IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many non-US banks would accept foreign (US) checks? A lot would not bother nowadays. We're not in 20th century. Paypal is an expensive option (receiving, converting to local currency to withdraw funds, etc). Payoneer which was mentioned earlier in this thread as a potential option has own issues. Wire transfer and/or crypto would be fine, but Dynadot does not offer these options. I'm not in US - resultingly, Dynadot offers my Dynadot-regged forsale domains via either Afternic or Sedo channels. Not too logical, as the domain is already @ Dynadot and there is a marketplace, but I see no practical way to receive regular payments from Dynadot. This also prevents me from transferring-in more forsale domains. I however like Dynadot in other aspects, use them for not for sale domains and for a limited number of forsale domains.

125% agree. The payout process is a complete disaster. In addition to the fact that Dynadot just processed a payment (after ''sold'' status already) for 17 days in my case, they do only transfer it to a PayPal account for European clients. Needless to say, at a hefty +5%, PP immediately started some sort of bank verification (I had an account there for years without changing a bank account), which lasted another week. Bottom line - it took about 25 days since ''sold'' to payout to the account.

I currently have around 350 names at Dynadot landing pages (I like them in generally!) but if this payment procedures won't be fixed, I will first try to take away to another platform any offer negotiation, and then if the things are the same in 2-3 months, I'll switch the landing pages to someone else. The lower fee just does not justify almost a month of waiting time (between Dynadot and PP) for your payment.

I can send any proof that ''me is me'' and ''my bank is mine'' - just request it and make payments directly to bank accounts - like pretty much everyone else. Thanks.

@calebdynadot

•••
How many non-US banks would accept foreign (US) checks? A lot would not bother nowadays. We're not in 20th century. Paypal is an expensive option (receiving, converting to local currency to withdraw funds, etc). Payoneer which was mentioned earlier in this thread as a potential option has own issues. Wire transfer and/or crypto would be fine, but Dynadot does not offer these options. I'm not in US - resultingly, Dynadot offers my Dynadot-regged forsale domains via either Afternic or Sedo channels. Not too logical, as the domain is already @ Dynadot and there is a marketplace, but I see no practical way to receive regular payments from Dynadot. This also prevents me from transferring-in more forsale domains. I however like Dynadot in other aspects, use them for not for sale domains and for a limited number of forsale domains.

•••
I think, cents in the price on landers are absolutely not needed, for prices that are set without cents.
Alternatively, they can be made smaller.
There are enough progressive domain selling platforms in the world that have realized that extra digits only interfere with the perception of the price. It was Dynadot's turn to do it!:xf.smile:
1688490267837.png

Last edited:
•••
Sorry but is not acceptable
Good news, The issue has been fixed as of last night! Sorry for any trouble this caused!

•••
First impressions

Pros:
- I like the new clean look
- Pages seem to load slightly faster

Cons:
- Can't filter the marketplace by length of domain, essential, should be an easy fix
- When you want to set multiple marketplace filters you have to wait for the page to reload after each one. Annoying, add an apply button and wait to refresh until it's pressed

•••
Hey everyone,

If you've logged in to Dynadot recently you've probably noticed that we've had a couple changes!

You can check out our Re-Brand Launch video here to get acclimated to our new look!

Attached below is our new Home Page and UserCP.

Since this is the first week of the new site being live, please let me know what you like/don't like what you want changed, etc. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot (74).png
    Screenshot (74).png
    707.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot (75).png
    Screenshot (75).png
    279.6 KB · Views: 42
•••
Sorry but is not acceptable
Hello sorry about this! Our team is aware of the issue and is currently working on fixing it. At the moment it just removes the last digit from the domains Landing Page, however it is still the correct price on our main site, and no one would be able to purchase the domain for lower than what you have listed it for. Sorry for the inconvenience here, it should be fixed relatively soon here!

•••
So if i sold a name for $30 in Dynadot auctions,

I can withdraw $30 into my Paypal account?

Wow! Then dont disapprove, doesnt affect me

Our account managers can help you out with payouts below the minimum amount, we'd just need to ask you to contact them at [email protected] for any such requests. The limit set within our system would still be $500 however, so it wouldn't be possible to submit the request with the standard payout process unfortunately.

•••
Hi Everyone,

We’re continuing our monthly product feature to showcase some of the products and tools we offer! We’re hoping that this will help familiarize new users with our platform, and brush up knowledge with our established users as well!

This month’s product feature is our API!

The Dynadot API is our exclusive system to manage almost everything for your Dynadot Account including automating registrations, without needing to even log in to Dynadot! You can Search for Domain Availability, Register Domains in Bulk, Set Name Servers, Renew Domains and much more!

While it is handy to have your own system or API terminal to put commands into, with our API you can input commands directly into any Browser! Here’s how to get started with it:

First, grab your API Key from the Tools section of your Account here: https://www.dynadot.com/account/domain/setting/api.html. You’ll then need to unlock your account and enter your password to grab your key. If you believe that someone else has unauthorized access to your Api Key, you can also delete the current key and generate a new one from this menu here. Below that, you can also specify which IP addresses can only access your key. If you leave it blank, any IP can access your API with the key.

Now that you have the API Key, you can now start using our API! You can check the list of commands from this page here: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/api-commands#animate, which detail all the instructions for every command our API can do. Our commands also come with a list of example commands so you know how it should look if you’ve never done an API Call before. I've also attached photos showing example commands, search results, search parameters, and the final image shows a completed API search.

When using the API to Register, Renew, or Transfer a domain, you must first make sure that you have Prepaid your account first, as you cannot use a credit card through the API. This allows you to automate your API purchases and get instant results!

That’s all I have for now, if you have any questions regarding our API, please let me know, or reach out to our support team at [email protected].

Cheers,
Caleb

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    237.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    231 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    218.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    210.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    58.9 KB · Views: 33
•••
The "Sell on Afternic" seems to be a pretty cool new feature. How does this differ from listing names directly from our Afternic account? Does it provide instant ownership verification even if the domain is incorrectly listed by someone else?
So this differs just a bit from the original way for now, in that once you first link your Dynadot account to your Afternic one, you actually don't have to go on Afternic at all after that to list all your domains! It can all be done from our side.

This is just the soft-launch for this feature, and we're currently working on how we can get old listings automatically removed as we know thats a very common problem.
And are our listings automatically removed if the domain expires or leaves our Dynadot account? Thank you.
Yes, Once the domain leaves your Dynadot account the listing should automatically be removed!

This is a brand new feature we're testing out, so any feedback on how we can improve it is greatly appreciated!

•••
Where are the "folders"? What happened?
Sorry about that! Our team is currently working on a new function for the folders so they were temporarily unavailable this weekend. The Folders button should show back up under 'My Domains' again though!

•••
Website is down for the last many hours. Also keeping the site down in maintenance mode without prior notification is totally unprofessional. They've to inform well in advance along with the estimated downtime.

•••
Hi Everyone,

Just a Reminder, we currently have a huge .COM Register and Transfer sale!

$8.75 for all .COM Registrations
$8.95 for all .COM Transfers with code: COMSWITCH at checkout

Both sales are active until the end of the month!

If you’re not familiar with how to Bulk Register and Bulk Transfer domains to Dynadot, here’s a quick breakdown on how to get started!

The Bulk registration tool is an excellent way to find all the domains you’re looking for at once! On our domain search page, simply select Bulk Search from the Domain Search page, and then type in the keywords you are looking for! You can search up to 20 TLD’s at once for every keyword entered! You can also do an Exact Search in which you can specify up to 2000 specific domains for our system to search for! The System will tell you which domains are available, and you can add them to your cart right from the search page!

For Bulk Transfers, you can transfer up to 1000 domains at a time, by selecting Bulk Transfer and then adding the domains and auth codes to the transfer section.

The domains should be formatted with the domain, comma, then the authorization code immediately after like so:
dynadot.com,1a2d3f4
dynadot.net,13425

If you have any questions regarding either of these or anything else Dynadot related, please feel free to either let me know or reach out to our support team at [email protected].

Cheers,
Caleb

•••
Anyone else suddenly receiving an unusual torrent of spam emails via private WHOIS contact?

Since Sunday, I’ve received about 50 of these forwarded emails. In the last 12 hours alone, I received over 20. And it looks like this bombardment won’t be stopping anytime soon.

It’s mostly happening to my recently registered domains, but not just those… mostly my .coms, but not just those. One common thread I’ve seen, so far, is that this is only happening to my Dynadot-registered domains.

@calebdynadot : I currently have over 1.3k domains at Dynadot, and I don’t want to have to endure thousands of spam emails. Can’t Dynadot block this ring of spammers? They’re not people with legitimate interests in any domain. They’re sending the same BS message about logo design services, and they’re doing it from multiple addresses—addresses you can see and perhaps then restrict (?).

This is annoying. Please help.
Hello! Could you please DM me your Username? I'm not sure how much power we have in regards to blocking these messages as we are required by ICANN to forward all messages sent to you, but I'll certainly see if there's anything we can do to help you out!

•••
Hi Everyone,

We’re very excited to announce the launch of our Open Marketplace! This means that you can list your domain from any Registrar on Dynadot’s Marketplace and take advantage of our competitive 10% commission from anywhere!

To ensure all listings are active and available, we require users to verify either with TXT or CNAME DNS, or with our Name Servers. (Note: Only domains using our Name Servers can use our For Sale Landing Page)

Here is how to list your domain on our Open Marketplace:
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/open-marketplace

Also, Domains must both be eligible for transfer (Not Registered in the past 60 days), and the TLD must be supported by Dynadot. You can see the full list of TLDs we support here: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/tlds-prices

Once you’ve sold a domain and your account has been credited, you can choose to Payout right away with no Payout Fee! You can check out our updated Payout Policy here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy
Alternatively, you can convert your funds to Dynadot account balance to use toward future purchases and save 2% off our commission!

Best of Luck selling your domains! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Caleb

•••
Dynadot an up comer registrar greatly respect

Problem; $500 min to payout from DD auctions

Hi @Samer. The $500 minimum only applies to payouts to non-US based Paypal accounts. I understand the amount seems high but we had to respond to Paypal's changes to fee structure back in 2018.

•••
I just realised that we have our "forum name" attached to all domains we list for sale at Dynadot – the landing pages may not show it but the marketplace does. Its a huge privacy risk since people can scrape the marketplace to get your portfolio and if for example one of your names previously had no data protection these people will get to know your personal data. I would like to opt out of it and have all my listings completely anonymous, without my "forum name".
Good news, our team has agreed to add this feature to our system soon! There will be an option in the account to hide your forum name on the marketplace.

•••
Hello,

We've just launched our biggest .COM Transfer Sale yet!

Please use COMSWITCH at checkout for $8.95 on ALL Regular priced .COM Transfers! The Coupon is active until 3/1/23 0:00 UTC (while supplies last). Happy Transferring!

-Caleb

Last edited:
•••
We’ve heard your feedback on the Domain Push matter, and we’re looking at ways we can help users who like the straightforwardness of the username, along with the anonymity of the forum name for pushes.The current way we’re looking at is to create a ‘Push Username’.

The Push Username is what you would give to the sender instead of your username or forum name. Once implemented, the Push Username would be identical to the account username, so any users who would prefer to use this method would be able to give the sender their username and the domain would be pushed no problem! However, for users that want to retain more anonymity, the Push Username can also be changed to whatever you’d prefer! It also must be unique in the system, so no Push Username can match any regular Username and vice versa.

During the initial stage of this change, for those who are concerned about getting the forum name and username mixed up, we are adding an optional security field: email address. If both username and email address are filled out, all info must match the receiver's account.

We hope this system addresses everyone's needs and concerns. Your feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

•••
Is it beta?

"We're an ICANN-accredited domain name and website building solution that helps make managing your domains simple, affordable, and secure."
ICANN does not accredit "solutions". Nor does it accredit website builders. It accredits registrars.

In payment options, there is Union Pay _card_ logo, but it does not seem that Dyna accepts this card. What Dynadot accepts is likely the following:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnionPay_(application)
I assume this is the case because Dynadot says -
  • Orders processed quickly - as soon as you send us the Union Pay payment.
  • We never see your personal financial data.
If so, the logo should be different - the one with 云闪付 text on red background.

Regardless, Dynadot might want to consider accepting the Union Pay cards, including non-China issued cards, in all currencies. By the way, this would be the only available payment option for Russia-based customers then [Unlike visa and mc, unionpay did not leave Russia].

In currencies supported, it says "USD $all payment methods except Alipay, eCash and Bank Transfer"
- while you mean local bank transfers in South America, one may guess that Dynadot does not have a bank account to accept wires.

And, the website translations - at least couple of languages I'm familiar with, are not natural. Did you use automated translators? Nobody looked into the results imo. For example, the header of Spanish version says "Dinadot | Registro y gestión de dominios asequibles - Creador de sitios web gratuito - Privacidad gratuita". Your script translated tradename dynadot to dinadot, even though tradenames and trademarks are not supposed to be translated in this context. Etc, etc, etc

Dynadot might want to revert the things back in the meantime.

Did not yet check what is inside now... did not login yet, I'm afraid to...

Last edited:
•••
Will there be a payment method through BitPay or another similar aggregator so that we can pay with cryptocurrency?
Take for example Namesilo has this payment method

P.S. New design is amazing!

Last edited:
•••
We do have a payout policy for accounts in USD and CNY.

@Dynadot
Re USD, you are probably referring to the check option.

2.png

Do you send checks to Europe?

If your customer lives in Europe and has its account credit in USD, do you send checks to Europe?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Alternatively, you can accept a Payout in USD (or most other currencies) internationally with PayPal.
Thank you @calebdynadot

PayPal happen to block accounts without giving explanations.
They say, according to their Terms of Service customers have no right to use PayPal so PayPal are allowed to suspend accounts anytime and even block those accounts forever at their sole discretion without giving explanations.
Funds that are already in or enter blocked PayPal accounts get locked in there for at least 180 days.

I will warn we have seen delays when sending international mail out.
Thanks for the heads up Caleb

I'm not asking for a binding statement, just your opinion: based on your past experience, how long does it take - at the latest - for a check to arrive in Europe?
1 month?
3 months?
More?

Other members can share their experience with international mail too.
That would be much appreciated

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for the late response here, was doing some digging to find a decent answer for you. The absolute longest we've seen a check be delivered to Europe is around 2 months, however we haven't seen anything that long for a long while. Typically it takes up to/around 1 month. Hope that helps!
It helps so much that now I'm going to put my jewels on sale again on Dynadot's aftermarket.
Thanks Caleb!

Just my opinion: Paypal is increasingly becoming untrustworthy, with them blocking accounts and keeping the funds without giving explanations.

1.png

The more people realize it, the more payout options will become one of the decisive criteria in order to choose which marketplaces to use and which ones to avoid.
For example, one of your major marketplace competitors offers only Paypal as payout option, which means that if someone's Paypal account gets blocked, their funds can only be re-invested within that registrar. No way out.

Just a subtle invitation to consider adding bank wires as payout option :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back