Domain Empire

discuss New Gtlds Why Not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SYAS

Established Member
Impact
i start this thread for talk about future new gtlds ?
why We are only looking Domain dot Com if new gtlds change All predictions what your action ?
google future use new gtlds for smart Sorting results ?
why we buy Long names at dot Com While names of the best available at new gtlds ?
and more why you can talk about this challenge and add your idea to this thread

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi SYAS, I'm struggling to get to grips with the new gTLD's. There is so much promotion from the registrars to sell them yet I don't know any popular websites on the web that are using them, the majority are .com or the cctld. I snapped up a few .bio's last year when it was released, chemist.bio and 007.bio I would say are my 2 best but not one bit of interest at all. It could be that it might take years for a "new" gTLD to actually attract any type of interest as everyone wants the .com or their country code. I think .club is doing good, I'm sure havana.club sold for quite a few thousand $ late last year.

•••
i start this thread for talk about future new gtlds ?
why We are only looking Domain dot Com if new gtlds change All predictions what your action ?
google future use new gtlds for smart Sorting results ?
why we buy Long names at dot Com While names of the best available at new gtlds ?
and more why you can talk about this challenge and add your idea to this thread

SYAS, new gTLDs are like a fine wine, gonna take time to age! :xf.grin:

•••
SYAS, new gTLDs are like a fine wine, gonna take time to age! :xf.grin:
yes but how we can Accelerate to this Challenge i have idea for new website

•••
yes but how we can Accelerate to this Challenge i have idea for new website

Launch and promote. Look at coffee .club and others.

•••
It's not really about Google or what any other search engine does. In fact, they are only going to improve their algorithm as time goes by... that's their main concern to gain or maintain market share.

What would be the purpose of buying a domain in any extension?

To flip?

When you're trying to sell something that no one has heard of, you will need to explain it. And a big lesson people learn, not only with domain sales, but with sales in general, is that explaining why a client "needs" a service or product, puts a massive dent in your pitch. They should be able to see the product, and decide for themselves whether or not they want it. With unknown products, you face this problem. Same with new gTLDs. People tend to switch off when they hear how they should buy something, because someone else thinks they "need it". What you really want, is that the client should "want it"... and all on their own.

To develop?

To develop... will people remember the extension? Will they maybe get confused with another extension? And there are many other things that you need to ask yourself. But these are things that you, if you are developing and have those skills and/or budget to develop, will have to answer.

To say that Google or whoever will rank it, because it contains keywords, or whatever, really doesn't play any part in value-because it is just not true. You could have someone using a domain that contains no keywords, it may be a made up name that has no meaning in any language, but ranks in first place, on the first page on search engines for a keyword. Here-the domain name plays no part in ranking. What does matter is relevance of the site to the keyword searched...SEO, SEO, SEO.

New gTLDs you ask? Just because they exist, you should buy? I say no.

•••
Scarcity = Value... New crap = New crap.

•••
why not gtld?? it depends on search engine provider. Google use .com for their commercial business. yahoo,bing,baidu etc.. if them make a decision to choose new .gtld for their site, i think everyone would change to invest on new gtld.
simple like that? its all about your prediction..

•••
To develop?

To develop... will people remember the extension? Will they maybe get confused with another extension? And there are many other things that you need to ask yourself. But these are things that you, if you are developing and have those skills and/or budget to develop, will have to answer.

To say that Google or whoever will rank it, because it contains keywords, or whatever, really doesn't play any part in value-because it is just not true. You could have someone using a domain that contains no keywords, it may be a made up name that has no meaning in any language, but ranks in first place, on the first page on search engines for a keyword. Here-the domain name plays no part in ranking. What does matter is relevance of the site to the keyword searched...SEO, SEO, SEO.

New gTLDs you ask? Just because they exist, you should buy? I say no.

You are right say but for example in 2018 in world we have more website about app you go to google and type i need xxxxxx app google first search dot app and show you Results this is smart because all people work about app like buy dot app

•••
why not gtld?? it depends on search engine provider. Google use .com for their commercial business. yahoo,bing,baidu etc.. if them make a decision to choose new .gtld for their site, i think everyone would change to invest on new gtld.
simple like that? its all about your prediction..

yes google and other Big companies not like dot com lost Their power but new generation of people come to Internet in the coming years and need good domains this is big challenge pay more money to dot com or buy new gtlds ?
what your answer ?

•••
Just wondering...if everyone can have a "perfect domain name", how would people spot a high-end website at a glance ? They couldn't....

So IMO the notion of thousands of great names in the same niche is flawed - it doesn't serve the internet community well. When someone wants to find a big trusted company, they don't want to waste their time going through tenths of perfect-sounding domains, only to find out they are small blogging sites.

Judging a company/website from their domain name is a great time-saver for people.

•••
yes google and other Big companies not like dot com lost Their power but new generation of people come to Internet in the coming years and need good domains this is big challenge pay more money to dot com or buy new gtlds ?
what your answer ?

We are combining a lot of themes here, for a business that needs a good name, that is going to cost them in a new gtld or a .com. Difference being with the new gtld the registry plays the part of the domain investor, in .com it will be a traditional domain investor.

It is not like you can go get Poker.Online for regular fee of say $29.99 that is going to cost a premium and depending on the registry the renewal may be a premium too. So the buyer has to weigh everything and figure out if they want to buy the .com for a premium price, but be assured it is in the most popular and well known extension in the world. Or do they want to try the new gtld if they can buy it for a substantially lower price ? If it is not substantially lower the .com may make more sense just from the renewal standpoint.

Like someone else said it is going to take time, just like wine. There are going to be some winners and some sour grapes.

•••
just give a time, gtld will take over the net, either you like it or not, gtld domains have only been around about a year now ,just compare the registration status # month by month, it is just getting better.

•••
We are combining a lot of themes here, for a business that needs a good name, that is going to cost them in a new gtld or a .com. Difference being with the new gtld the registry plays the part of the domain investor, in .com it will be a traditional domain investor.

It is not like you can go get Poker.Online for regular fee of say $29.99 that is going to cost a premium and depending on the registry the renewal may be a premium too. So the buyer has to weigh everything and figure out if they want to buy the .com for a premium price, but be assured it is in the most popular and well known extension in the world. Or do they want to try the new gtld if they can buy it for a substantially lower price ? If it is not substantially lower the .com may make more sense just from the renewal standpoint.

Like someone else said it is going to take time, just like wine. There are going to be some winners and some sour grapes.

I believe your comment but i think Some new gtlds can change equations

•••

I differ with your thought process in this.
It has been my direct experience that exact match key words play a rather large roll in SEO.
It seems that you will receive a better SEO ranking with an exact match search entry then you would without one.

Let me see if I can clarify this better.
Lets say you have the domain "Coffee Seattle" (the extension does not matter because it plays no real roll short of direct type in traffic).
So someone Googles the key words "Coffee" and "Seattle", they nearly put in the exact match of your domain (minus the extension). You necessarily rank better in the algorithm for that exact match then you would if the user typed in the key words "Coffee" and "Chicago".
So you already start off with a +1 in SEO (only for the exact match key words... COFFEE SEATTLE...in that order).
Since coffee is big in Seattle, it is a highly contentious key words because they bring a lot of traffic with them. Now the rest of SEO comes into play.
Bank Links are the biggest part of SEO (or so my experience shows).
Age of the domain is a big factor in back links. They generally go hand in hand. A 20 year old domain "generally" will have accrued some if not many back links over time.
Fresh and new material also plays a key roll. Stale material drops interest over time.
Images also play a huge roll but they need to be fresh and new as well.

So I think that the nTLDs give everyone a change at having "KEY WORD" domains for their given field. It is difficult for a company to drop their current domain for a new one because of the AGE/Back Links that have already been established with the old domain.
Exact match keywords do play a large size roll but it is only one piece of the puzzle.
Given time, nTLDs will garner those back links (with age) and thus be competitive in the market.

Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Editing... BRB
this is not always the case
i own so many gtld domains and i rank for EMD (exact match domain) in google for most of them
it is much easier for me to rank a gtld domain for EMD comparing to EMD domain in .com or any other extensions

•••
just give a time, gtld will take over the net, either you like it or not, gtld domains have only been around about a year now ,just compare the registration status # month by month, it is just getting better.

You cannot solely rely on registration statistics as they are often biased. Some gTLDs had massive promotions and they were practically giving them for free. The statistics about how many of those are (consistently) renewed would give a much better idea of which extensions exactly seem to hold more value in the long term.

•••
You cannot solely rely on registration statistics as they are often biased. Some gTLDs had massive promotions and they were practically giving them for free. The statistics about how many of those are (consistently) renewed would give a much better idea of which extensions exactly seem to hold more value in the long term.
just give a time, most internet users don't even though about these extensions. just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride.

•••
this is not always the case
i own so many gtld domains and i rank for EMD (exact match domain) in google for most of them
it is much easier for me to rank a gtld domain for EMD comparing to EMD domain in .com or any other extensions
LOL... you and I said basically the same thing.

Sorry... I hit post reply before I had the chance to write what I wanted.
But if you read my post now, you will see that I 100% agree with you that exact match domains do play a rather large roll in rank.

You and I have the same conclusions about SEO. I dont know about the part of a nTLD being easier to place then a .COM because .COM generally have age and back links associated with them.
But it is hard to find a .COM that you can afford in a generic key word term.

Cheers

•••
the more .whatevers there are available, translates to less demand for any specific one.

the release of more .whatevers, further reduces that demand.

the .confusion of which to choose from that ever growing pool, often makes .com the solution.

initial costs to acquire that .com may be higher than .whatever in comparison, but the cost of marketing .whatever to gain awareness and credibility may be higher and take more time.

only the future knows ;)

imo...

•••
The moment a .CLUB sold for $100k (over a 10 yr payment plan, I think it was)
Everyone started running out buying more .club's like it was the next best thing.

Same thing like every other extension. One thing, anyone remember these?

Music.mobi - $616,000
Games.mobi - $400,000
Flowers.mobi - $200,000
Poker.mobi - $150,000
Ringtones.mobi - $145,000

Anyone ever came across one of these sites Today?

Point I'm getting at is we've seen time and time again the same routine:

1. The Hype
2. The Handful of High Dollar Aquisitions
3. The Speculation about .COM's ending days.
4. The Decline of the Hype
5. The Drops

No amount of promotion for gTLDs is going to overshadow the promotion of turning on your TV and only hearing and seeing .COM, back, to back, to back.

•••
in my opinion, domain name has to make sense and it has to be short and memorable
for me as an example, i take USA.Vacations anytime over USAVacations.com
and no, I am not working for donuts LOL

•••
in my opinion, domain name has to make sense and it has to be short and memorable
for me as an example, i take USA.Vacations anytime over USAVacations.com
and no, I am not working for donuts LOL

this right look Which one beter theroosevelthotel.com or Theroosevelt.Hotel ?

•••
this right look Which one beter theroosevelthotel.com or Theroosevelt.Hotel ?
ofcourse Theroosevelt.Hotel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back