Dynadot

new gtlds Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wass

Established Member
Impact
Why "the new gTLDs haters" lose hours and hours in new gTLD discussions???

If there is a bad news for new gTLDs, "the new gTLDs haters" tell us that the news is true...
If there is a good news for new gTLDs, "the new gTLDs haters" tell us that the news is false...

And these haters work like as a team...
And I have the feeling that the new gTLD discussions are very very very important for them. Why???

Why they lose so much time if they are not investors????

If you are a new gTLD hater, this question is for you:
Why you lose hours and hours in new gTLDs discussions???
And why this topic is very important for you???
Of course, you know why but you can not tell us the truth... :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe @Bram C. could make us a calculation about how many hours a Hater spends on new gTLDs every day & how this affects their bottom line ?

•••
Maybe @Bram C. could make us a calculation about how many hours a Hater spends on new gTLDs every day & how this affects their bottom line ?
I'm not a hater so I wouldn't know.

•••
Well, not everyone who writes against gTLDs is 'new gTLD Hater'! There are many people at NP who write their honest opinion.

•••
Well, not everyone who writes against gTLDs is 'new gTLD Hater'! There are many people at NP who write their honest opinion.
Exactly. But some gTLD lovers won't accept that. If someone says something they don't agree with they are automatically labeled as haters. Maybe @Canadian can answer the question why she labels everyone who doesn't share her "vision" as haters.

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. But a lot of gTLD lovers won't accept that. If someone says something they don't like to hear they are automatically labeled as haters. Maybe @Canadian can answer the question why she labels everyone who doesn't share her "vision" as haters.

Agreed! But it is also true in opposite! There are a lot of .com lovers who are not ready to listen anything against it and start bashing others simply because they joined NP a couple of years ago.

•••
I'm not a hater so I wouldn't know.

Maybe @Canadian can answer the question why she labels everyone who doesn't share her "vision" as haters.
Oh yeah, I forgot @Bram C. is not a Hater, he just likes to spread new gTLD Negativity (his honest opinion!) ,but meanwhile is shopping for new gTLDs himself.

@Bram C. regardless of how small your new gTLD portfolio is compared to your .com portfolio, it's hard to take you serious.

let's stay on Topic...

Last edited:
•••

Short Answer: Because they hate them, so it is fully legitimate to discuss them for hours. lol

Last edited:
•••
Oh yeah, I forgot @Bram C. is not a Hater, he just spreads new gTLD negativity (his honest opinion!) ,but meanwhile is shopping for new gTLDs himself.

@Bram C. regardless of how small your new gTLD portfolio is compared to your .com portfolio, it's hard to take you serious.

I'm sorry but your idea that people who have invested in something are suddenly not entitled anymore to say anything negative about it is truly disturbing.

Btw, not to burst your bubble but it's hard to take you seriously. You said on several occasions that diversification is a good thing. And then you try, on several occasions, to make it look like my opinion shouldn't be taken seriously because I have around 12 gTLDs out of 700 .com domains. Isn't that what diversification is? lol Oh wait, diversification is a good thing but only when I'm a lemming afterwards who nods yes each time someone says gTLDs are the best thing since sliced bread?

Last edited:
•••
You guys and your labels. I'm curious, what about people like me who really like about 5 new gTLD's and think they will be very popular and have decent resell value. However think the all the rest are worthless and never will have resell value and never be popular. Is that being a new gTLD hater. if someone likes about 5 a lot , and thinks the rest is worthless?

•••
You guys and your labels. I'm curious, what about people like me who really like about 5 new gTLD's and think they will be very popular and have decent resell value. However think the all the rest are worthless and never will have resell value and never be popular. Is that being a new gTLD hater. if someone likes about 5 a lot , and thinks the rest is worthless?

Indeed. But that goes beyond @Canadian her comprehension it seems. She won't take you seriously anymore now, beware.

Last edited:
•••
Sincerely, @Metalogics I don't know you. I don't know if you are a hater or not.
But you @Bram C. I know you: you are a big hater... :-D

•••

What would you say for the people who write your NP joining date in post body and then ridicule you by labeling themselves as Domain Experts because you dare to say something in favor of new gTLDs?

I too believe that there are only 4-5 gTLDs which have potential to grow in future. Majority of them are useless.

•••
Only 5 good domains??? Not 6 or 7 maybe :-D

•••
•••
I am not a hater. Though I own many new gTLDs (https://www.metalogics.xyz/portfolio), but still I'm not a blind lover.
I'm curious, what about people like me who really like about 5 new gTLD's and think they will be very popular and have decent resell value. However think the all the rest are worthless and never will have resell value and never be popular.
Indeed. But that goes beyond @Canadian her comprehension it seems. She won't take you seriously anymore now, beware.
I don't like ALL new gTLDs either... In fact I think the majority of them is not investable !

What I don't get...
If you like several new gTLDs, Why do you partake in Negative discussions about new gTLDs in General ?

Last edited:
•••
I don't recall saying anything negative about all new gTLDs , I did partake in the discussing inaccurate comparisons and fear mongering sales pitches that people pitching new gTLDs like to create. I am a hater of bad sales pitches. That is what I'm a hater of.

Last edited:
•••
In fact I think the majority of them is not investable !
And I agree with that.

If you like several new gTLDs, Why do you partake in Negative discussions about new gTLDs in General ?

I'm partaking in many gTLD threads. And many non-gTLD threads. For example it's not a secret that I purchased 4 .store domains and I even mentioned those 4 acquisitions in a thread. I don't see how that could have been "negative" towards the new gTLDs? Not all my posts regarding the new gTLDs are negative, but yeah the ones I usually respond to are the ones that are hyping all of them and those end up with me giving my negative but honest opinion.

I'm like @Shimmy . I invested in a couple of gTLDs that I think will do well but I believe most will fail. If I see a "general" thread where someone claims "the future will be good (for all gTLDs)" based on a few irrelevant registry sales then I will give my honest opinion about it. And yes it will be a negative opinion because I completely disagree with that (naïve) view. Why should I ignore threads like that? If on the other hand someone would say " .blog will do great" I will say nothing negative about it because in my opinion there's a realistic chance that .blog will indeed perform well.

So let's make a deal, you stop claiming I'm a gTLD hater and I promise you that in the next .blog thread you will see me say something positive ;)

Last edited:
•••
I don't recall saying anything negative about a particular gTLDs
Exactly my point, Why don't You ?
If you like several new gTLDs, Why do you partake (and give likes) in Negative discussions about new gTLDs in General ?

•••
I thought I covered that. I partake in the discussing inaccurate comparisons and fear mongering sales pitches that people pitching new gTLDs like to create. I am a hater of bad sales pitches.

•••
If you like several new gTLDs, Why do you partake (and give likes) in Negative discussions about new gTLDs in General ?
Yes, this is the point: "and give likes"...
It's like a work for these haters.

Last edited:
•••
Ahh, so you answered my original question. If someone likes 5 new gTLD's and thinks the rest are worthless then in your eyes they are a hater. The rest of what you are discussing giving likes to pointing out bad sales pitches has nothing to do with liking the actual gTLD

•••
It's simple: If you see a likes under a negative comment it means that is a hater(80% of probability).

Last edited:
•••
so, i'm supposed to like the bad sales pitches instead?

•••
It's simple: If you see a likes under a negative comment it means that is a hater(80% of probability).
lol or maybe just maybe that person agreed with the comments that were made? If you like a comment that I deem negative does that mean you're a hater?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back