IT.COM

What is your fav new gTLD?

NameSilo
Watch

decode

Established Member
Impact
Ok so everyone has there fav new gTLD.
Except those who don't agree with the existence of new gTLDs.

So what is your fav and share any info on if you've had success selling or building on
a new gTLD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$1.99 on .club is looking very good
FYI, .club is $0.88 right now at Namecheap, no coupon needed.

Also Uniregistry will have them for $0.85, November 25-28.

Last edited:
•••
I have a few .rentals, watching to see what is most popular with end users.

•••
•••
•••

thinking about it there are quite a few good .rentals domains but never thought about .rentals before as don't own a .rentals

•••
•••
As long as they can be put to good use, I no picky :lookaround:

•••
•••
.xyz is still my favorite. It's short and easy-to-communicate. Also like .wtf just because it's quirky. I have my initials in a LL .wtf at the old, non-premium renewal rate too. :) I kinda like .online. I feel like it's too long and not too aesthetically pleasing, though.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
.xyz no over priced bs and is used by many strong websites and startups.

Umake as an exemple.

Also .XYZ has done some incredible marketing.

Got few names yesterday $0.25 each.

Injector
Privately
Notifier
Leaker

•••
.email
meby.email
mevia.email
can be use for email form such as contact@ meby.email contact@ mevia.email
and i have namepros special discount today contact me via Dm :laugh:

I think .email sucks. When you turn it to a website, it doesn't make sense.
When you make it into an email, it makes perfect sense, but doesn't sound well. It seems super forced.

I like .shop and .club, though I don't own any.

I own .cool which I think is cool, and a .sexy.

•••
.email
.cool
.sexy
.ooo
.wtf
and many more...
no resale value imo

Cool if you have a blog or want a funny email address

•••
•••
.co .. and yes yes .. I know ... I know .. lol .. but I DO class it as a gTLD .. similar to .tv (which I don't like as much unless you have a great key term left of dot .. but it's still a gTLD for all intents and purposes)

•••
.co .. and yes yes .. I know ... I know .. lol .. but I DO class it as a gTLD .. similar to .tv (which I don't like as much unless you have a great key term left of dot .. but it's still a gTLD for all intents and purposes)

.tv .co .io .me .ly .to are ranking as gtld. However they are not "new" :P

•••
.tv .co .io .me .ly .to are ranking as gtld. However they are not "new" :P
lmao .. and here I was ready to fight for the fact .co should be considered a gTLD .. lol .. but yeah .. at only 5-6 years since the top level .co was opened I guess it's older than the new batch by a bit! But I do consider it newer than the others you mentioned because most of those were using the top level from the start (while I'm fairly sure for .co it was only allowing _.com.co _.net.co and _.org.co (or something like that).

3 letter .co's have essentially turned liquid and I'm seeing .co in small and medium sized business advertising. While I don't think .co will ever come close to .com .. I don't think it needs to be to find success in it .. it's one of the few ones that are general purpose and global in scope ... only a little more critical mass of end usage and I think .co could easily become one of the few alternatives to smaller companies only willing to spend 2k to 10-20k for a great (left of dot) domain.

I see the potential for .co to pillage from what would traditionally have been .net .. with the exception of tech companies where .net is more appropriate (and has the colossal bonus of also being 20 years more established .. lol).

•••
lmao .. and here I was ready to fight for the fact .co should be considered a gTLD .. lol .. but yeah .. at only 5-6 years since the top level .co was opened I guess it's older than the new batch by a bit! But I do consider it newer than the others you mentioned because most of those were using the top level from the start (while I'm fairly sure for .co it was only allowing _.com.co _.net.co and _.org.co (or something like that).

3 letter .co's have essentially turned liquid and I'm seeing .co in small and medium sized business advertising. While I don't think .co will ever come close to .com .. I don't think it needs to be to find success in it .. it's one of the few ones that are general purpose and global in scope ... only a little more critical mass of end usage and I think .co could easily become one of the few alternatives to smaller companies only willing to spend 2k to 10-20k for a great (left of dot) domain.

I see the potential for .co to pillage from what would traditionally have been .net .. with the exception of tech companies where .net is more appropriate (and has the colossal bonus of also being 20 years more established .. lol).

I have registered a bunch of 3L.co at sunrise in Jully 2010. One .co cost about $25/year. 7 year x $25 = 257. I now own only a few .co. I took advantage of the Chinese market to get some money back on my investment. I have only sold one .co to an end user (paid $25 sold $1,200 in a year) and received maybe 3 inquiries on my 3L .co... In... 6 years..

I still prefer .co over a lot of tlds but I think .io, .xyz and maybe .app and .web (if they are priced reasonably not like .sucks and don't reserve all the good domains) are better alternative to .com.

•••
Only the new tlds that make sense left and right of the dot, ie: used.auto, chess.club, web.solutions, etc, etc. But you probably will need to pay equivalent of a .com registered in 1990.

•••
The ~$25/year for .co hurts a bit .. but it can also be seen as a good thing in that it keeps it more professional. What's going to happen to .xyz when all the $0.01 names drop .. .xyz and the likes are also a spammers paradise .. they are facing a huge uphill battle for long-term credibility.

I think .app will actually severely hurt .io .. while at the same time not really hurting .co much as it's broader in scope.

.web will likely take off a bit .. but it just seems a little too informal for actual businesses .. but the irony is that .web might be the ngTLD that takes the surviving ngTLD's into the mainstream.

.club I think is a good one for a couple of reasons .. but again .. does not have the broad scope of .co

I've grabbed some great .co's over the last few months .. need to start setting them up for sale .. I'm pretty much starting out now! ;)

•••
Only the new tlds that make sense left and right of the dot, ie: used.auto, chess.club, web.solutions, etc, etc. But you probably will need to pay equivalent of a .com registered in 1990.

+Premium Renewal!

•••
The ~$25/year for .co hurts a bit .. but it can also be seen as a good thing in that it keeps it more professional. What's going to happen to .xyz when all the $0.01 names drop .. .xyz and the likes are also a spammers paradise .. they are facing a huge uphill battle for long-term credibility.

I think .app will actually severely hurt .io .. while at the same time not really hurting .co much as it's broader in scope.

.web will likely take off a bit .. but it just seems a little too informal for actual businesses .. but the irony is that .web might be the ngTLD that takes the surviving ngTLD's into the mainstream.

.club I think is a good one for a couple of reasons .. but again .. does not have the broad scope of .co

I've grabbed some great .co's over the last few months .. need to start setting them up for sale .. I'm pretty much starting out now! ;)

I would say that all 3L and premium word .xyz will never stop increasing in value for the next 5 years. I agree that there a lot of spams coming from .xyz. However, there are a lot of spammers and phishing sites using .com as well as .net and .info. Great word .com .net and even .info are still highly valuable.

People don't trust domain names that doesn't sounds right. not the TLD.

Exemple:

Automatically trusted: Drive.xyz Loan.info Share.net Goal.com Sex.club Fly.travel Web.zone
Not trusted: your-dream123.xyz Paypalaccount1.info wim-e.net m0bileappweb.com

I don't think .xyz is loosing credibility.. only gaining popularity.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back