alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
op is contemplating whether to buy an expensive .xyz and wants to see where the pendulum swings before diving in, thats all. Make your own mind up whether you want to invest in .xyz, @swetha has made a go of it and so has others. Some people arent diving in thats all. Its another tld.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Stay on topic boys lol
So xyż is not a scam. Its just to unbelievable to be true to those that missed .boat
The email from afternic to The Queen re: clinique answered questions for me I didnt have to ask general public
I know i know, should open a fake account that way people wouldn’t have to see my posts and username.

•••
True. The op has provided more insight than the hidden serial downvoters though

Yes, I am not a fan of that at all.

You can leave a comment, thanks, like, dislike, agree, or disagree. There are already plenty of legitimate ways to engage without an easily abused anonymous voting system.

Brad

•••
Did anyone else notice the historical sales for some of the xyz's being auctioned at SAV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of these being sold at a loss?
Check my post in this thread.

•••
•••
As long as people inflate keywords buying all is good.

•••
Not everybody can follow every auction everywhere all the time... Often some names fall through the cracks, especially close / during holiday times..

If people auctioned it off at the wrong time.. it's their loss ultimately and some that might have a lower than expected prices can partly also be due to the renewal rate - not to mention many of these are investor prices.
can u tell me what are the good time for auction? Time & date I mean

•••
Well i don't have hard data, but definitely holidays and weekends are typically not good times, and if you check typical buyers' countries, you might want the auction to end at an hour which corresponds to their business hours to maybe get a last minute auction bids.

•••
I sold a lot of them for $35 each a few years back.

Since... I sold src.xyz for 495

and drops.xyz for 4995

The older xyzs that are out there for normal rereg fees are fine. But I can't see buying one for 3000/3000 or something like that.
yeah true but it def is happening. have you seen the domain reports they are publishing? from the latest:
  • Highest premium sales:
    • $3,000 MSRP
      • Solar.xyz, Health.xyz, CC.xyz, BP.xyz, IV.xyz, WL.xyz, IN.xyz, YS.xyz, Business.xyz
Probably mostly regged for business/website use. They are actually getting these cheaper than some of the aftermarket sales these days lol (100k Pen.xyz). 100k / 3k = 33 years of solar.xyz :D :D :D

Last edited:
•••
Research+Data + analysis are your best friends . No rocket science .

•••
Put your self in the buyer shoes , and you will get your answer .

•••
•••
I always thought xyz domains are a marketing front to attract GEN X, Y, Z??

I have not seen ANY cryptocurrency using xyz. Some might...but not the major players.
You mean like block.xyz?

•••
Since you brought up the topic we're talking about web3 domain name so of course xyz is part of the web3 members as I explained above so must to give some contexts, you just don't get my point do you? My point is xyz could even be better than native blockchain domain names if it can be resolved by many BNS.

Yes I do get the point. And that's not the case now. Lots of ifs.

Same could be said about any other tld.

Like .com. I have no doubt it would easily outperform any other extension if on Blockchain.

But we're digressing and I'm sure the same thing is being discussed in the XYZ thread, if there is one :)

•••
1650787536036.png

So much Bollo*cks being spoke about this extension it's unreal.......someone's doing well with it...great......move on and do your own thing, but the constant ass kissing and lack of critical thought is a joke......

Question anything about it and you are classed as a troll :xf.rolleyes:

*I hold several .xyz domains and have sold one 1 this year, so nothing personal against the extension but the people pumping and promoting it are doing more harm than good......

•••
•••
because that's the reason causing it happened the different scenario with .us he mentioned, can't you just be a little bit forward thinking?
Can't you be a scintilla less rude?

•••
This thread still exists just because of NP free speech. If i were a mod, I would ban all these fake trollers who are trolling about .xyz.I will erase all these duplicate users who are acting like nice and gentleman with their normal username and trolling with fake ID's.
It's not a big task for mods to retrieve these trollers' identities and display them publicly.
How many threads create or how much negativity you spread .XYZ is the future. Its never gonna be a .US.
How many domains do you have it at the end of 2019 begin of 2020 ?

•••
The OP here basically just created a post then disappeared.

If you want to call something a scam, back it up with some evidence, data, or comments not just a screenshot with no context.

The fact that the OP has not participated after the first post says a lot.

Brad
True. The op has provided more insight than the hidden serial downvoters though

•••
As usual, namepros is full of haters .. continue hating on people who are selling and who are nice enough to freaking share. Different people are selling. It's normal that one person sells the most if that person has most of the names. AND GOOD FOR THAT PERSON as they took a calculated risk when others didn't.

YOU MISSED OUT ON GETTING INTO .XYZ EARLY ON, now you spend the time justifying why you didn't, to make yourself feel good. A few times a year I comment in some threads and 99% of the time I remember why I usually don't anymore. Namepros has gone downhill over the years.
You're in a thread where the original post is "hating" on .xyz and then 19 of the 23 replies are not. You're lacking perspective and then attacking the platform that you're here enjoying for FREE.

•••
Car.xyz sold from one domainer to another. It comes with a 1k usd renewal which not all domainers would accept in their investment strategies.
That’s exactly my point, extensions that charge a premium yearly fee (that is not fixed and can go up) is not really investable.

Investors don’t want them and most end-users don’t want them. So what we are seeing right now, mainly from Swetha is average or below average (hence the none premium fee) dictionary word sales in .xyz going for like $10k on average.

Fair play to her, but let’s have it right the only reason why start-ups are paying this amount, is because the .com is much more expensive and other extensions like .co/.io may already be in use or priced higher than the .xyz, not because they prefer .xyz over .com or prefer .xyz over extensions like .io/.co.

Last edited:
•••
What's so hard for you to understand?
He says that end user sales and reseller prices are far apart and then you began an inane ramble about premium renewals.

Last edited:
•••
can u tell me what are the good time for auction? Time & date I mean
Either when most people are awake or when your target market are most drunk to maximise the bidding.

For XYZ they'd have to be drunk.

•••
Excuse me, Namepros, but this statement is of a personal nature.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back