alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well spotted that they're not selling like the hotcakes some people are making out. Lots of people are having a punt at it. I'm not. But we've pointed out many times that .XYZ names aren't selling that well. Not a scam but some people aren't truthful about how easy it is to lose money on these things (ROI).

Some are making good sales though which is good, but they're not very humble 😂.

•••
Not everybody can follow every auction everywhere all the time... Often some names fall through the cracks, especially close / during holiday times..

If people auctioned it off at the wrong time.. it's their loss ultimately and some that might have a lower than expected prices can partly also be due to the renewal rate - not to mention many of these are investor prices.

Last edited:
•••
It's not a scam, per se, it's just pumped from all the high ticket sales. I've made several threads talking about this. But yes, many of the top 5-figure sales are from a select few brokers and portfolios.

•••
The sales happen typically due to quality regardless of who owns them.

Last edited:
•••
XYZ army "-"

200.gif

Last edited:
•••
Disregarding the premium renewals, it seems that many xyz names are undersold.

Also posting on a warning/scam thread with a screenshot of recent sales and no other info is just absurd.

Last edited:
•••
Well
In the list traveling.xyz was mine.

It was sold & my bank already called me about the receiving of money.

Also, guy.xyz for 4850$ in nAmebio sav sale was also mine.

I already gog the monry & reinvested in partner.xyz & ev.xyz

So , my experienced is legit yet

•••
I like .abc more than .xyz
But .com is the worst.

•••
•••
•••
so you compared auction price with retail price? you can reg a domain for $10 sell for $1000 either, what's wrong?

•••
so you compared auction price with retail price? you can reg a domain for $10 sell for $1000 either, what's wrong?
The gap between reseller prices and end user prices in .XYZ is quite striking.

If you look at the sales chart above it is quite amazing the quality of keyword that are selling for mid $XXX to low $X,XXX reseller prices. Several of those terms are likely (7) figures in .COM.

Though in fairness, that is how it works in most secondary extensions. I have sold some .US domains in the tens of thousands range that I purchased for (3) figures. You need the massive margin to cover for the low sell-through rate.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well
In the list traveling.xyz was mine.

It was sold & my bank already called me about the receiving of money.

Also, guy.xyz for 4850$ in nAmebio sav sale was also mine.

I already gog the monry & reinvested in partner.xyz & ev.xyz

So , my experienced is legit yet
Killing it, those are both A+

•••
giphy.gif

Oh no...another one missed the wave and is now raging.

•••
It's like when people said that masks didn't work during the pandemic or that it came from a lab in China.

The reality of xyz is due to strike home in approximately 2 years or less.

Next the social media platforms will be banning anyone from saying bad things about XYZ cause it's XYZ-ist.

Last edited:
•••
Good names will always sell.
There is no need to bad mouth about a particular extension which will do some damages to your friends here who have good names.
If you don't believe in it then move on and buy something else.

•••
Good names will always sell.
There is no need to bad mouth about a particular extension which will do some damages to your friends here who have good names.
If you don't believe in it then move on and buy something else.
Amen

•••
Exactly @johnn are we not all on this ride together.

•••
Last edited:
•••
As usual, namepros is full of haters .. continue hating on people who are selling and who are nice enough to freaking share. Different people are selling. It's normal that one person sells the most if that person has most of the names. AND GOOD FOR THAT PERSON as they took a calculated risk when others didn't.

YOU MISSED OUT ON GETTING INTO .XYZ EARLY ON, now you spend the time justifying why you didn't, to make yourself feel good. A few times a year I comment in some threads and 99% of the time I remember why I usually don't anymore. Namepros has gone downhill over the years.

Last edited:
•••
As usual, namepros is full of haters .. continue hating on people who are selling and who are nice enough to freaking share. Different people are selling. It's normal that one person sells the most if that person has most of the names. AND GOOD FOR THAT PERSON as they took a calculated risk when others didn't.

YOU MISSED OUT ON GETTING INTO .XYZ EARLY ON, now you spend the time justifying why you didn't, to make yourself feel good. A few times a year I comment in some threads and 99% of the time I remember why I usually don't anymore. Namepros has gone downhill over the years.
You're in a thread where the original post is "hating" on .xyz and then 19 of the 23 replies are not. You're lacking perspective and then attacking the platform that you're here enjoying for FREE.

•••
When @DNGear posted her latest sales, I was thinking they will surely spark a (hating/envious/angry) reaction by someone. I didn't have to wait too long.

•••
Back