Dynadot

New gTLD investor Demographics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What is the demographics of new gTLD investors?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 18 - 25 years old

• 25 - 30 years old

• 30 - 35 years old

• 35 - 40 years old

• 40 - 45 years old

• 45 - 60 years old

• >60 years old

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

I think new gTLDs are under estimated as of today and will keep grow in value in time.

Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

I am curious about the demographics of new gTLD investors.

I am 28 years old and I think young people will determine how the new internet will be shaped.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most of the new gTLD bashers are middle aged or just old as I observed on namePros and I understand why they hate new gTLDs so much because it effects their .com aftermarket sales while there are super generics available with new gTLDs.

Replace old with experienced. If you had a poll like this and asked how long they've been in the industry, most new gltd "investors" would lean more to new.

•••
Replace old with experienced. If you had a poll like this and asked how long they've been in the industry, most new gltd "investors" would lean more to new.

I agree partially, but I also agree w/ atinc. The older generation isn't evolving with the times, surprise sie or recognizing the already established power of many new gTLD's
.club, .top, .online, .shop, .store, .vip, .link, .life. Those won't be going any time soon.

That being said, there is a lot of bullshi t in the new gTLD world. For example, .horse, or .build, who couldn't stand the heat.

•••
I agree partially, but I also agree w/ atinc. The older generation isn't evolving with the times, surprise sie or recognizing the already established power of many new gTLD's
.club, .top, .online, .shop, .store, .vip, .link, .life. Those won't be going any time soon.

That being said, there is a lot of bullshi t in the new gTLD world. For example, .horse, or .build, who couldn't stand the heat.

You just listed some new gtlds as "established power" but some don't have good reported sales. .store just 1 sale $1,000 and over, .vip, 0 sales using Namebio. Where are you seeing power in those? atinc still hasn't sold any new gtlds. Younger people don't have any more insight, since information is out there for everybody. Plus, older people more likely to have kids.

Last edited:
•••

I totally agree with you man, .horse and some other new gTLDs do not make any sense at all. I don`t see these low quality new G`s will valuate anything in future. But let`s be honest here, some new gTLD combinations makes more sense than the .com version.

You just listed some new gtlds as "established power" but some don't have good reported sales. .store just 1 sale $1,000 and over, .vip, 0 sales using Namebio. Where are you seeing power in those? atinc still hasn't sold any new gtlds. Younger people don't have any more insight, since information is out there for everybody. Plus, older people more likely to have kids.

Mr. Carleone, How do u do? Its been a long time we haven`t speak, it might be cause I have not posted on new gTLDs section lately. Cause when I do I am pretty sure you are here to not the agree. :xf.smile:

How is it going for you lately whit your . com investments? Any improvements in sales this year?

I wish you best of luck, I give you a hint, at least invest on a really nice generic with new G`s I am pretty sure it will make you more bucks than your low $xx sales with .com in time.

:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••

Given the ages of the new gTLD's, would it be prudent to be selling on those investments already?

I didn't say everyone that I named had established power. What I said about the ones I named is that they're not going anywhere. Sorry that offends you but I thought with age came wisdom?

And finally if you want to question my ability to crunch data then ignorance seems to be your most outstanding quality.

.club.png .life.png .online.png

.club has 363 sales
360 of which were for over 1,000

•••
I totally agree with you man, .horse and some other new gTLDs do not make any sense at all. I don`t see these low quality new G`s will valuate anything in future. But let`s be honest here, some new gTLD combinations makes more sense than the .com version.

Mr. Carleone, How do u do? Its been a long time we haven`t speak, it might be cause I have not posted on new gTLDs section lately. Cause when I do I am pretty sure you are here to not the agree. :xf.smile:

How is it going for you lately whit your . com investments? Any improvements in sales this year?

I wish you best of luck, I give you a hint, at least invest on a really nice generic with new G`s I am pretty sure it will make you more bucks than your low $xx sales with .com in time.

:xf.wink:

Yes, I posted that elsewhere, sold about 12% of my portfolio, 45 names.

You've still sold 0 new gtlds, still acting like these are great investments. Just not something you've experienced. At all.

Last edited:
•••
Given the ages of the new gTLD's, would it be prudent to be selling on those investments already?

I didn't say everyone that I named had established power. What I said about the ones I named is that they're not going anywhere. Sorry that offends you but I thought with age came wisdom?

And finally if you want to question my ability to crunch data then ignorance seems to be your most outstanding quality.

Show attachment 69500 Show attachment 69501 Show attachment 69502

.club has 363 sales
360 of which were for over 1,000

What are you talking about. You said established power, followed by some new gtlds that aren't doing anything. You're not selling either are you? The .club is the one I agree with, something else I posted elsewhere. You just posted their reported sales numbers. Again, like I said, that information isn't hidden. It's out there for everybody to see.

•••
Mr. Carleone, :xf.smile:

Yeah man it is always easy to sell low quality names.

If your domains are high quality and if you are receiving probably low ball offers as you do, I don`t accept those offers. That makes the difference.

Anyways as I mentioned on my first post in this thread I don`t want any bashers to come and make a post since they got no any valid answers that I am looking for on my question on the poll.

Still appreciate to hear from you, good luck with the rest of your %88 percent of your portfolio. Hoping you haven`t sold out the best you got.

Last edited:
•••
What are you talking about. You said established power, followed by some new gtlds that aren't doing anything. You're not selling either are you? The .club is the one I agree with, something else I posted elsewhere. You just posted their reported sales numbers. Again, like I said, that information isn't hidden. It's out there for everybody to see.

I'm not going to take the time and school you on english. Or on how markets work. And you're 100% right I am not selling, I am developing.

If you buy a plot of dirt and don't develop the land then that's all you have. Which is fine. As for me, I develop, build traffic, and turn dust bowls into castles. Your landing pages are cute though.

I have listed a few of my new gTLD's, say hello to my little friends

•••
Yeah man it is always easy to sell low quality names.

If your domains are high quality and if you are receiving probably low ball offers as you do, I don`t accept those offers. That makes the difference.

Anyways as I mentioned on my first post in this thread I don`t want any bashers to come and make a post since they got no any valid answers that I am looking for on my question on the poll.

Still appreciate to here from you, good luck with the rest of your %88 percent of your portfolio. Hoping yu haven`t sold out the best you got.

Your poll is kinda of useless, since new investors can be any age. While you can find old and new people in the business investing in them, it will lean more new. 2 in this thread.

My sales vary, xx - x,xxx but all profit. Right now you're in the hole. Buying but not selling. Waiting for? The price to drop even further?

Even somebody who is selling, is selling for less on average, already:

"The average price per domain is only about 200-250 dollars. It used to be above $500 per domain for me"

https://www.namepros.com/threads/my...ns-will-continue-invest-in-new-gtlds.1040790/

•••
I'm not going to take the time and school you on english. Or on how markets work. And you're 100% right I am not selling, I am developing.

If you buy a plot of dirt and don't develop the land then that's all you have. Which is fine. As for me, I develop, build traffic, and turn dust bowls into castles. Your landing pages are cute though.

God, I love that quote from Scarface :xf.smile:

SayHelloToMyLittle.Friend

Lol

•••

School me on how markets work, when you're not selling anything. Brilliant. Then link to this thread - https://www.namepros.com/threads/20-domains-all-state-code-phx-az.1042283/

Those are horrible. In the other thread you talk about which new gtlds look better, you're posting up .us and .mobis. I don't think you even know what new gtlds are?

Last edited:
•••
Your poll is kinda of useless, since new investors can be any age. While you can find old and new people in the business investing in them, it will lean more new. 2 in this thread.

My sales vary, xx - x,xxx but all profit. Right now you're in the hole. Buying but not selling. Waiting for? The price to drop even further?

Even somebody who is selling, is selling for less on average, already:

"The average price per domain is only about 200-250 dollars. It used to be above $500 per domain for me"

https://www.namepros.com/threads/my...ns-will-continue-invest-in-new-gtlds.1040790/

See I am not a domainer but an investor, I own couple of businesses that helps me to invest on domain names.

Having the capital for all those new gTLDs that I own from my other businesses, and the cost of investment is no problem at all.

The reason why your sales go down is new G`s in my opinion cause as of today it is really hard to find any valuable .coms for reg. fee but still you have chance with new gTLDs... If you go to search the aftermarket for .coms you will see either the name is crap or the price is too high comparing to registering a good generic new gTLD...

•••
Horrible how, have you seen the recent sales that namecheap has been running? Reg new g's for pennies, even if I sold each of those for a dollar I double down

•••
I am done with this, it's beyond stupid. You're ignorance is all over my shirt and hands now Mr. Face... fuuc

good thread atinc

•••
See I am not a domainer but an investor, I own couple of businesses that helps me to invest on domain names.

Having the capital for all those new gTLDs that I own from my other businesses, and the cost of investment is no problem at all.

The reason why your sales go down is new G`s in my opinion cause as of today it is really hard to find any valuable .coms for reg. fee but still you have chance with new gTLDs... If you go to search the aftermarket for .coms you will see either the name is crap or the price is too high comparing to registering a good generic new gTLD...

My sales aren't going down, they're actually going up. My best year ever. I know that doesn't fall in line with some of the stuff you post, but you not getting any sales falls in line with what I post.

Reg fee? That's rare for me. I get better names on the aftermarket. Again, when you actually have experience yourself in selling new gtlds, then your posts might have more meaning.

•••
Horrible how, have you seen the recent sales that namecheap has been running? Reg new g's for pennies, even if I sold each of those for a dollar I double down

Horrible how? If it were just phoenix, then you would have a chance, a slight one at that. Show me some new gtlds in the pattern that you have? abbreviated city/abbreviated state.new gtld? You can't, they don't exist. Mr. wanting to tell me how markets work, should actually try studying them first.

Last edited:
•••
My sales aren't going down, they're actually going up. My best year ever. I know that doesn't fall in line with some of the stuff you post, but you not getting any sales falls in line with what I post.

Reg fee? That's rare for me. I get better names on the aftermarket. Again, when you actually have experience yourself in selling new gtlds, then your posts might have more meaning.
Jb Lions no offense but I am pretty sure that I am receiving more offers than your total sales man.I am just not satisfied as you do with the prices comparing with the quality of the names.

•••
Jb Lions no offense but I am pretty sure that I am receiving more offers than your total sales man.I am just not satisfied as you do with the prices comparing with the quality of the names.

Offers? That's not money in the bank. If they were good offers, you would have taken them. Be real. Since you have 0 sales, that means you've felt you haven't even gotten 1 good offer yet, or you would have taken it.

Last edited:
•••
Offers? That's not money in the bank. If they were good offers, you would have taken them. Be real.
What is a good offer for you and what is a good offer for me is different.

You are okay for $ xx- $xxxx, but I am not.

•••
What is a good offer for you and what is a good offer for me is different.

You are okay for $ xx- $xxxx, but I am not.

I added to my post while you were typing, address this:

"Since you have 0 sales, that means you've felt you haven't even gotten 1 good offer yet, or you would have taken it."

And that you actually posted more offers than sales, as if that's a good thing. And most likely false on top of that.

Last edited:
•••

"Since you have 0 sales, that means you've felt you haven't even gotten 1 good offer yet, or you would have taken it."

And that you actually posted more offers than sales, as if that's a good thing. And most likely false on top of that.

Again a good offer in my literature is different than yours. I don`t need a $1000, so $xxxx offers won`t satisfy me.

I am pretty happy cause each month I receive more and more offers on my new gTLDs from resellers and the offers grow in value too.

I think same will apply for end-users too.

•••
School me on how markets work, when you're not selling anything. Brilliant. Then link to this thread - https://www.namepros.com/threads/20-domains-all-state-code-phx-az.1042283/

Those are horrible. In the other thread you talk about which new gtlds look better, you're posting up .us and .mobis. I don't think you even know what new gtlds are?

@jaseon I am thankful for your support buddy, but @JB Lions got a point on the link he shared above.

You won`t make any sales with these domains man, no offense but I got no idea about even what

PHXAZ.ACCOUNTANTS
PHXAZ.BID
PHXAZ.BUSINESS

even mean.

You need to learn before you make any further investments with new g`s cause they will cost you more money then .com.

I would suggest you to read @lolwarrior `s book which you can find part of it here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ne...-part-1-pizza-diamonds-short-domains.1036314/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ne...chaotic-versus-structured-portfolios.1038192/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/ne...art-3-big-guys-flippers-and-builders.1041274/

Last edited:
•••
When it comes to the renewal time I keep my new gTLDs and drop most of my .com domains.

This thread is exclusive for only new gTLD investors to prevent bashers to speculate on the results.

Please go ahead and participate the poll to see the average age of new gTLD investors.

@JB Lions , may I ask if you participated the poll to see the results?

Is it you who voted for 40 - 45 years old?

•••
Back