better still, I could view twice as many results if the cell padding was minimized.
    1692895892642.png

I'd love to be able to see results for 8 TLDs rather than 4...

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
One other thing @calebdynadot . After processing an order I receive a friendly 'Thanks for your Order' message.
1692896593081.png

Personally, I'd prefer it if I was automatically taken back to the My Domains page (https://www.dynadot.com/account/domain/name/list.html), or to my Account dashboard (https://www.dynadot.com/account/). If not, At the very least it would be awesome if your devs could add a couple of prominent buttons under 'Thank you for using Dynadot!' which say 'Return to My Domains', and 'Return to Account Home', or similar.

Thanks for listening to my suggestions. :)

•••
Hey @calebdynadot

I have a couple of suggestions for Domain Bulk Search:
  • Firstly, I'd love to be able to save my options so that next time I come back to do a search it checks the same TLDs instead of me having to change to my preference each time.
  • Secondly, the excessive cell padding is rather annoying in the results. I have a 24" screen, yet can only view results for 4 TLDs, but have to scroll sideways to see the others. If the results filled the wings of the page I could view more, or better still, I could view twice as many results if the cell padding was minimized.
    Show attachment 245110
    I'd love to be able to see results for 8 TLDs rather than 4...

Thanks!
For the "Save Search", were you thinking specifically saving the most recent search you did so everytime you can search the same thing, or would you prefer templates of settings that you could save and select when it's convenient to you?

I think minimizing the cell padding shouldn't be an issue, I'll check what we can do for that!

As for the Order Finished page, I don't think we'd want to remove that completely as I think it adds a good sense of completion when the order actually goes through (and shows the order number for reference), but having a "Return to My Domains" or "My Account" setting might not be a bad idea! I'll bring it to the team and see if we can workshop something for that. Thanks for the suggestions!

•••

Last edited:
•••
For the "Save Search", were you thinking specifically saving the most recent search you did so everytime you can search the same thing, or would you prefer templates of settings that you could save and select when it's convenient to you?
I was thinking the former, but I wouldn't mind at all if it were the latter. Either would be an improvement (so long as you could select your template with an absolute minimum of clicks).

Great, thanks Caleb.

•••
•••
I was thinking the former, but I wouldn't mind at all if it were the latter. Either would be an improvement (so long as you could select your template with an absolute minimum of clicks).

Great, thanks Caleb.
I'll do some workshopping with the team to see what we can do!

•••
•••
I have a question about bulk upload domains from other registrars to your marketplace, I've had an error after uploading csv (’Error: csv file not pass the check’), how should I fill it correctly if I want domains to be listed with Make Offer option? Thanks

•••
I have a question about bulk upload domains from other registrars to your marketplace, I've had an error after uploading csv (’Error: csv file not pass the check’), how should I fill it correctly if I want domains to be listed with Make Offer option? Thanks
Our marketplace currently doesn't allow domains from other registrars to be listed in our marketplace. That is actually something we'd like to have eventually (maybe by the end of this year or so), but that's still in the works. Sorry about that!

•••
Our marketplace currently doesn't allow domains from other registrars to be listed in our marketplace. That is actually something we'd like to have eventually (maybe by the end of this year or so), but that's still in the works. Sorry about that!
Should this specific feature be added, please make sure to allow external domains if and only if the owner confirmed the ownership via DNS (TXT/CNAME), and please make sure that dropped/expired/sold domains will be removed from Dynadot marketplace (there is no stable algorithm for this). At this time, as various NP threads show, there is a fraudulent practice where folks knowingly add domains they do not own, to all marketplaces, including expired (but not yet deleted) domains AND including domains listed for sale (somewhere). Also, folks frequently do not remove domains they no more own. I, for one, have to constantly check DAN, Afternic and Sedo removing fraudulent listings of my domains. Please also add extra human staff to take care of unevitable outdated or fraudulent listings, as an automation is impossible in this aspect. Thank you!

•••
Should this specific feature be added, please make sure to allow external domains if and only if the owner confirmed the ownership via DNS (TXT/CNAME), and please make sure that dropped/expired/sold domains will be removed from Dynadot marketplace (there is no stable algorithm for this). At this time, as various NP threads show, there is a fraudulent practice where folks knowingly add domains they do not own, to all marketplaces, including expired (but not yet deleted) domains AND including domains listed for sale (somewhere). Also, folks frequently do not remove domains they no more own. I, for one, have to constantly check DAN, Afternic and Sedo removing fraudulent listings of my domains. Please also add extra human staff to take care of unevitable outdated or fraudulent listings, as an automation is impossible in this aspect. Thank you!
For sure! We completely understand the frustrations with domains being listed that aren't actually for sale, which is why we're making sure the verification process for this will be top notch. I think at the moment we're going to be giving the owner a choice between DNS (TXT and CNAME), or using our NameServers to verify themselves.

•••
Hey Everyone,

We’re very excited to announce the launch of .AI Registry Auctions on Dynadot! You can find the Registry Auctions here: https://www.dynadot.com/market/registry-expired-auction

These Auctions work essentially the same as our regular ones, with some slight changes: Since these are directly from the .AI registry, the domains have no chance of being renewed or transferred, so the auction is guaranteed to finish and go to the winners account! Also, the winner will have 10 days to pay for the auction instead of the usual 48 hours, as we aren’t constrained by the typical grace renewal period. The won domain will be extended for a year, and no additional transfer or renewal fees will be applied!

Here is more info on how to place a bid on these Auctions: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/bid-ai-auction

Here are some of the great names we have on auction right now:

ca.ai
coaster.ai
drawings.ai
networking.ai
bulletpoint.ai
inputs.ai

Here is some more general info regarding our .AI Auctions: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/ai-auction

Please let me or my support know if you have any questions! Best of Luck!

-Caleb

•••
@calebdynadot

What do you think about adding a 3% bonus to prepay balance for bank transfers?

For example, porkbun offers a 3% discount on ACH payments because there are no credit card commission charges. I think this type of application would encourage prepayment.

I also sent you an e-mail a few weeks ago to make some suggestions about the website, I'm not sure if you received it.

•••
@calebdynadot

What do you think about adding a 3% bonus to prepay balance for bank transfers?

For example, porkbun offers a 3% discount on ACH payments because there are no credit card commission charges. I think this type of application would encourage prepayment.

I also sent you an e-mail a few weeks ago to make some suggestions about the website, I'm not sure if you received it.
Hello! We currently do offer that (just not as much as porkbun offers)! Prepayments from $10,000.00 to $49,999.99 paid by bank wire or check get a 1% credit bonus, and Prepayments for $50,000.00 or more paid by bank wire or check get a 2% credit bonus.

Last edited:
•••
@calebdynadot Caleb, I noticed what I believe is a new feature in my domain control panel: Reseller Hold off. Can you explain what this is about? Is it like a registry lock?

Last edited:
•••
@calebdynadot Caleb, I noticed what I believe is a new feature in my domain control panel: Reseller Hold off. Can you explain what this is about? Is it like a registry lock?
Yes this is a freshly launched feature! The Reseller Hold works as a Registrar hold that the reseller has access to if need be. What this means is that the Reseller can put this hold on their domain and prevent the domain from propagating/being transferred.

This is mostly for dispute purposes if the Reseller has a domain they manage and they need to disable it right away due to an ICANN complaint or something similar.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need more clarification on this. (The feature is only for Reseller Accounts so it will now only show if your account is a Reseller account)

Last edited:
•••
Yes this is a freshly launched feature! The Reseller Hold works as a Registrar hold that the reseller has access to if need be. What this means is that the Reseller can put this hold on their domain and prevent the domain from propagating/being transferred.

This is mostly for dispute purposes if the Reseller has a domain they manage and they need to disable it right away due to an ICANN complaint or something similar.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you need more clarification on this. (The feature is only for Reseller Accounts so if your account is not a reseller no need to worry about it!)
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. That is good to know.

•••
This months .COM Registration Sale is now live!

Code: SPOOKYCOM

INCLUDES re-registrations, so feel free to grab as many freshly dropped domains as you'd like! Sale ends 10/31/2023 23:59 UTC.

•••
Hi Caleb! @calebdynadot

I am wondering what is the point of removing ''Afternic'' and ''Sedo'' icons out of the main tab - from across the names? With different tlds, and rather large portfolios you can't say now which names are selling with whom, and earlier you could. Was an awesome thing, see absolutely no point in removing it. Or at least you can make it optional for those who want it (like me).

Another thing that would be cool to fix - when you change price in bulk for Dynadot landing pages, the text (and other things like installments) gets deleted for all the names involved. Then you have to go and write a text for each name separately. It just should stay intact in the first place.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Hi Caleb! @calebdynadot

I am wondering what is the point of removing ''Afternic'' and ''Sedo'' icons out of the main tab - from across the names? With different tlds, and rather large portfolios you can't say now which names are selling with whom, and earlier you could. Was an awesome thing, see absolutely no point in removing it. Or at least you can make it optional for those who want it (like me).
Hello,

This will actually be changed back to normal after our next server-restart, so you should see the Afternic and Sedo Icons re-appear after that! Sorry for the inconvenience there!
Another thing that would be cool to fix - when you change price in bulk for Dynadot landing pages, the text (and other things like installments) gets deleted for all the names involved. Then you have to go and write a text for each name separately. It just should stay intact in the first place.

Thanks!
I'll let my team know to see if we can change that, Thanks for letting me know!

•••
The domain names I've won on auctions WHOIS information does not update after the transfer to my account and they still show this wrong data:

Makefile:
Admin Name: Pending Renewal or Deletion
Admin Street: PO Box 701
Admin City: San Mateo
Admin State/Province: CA
Admin Postal Code: 94401
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.6502620100
Admin Email: [email protected]

This is big no-no for me as a domain investor since the potential buyers will think that this name is not active and they cannot contact me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back