NameSilo

What is your fav new gTLD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

decode

Established Member
Impact
Ok so everyone has there fav new gTLD.
Except those who don't agree with the existence of new gTLDs.

So what is your fav and share any info on if you've had success selling or building on
a new gTLD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I understand what you mean .. but I've seen various claims that there actually are companies that are blindly blocking entire TLD's because of spam reasons. If this trend continues it will affect the marketability of the TLD's in question.

That being said .. I'm not even sure if this is even a new thing ... there were probably several east european ccTLD's that were flagged for the same reasons ages ago.

•••
I think .email sucks. When you turn it to a website, it doesn't make sense.
When you make it into an email, it makes perfect sense, but doesn't sound well. It seems super forced.

I like .shop and .club, though I don't own any.

I own .cool which I think is cool, and a .sexy.
contact@ mevia.email contact@ meby.email is not site :laugh: email .lOl:rolleyes:

•••
I understand what you mean .. but I've seen various claims that there actually are companies that are blindly blocking entire TLD's because of spam reasons. If this trend continues it will affect the marketability of the TLD's in question.

That being said .. I'm not even sure if this is even a new thing ... there were probably several east european ccTLD's that were flagged for the same reasons ages ago.

Well .tk has been offering domains for free for years and this extension has been blocked by many host/email companies.

I don't remember seeing one business using a .tk domain.

.xyz Is clearly liked by startups

•••
•••
•••
•••
.ninja because it adds personality to the domain name. :ninja:

•••
.ninja because it adds personality to the domain name. :ninja:
Just hand regged my first .ninja today. I think I got lucky! All extensions taken except a few at super premium prices. Try searching available extensions for "xyz" or "ninja"

xyz-ninja-logo.png

Last edited:
•••
Got some nice .45cent .club today at NameCheap. The feedback on this thread helped me know I wasn't alone in liking the potential of .club.
Anyone else register any of their fav new gtlds this weekend?

•••
@Ategy.com Just a note on spam.
No domain has more spam than .com
If companies want to block legit customers because they have a cool new GTLD...well that's not very smart.

•••
@decode .. granted .. but no tld has more important emails than .com either .. I'm fairly sure those people who block new TLD's are more interested in the ratio of spam to legit emails .. if the number is ridiculously high then they just kill access for that particular TLD.

It wouldn't surprise me that for most company's most ngTLD emails are 100% spam .. not even that there are a lot .. but that they don't expect any emails from the new ones anyways .. so blocking them to kill the spam makes sense to them (I'm not sure what I would do .. just telling you what's supposedly happening in the real world ... )

I listened to a couple of interviews on companies that switched to new TLD's .. and seems they still kept their old emails ... this could change over time .. I'm thinking TLD's like .app .co .lawyer .bank and others that are more professional and geared towards actual company end use will have one more chance success for that reason as opposed to hobbyists (.cool .sexy .ninja etc) where a business does not expect any serious correspondence.

But on top of that you could have IT managers who have no clue and block some randomly without knowing any better ... but certainly the cheaper TLD's are the ones that are going to attract spammers .. combine that with the intended end user and unfortunately there will be IT managers who blanket block entire TLD's .. but at the end of the day the big question remains unknown .. which TLD's .. and more importantly is it just a few isolated IT managers, or will it become a trend and standard in email security .. at this point I have no clue what the answer to that is ... but I do know "white list" email lists is becoming more and more common .. which kinda sucks for anybody/anything new ... :-/

•••
most spams come from @gmail @hotmail @aol @ yahoo

•••
Yes .. but again same as I mentioned before ... plenty of legit emails come from those as well .. I'm not saying it's the right or wrong thing to do .. just that I've seen discussions mentioning it's being done. Now that could mean 1 out of a million companies are doing it .. or 1 in 10 .. I have no idea .. and I'm not saying if it's right or wrong ... but there is logic to the logic of blocking non-serious TLD's if you're getting some spam and not expecting any legit correspondence. There are millions of legit gmail, hotmail yahoo accounts out there with a lot of important correspondence .. the same logic dictates not to block those ... for the IT managers it's likely all about ratios and risk and productivity.

But even then .. there are some sites that do actually block access to register with those free emails .. I use my free mail most of the time .. but when I have something serious I almost always use one of my professional emails ... but it's not for fear of getting blocked .. it's more just to be taken seriously ... in business both your domain and TLD matter when trying to make an impression.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone grab any great new gTLDs during the holiday sales?
Was able to get some very cool .design and .club

Another interesting note: .xyz, .club and .vip have been approved for use in China the first 3 new gTLDS to get this status.

Andrew at domainnamewire.com reported this. Always worth a look at his site, plenty of good info.
Link to story http://domainnamewire.com/2016/12/05/big-china-approves-club-vip-xyz/

•••
.services
.solutions
.direct
.network

•••
services and solutions?

wow I have missed something... Haven't heard of em before

•••
•••
services and solutions?

wow I have missed something... Haven't heard of em before

Yeah, I love them, I see those two words everywhere, a lot of great opportunities with those two extensions.

•••
.tickets

quite a lot of use cases: travel, transportation, museums, cinema & theatres, concerts, sports
even lottery :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Personally i like .live .online and .games and.shop

Looking at recent sales i had best results with .chat .live and .golf

•••
.qpon .cleaning and I am really anticipating .ファッション early next year! :ROFL:

Actually, I fancy .one

•••
•••
.one

also:
.pub
.web
.army
.live

•••
@Grego85 agreed .services and .solutions sound really good.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back