IT.COM

Don't deal with bio2pets - waste of time and energy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
Found him through http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=136836
Got paid $10, did the job, he said it was fine, so I left him a positive TR, he did the same.
I thought it was an easy lil' $10 project (took me 10 minutes), but here came trouble...
Next day, dude says that I coded it wrong... WTF. I looked in it, seemed to be a little error, I fixed it, changed the gradient in the menu to plain color, all double-tested, everything's fine. Spent about half an hour, after which he said I did a great job once again, etc.

Just now, 15 minutes ago: tells me that I need to re-code his template again. I asked what was wrong with it, he said that the menu on the left, again, gets screwed up when he types too much in the middle. I checked it on my computer, it seemed fine. A long talk turned into threats, even though the layout seemed PERFECTLY FINE on my side, and he kept telling me that it was messed up. Screenshot attached.

Don't deal with this guy... I don't want to hear anything from him, he got his 10 mother effin bucks back, just a heads up. NOT an easy-going person who looks at things in a real perspective... decided to pay me $10 and then, in his opinion, I was supposed to set up some PHP headers / footers? I told him many time that I am not a coder, he kept on saying that I don't understand what he's talking about. See screenshot to see what I'm talking about. Spent a lot of time, all wasted.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your stupid for sending the 10$ back. . hes nitpicking. . .

•••
I was fed up with this dumbass, not worth puny $10, all I know is that $10 is not a lot for keeping a community like NamePros here a better place. Now y'all know not to deal with him :) His language sounded like a 10 year old, with all WTF's and typos

•••
Probably IS a 10 Yr Old.

Anyway thanks for the heads up, nice to see one of our respected members keep his cool and his maturity.

•••
You shouldn't have refunding his money since you already did the job. I bet he just wanted his $10 back :td:

Did he give you a screenshot of the menu messed up when he added to much text?

•••
alegend said:
You shouldn't have refunding his money since you already did the job. I bet he just wanted his $10 back :td:

He used Internet Explorer, which DID make it look messed up, although I tried to fix it he said everything was looking bad, so to avoid any trouble I just refunded him and blocked his ScreenName.

Last edited:
•••
no comment, except

you know, i think it's honerable that you refunded his money, many pple wouldn't do that. Even though you worked and spent your time on the project that the dumf*k will never appreciate, your refunding the money really shows that you are honest take pride in your work. Many stores and services offer money back gurantees...

maybe you should have a test server and have the person/persons test the template, script before they get it, that way if they don't like it, they don't get the script...

just an idea :D

•••
I actually gave some rep to VIP earlier, i was very impressed about his mature outlook and good set of ethics, i think VIP is someone we need to look up to and aspire to.

•••
Wow, I'm flattered, really :) Thanks for the positive comments, I really appreciate all of this.

•••
Morphmaster said:
Probably IS a 10 Yr Old.
and you have point? I am an 11 year old and vip is 13... good thing that you gave the money back, RJwannabe (err thats in your name) because this could of gotten nasty

•••
Well hate to be a party puper but i did buy a template from v.i.p before i had the same problem. the template wouldnt expand lenght wise or it would be out of place.

•••

Is it really necessary to call the other person names?

There are two sides to every story. We haven't heard from the other party, and as spy69 points out, he's not the only one who had a dispute with vip-ip.

Not to mention, this is over $10, not 10K.

I commend vip-ip for giving a refund, and that was the right thing to do, but I wish everybody would stop presuming the other party is guilty without knowing the full story, and even if he is at fault, quit calling him names.

:!:

•••
Agreed DB, another good post.

Spy

•••
spy69 said:
Agreed DB, another good post.

Spy
I double-checked bio2pet template and it would expand just fine. Even when I got it done the second time, when I admitted my mistake and had to take out the gradients, I said that it was the last modification that I would do. At that point I have already spent enough time on him, only to get another "It's messed up" the next day.

•••
-db- said:
Is it really necessary to call the other person names?

There are two sides to every story. We haven't heard from the other party, and as spy69 points out, he's not the only one who had a dispute with vip-ip.

Not to mention, this is over $10, not 10K.

I commend vip-ip for giving a refund, and that was the right thing to do, but I wish everybody would stop presuming the other party is guilty without knowing the full story, and even if he is at fault, quit calling him names.

:!:

fully noted :D

i apologize for my quick fingers and hasty post.

Last edited:
•••
majinbuu1023 said:
Morphmaster said:
Probably IS a 10 Yr Old.
and you have point? I am an 11 year old and vip is 13... good thing that you gave the money back, RJwannabe (err thats in your name) because this could of gotten nasty
yeah, age has to do with nothing, its maturity, like look i'm 12, does that make a difference, i know for a fact some one else on NamePros is 13 but hes a great programmer, age has nothing to do with it, all that maters is maturity, not age, i meen you could be 56 and if your not mature, thats not good.age has nothing to do with it

•••
vip-ip said:
He used Internet Explorer, which DID make it look messed up, although I tried to fix it he said everything was looking bad, so to avoid any trouble I just refunded him and blocked his ScreenName.

You should have posted that in your first post but if he did want his money back because he wanted you to set it up in php headers and footers, and that wasn't a part of the agreement, then you shouldn't have refunded his money period IMO.

If he just wanted his money back because it wasn't coded right for IE, then you did the right thing by refunding his money IMO.

Bio2pets should post his side of the story now.

•••
alegend said:
You should have posted that in your first post but if he did want his money back because he wanted you to set it up in php headers and footers, and that wasn't a part of the agreement, then you shouldn't have refunded his money period IMO.

If he just wanted his money back because it wasn't coded right for IE, then you did the right thing by refunding his money IMO.

Bio2pets should post his side of the story now.

No offense vip-ip..
The fact you refunded his money shows you are a good person but also a sort of scared person. The fact you refunded his money may show that you did do something wrong and didn't want him to find out you did it.

Looking through the code. I see if he resolution was around 800x600 the menu would look really horribly. If you change your resolution to 800x600 you can see that the menu is all over the place. Many computers don't use this resolution but as stated he claimed the menu,etc was still messed up. This was probley the cause.

Perfectly excusable as many of us design for the resolution of which we use. But we should also keep in mind. As web designers. Not everyone uses the same resolution, colors, browser,etc.

Really depends upon how you look at it. He could of just done this to p*ss you off and get his 10$ back. Which you shouldn’t have refunded. Fight a battle! You will have lots of people like this in real life it is a good experience to learn this stuff. especially at your age. Vip-Ip

Best of luck next time.

iNod

•••
iNod said:
No offense vip-ip..
The fact you refunded his money shows you are a good person but also a sort of scared person. The fact you refunded his money may show that you did do something wrong and didn't want him to find out you did it.

Really depends upon how you look at it. He could of just done this to p*ss you off and get his 10$ back. Which you shouldn’t have refunded. Fight a battle! You will have lots of people like this in real life it is a good experience to learn this stuff. especially at your age. Vip-Ip

iNod

good point ....
anyway it's seems to me that the price is a little low for a good layout ...
not to mention the fast response ...
and it seems to me your work was ok for only 10 bucks ...

the layouts are always tested in more than one browser
firefox,internet explorer , opera ... etc...
this is one of the webmaster's nightmares : the differences between browsers ...
in my opinion you should have accepted his complaints and work it out ...
because it's your client and the client is your boss....he is always right ....

and i also believe that the next time you take a job, make sure you and the other side understand the conditions involved...
cheers ...

Last edited:
•••
vimkar said:
good point ....
anyway it's seems to me that the price is a little low for a good layout ...
not to mention the fast response ...
and it seems to me your work was ok for only 10 bucks ...

the layouts are always tested in more than one browser
firefox,internet explorer , opera ... etc...
this is one of the webmaster's nightmares : the differences between browsers ...
in my opinion you should have accepted his complaints and work it out ...
because it's your client and the client is your boss....he is always right ....

and i also believe that the next time you take a job, make sure you and the other side understand the conditions involved...
cheers ...

OK, people, you're missing something: the second I refunded his money, he changed it to his current blue one. The one that was there before, the one I coded, was yellow, here it is: http://www.vip-ip.net/bio2pets
I asked him about why he changed it, bio2pets said that he'll wait till the right coder codes it right. Well, fine with me. I didn't design it, all I had to do was code it. Which is why I refunded, if he doesn't think it's right let him have his money back. I'd definitely fight for it if I had to design it.

Even though I did go to the movies today and his $10 might've paid it off, I don't mind having a life at my own expense B-) Good luck to him and his "a massive asteroid hits planet earth" site :tu:

•••
vip-ip said:
His language sounded like a 10 year old,...and typos

Just a point,

dont judge people by typos...

•••
Sorry for the delay guys, didnt see this post since i dont post much at namepros.

I told vip-ip to code me a good layout in css, he said he wouldnt for 10$ so i said ok fine code it in html but make sure i can add it with a header.php and footer.php and can be viewed perfect by all broswers and screen sizes and also able to add php. He said ok.

I also told him to code the layout so the content part (middle) would be last wich he never did.

Also i told him when i type in the menu the whole gradient shouldnt expand only a little piece from the bottom wich never happend, as you can see the whole gradient expands wich makes the layout look horrible.

Also i said if the content in the middle expands i dont want the menu to expand wich he never did becuase everytime i added alot of stuff, the menu would expand.

I also told him that im going to be adding php so i need all the " to be ' wich he never did.

It took him about 2 days and he sent me the layout about 10 times, all 10 times he said the layout was fixied wich it never was and after the 10th time or about that much i just totaly got mad and said "look you cant do the job could you give me back my 10$", he agreed and gave it back.

I would also like to say that the current layout i have up right now was up before vip-ip even did any coding for me.

the image he posted was a diffrent menu becuase he couldnt get the gradient one to work right, but even with the rectangle box it still didnt work right, just had the same problemes. Oh and i forgot to mention that the text in the middle extended to fare when i told him only half way.

Last edited:
•••
bio2pets said:
Sorry for the delay guys, didnt see this post since i dont post much at namepros.

I told vip-ip to code me a good layout in css, he said he wouldnt for 10$ so i said ok fine code it in html but make sure i can add it with a header.php and footer.php and can be viewed perfect by all broswers and screen sizes and also able to add php. He said ok.

I also told him to code the layout so the content part (middle) would be last wich he never did.

Also i told him when i type in the menu the whole gradient shouldnt expand only a little piece from the bottom wich never happend, as you can see the whole gradient expands wich makes the layout look horrible.

Also i said if the content in the middle expands i dont want the menu to expand wich he never did becuase everytime i added alot of stuff, the menu would expand.

I also told him that im going to be adding php so i need all the " to be ' wich he never did.

It took him about 2 days and he sent me the layout about 10 times, all 10 times he said the layout was fixied wich it never was and after the 10th time or about that much i just totaly got mad and said "look you cant do the job could you give me back my 10$", he agreed and gave it back.

I would also like to say that the current layout i have up right now was up before vip-ip even did any coding for me.

the image he posted was a diffrent menu becuase he couldnt get the gradient one to work right, but even with the rectangle box it still didnt work right, just had the same problemes

Most of this is not true, I remember you telling me that you will use it for PHP and I said that saving it as .phtml will be fine. However, I don't recall anything being said about headers and footers before the job was done; I finished it, and heard about it afterwards. You never said anything about the menu, either. Perhaps I missed it, but when the gradient messed up, I replaced it with a plain image at no extra charge. (a fair and noble thing to do, right?)

But it gets better: nothing was said about the middle part being last.

bio2pets, you probably don't know much about HTML buddy, as well as I have no clue about your headers and footers. I don't do what you said above for $10; if I was told that I had to 1) do the whole layout in PHP, 2) make the middle part on the very bottom (which is only possible through PHP) and 3) have the menus slide perfectly, with the gradients in tact, I wouldn't agree for this.

When I saw bio2pets put all his content on the bottom of the page I basically knew 99% sure who I was dealing with. If a person doesn't know that to place stuff in the middle, like he said, I would need HTML tables, then he should learn some stuff about basic coding before getting into making web sites. I'm not criticizing, I'm just trying to stay on topic of warning people not to deal with someone like him.

•••
Morphmaster said:
Your stupid for sending the 10$ back. . hes nitpicking. . .
vip-ip said:
alegend said:

alegend said:

Vip-Ip claims it was messed up in IE when i told him to make it work in all broswers and gave him 10 chances mabey even more.

Morphmaster and alegend, VIP-IP didnt do the job right and i cant be picky if i told him what i wanted, its like telling someone to build you a house with a doors that are 3 meters in heights so everyone can get in but instead they make the doors 1 meter in height, wich only small people can get in not big people.

•••
And that half way comment you just edited in I can swear to god I haven't heard about, even after I refunded you your money.

Nice analogy right there too, with small people, I get a picture of who I worked for.

I don't want to waste any more of my time on this, I'm unsubscribing from this topic and will not visit it again; feel free to make judgements about me and bio2pets if you'd like.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back