alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

Spaceship
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Like 22 divided by 7 harsh
I can still remember the answer to the 7th decimal. Can you?

•••
This kind of topic has been brought up again and again as you can see most of them are carrying registry premium renewal fees, and I don't think you didn't aware that since you've been around here so long. The sales from Swetha are all standard renewals.
Show attachment 214502o
What does that have to do with what he said? Confused!!

•••
Sure it's not a bad strategy for the people that control .xyz if people are stupid enough to pay a premium to acquire on of these domains and then pay a premium every year on top of that too to keep it, but it's not a wise investment to brand around Car dot xyz, an extension not even top 5 and unpredictable renewal fees.

People know this, hence Car dot xyz low price and will no doubt keep selling for around that price ($10k and under).
For those high premium renewal domains I think its strategy is tend to focus on companies that won't think spending on it is a big deal, in registry's thought, it is likely reserved in best scenario for famous companies to adopt them for promotional purpose.
I think what people have confused is that they think .xyz would experience the same pace as .com, if privatejet.com worth millions that doesn't mean it worth million in .xyz, and it seems like .xyz is meant to be famous on web3 which true worldwide popularity in industry is yet to come, so I suspect that when it does, those premium XYZ domains will eventually worth a fortune.

Last edited:
•••
You mean like block.xyz?
lol block.xyz is not a cryptocurrency. Do some research before you throw blockchain related terms to prove a point.

•••
lol block.xyz is not a cryptocurrency. Do some research before you throw blockchain related terms to prove a point.
Ok, my bad and actually I realized that earlier, Xyz wasn't popular during the cryptocurrency launch boom and that doesn't affect xyz gaining places in web3 niche.

•••
Only when more people succeed or not can it be proved.

•••
I like .abc more than .xyz
But .com is the worst.
Can you display results that show what you mean/backup.. by ".com is the worst" Folks here and I believe anywhere will have a hard time digesting this. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Those sales are pretty good.

•••
•••
•••
Please do lol
Its not a scam.
All sales are legitimate.
Gotta admit LetsGo/xyz is a wicked name. Guess it was drooped and not removed from marketplaces. Par for the course ⛳
Summary:so much phoniness in the biz really dont know what to believe.

•••
•••
security.xyz - 2,005 USD Renewal - 3000
talk.xyz - 1,265 USD Renewal - 3000
education.xyz - 782 USD Renewal - 3000
vodka.xyz - 530 USD Renewal - 700
recipes.xyz - 305 USD Renewal - 1300
chocolate.xyz - 201 USD Renewal - 1300
watches.xyz - 204 USD Renewal - 1300
ss.xyz - 107 USD Renewal - 1300

That's interesting. I wonder if all the buyers realized the premium fees, considering one like Car.xyz had such a hard time selling with a lower premium than some of those.

Brad

•••
This is the title > wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam <
And a namebio screenshot.
What is the scam @Bravo Mod Team

Above reg fee their not. Wonder if people bid not knowing renewal fee like they dont know if its an l or an I
Whilst I agree that the OP was rather lacking in detail about their complaint, there is some interesting stuff covered in this thread which I think makes it valuable.

It might not be in the right location, but discussion about whether something is or isn't a scam is of worth imho.

•••
What really good xyzs that you are sure will not sell. … are you willing to part with??
The premium with 50000 first year of reg. , 50000 renew & 50000 tansfer no chance only end buyers maybe
With 13000 first year reg , 13000 renew , 13000 transfer - this maybe only end buyer acquire
At 3000 first year , 3000/year , 3000/ transfer maybe just maybe & only few people afford
At 1200 first year , 1200/renew , 1200 transfer - is a chance . It is the case of Car . xyz
But the rest premium worth to pay first year 350 to 1000 ( in this range ) & standard renew price
Unfortunately this names day by day remain few because are register , i mean domains with real meaning not random like ( example ) YYW

Yes i will part of this. Few days ago was not convince but when i see 3 domains from list i create was reg. i start to reg. 5 of them: AuT , WoT , Ich , ici & ien (this one is not mine just reg for a friend because i want to initiate in domain name business)

I think worth a shot for anyone to reg. up to 5 names

Last edited:
•••
Well spotted that they're not selling like the hotcakes some people are making out. Lots of people are having a punt at it. I'm not. But we've pointed out many times that .XYZ names aren't selling that well. Not a scam but some people aren't truthful about how easy it is to lose money on these things (ROI).

Some are making good sales though which is good, but they're not very humble 😂.

•••
It's like when people said that masks didn't work during the pandemic or that it came from a lab in China.

The reality of xyz is due to strike home in approximately 2 years or less.

Next the social media platforms will be banning anyone from saying bad things about XYZ cause it's XYZ-ist.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I've personally never come across any tbh.

•••
3.1415927 you get a c-
So important to remember that at time.

•••
•••
I noticed people bringing up this argument a lot. I fail to see how .XYZ would give a company a significant advantage in web3.

Let's cut the crap. Web 3 has absolutely nothing to do with domain extensions. It's about the tech behind it and the way it works.

Now... there are obviously handshake extensions, pretty cool, but XYZ is no part of that.

When the time comes the layman will generally accept (let alone understand the concept of) web3, getting in on the decentralised web, they will prefer what's familiar to them. That's .com, ccTLD.

They're all just tlds, like XYZ. Technically not a single difference. So again, how does that make XYZ web3? It's just a narrative pushed by a certain crowd ignoring facts and reality.

Web3 enthusiasts and related companies may like the extension, don't mind adopting it, but ultimately: pushing the extension using this argument is nonsense.
seems you don't understand what gives a domain extension value. The global adoption rate of an domain extension is from its reputation, you could say that the function of all domain names are the same, but a large value derived from its image, .com is famous because it issued earlier and carried with good meaning(company, commercial etc.) nothing more, HNS allows you to create a domain extension does that mean the fame of the extension itself depends on adopters's own promotion? This largely limits its potential in value, which is an adverse condition to domainers, I am not saying HNS is bad, on the contrary I think HNS is a good project but as an investor's point of view it just needed to wait longer.

Last edited:
•••
Blockchain domains have their own competition, and until I can sense which blockchain browser (which blockchain domain names are friendly to them) or public chain will win out in the future, I won't be able to tell which blockchain domain will be worth selling, until then we can talk, but in case everything is unpredictable I did secured a little bit hns, zns, eth, sol, tez that I like.

Last edited:
•••
Since you brought up the topic we're talking about web3 domain name so of course xyz is part of the web3 members as I explained above so must to give some context, you just don't get my point do you? My point is xyz could even be better than native blockchain domain names if it can be resolved by many BNS.
I always thought xyz domains are a marketing front to attract GEN X, Y, Z??

I have not seen ANY cryptocurrency using xyz. Some might...but not the major players.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back