Dynadot

poll What is everyones favourite old-new gTLD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steven Pilditch

Established Member
Impact
What is everyones favourite old-new gTLD? (.info, .biz, .mobi, .asia etc)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When used correctly, .info

When I say used correctly, I mean used for information rather than just for other stuff.

I love wolves and have been tempted to create a wolf-positive informational site, there I would use .info if I ever do so.

I don't like .mobi because it implies mobile and to me, proper web design uses the same url for all clients.

I don't like .biz because to me it gives the impression of cheap imitation knock-offs.

•••
Hello,

I'm not crazy about any of these, but just as Alice Wonder Miscreations just added, .INFO is good if it is used for a information website. For a company it's just horrible. In my point of view.

I also think .ASIA is ok and maybe it's because I live in Asia. It might work for organizations and businesses completely focused on Asia or Asia related hotel / travel / tour booking sites. Also keywords like Explore / Amazing / Enjoy / About / Goto / Flyto / Travelto and so on works well with the TLD.

Personally I have never owned a .BIZ. I have always associated it as a cheesy version of .COM. However, I am still ok with the much longer .BUSINESS. Maybe because it is new.

.MOBI was probably launched with good intentions, but companies (or noone else) just don't need it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back