alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

NameSilo
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is the title > wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam <
And a namebio screenshot.
What is the scam @Bravo Mod Team

Above reg fee their not. Wonder if people bid not knowing renewal fee like they dont know if its an l or an I

•••
@Dot.us Are those premium renewals like chocolate.xyz
Its so young lol
If those are premium renewals, the dropper was double smart. One for dropping, one for removing listing from sedo.

Yes yes. Are those names standard renewal?
We should be moving this conversation now to xyz thread main one and closing this thread. Juice is juice though
security.xyz - 2,005 USD Renewal - 3000
talk.xyz - 1,265 USD Renewal - 3000
education.xyz - 782 USD Renewal - 3000
vodka.xyz - 530 USD Renewal - 700
recipes.xyz - 305 USD Renewal - 1300
chocolate.xyz - 201 USD Renewal - 1300
watches.xyz - 204 USD Renewal - 1300
ss.xyz - 107 USD Renewal - 1300

•••
security.xyz - 2,005 USD Renewal - 3000
talk.xyz - 1,265 USD Renewal - 3000
education.xyz - 782 USD Renewal - 3000
vodka.xyz - 530 USD Renewal - 700
recipes.xyz - 305 USD Renewal - 1300
chocolate.xyz - 201 USD Renewal - 1300
watches.xyz - 204 USD Renewal - 1300
ss.xyz - 107 USD Renewal - 1300

That's interesting. I wonder if all the buyers realized the premium fees, considering one like Car.xyz had such a hard time selling with a lower premium than some of those.

Brad

•••
This is the title > wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam <
And a namebio screenshot.
What is the scam @Bravo Mod Team

Above reg fee their not. Wonder if people bid not knowing renewal fee like they dont know if its an l or an I
Whilst I agree that the OP was rather lacking in detail about their complaint, there is some interesting stuff covered in this thread which I think makes it valuable.

It might not be in the right location, but discussion about whether something is or isn't a scam is of worth imho.

•••
The OP here basically just created a post then disappeared.

If you want to call something a scam, back it up with some evidence, data, or comments not just a screenshot with no context.

The fact that the OP has not participated after the first post says a lot.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The OP here basically just created a post then disappeared.

If you want to call something a scam, back it up with some evidence, data, or comments not just a screenshot with no context.

The fact that the OP has not participated after the first post says a lot.

Brad
True. The op has provided more insight than the hidden serial downvoters though

•••
True. The op has provided more insight than the hidden serial downvoters though

Yes, I am not a fan of that at all.

You can leave a comment, thanks, like, dislike, agree, or disagree. There are already plenty of legitimate ways to engage without an easily abused anonymous voting system.

Brad

•••
That's interesting. I wonder if all the buyers realized the premium fees, considering one like Car.xyz had such a hard time selling with a lower premium than some of those.

Brad
Hi

if you click on the domain in auction at sav, you can see the renewal fee in Auction Details table.
here's a current auction, not mine > https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/793726/baby.xyz

however, if you're scrolling down a list of "in auction" xyz and place a bid from that page,
without clicking on name first, then it's possible you may not be aware that it has a premium renewal.

with those recent sales and the lowclosing amounts, i tend to agree post below:
Affordable for ONE year or remain time until renew .
Buyers bid low & bet on this:
"If i have luck i will sell with some/nice money.
If not that is i lose only 201,204,107 etc...but i will not renew them because cost me xxxx $ " - lol so NO boat here 😉

in contrast, i see a name like "peas.xyz" that has regular renewal fee
but it has a bid that's higher than chocolates, watches and ss closed for.

domainers are betting on the spread :)

imo...

•••
Everyone's logic can be summarized as: if I sold one, wow, it's really a good investment; If I didn't sell any of them, wow, it's a scam.

People just never listen to each other anyway,Lol.

Last edited:
•••
Everyone's logic can be summarized as: if I sold one, wow, it's really a good investment; If I didn't sell any of them, wow, it's a scam.

We never listen to each other anyway,Lol.
the whole things a scam then my first two years of domaining lol. ty. :)

•••
The OP just created the thread and left.
We don't need to make the hole bigger.
let it RIP

•••
Did anyone else notice the historical sales for some of the xyz's being auctioned at SAV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of these being sold at a loss?

•••
It's like when people said that masks didn't work during the pandemic

Your statement contradicts itself.

We started wearing masks at the very beginning of covid, and it still turned into a pandemic.

lol

Last edited:
•••
Did anyone else notice the historical sales for some of the xyz's being auctioned at SAV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of these being sold at a loss?
Check my post in this thread.

•••
•••
•••
It's a scam .xyz but since here on NP free speach is not see with good eyes & be reported by some one who like only speak good things about .xyz i decide to stay away from topics about .xyz & .xyz registrations
I have 100 .xyz ( some of them are really good ) that will not sell in one million years
So good luck to all members
Peace to all
What really good xyzs that you are sure will not sell. … are you willing to part with??

•••
What really good xyzs that you are sure will not sell. … are you willing to part with??
The premium with 50000 first year of reg. , 50000 renew & 50000 tansfer no chance only end buyers maybe
With 13000 first year reg , 13000 renew , 13000 transfer - this maybe only end buyer acquire
At 3000 first year , 3000/year , 3000/ transfer maybe just maybe & only few people afford
At 1200 first year , 1200/renew , 1200 transfer - is a chance . It is the case of Car . xyz
But the rest premium worth to pay first year 350 to 1000 ( in this range ) & standard renew price
Unfortunately this names day by day remain few because are register , i mean domains with real meaning not random like ( example ) YYW

Yes i will part of this. Few days ago was not convince but when i see 3 domains from list i create was reg. i start to reg. 5 of them: AuT , WoT , Ich , ici & ien (this one is not mine just reg for a friend because i want to initiate in domain name business)

I think worth a shot for anyone to reg. up to 5 names

Last edited:
•••
As long as people inflate keywords buying all is good.

•••
Not everybody can follow every auction everywhere all the time... Often some names fall through the cracks, especially close / during holiday times..

If people auctioned it off at the wrong time.. it's their loss ultimately and some that might have a lower than expected prices can partly also be due to the renewal rate - not to mention many of these are investor prices.
can u tell me what are the good time for auction? Time & date I mean

•••
Well i don't have hard data, but definitely holidays and weekends are typically not good times, and if you check typical buyers' countries, you might want the auction to end at an hour which corresponds to their business hours to maybe get a last minute auction bids.

•••
can u tell me what are the good time for auction? Time & date I mean
Either when most people are awake or when your target market are most drunk to maximise the bidding.

For XYZ they'd have to be drunk.

•••
I sold a lot of them for $35 each a few years back.

Since... I sold src.xyz for 495

and drops.xyz for 4995

The older xyzs that are out there for normal rereg fees are fine. But I can't see buying one for 3000/3000 or something like that.
yeah true but it def is happening. have you seen the domain reports they are publishing? from the latest:
  • Highest premium sales:
    • $3,000 MSRP
      • Solar.xyz, Health.xyz, CC.xyz, BP.xyz, IV.xyz, WL.xyz, IN.xyz, YS.xyz, Business.xyz
Probably mostly regged for business/website use. They are actually getting these cheaper than some of the aftermarket sales these days lol (100k Pen.xyz). 100k / 3k = 33 years of solar.xyz :D :D :D

Last edited:
•••
Excuse me, Namepros, but this statement is of a personal nature.

•••
Research+Data + analysis are your best friends . No rocket science .

•••
Back