IT.COM

New gTLD investor Demographics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the demographics of new gTLD investors?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 18 - 25 years old

• 25 - 30 years old

• 30 - 35 years old

• 35 - 40 years old

• 40 - 45 years old

• 45 - 60 years old

• >60 years old

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

I am curious about the demographics of new gTLD investors.

I am 28 years old and I think young people will determine how the new internet will be shaped.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
s2-e15-go-bigger-go-homeless-comic.png

•••
.Mobi is not a New gTLD... :facepalm:

•••
50 Votes so far, looking for more participation.

Thank you all who contributed the poll with honesty.

•••
.Mobi is not a New gTLD... :facepalm:

it is a generic string TLD for a specific niche so there is no difference between a new GTLD and .mobi

The only difference is that .mobi has collapsed long time ago while the new Gs are in the process of collapsing

•••
This is new gTLD investor demographics. :)

it is a generic string TLD for a specific niche so there is no difference between a new GTLD and .mobi

The only difference is that .mobi has collapsed long time ago while the new Gs are in the process of collapsing

•••
This is new gTLD investor demographics. :)
What do you have in your signature?

Blockchain.Link -$15,000

LiteCoin.Link -$300

You are selling new gTLDs in your signature and depromoting them by saying not to invest in them.

Very smart of you.(y)

Last edited:
•••
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.
Well, it must say something about the quality of your .COM holding if you are just dropping them.
Hope your gTLD's are better.

I have little more than a dozen and most are either one keyword where the gTLD compliments it or the gTLD is a compliment to the good .com I am holding that adds value to it as a package.
(VR.Bargains VR.Discount - TeleporterTours.Com / Teleporter.Tours)
And as far as I have seen in my sales, they have had no effect on .COM sales.
If fact, I don't see much 'real end-use' of gTLD's except for those covering their keyword bases.
Just investor speculation and those that have no other choice for a name that represents what they do, and spammers who just buy a cheap intro priced gTLD.
gTLD's are not a investors paradise with few exceptions. Mainly flippers.
But perhaps a paradise for some end-users in the future at a hand reg level.

It could be that gTLD's situation will change in the future, but that is not coming for at least 5 years anyway.
Many registries may go belly-up before that happens if they fail to keep enough renewing.
I listened to these same claims when .info .biz .mobi .us .tv .me were made and they have been out there most likely before you started domaining and have not been a investors paradise either.
Perhaps for some end users in a hand reg.
But you can look at the 6+ year history of those above for a sneek-peek at what is in store for gTLD's.
For what gTLD's really had effect on was 'the going price for alternative names'.

My opinions are not caused by age, but experience.
How many times do you allow someone to hit your hand with the hammer before you move it out the way ?
It sounds like you have not had your first whack yet. Younger domain'rs always get sucked into hype.
To many parameters are not in their consideration.
Save a few fingers and some pain and learn from history. It's always relevant.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
Very true!

For what gTLD's really had effect on was 'the going price for alternative names'.

My opinions are not caused by age, but experience.

How many times do you allow someone to hit your hand with the hammer before you move it out the way ?
It sounds like you have not had your first whack yet. Younger domain'rs always get sucked into hype.
To many parameters are not in their consideration.
Save a few fingers and some pain and learn from history. It's always relevant.
Good Luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back