NameSilo

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone tried SmartName?

Here is a couple examples they mentioned in their email :

I built plyo boxes on the SmartName e-commerce platform.

I haven't added unique content or back links yet and it already ranks:

Google: towards the top of 2nd page
Yahoo: 1st page, 2nd result.
Bing: Not indexed yet.

It's a nice product domain but didn't do well parked. Now it's getting a steady flow of traffic and making money.

It takes more than 3 minutes to setup one of these sites properly. Probably 20 minutes to do keyword research and fill out all of the customizable options. More if you add custom content and graphics.

You need to apply and acceptance is not guaranteed. Send me a PM if you'd like a referral code.;)

-Bill

•••
Bill, thanks for sharing! :) .. Rep+

Sounds good.

NameClerk.com said:
Now it's getting a steady flow of traffic and making money
From AdSense, sales commission or both?

Thanks,
Sameh

•••
Bill, thanks for sharing! :) .. Rep+

From AdSense, sales commission or both?

Thanks,
Sameh

90% from their product feeds which are PPC based. Only a click thru is required, not a sale. My adsense ads are very targeted but they're not performing as well. It makes sense since the Adsense ads display items which are already listed on the same page immediately below.

•••
waterfrontcapetown.com

About V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Looks nice except that when viewed on IE7 and Firefox the header image is not centered. It has pulled to the left. Also the "Waterfront Cape Town" title on top of the header picture is hard to read. Need to change its colour.

Waterfront in Cape Town are spectacular places to visit. I was there 5 years ago on vacation with family.

•••
•••
Looks nice except that when viewed on IE7 and Firefox the header image is not centered. It has pulled to the left. Also the "Waterfront Cape Town" title on top of the header picture is hard to read. Need to change its colour.

Waterfront in Cape Town are spectacular places to visit. I was there 5 years ago on vacation with family.

Thanks for comments
I definitely should change the colour of title.

•••
New one:
webconferencingsystem.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
Does anyone actually earn Adsense from their sites?

•••

yes, if you play by the rules, use white hat methods, and you provide quality content to your visitors, in the long term you will have some adsense revenue

•••
You can make money from adsense and other forms of advertising. BUT you need to remember that the minisite is the reason people visit the URL Not the ads.
So make it user friendly and don't flood the site with ads.
Especially annoying ads about being the millionth visitor or POPUPs
Plus don't believe the BS about the uglier the site the more likely visitors will click ads.
Or that any monetised links are bad.
Do your sites for users, not search engines and advertisers , the income will then roll in.

Last edited:
•••
Just finished with this site.
Optimized, tweaked and ready to go....:gl:
Flying Games

Last edited:
•••
Flying Games

Nice. How about making the links in the left menu more seo-friendly with a simple rewrite rule?

Since you mention amazon, why not affiliate yourself with them and have one extra revenue stream?

•••
Flying Games
Site looks nice. For my taste, I would add line spaces between the paragraphs as well as line spaces between the products.

•••
Flying Games
Nice, clean and simple. I agree about the paragraph spacing. Get some white space in there and it'll look even better.

•••
Picked this dn up yesterday; 'skull balaclava' gets 14,400 monthly searches, + is an extremely cool item, so I couldn't resist. One-page site with store but I'll have the other pages up after the weekend.

Skull Balaclava

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I thought for google adsense, your site had to have at least 20 pages of content. Is that not the case?

I would put at least 3 pages of unique well written content on if you want to rank well in Google, Depends on the competitiveness of the term you are going after.

also SEO 101, Do Not Submit your site too google

if google thinks your site is worthy they will find you.

Entrepreneur

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back