alert Wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam?

NameSilo
Watch

Arjun Oli

AntiFiat.comTop Member
Impact
Screenshot.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
xyz is meant to be famous on web3

I noticed people bringing up this argument a lot. I fail to see how .XYZ would give a company a significant advantage in web3.

Let's cut the crap. Web 3 has absolutely nothing to do with domain extensions. It's about the tech behind it and the way it works.

Now... there are obviously handshake extensions, pretty cool, but XYZ is no part of that.

When the time comes the layman will generally accept (let alone understand the concept of) web3, getting in on the decentralised web, they will prefer what's familiar to them. That's .com, ccTLD.

They're all just tlds, like XYZ. Technically not a single difference. So again, how does that make XYZ web3? It's just a narrative pushed by a certain crowd ignoring facts and reality.

Web3 enthusiasts and related companies may like the extension, don't mind adopting it, but ultimately: pushing the extension using this argument is nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know if that's a scum, but I love it!
These are from today morning

Attachments

• viber_image_2022-04-26_14-38-31-887.jpg
    viber_image_2022-04-26_14-38-31-887.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 177
  • viber_image_2022-04-26_14-38-32-214.jpg
    viber_image_2022-04-26_14-38-32-214.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 180
•••
•••
May be we should create same title posts with fake ID's.

.Com is Scam
.IO is Scam
.Co is Scam
Exactly, Swetha.

The thread is under "warnings and alerts".. except there's nothing here. Lets at least take something away from this:

*ALERT* Warning, the OP is a bullshitter.

I really dislike bullshitters.

•••
It's not a scam, per se, it's just pumped from all the high ticket sales. I've made several threads talking about this. But yes, many of the top 5-figure sales are from a select few brokers and portfolios.

•••
When @DNGear posted her latest sales, I was thinking they will surely spark a (hating/envious/angry) reaction by someone. I didn't have to wait too long.
All these OP's just troll about .xyz and they wouldn't bother to respond. I guess this was an act of an old member having multiple accounts in NP.

Last edited:
•••
I see he changed the title but thread is still in warnings and alerts.
Whats the alert @Bravo Mod Team ?
Or did bravo change the title ?
this place was full of respect and pro fessionalism now its a place to post funny cartoons and talk about peoples failed marriages and politics.

•••
This is the title > wow, pretty amazing .xyz scam <
And a namebio screenshot.
What is the scam @Bravo Mod Team

Above reg fee their not. Wonder if people bid not knowing renewal fee like they dont know if its an l or an I

•••
SAV has many 4 figures sales and with your tenure, you know your statement is purposely biased... SAV is a domainer platform, not end user central. Nobody said 3 letter .xyz are necessary a good investment either. Check the sales and you can have a feel of what is selling for what ranges.

•••
its kinda insulting also because alot of people believe in their domains and think they have made a wise business choice for someone just to come around and start something up because they want to dabble is very dangerous territory.

•••
What's interesting is that the OP started a thread with a clickbait title, included a screenshot with zero context, & did not participate in the thread..

Besides being a clickbait title, it's practically an invitation to receive mail from the register company's lawyers.

•••
That's interesting. I wonder if all the buyers realized the premium fees, considering one like Car.xyz had such a hard time selling with a lower premium than some of those.

Brad
Hi

if you click on the domain in auction at sav, you can see the renewal fee in Auction Details table.
here's a current auction, not mine > https://www.sav.com/auctions/details/793726/baby.xyz

however, if you're scrolling down a list of "in auction" xyz and place a bid from that page,
without clicking on name first, then it's possible you may not be aware that it has a premium renewal.

with those recent sales and the lowclosing amounts, i tend to agree post below:
Affordable for ONE year or remain time until renew .
Buyers bid low & bet on this:
"If i have luck i will sell with some/nice money.
If not that is i lose only 201,204,107 etc...but i will not renew them because cost me xxxx $ " - lol so NO boat here 😉

in contrast, i see a name like "peas.xyz" that has regular renewal fee
but it has a bid that's higher than chocolates, watches and ss closed for.

domainers are betting on the spread :)

imo...

•••
Everyone's logic can be summarized as: if I sold one, wow, it's really a good investment; If I didn't sell any of them, wow, it's a scam.

People just never listen to each other anyway,Lol.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I wouldn’t say it’s a scam, but only 1 person seems to be making a great deal of money from it.

Car dot xyz as sold twice this year for $5k and under, a great keyword like that you have to ask why it sold that low (twice) in an extension ‘seemingly’ in demand. It wasn’t a hidden gem that no one knew about; many people knew it was on the market, I even got offered it.

If it was Car dot com, we’d be talking a 7 figure domain name and same can be said for many recent .xyz keyword sales in the OP's screenshot, many of those in .com's we are talking 6 and 7 figure assets.

Last edited:
•••
That’s exactly my point, extensions that charge a premium yearly fee (that is not fixed and can go up) is not really investable.

Investors don’t want them and most end-users don’t want them. So what we are seeing right now, mainly from Swetha is average or below average (hence the none premium fee) dictionary word sales in .xyz going for like $10k on average.

Fair play to her, but let’s have it right the only reason why start-ups are paying this amount, is because the .com is much more expensive and other extensions like .co/.io may already be in use or priced higher than the .xyz, not because they prefer .xyz over .com or prefer .xyz over extensions like .io/.co.
I don't think it's a wrong strategy to set up premium renewals for some famous words. xyz is a domain extension that was only issued in 2014, which is relatively young compared to other extensions. The domain name business is not a new industry, everyone knows car, tour are a good word, The value of the extension would be affected if it was released under standard renewal. How many failed cases are there like .biz, and the CEO knew it. This strategy is more accurate than before and more suitable as a new marketing strategy。

Last edited:
•••
Seems like more crypto sites are using .network, .io or .finance than xyz from what I've been seeing

Eg https://golden.com/query/list-of-cryptocurrency-companies-E5Y
This is an eye-opening perspective on what extensions tech companies are going with, I went through the first 1500 and only found 12 with xyz. The data doesn't reflect what a lot of articles keep saying about xyz being the fan favorite for tech, metaverse, crypto etc. Thanks for sharing.

•••
Show attachment 214538

So much Bollo*cks being spoke about this extension it's unreal.......someone's doing well with it...great......move on and do your own thing, but the constant ass kissing and lack of critical thought is a joke......

Question anything about it and you are classed as a troll :xf.rolleyes:

*I hold several .xyz domains and have sold one 1 this year, so nothing personal against the extension but the people pumping and promoting it are doing more harm than good......
You are just a hater. :ROFL:

Brad

•••
•••
op is contemplating whether to buy an expensive .xyz and wants to see where the pendulum swings before diving in, thats all. Make your own mind up whether you want to invest in .xyz, @swetha has made a go of it and so has others. Some people arent diving in thats all. Its another tld.
If he wanted to know where the pendulum swings he could have gone to the multitude of threads that allready exist regarding the same tired damn topic.

His intention was clickbait and attention obviously.

Last edited:
•••
I sold a lot of them for $35 each a few years back.

Since... I sold src.xyz for 495

and drops.xyz for 4995

The older xyzs that are out there for normal rereg fees are fine. But I can't see buying one for 3000/3000 or something like that.

•••
It's like when people said that masks didn't work during the pandemic

Your statement contradicts itself.

We started wearing masks at the very beginning of covid, and it still turned into a pandemic.

lol

Last edited:
•••
It's a scam .xyz but since here on NP free speach is not see with good eyes & be reported by some one who like only speak good things about .xyz i decide to stay away from topics about .xyz & .xyz registrations
I have 100 .xyz ( some of them are really good ) that will not sell in one million years
So good luck to all members
Peace to all
What really good xyzs that you are sure will not sell. … are you willing to part with??

•••
•••
Not everybody can follow every auction everywhere all the time... Often some names fall through the cracks, especially close / during holiday times..

If people auctioned it off at the wrong time.. it's their loss ultimately and some that might have a lower than expected prices can partly also be due to the renewal rate - not to mention many of these are investor prices.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back